Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin [CLOSED Thread]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 376
It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah PalinPage 16 of 104    (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42)

She might have a shrill voice but at least she's BEAUTIFUL to look at!! If only Biden was that hot! lol! It's funny how LOOKS have a huge factor in Politics.

Only if you're really really shallow.
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 377
It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin
Posted: 8/30/2008 5:35:16 PM

And you wonder why McCain never answerd any of your letters...

Oh I understand. He's busy counting his houses so he'll be ready for the big debates
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 378
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 5:36:40 PM
I was thinking more on the lines of because you didn't say "Thank you" at the end of your letter.
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 380
Posted: 8/30/2008 5:50:33 PM
Obama and Biden are going to simply destroy her on ideology alone. She'll be pandering to the folks to buy into the adam and eve and talking snake thing. Good luck with that one. Look where that one's gotten us for the last 8 but, as Obama so adroitly said, "8 is enough".

And I think they're both too gentlemanly to call Palin on this one. Ooooh Those "family values".

http://www.alan.com/2008/08/29/conservative-family-values/
 Optimistic for 2008
Msg: 381
Posted: 8/30/2008 5:56:47 PM
I might be Canadian but I'm behind the Obama/Biden ticket 1000%.....So I'm thrilled that McCain made such a horrible choice.......I love watching these right wing fanatics in the party hold back the taste of a hot dog eaten years ago as they stay on the talking points, insisit Palin is the best choice.....my God....all you right wing evangelists better start praying for your safety now that this previous Mayor of a town of 5,000 people is a heart beat away from a 72 year old, 5 or 6 time cancer patient...
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 382
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 6:02:15 PM
Yeah but you can't vote so what's the diff.
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 383
Posted: 8/30/2008 6:02:33 PM

better start praying for your safety now

Dobson was praying for rain on Obama's parade. That didn't work out. However, hurrican Gustov WILL rain on McCain's parade.LOL. Gotta love the kharma in all that.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 384
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 6:03:52 PM
Dobson is crook. I wish someone would thorw his ass in prision for fraud.
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 385
Posted: 8/30/2008 6:14:41 PM
Ha, ha, ha! Obama/biden haven't said much about her, because they're letting her speak for herself!

Not only is her voice annoying, but with the whole country desperate for info on her, she's in washington, PA giving the same speech she gave yesterday, only with less feeling, because the passion has worn off. And OMG yes, her voice is annoying.

Also, this little firing scandal has to work its way through the news, plus, there will no doubt be plenty of reporters digging up the budget records of that little town of wasilla. Obama doesn't have to say a word, the news will be all over this within the week.

Not to mention, her three big substantive talking points, 1.standing up to corruption in alaska, 2.turning down money on the bridge to nowhere and 3 sending all the citizens of alaska a big oil money refund check are all debatable.
1. Ted stevens was indicted by the doj, so "standing up" to him wasn't so hard, it was more of a "wait for him to get indicted" kind of thing. 2. Arguably, she turned down the bridge to nowhere money once the project was already denied by congress, and 3 alaska has been sending citizens the oil dividend since the 60s. Its the only way they can get people to live there.

So I guess, tomorrow at around 5:45 am, she'll be staring at the mountain with her hand outstretched screaming "sun, I command you to rise!"
 Kiss_My_Karma~
Msg: 386
Posted: 8/30/2008 6:15:35 PM
Biggest state.....so what, the trees and raccoons have a vote now? Snow owls? The population of the whole state of Alaska is less than that of many of our bigger cities.

I fail to see the difference between 5,000 and 9,000 when you are talking about potentially governing 3 billion.
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 387
Posted: 8/30/2008 6:23:43 PM
And as far as saying, her executive experience is of a small town/ low population state, that objection is relevant because the issues confronting government in a sparcely populated area are just so much different than those confronted by the country as a whole, so the experience of being involved in local government in say, chicago translates more easily to the national level.

Ironically (in light of her "choose life no matter what, even in the event of rape" position) sexual abuse is a serious problem in alaska. I'm sure all the women in the country will be interested to hear, as governor, what she did to address this problem that effects women so catastrophically (what has she done, other than force them to have their rapists'/ molesters' babies, that is).

Biden, on the other hand, sponsored the violence against women act, so that will play beautifully in the debate. Biden is the bigger feminist.

...And frankly, Biden IS sexy as hell, in a way you guys could probably never understand.
 o4
Msg: 388
Posted: 8/30/2008 6:29:01 PM
We ALL talked in another thread (do reps and dems hate each other?) about how dems and reps are similar to a family of siblings. We fight amongst ourselves, but when an outsider comes along, that's something else.

So SydneyRicky.....how many more names are you going to call this particular American?

Maybe the dems that talked about the concept of 'american family' might also have words for you too??? We'll have to see how much they stand by their words too.
 PurpleCrayon~
Msg: 389
Posted: 8/30/2008 6:57:03 PM
Howdy... Just stopping in with some new news... I do see that all is well... many still in denial about Sarah Palin's qualifications. Keep on underestimating the woman.

Now, for the Updates:

Since Friday's announcement of Palin as VP... the McCain campaign has garnered 4 million dollars from contributions via the internet.

During their first campaign stop... McCain and Palin pulled in 8,000 people and it was that number because the area in PA was filled to capacity.

Obama and Biden pulled in 10,000 and had room to spare...in Ohio.

My...my... should have seen Obama's face today btw... looks like he is still scowling ... probably upset over the Palin choice. Standing there rubbing his chin...frowning.

Oh... and to those who say the Obama camp haven't put out statements re' Palin... need to go back and read some posts... A statement was put out... which Obama later apologized for and said it was stated ... during a 'hair trigger' response. Yes, they've put their 'attitudes' out there.

McCain/Palin!
 faith2565
Msg: 390
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 6:59:17 PM
I am going to just sit back and enjoy the ride. We will see in the end.

Obama/Biden 08
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 391
Posted: 8/30/2008 7:16:16 PM
Ha ha! Everyone loves bubba. No one can stop talking about the guy, even though his wife is no longer the candidate.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 392
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 7:22:41 PM

Obama/Biden 08

You know this is just all a decoy. You're really going to vote for McCain/Palin.
 exodusi1
Msg: 395
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 7:38:04 PM
Blues;

World class beatdown my friend, you actually made me laugh out loud once. . .

It is pretty ironic how quick to defend this inexperienced right wing nut job all of the neocons are, when they still attack such an articulate and capable man. Being a PTA member, mayor of a small town and governor of 450,000 for a year and a half doesn't make her ready for the throne. . .

Those who continually say they don't know who Obama is are just plain liars or ignorant. . . The man has been in the public light now for four years. . . It was pretty obvious that from the moment he hit the floor in 2004, there was something special about him. . .

The republicans that crossed the lines to vote for Hillary, did so at the behest of Plush Lintball, because they knew Obama is special. . . The Republicans that crossed the lines to vote for Obama did so because they were inspired. . . Big difference!

Again, my dad is a life long Republican. . . He was moved by Obama's speech. . . So much so, that he told me he wished he had been there, as did I. We ARE going to be there, together with my son, to witness history on 1-21-09!

The naysayers ridicule our hope, but after 8 years of Dubya, all we have left is hope. . .
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 396
Posted: 8/30/2008 7:45:16 PM
Exodus, what do you expect? Repubs seem to pick all their people based on ideology, not ability...and their base thinks the only important issue is abortion, so they are all for it.

My mom is also a regan republican who voted for bush senior against clinton the first time. She's pretty excited to vote for obama. She's even volunteering on the campaign.

I think this is the case for many baby boomers who grew up to be 80s republicans.
 rayzrsharp
Msg: 397
Posted: 8/30/2008 8:03:04 PM
^^^^ The link can be found on this page as well as tons of other interesting info about her...
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/8/30/201818/606/27/580690
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 399
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 8:12:18 PM

In just her second appearance on the campaign trail with John McCain, newly-minted GOP running mate Sarah Palin was showered with boos on Saturday for attempting to praise Clinton’s trail-blazing bid to become the first female president.

As she did at in her debut speech in Ohio yesterday, Palin appealed to the women in the crowd here in Pennsylvania with a political shout-out to Geraldine Ferraro, who preceded Palin as the first women to be tapped as a vice presidential candidate.

But in contrast with the mild reception that greeted her comments at the Ohio event, when Palin praised Clinton here for showing “determination and grace in her presidential campaign,” the Alaska governor was met with a noisy mix of boos, groans and grumbles around the minor league ballpark where the “Road to the Convention Rally” was held.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

Oops.

Seems to be off to a good start, let's see how this one continues.
 PurpleCrayon~
Msg: 400
Posted: 8/30/2008 8:14:22 PM
The Liberals can't seem to find links for their charges against Sarah Palin. Hmmmm I wonder why.

And, so far the 'stuff' they dig up on McCain has to do with his divorce of over 20 years ago.

Like the above compares with:
Wright and contempt of America and Caucasians
The gangster Chicago thugs
The drugs
List goes on and on for Obama...

I just watched a Bio of his life... the dude has been running for office since he graduated law school. That's it. Running for office and hanging with America hating people and gangsters. What were the Democrats thinking?
Oh... the rock star status... and making 'history'. Yep, there's a clip in the Bio where Obama himself tells someone he's a rock star and just wait till after his speech the next (this was the day prior to his 2004 keynote speech). Obama already had his map laid out. Be a Democrat rock star.

Yet, Palin is more qualified than Obama... with her years of governing
So far, it hasn't been found that she does/did drugs nor had close relationships with anyone near filled with hate like Wright
And...

wonder if she can outshoot Obama on the basketball court being that she was point guard on her team. I mean... after all.. shooting hoops is so important ... for the photo ops.

Keep on frowning Obama... the team of McCain and Palin are upon you!

And..btw... way to go azzhole Michael Moore and, what's his name (the former DNC guy) for your mean spirited comments towards the residents of the states where the hurricane is headed... because it is coming at the time of the start of the RNC. How tacky and horrible to say what they did. Will the Democrats applaud their lapdogs now?

McCain/Palin!

EDIT:
Just read a post up above re' the boos during the Palin speech today... I watched it and it was in regard to Clinton period. When the Democrat platform was mentioned there were boos... It was a very enthusiastic McCain/Palin crowd all the way!...so, why not put it in the context as it happened. Oh... because it sounds better for Obama and Biden to say it the other way... gotcha.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin [CLOSED Thread]