Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin [CLOSED Thread]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mungojoe
Msg: 276
It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah PalinPage 12 of 104    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)

Let me tell you who is to blame for all this. 30 years of U.S. gov, the U.S. automotive industry, and the U.S. oil companies are to blame for high gas prices and no alternative solutions. Both the gov and U.S. automotive industry didn't do anything after the gas crisis in the early 70's, because both of them were in bed with U.S. oil companies.

And you WANT four more years of Republican bungling on this?

Out of the last 30 years, the Republicans have run the show for 2/3 rds of it. They are the ones who f*cked up the energy situation, they had that much time to deal with it (20 years) and just handed more and more breaks and deals to big oil while everyone else suffered for it.

And you WANT 4 more years of that?!?
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 280
view profile
History
It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin
Posted: 8/30/2008 1:02:48 AM
So if old man Cain wins and kicks the bucket, Palin is going to be in charge of the whole entire nation with a lot less experience then Obama in many areas. Kind of a scary thought there. Oh well, but then again look at Bush. So in certain cases, experience can be way overrated and idiot Bush is that certain case. Oh, and you can add that sorry ass Carter to that list as well. Bush and Carter should become good friends because they got one giant thing in common, they both F'ed this country up during their times as prez.
 Eric2008
Msg: 282
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 1:15:13 AM
And that, friends and neighbors, is an excellent example of why people should be required to demonstrate their knowledge of the issues before being allowed to vote.

They had that in the south its called the Jim Crowe laws
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 283
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 1:21:48 AM
I was going to say strong on stretch mark defense.

Still looks pretty good though after having 5 kids, ill give her that. Hell of a lot better looking then Hillary at that age and hillary only had one kid!!!!
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 284
Posted: 8/30/2008 1:32:22 AM
My problem with Hillary is that she didn't divorce Bill after he cheated on her. I think she is a bad roll model for all women young and old.

I couldn't agree more. That's when I realized she was a sell out. She won't divorce him and make a big stink about "monica" and he would campaign his buns off for her. Well, he delivered. But she didn't. For me, character is a huge item.

So what, nobody has really heard of her before today.

So what??? Are you serious? Do you have kids? If your neighbor came over and suggested a great baby sitter (assuming you were interested in one) wouldn't you ask some questions...like a LOT of questions. How long has the neighbor known this person. Oh, he's gotten to know her and would trust her with kids. But HOW LONG have you known her? What? 2 days? You're kidding. Would you trust a person like that with YOUR LIFE as president if, god forbid, something ever happened to McCain? You still don't care if you don't know anything about her? Really?

Isn't this kind of like the pot calling the kettle black? So to speak.

No. You got that backwards. They weren't putting down her lack of experience. They were putting down the hypocrisy of McCain about blasting Obama month after painful month about Obama's lack of experience...alright already. Now he takes on a side kick who's questionably on par but certainly no match for Biden when the gloves come off. It was the McCain hypocrisy.

This was a panic response by McCain to the overwhelming success of Obama's speech Thursday.

True indeed. McCain saw the wave coming at him some time ago. He's just reaching for the nearest raft. The other republican candidates who ARE experienced, whether or not we align ourselves with their ideology, probably didn't really want any part of it. So Palin was a natural patsy. It'll all be her fault when he goes down in painful flames come November.

Palin has ZERO foreign policy and military experience.

She has more than the democratic presidential candidate has.

First, let's learn the rules. In this contest, there are FOUR contenders, with TWO on each side. One on each side is running for president, the other for vice president. Understanding that, do you still stand by comparing the democratic presidential candidate to the republican vice presidential candidate? What has one to do with the other? Well, even on that level, Obama wins that one far and away.

The Dems are panicking.

And the seas are heaving, and the birds are dying, and the dark clouds are forming.....whew, that's some heavy dark cloud to carry around. Panicking? Now that's funny. I haven't seen any of my political junkie friends out running en masse down to the drug store for an Rx for prozac just yet. Nope. We're terribly happy campers. Jes keep on keepin' on. It gets better every day.

Did you even look to see who this woman is? She is less of a stranger than Obama is for crying out loud.

Did you look? Hey. We mortals just found out. Give it time. We've looked to see who Obama and McCain and Biden are and, so far so good. Yours? We don't know yet. We're not nearly as intuitive as McCain who, having gotten to know her over the long span of a couple of days, gives her the nod? Are you freakin' serious? Wouldn't you want to know just a whole lot more about a new babysitter, let alone a vice president of the United States? Are you kidding me? You bet your bird I'd want to know this person a hellova lot longer before I would even consider them as VP. Any sane person would (which also leads me to the inescapable conclusion that McCain is losin' it right before our very eyes. Hey. At that age, it happens to the best of them. It's not their fault. It's just natures way of saying "s**I ha****ns". Get over it. But we're not ceremonisously passing down the family car to a young teen driving only a few years but is president of the hot rod club. We're talking about the most powerful man on the planet...and it could be a woman. Don't you have just an iddy biddy few things you'd like to see? To know about her? Aren't you the least bit curious. (Pssss ask Bush about looking into Putin's eyes - great for laugh if you have that dark kind of humor).

I'm going to create a bumper sticker: McCain/Palin 2008--the Death of Sex.

ROTFLMAO. Lost my coffee on that one lady :). That made my day but also imediately needed to add music and comedy as next on the list. That's scary. Look where it got the Chinese. Really bad teeth. Now they're gettin' really personal.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 285
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 1:35:53 AM
Which areas? She has him beat in just about all.

HAHA.

I don't know Biden's mouth is pretty strong with all that talking he does. God I couldn't imagine being in a closed room with Biden for 10 minutes straight, it would be like torture. He could literately talk someone to death. Hell, why do we even need Gitmo, just lock the terrorist in a room with Biden, that's torture enough.
 exodusi1
Msg: 286
view profile
History
It looks like McCain's VP Schtick is Sarah Pain
Posted: 8/30/2008 2:16:58 AM
Had a chance to find out who she is and. . .

Well, I guess the repubs have given up on the Hillary vote. No one who supports Hillary is going to vote for someone that far to the right.

Just what we need, another person who doesn't get science?

Someone who doesn't believe in a woman's right to choose, even in cases of incest and rape?

Someone who thinks Pat Buchanon is the "right candidate?"

What the hell was the republican party thinking?

I'm still not convinced she will be the VP candidate in two weeks. I think he really wants Lieberman. But he must have felt that the far right needed a bone. Maybe, after Thurdsay's speech, it became clear those on the left and middle were a lost cause for a continuation of the Bush policies? I don't know, but I'm not impressed.

No, Democrats aren't worried about this pick. We worry about our families, like you do, but we worry about our environments, other people's health and welfare, we worry about civil rights here and abroad, we worry about our nations image, we worry about a lot of things, it is what we do, but I assure you, we aren't worried that this nutjob will be a winning ticket, we are worried that the republicans in general will somehow find a way to steal another election. I'm not worried that she will make this a winning ticket, I'm worried that womeone so far to the right will accidently become president.
 exodusi1
Msg: 287
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 2:22:37 AM
That's priceless!

So much for that whole sex is only for procreation stance!

SteelCity1981
Msg: 288
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 2:31:55 AM
Oh i was comparing her to Biden. My mistake cause you know they got that political debate coming up against one another, that should be a riot. The guy that can't shut up vs the woman that is clueless.
 exodusi1
Msg: 289
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 2:34:03 AM
Her record surpasses Obama?

Umm, she has been governor of a state that has a half million people. . . Great accomplishment! However, Obama is so much more educated and has a far greater understanding of the world and Wasington. . .

No worries, believe what you want, but this race isn't going to be close!
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 290
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 2:36:59 AM
Oh i was comparing her to Biden. My mistake cause you know they got that political debate coming up against one another, that should be a riot. The guy that can't shut up vs the woman that is clueless.
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 291
Posted: 8/30/2008 2:38:32 AM

The Republican party is the party of family values???

OHMIGOD. You just gotta love it. You mean McCain didn't know that after knowing all about her in couple of days? How is that? His goose is absolutely cooked if that's the truth. That's freaking incredible. By By BomBomBom BomBom Iran. By By.
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 292
Posted: 8/30/2008 2:46:32 AM

And what if she were deemed the best person for the job and he had never met her?

To quote a good old country buddy of mine, "if frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their ass on the rocks".

What if? I have to deal with "what is".

And what if she were deemed the best person for the job and he had never met her? That would mean he should have picked somebody that he does know like Cheney or Bush? Get real.

You mean there's something wrong with Cheney or Bush? Really? And you don't see those very things in McCain? Now that, I find troubling given their history. But hey, in the final analysis, that's you pick. So be it. We agree to disagree.

We were comparing her with Obama if I recollect.

As I recollect, that's foolish. Why not compare her with HER counterpart - Biden. (She's not running for president, remember? Let's stick to what is. No go for it. We'll watch with great enthusiasm and baited breath.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 293
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 2:51:17 AM

How is she clueless?

You know i'm talking about palin right?

Lets just say she is very wet behind the ears at this position.
 dabearsguy
Msg: 294
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 2:55:34 AM
Maybe the metrosexual Obama can learn how to do guy stuff from Sarah Palin. She has more experience in hunting, fishing, shooting and bowling. I bet she can give him a run for his money in a 1 on 1 game of hoops. Her nickname from her high school basketball days was "barracuda".
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 295
Posted: 8/30/2008 2:57:31 AM
Lets look a little closer at what she stands for:

She's more conservative and pro oil than****Cheney.
She doesn't yet have an oil tanker named for her like Condi, but give it time.
She's more anti-abortion than Mike Huckabee
She's more ultra-religious than most televangelists
She's a firm believer in Creationism, hates those who teach evolution.
She's about to be indicted for firing a State Commissioner who refused to fire her ex-brother in-law Mike Wooten.
She's pro drilling off shore.

If that's the platform you support, by all means, go for. But know you're voting for 4 more years (he'll never live 8) of the same sick idealogues who got us mired in this mess to begin with. How can you, in good conscience possibly continue to support this destructive charade? It boggles ones mind.
 dabearsguy
Msg: 296
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 2:58:27 AM

I'm going to create a bumper sticker: McCain/Palin 2008--the Death of Sex.
My bumper sticker is going to be Obama/Biden- the Death of the unborn.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 297
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 2:59:21 AM
A woman that can hunt and likes to play sports, drink some beers and looks good ontop of that, is a god gift to men! I'm not talking about Palin i'm talking about any woman. Those are the women you want to keep and cherish right there. Now that's what I call a man's woman and i'm lucky enough to have one.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 298
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 3:07:24 AM
You really Hattin on Biden, I take it you don't like the guy too much is an understatement.

I mean i agree with Obama and Biden less on more issues then I do with McCain and Palin, but hell i'll go out and have a beer with all of them. I bet Biden would be fun drunk. :)
 exodusi1
Msg: 299
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 3:11:44 AM
The woman doesn't believe in evolution. . . How long are republicans going to stay in the 18th century?

Creationism is a freaking joke to anyone with a college education. I'm glad you are happy with your selection, but she is ignorant, and she is going to face a great debater. Not that debates really have any effect anyore. Bush never won a debate in his life, it didn't hurt him. No, the deciding factor is going to come down to inspiration. . . Will the electorate be moved to go out and vote. . . Obama inspires, McCain doesn't. . . I think it is really going to be that simple. . . If Ohio or Florida falls for Obama, the election is over at that point. Will McCain, for more years of the same, and the cute nut from Alaska help them win Ohio or Florida? I don't know the answer to that one, but it is the ONLY question right now.
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 300
Posted: 8/30/2008 3:13:31 AM

Maybe the metrosexual Obama can learn how to do guy stuff from Sarah Palin.

This "metrosexual" (you learned a new word?) takes out the trash just like everyone else. And he plays basketball like Kobe. How much more of a "guy" thing is that??

Yes. However, she has success after political success in executive leadership positions.

We're talking about her ideology and not her ability to bag a moose. I'm sure even you could handle that, right?

Since you keep harping on executive experience, McCain has none. Period. Soooo now what? Well, good night. This has been a real slice...sort of....but tiresome. Have a good evening all
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin [CLOSED Thread]