Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin [CLOSED Thread]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 faith2565
Msg: 452
view profile
History
It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah PalinPage 19 of 104    (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45)
Just checking. This is what really caught my eye!

Palin agrees with Obama on more Alaska oil & gas production. (Aug 2008). As we continue to dig what else will we discover and this is only day two.

Obama/Biden 08

SteelCity1981
Msg: 455
view profile
History
It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin
Posted: 8/31/2008 12:03:52 AM
I might vote for Nader, just because i feel sorry for the guy. He's like an old beatup car that just can't make it up the hill without stalling.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 457
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2008 12:08:33 AM
The presumptive Republican nominee will appear with his prospective running mate at a massive rally on August 29, the day after Barack Obama formally accepts the Democratic presidential nomination.

The McCain campaign is hoping to have 15,000 people at the Ohio rally — roughly five times the size of his largest crowd to date.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/08/27/sources-mccain-to-reveal-vp-friday/

So McCain's all star roll out of Palin , was five times the largest crowd he had ever addressed up to then ?

McCain-Palin 08
Come meet the candidates !
Room 4B , Days Inn, exit 46 off of I-95,
Plenty of room for everyone
Invite your friends !!!!!!
 faith2565
Msg: 458
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2008 12:27:52 AM
Both newcomer candidates are bring fame to their home states.....

===============================

Hawaii, Alaska and the presidential race: History will be made
The obvious historical implications of John McCain's pick of Sarah Palin as a running mate, hot on the heels of Barack Obama officially securing the Democratic presidential nomination, were quickly and duly noted: One way or the other, a demographic breakthrough will occur in this year's election.

Less noted was this: For the first time since they joined the union not quite 50 years ago, the nation's two most far-flung -- and youngest -- states each have a horse in the White House race.

Obama's native Hawaii had been a state slightly less than two years when he was born there on Aug. 4, 1961 (its admission date: Aug. 21, 1959).

Palin isn't an Alaskan by birth, but she came pretty darn close -- she was an infant when her family moved there from Idaho in 1964. At that point, it had been a state for about five and a half years (admission date: Jan. 3, 1959).

Either way, a milestone will be achieved for a state never before represented at the highest levels of the executive branch.
=========================

Obama/Biden 08

-- Don Frederick
 Outdoor2
Msg: 460
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2008 1:17:22 AM

They do not like the fact that we are not Muslim. Our way of life is not satisfactory to them.

The religion card
Neither side in this war gives a flying freak about religion....power, baby...it's all about power....religion is merely a tool used by both sides most effectively....and anyone on either side who uses this as a justification, is...well...like a tool...and...

....dumber than a sack of hammers....
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 461
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2008 1:33:56 AM
Like outdoor2 said it's all about power, that's what it boils down to. Fundamentalist groups such as Al-Qadia don’t give a rates ass about Islam, they use it to convert weak minded Islamic people for their own self-righteous cause and it doesn't stop at them, all fundamentalist use religion this way.
 StrangerInTheHouse
Msg: 462
Posted: 8/31/2008 1:55:04 AM

Out of millionaires, 1% are inheritance, 2% are lottery, and 97% are entrepreneurs

Source please?

The oil companies are rich because of .....wait for it.....FREE MARKET.

OH wait... you mean that all the battery powered cars on the market afew years ago were only leased and not sold for that reason... when so many people wanted to buy them?
hMMMMM... Well I'll be!

I agree. McCain and the Republican party want to tap America's source, which is greater than all of the middle east and Africa combined. Who can tell me what Obama doesn't want to do?

I think Obama doesn't want to kill off the planet with waste from fossil fuels and find new energy sources instead of run out of the finite ones we already have.
Bush and McCain are all about oil. They've done everything they could to undermine use of alternative energy sources.

Global warming has been debunked at all levels of science according to the IPCC.

then, why are the glaciers melting... and the north pole itself?

Again, I agree. However this would mean higher taxes.

Oh.. you mean we couldn't rechannel the money from fighting these stupid wars into that instead?

Everyone has the ability to get quality health care. What they don't have is a way to get "health coverage." That's a BIG difference. Health coverage is an insurance. Insurance is a business. FREE MARKET. Again, if you like that kind of thing, Cuba and France are where it's at. Granted, upon research by John"s Hopkins University, those 2 countries have some of the lowest medical standards in the world based on the fact the doctors make less than school teachers, but hey....that's acceptable, right?

1 France
2 Italy
3 San Marino
4 Andorra
5 Malta
6 Singapore
7 Spain
8 Oman
9 Austria
10 Japan
11 Norway
12 Portugal
13 Monaco
14 Greece
15 Iceland
16 Luxembourg
17 Netherlands
18 United Kingdom
19 Ireland
20 Switzerland
21 Belgium
22 Colombia
23 Sweden
24 Cyprus
25 Germany
26 Saudi Arabia
27 United Arab Emirates
28 Israel
29 Morocco
30 Canada
31 Finland
32 Australia
33 Chile
34 Denmark
35 Dominica
36 Costa Rica
37 United States of America
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 463
Posted: 8/31/2008 1:55:28 AM
Let's jump forward about 4 years... lets say the year is 2012. Who will Palin pick to be her V.P. for her Presidential run? We know McCain is to old and probably won't be a 2 term President. Moreover, if the McCan/Palin ticket wins this year... then you are no doubt looking at your 1st woman President, be it in the year 2012. JMHO
 exodusi1
Msg: 464
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2008 2:00:47 AM
Mheath;

Not only do you get an "F" for Econ 101 based upon poor or inaccurate statistics and lack of understanding, but you also get an "F" in Global Issues and Science. . .

None of your "Stats" were based on anything but you own impression.

Before lecturing others on economics, it might benefit you to either take an econ class, or perhaps read a few statistics. . . I suggest The US Census report, that might help. . .
 jed456
Msg: 465
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2008 2:27:46 AM
Palin agrees with Obama on more Alaska oil & gas production. (Aug 2008). As we continue to dig what else will we discover and this is only day two.

Apparently she agrees with more then that.

Palin on Obama
by Philip Gourevitch
September 8, 2008
Before she was running against him, Sarah Palin—the governor of Alaska and now the Republican candidate for Vice-President of the United States—thought it was pretty neat that Barack Obama was edging ahead of John McCain in her usually solidly red state. After all, she said, Obama’s campaign was using the same sort of language that she had in her gubernatorial race. “The theme of our campaign was ‘new energy,’ ” she said recently. “It was no more status quo, no more politics as usual, it was all about change. So then to see that Obama—literally, part of his campaign uses those themes, even, new energy, change, all that, I think, O.K., well, we were a little bit ahead on that.” She also noted, “Something’s kind of changing here in Alaska, too, for being such a red state on the Presidential level. Obama’s doing just fine in polls up here, which is kind of wigging people out, because they’re saying, ‘This hasn’t happened for decades that in polls the D’ ”—the Democratic candidate—“ ‘is doing just fine.’ To me, that’s indicative, too. It’s the no-more-status-quo, it’s change.”

This was two weeks ago, at the statehouse in Juneau. After persistent reports, in July, that Palin was on McCain’s short list of potential running mates, her name had faded back into obscurity. Nobody in Alaska seemed to take her seriously as a national prospect, and she had shrugged the whole thing off on television, telling CNBC’s Larry Kudlow that, before considering the job, she would want to know “what is it, exactly, that the V.P. does every day.”

Bluesman2008
Msg: 467
Posted: 8/31/2008 2:38:39 AM
Hot off the presses. Palin's home town newspapers aren't all that keen on her and her popularity rating up there is more like 65% and not 80. Ooops. That can't be good.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/greg-mitchell/2-top-alaska-newspapers-q_b_122625.html

His paper found a number of leading Republican officeholders in the state who mocked Palin's qualifications. "She's not prepared to be governor. How can she be prepared to be vice president or president?" said Lyda Green, the president of the State Senate, a Republican from Palin's hometown of Wasilla. "Look at what she's done to this state. What would she do to the nation?"

Another top Republican, John Harris, the speaker of the House, when asked about her qualifications for Veep, replied with this: "She's old enough. She's a U.S. citizen."
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 468
Posted: 8/31/2008 2:39:34 AM

lets say the year is 2012. Who will Palin pick to be her V.P. for her Presidential run?

Definitely Brad Pitt. No doubt about it.
 exodusi1
Msg: 469
view profile
History
It looks like McCain's VP Schtick is Sarah Pain
Posted: 8/31/2008 2:45:48 AM
It wouldn't been so hard if any of it was accurate!
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 470
view profile
History
It looks like McCain's VP Schtick is Sarah Pain
Posted: 8/31/2008 3:05:18 AM
Sorry meant to say LCD 1440 x 900 not 1900 x 1440.

Can it be that Palin's more Obama than McCain on THINGS THAT MATTER?

I hope she isn't more like any of them or else I highly subtract all my previous statements about her being cute and looking good. :)~
 MacKevinized
Msg: 471
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2008 4:14:53 AM
Count Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as one of the most surprised that she was chosen as the running mate for Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.).

In an interview just a month ago, she dissed the job, saying it didn’t seem “productive.”

In fact, she said she didn’t know what the vice president does.

Larry Kudlow of CNBC’s “Kudlow & Co.” asked her about the possibility of becoming McCain's ticket mate.

Palin replied: “As for that VP talk all the time, I’ll tell you, I still can’t answer that question until somebody answers for me what is it exactly that the VP does every day? I’m used to being very productive and working real hard in an administration. We want to make sure that that VP slot would be a fruitful type of position, especially for Alaskans and for the things that we’re trying to accomplish up here for the rest of the U.S., before I can even start addressing that question.”

She manipulated her family and staff attempting to get her brother in law fired, She failed, and so fired the guy that didn't act on her will. Ethical? what a joke!
She hacked into a co-workers computer to prove she's ethical, what a joke!

Being a on a city council for a city less with than 6000 people might require her presence 1 0r 2 times a month, Being a mayor of that town might have required maybe 3 or 4 days a month!

Being a Governor for 18 months of a small population is not a lot of experience for national politics. That's just about enough time for people to start recognizing how inept she is at governing and just as her approval ratings start dropping, she gets tapped for McCain's ticket.
 nipoleon
Msg: 472
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2008 4:30:40 AM
Over 860 posts and 35 pages in just 2 days.
This must be a record for a forum.

McCain's little ploy has been a great success. He's successfully shifted all the attention onto his side.
But I think this will be an fruitless effort. Sarah Palin is far too right wing.
There is NO WAY ON EARTH, any Hillary supporter, any Democrat, or even a lot of moderate Republicans will want her any where near the Oval Office.
McCain may well have stimulated the disaffected Hillary Democrats out to vote for Obama, just to keep her away.
 MacKevinized
Msg: 473
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2008 5:11:47 AM

McCain's little ploy has been a great success. He's successfully shifted all the attention onto his side.
But I think this will be an fruitless effort. Sarah Palin is far too right wing.
There is NO WAY ON EARTH, any Hillary supporter, any Democrat, or even a lot of moderate Republicans will want her any where near the Oval Office.
McCain may well have stimulated the disaffected Hillary Democrats out to vote for Obama, just to keep her away.

Too bad it's all the wrong success. A bunch of rah rah supporters that are supporting a woman of little substance is not what McCain really wanted is it?

Sometimes no news is good news but in running for the executive office is it OK to find out McCain still has a MILF mentality?
Pick an airhead why don't ya'?

The press will hardly find any bad because there's hardly ANYTHING there.
 flyonthewall!
Msg: 474
Posted: 8/31/2008 6:03:22 AM
Palin is anything BUT an airhead, and while I agree her selection might keep some of the Hillary supporters from voting McCain, that does not mean they're going to vote for Obama.

I don't see Obama getting anymore than the 80 percent of Democrats he has now. McCain has sealed his conservative base by picking Palin.

The Hillary supporters who are still pissed, are not going to vote for Obama no matter what, and they're not going to vote 3rd party either. They will either write in Hillary's name, vote for other candidates but not President, or vote for McCain/Palin.

If Obama does not get his base to vote for him, he still loses regardless of whether those voters cast their ballots for McCain.

The major concerns in this race are not pro-choice versus pro-life. They are the economy, Iraq/Afghanistan, energy and homeland security. The way gas prices are going right now, energy and the economy are probably running neck and neck for number 1.

Anyone with a brain realizes that Obama's economic policy, as laid out in his acceptance speech does not add up. Those voters who actually THINK about issues and have had time to digest Obama's acceptance speech, will be listening to what McCain says next week and see if McCain's platform makes any more sense than Obama's.
 nipoleon
Msg: 475
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2008 6:21:43 AM
Someone once told Adlai Stevenson, " You will naturally get the vote of every American with any intelligence ".
To which he replied, " Oh, I hope not ".
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin [CLOSED Thread]