Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin [CLOSED Thread]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PurpleCrayon~
Msg: 402
It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah PalinPage 17 of 104    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)

Am I hallucinating? Or weren't you just ****ing at democrats for playing "race" politics (as according to your analysis)?

Nope, you aren't hallucinating.
I'm not running for President. He is.
I'm just a forum participant.
Plus, I'm just stating the truth. Not playing any card.
 rayzrsharp
Msg: 404
It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin
Posted: 8/30/2008 8:27:10 PM
PURPLE CRAYON you are really showing your true colors. Seriously ma'am, your reasons for not liking Obama are becoming more and more obvious with every post you toss up. Just come right out and say what you really feel. At least that way you can save some bit of dignity instead of spouting off random uninformed comments that aren't the least bit supported.
Come on, I'm sure your far more intelligent than your posts are suggesting.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 405
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 8:35:34 PM
Here's another source for some information on Palin, an Alaskan blogger who has been commenting on her for quite a while.

Interesting little tidbits to be found there, like this one :

An alert reader pointed out this paragraph in the WSJ story and posed a question...

"Ms. Palin said afterward that she had ducked down to keep state troopers from seeing her as the family negotiated roadwork on the 160-mile drive from Anchorage to Kenai. "I knew they would wave me through," said Ms. Palin, as her husband, a four-time winner of Alaska's Tesoro Iron Dog snow-machine race, held their baby, Trig."

When did infant car seats become optional in Alaska?

http://www.andrewhalcro.com

So you are a right to lifer, but also drive around Alaska as it's Governor (especially when roadwork is being done) with your husband HOLDING your baby ?

Alaska law says that a driver may not transport children under 16 in a motor vehicle unless the child is properly secured according to state child passenger safety law.

Children under age 4 must be properly secured in a federally approved car seat or booster car seat.

http://babyproducts.about.com/od/statecarseatlaws/qt/alaskacps.htm

Not safe, not smart, and .....illegal.
 StrangerInTheHouse
Msg: 406
Posted: 8/30/2008 8:36:26 PM

The Liberals can't seem to find links for their charges against Sarah Palin. Hmmmm I wonder why.

And, so far the 'stuff' they dig up on McCain has to do with his divorce of over 20 years ago.

Like the above compares with:
Wright and contempt of America and Caucasians
The gangster Chicago thugs
The drugs
List goes on and on for Obama...

^That's a very good example of the type of lies and ignorance the republican party typically stands for these days.
Do you want people chosen by a political party (many of whom are nothing but white trash, that accuses all... even the most decent and upstanding black people of being criminals and gangsters when the truth is that they themselves are racist) that thinks and act like this as leaders to run the country?

That's one reason I can't vote republican. I'd be ashamed people would think I was one of them.

Do you want to keep having to be ashamed of the US?
 rayzrsharp
Msg: 407
Posted: 8/30/2008 8:45:10 PM
^^^Agreed! DENIAL! Why is this with the repubs? Purple Crayon sounds exactly like Elisabeth Hasslebeck from The View. Extremely blind and in complete denial of the obvious. Does the truth hurt that bad? Amazing.
 StrangerInTheHouse
Msg: 409
Posted: 8/30/2008 9:11:26 PM
I find it curious that there are so many profiles of "black" people here who say they don't like Obama. I wonder how that could be? White people with fake profiles? Republicans? ... could be... but we'll never know... Just a thought...
That's another thing the republicans are known for... the "echo effect" in the media... ala Rupert Murdoch and Fox...
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 411
Posted: 8/30/2008 9:35:06 PM
Biden was picked for money? His fundraising was PITIFUL! Biden was picked for love, honey.

Meanwhile Obama gets over 4 million, just from massachusetts this month, just cause of his birthday. He made over 7 mil. In san fransisco in one fundraiser. I think Obama is all set without Biden, who has garnered less than half a mil total from massachusetts.
 faith2565
Msg: 412
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 9:40:39 PM
You guys are getting off topic. This forum is suppose to be about Sarah. Please do not get this thread closed. They have been closing threads like crazy.

Today Sarah was booed by the crowd in Penn. while trying to appeal to the Hillary voters. I know that had to hurt. But, she is just not Hillary.
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 413
Posted: 8/30/2008 9:42:25 PM
If you think bush's increase of the money supply, no-bid contracts and frequent financial sector bail outs are free market, you get an F for econ 101.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 414
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 9:43:26 PM
Since when does any topic ever stay on "the topic at hand" in this place?
 faith2565
Msg: 415
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 9:45:34 PM
That is true, but if they close this forum we will have to hunt for another. How do you feel about her being booed. I think it is a little sad. McCain needs to be put in timeout. He should have known the Hillary women would not take that easy. That is why Obama did not chose a woman.
 faith2565
Msg: 417
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 9:54:33 PM
It makes sense that the democrats booed her, Hillary is a democrat. McCain put her on the ticket to capture some of the 18 million votes. I do not think republicans would boo her, that would not make sense. McCain should have known the Hillary women would not take to this so easily. He needed to find the best woman for the slot. Read the story for yourself.

=========================================
August 30, 2008
Palin booed for mentioning Hillary Clinton
Posted: 07:35 PM ET

From CNN Political Producer Peter Hamby

Palin is praising Clinton on the trail as the GOP woos the New York senator’s supporters.

==========================================

ManeRider
Msg: 418
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 9:59:31 PM
^^^^^
Americans are hungry for change, and we're taking this election. McCain's numbers may seem illogically parallel to Obamas, but I suspect the media moguls and pollsters keep that game fresh and lively to keep people's atttention. Everywhere I turn on the news, the evidence supports that people in this country are overwhelmingly disgusted with the past 8 yrs and are seeking the change so desperately needed to shake up Washington, something McCane isn't suited to do, especially since all of his campaign staff were fired because they were all lobbyist.
I trust what Obama has stated he intends to accomplish if elected, ands I don't trust McCane as far as I could kick him. It's become a black and white issue, and it is party lines that have been drawn, especially the war and abortion/evangelical rights.
 PurpleCrayon~
Msg: 420
Posted: 8/30/2008 10:07:10 PM
I'm getting dizzy with all the threads on Sarah Palin. Way to go Sarah!

As to the booing during her speech today re' Clinton.. it was a crowd for McCain and Palin and they were booing Clinton..not Palin. Palin is being gracious to Geraldine and Hillary. This crowd in Pa gave their views on Hillary. Booing Hillary Clinton. If you had watched the speech, you would have known this fact...and if you watched it and still think they were booing Sarah... then, you are obviously grasping at straws.

The crowd was over 8,000 and would have been more cept for the space alloted. Obama and Biden held one today and drew 10,000 with plenty of room left for more...only the more didn't come to it.

McCain and Palin raised 4 millon in one day from Internet contributions... from Friday's announcement to Sat.

Even the most Liberal of talking Pundits are showing their worry that Palin to the ticket just put the Dems. further on the defensive. Defensive because they had already started their slide in the polls these last few weeks..and, couldn't muster but a few points from the DNC when they hoped for something close to the 28 pts Kennedy received after his. Obama and Biden received .. what 5 or 6 point bump. Oops...... No wonder Obama camp made those negative remarks about Palin being added to the ticket...then, sent Obama to apologize for the ..quote...'hair trigger' response. unquote.

McCain/Palin!
 rayzrsharp
Msg: 421
Posted: 8/30/2008 10:08:26 PM
SO MHEATH4 what will you do? Since you don't care for either candidate, will you sit out your second chance to vote? Cast your vote for Nadar? Don't get me wrong, I completely respect your honest approach to determining your pick and not relying solely on race or emotion but when faced with two candidates you don't like what will you do?
 faith2565
Msg: 422
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 10:09:46 PM
Purple you know I believe everything you say.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 423
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 10:16:21 PM

I want Sarah elected just to see the cat fight between Pelosy and Palin.

congress will never be the same!

Did the world get a little brighter and life a little sweeter.

Quick someone look and see if gas prices are dropping yet! i!

SteelCity1981
Msg: 424
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 10:18:03 PM

That is true, but if they close this forum we will have to hunt for another.

Nah it will just be remade and the process starts all over again. It's the circle of forum life around here.
 faith2565
Msg: 425
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 10:19:51 PM
Let's u know that you do not need a masters or a law degree.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin [CLOSED Thread]