Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin [CLOSED Thread]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JLTINFL18
Msg: 501
It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah PalinPage 21 of 104    (7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47)
GentAllTheWay-- What a stupid video, but then I'm not suprised..

Looked to me like he was looking more at her speech laying on the podium, not her a$$. But then then I'm not trying so desperately to try to find something against the guy.
 pfg504
Msg: 502
It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin
Posted: 8/31/2008 11:08:43 AM
I have to agree with kissable0325 about the spending habits of the four candidates.

There's been alot of wasteful spending coming from Obama and Co. BO said himself that he believes actions speak louder than words.

BO's wasteful spending along with his promises of future wasteful spending is screaming volumes to me.

I want my taxes lowered -- like Palin demonstrated in Alaska

I want a surplus of government cash -- like Palin demonstrated in Alaska

I want executives in office that have the BALLS to stand up to pork spending and make the culprits FAMOUS.

This isn't about who looks good making a speech. This is about the prosperity of our nation -- individually and as a whole.

Furthermore Biden gave that 54-page speech in 1992 (102nd congress - June 29, 1992 through July 1, 1992) to the Senate floor encouraging the New World Order. Obama said he thinks we should look up to China for an example of how our infrastructure should be. -- no thanks. That sounds too much against what America stands for.
 pfg504
Msg: 503
Posted: 8/31/2008 11:31:15 AM
McCain and Palin have consistently proven that they want to decrease the tax burden on Americans.

When I researched the tax burden in Chicago, this is what I found. The last entry is the DOOZY of all doozies! Ask yourself, as an individual, if you would feel comfortable with the same tax burden Chicago, Illinois has.

It's all about excise taxes...

Unemployment as of May was at 6.4% in his state of Illinois.

Gas tax -- Illinois' gasoline tax stands at 39.5 cents per gallon, which ranks 4th highest nationally. Additionally, the state's general sales tax is applied to gasoline purchases. Add to that a county tax of a 6 cents per gallon.

State general tax -- Illinois levies a 6.25% general state sales or "use" state tax on consumers.

County general tax - Cook county (Chicago area) imposes a 1.75% sales tax

City general tax - (Chicago) imposes a 1.25% sales tax

RTA (Regional Transit Authority) tax = 1%

Total Chicago general sales tax = 10.25%. Chicago currently has the highest tax in any major US city

Liquor tax - depends on the type of liquor. Late 10-07, Chicago City Hall proposed an added taxes on wine, beer and spirits that would amount to more than an 85 percent tax increase on alcohol in the past three years. The concoction of seven different taxes already means more than 40 percent of the price of beer, wine and spirits is attributable to taxes.

Cigarette tax - Chicago's combined tax total of $4.05 per pack is the highest in the nation

Bottled water tax - 5 cents per bottle (not to be confused with a DEPOSIT)

Property tax - at the state AND local levels

Ambulance tax - was up for referendum

Amusement tax -- City amusement tax of 7% and a county amusement tax of 3%. Apparently there was a lawsuit Illinois has filed against eBay, Inc., alleging that the company is liable for Chicago amusement tax

Robin Hood Tax - (april 2008) Currently voters will be asked to decide if people making more than $250,000 a year should have their Illinois income tax doubled

There are still deficits and the search continues to find more ways to gain revenue
 MacKevinized
Msg: 504
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2008 11:35:56 AM

Other issues with Palin include the "bridge to nowhere." The media picked this up and credited her with canceling the project. The truth of the matter is that she supported the $400 million project until the federal government pulled its share of the budget calling it pork. Up until the point, Palin was a supporter of this project with no issues of spending our federal tax dollars for this pork project.

She is noted for passing the largest operating budget in Alaska history, raising taxes on the oil industry and then when fuel and energy prices escalated, she began working on giving some of the oil tax profits back to the citizens to correct her mistake of excessively raising the taxes in the first place.

When the spinning starts to unravel....

The spinners have to twirl faster.
 JLTINFL18
Msg: 505
Posted: 8/31/2008 12:03:10 PM
WOW mack- you really nailed her on the Bridge to Nowhere..

But here's an article from 2004-- 2 yrs before she took office--

http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0615/p02s01-uspo.html

And who was the guy that was fighting to stop this? McCain..

Another article from 2005

So sounds to me like she walked into the middle of that mess, she didn't start it.

Nice try though..
 MacKevinized
Msg: 506
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2008 12:20:47 PM

But here's an article from 2004-- 2 yrs before she took office--

And who was the guy that was fighting to stop this? McCain..

Another article from 2005

So sounds to me like she walked into the middle of that mess, she didn't start it.

Well she was for it before she was against it...

and you site 2 articles but it's the same link.
 JLTINFL18
Msg: 507
Posted: 8/31/2008 12:27:52 PM
My error sir-- Here's the 2nd

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2005/11/17/MNGF5FPI7N1.DTL

And if was a new Gov and possibly going to get my hands on Fed money I'd be for it too. Like the other 49 Govs in this country. Just My Opinion.
 PurpleCrayon~
Msg: 508
Posted: 8/31/2008 12:37:03 PM
38 pages and counting.

Palin is a great American in taking on corrupt gov., in giving back to the Citizens of Alaska the money which is rightfully theirs and she is demonstrating she can hold her own on a National stage with the 'oratory' rock star dude Obama.

What is the name of Obama's VP pick? Oh... Biden... that's right. Seems some here are having fun with calling Palin...'what's her name'. My oh my... the claws are really sharp.

History will be made only when McCain and Palin take the WH. Because even though they still want to think of Obama as making history... well... it just doesn't work. I'd betcha past Presidents have other than Caucasian in them. So, there goes that 'history' event that the Democrats are trying to play up.

McCain/Palin!!
 Barredbard
Msg: 509
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2008 12:57:02 PM
Now that I think of it, Obama would not be making history as the first non-caucasian in the White House. Oh no, not on by a long shot. Not when you investigate the many presidents who have occupied the White House till date. A preliminary investigation has revealed that Franklin D. Roosevelt was part Eskimo, part Mexican and part Persian. No wonder he was so fiesty....
 Barredbard
Msg: 510
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2008 1:01:10 PM
Thank you, redwine. Now who said we all couldn't get along? I'd like to hamstring the **stard...
 mungojoe
Msg: 511
Posted: 8/31/2008 1:05:06 PM

Vice in Go-Go Boots?

By MAUREEN DOWD
Published: August 31, 2008

The guilty pleasure I miss most when I’m out slogging on the campaign trail is the chance to sprawl on the chaise and watch a vacuously spunky and generically sassy chick flick.

So imagine my delight, my absolute astonishment, when the hokey chick flick came out on the trail, a Cinderella story so preposterous it’s hard to believe it’s not premiering on Lifetime. Instead of going home and watching “Miss Congeniality” with Sandra Bullock, I get to stay here and watch “Miss Congeniality” with Sarah Palin.

Sarah is a zealot, but she’s a fun zealot. She has a beehive and sexy shoes, and the day she’s named she goes shopping with McCain in Ohio for a cheerleader outfit for her daughter.

As she once told Vogue, she’s learned the hard way to deal with press comments about her looks. “I wish they’d stick with the issues instead of discussing my black go-go boots,” she said. “A reporter once asked me about it during the campaign, and I assured him I was trying to be as frumpy as I could by wearing my hair on top of my head and these schoolmarm glasses.”

This chick flick, naturally, features a wild stroke of fate, when the two-year governor of an oversized igloo becomes commander in chief after the president-elect chokes on a pretzel on day one.

The movie ends with the former beauty queen shaking out her pinned-up hair, taking off her glasses, slipping on ruby red peep-toe platform heels that reveal a pink French-style pedicure, and facing down Vladimir Putin in an island in the Bering Strait. Putting away her breast pump, she points her rifle and informs him frostily that she has some expertise in Russia because it’s close to Alaska. “Back off, Commie dude,” she says. “I’m a much better shot than Cheney.”

Then she takes off in her seaplane and lands on the White House lawn, near the new ice fishing hole and hockey rink. The “First Dude,” as she calls the hunky Eskimo in the East Wing, waits on his snowmobile with the kids — Track (named after high school track meets), Bristol (after Bristol Bay where they did commercial fishing), Willow (after a community in Alaska), Piper (just a cool name) and Trig (Norse for “strength.”)

“The P.T.A. is great preparation for dealing with the K.G.B.,” President Palin murmurs to Todd, as they kiss in the final scene while she changes Trig’s diaper.
 Barredbard
Msg: 512
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2008 1:10:42 PM
LOL @ redwine. Agreed.
 Brizo
Msg: 513
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2008 1:33:10 PM
Am I to understand it the Republican choice for VP hinged on abortion???

So they ignored a much more qualified candidate to support their religious personal views? There is no separation of church and state? Is this America?

Why are we favoring the unborn over the already living???? We have hundreds of thousands living in poverty, or one step above, paycheck to paycheck, grateful they even have a paycheck that hasn't been winnowed to third world labor. And we're worried about something as intensely personal and family centered as a decision about pregnancy?
 faith2565
Msg: 514
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2008 1:35:53 PM
Yes, that is part then the aspect of upset Hillary voters, NRA, drilling in Alaska. To sum it up. McCain needed to energize his republican base, appeal to the common man and trying to attract Hillary's disgruntled voters.
 faith2565
Msg: 515
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2008 1:59:08 PM
Earthpuppy, I love what you had to say and agree. I often use sarcasm. Please forgive me if I offended you. Palin is not Clinton and can never or will never fill her shoes. She is no Shirley Chisholm or Ferraro either. Shirley is truly one of my heroes. Please forgive me if I offended you.

This is a first for the republicans and look at the type of candidate they chose. An ex-beauty queen contestant that can hang with the boys. I won a beauty pageant when I was young and skinny, so I can say that safely, also being a mother of three boys and two grandsons.

This is not just about brains in my point of view. Many are making comments about her being 'hot'.

Have a blessed day!
 o4
Msg: 516
Posted: 8/31/2008 2:07:50 PM
Not only is she HOT too! But also with the perfect background, is smart, creative, has a backbone, and best of all..............NOT from Washington. You want change?????.....Biden is not change.

Oh, and btw, did I mention that she's HOT too!!?
 rayzrsharp
Msg: 517
Posted: 8/31/2008 2:12:45 PM
WOW!! LOL! This just in... Palins OWN MOTHER IN LAW FAYE PALIN says "I'm not sure what she brings to the ticket other than she's a woman and a conservative. Well, she's a better speaker than McCain,"
Here's the link http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/republican_race/2008/08/30/2008-08-30_sarah_palins_motherinlaw_uncertain_about.html
 Brizo
Msg: 518
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2008 2:18:00 PM

Many are making comments about her being 'hot'.

And these people are voting, with sentiment......rather than finding facts on the internet....I don't know when I've been so appalled.....oh yeah, last election Truly liking neither Kerry or Bush (I don't vote along part line and I felt both to be much too wealthy and elitist to understand the middle class) and undecided I read the presidential debates, and my decision was made. There was no way I was electing that verbal bumbler to represent my country here and abroad....

Please fellow Americans, there are those who DIED to give you the right to vote. The least you can do is research the candidates and their platforms. Oh, and VOTE....our apathy is and always has been our undoing.
 rayzrsharp
Msg: 519
Posted: 8/31/2008 2:21:47 PM
Forgive my tone regarding the link I posted about Palin's mother in law. I just find that sort of funny. If you read the article she goes on to say some rather nice things about her daughter in law.
 gentalltheway
Msg: 520
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2008 2:22:11 PM

well golly gee whiz... excuuuuuuuuuuuse me for asking. It wasnt clear to me, thats why I thought I would keep the lines of communication open by asking.

It wasn’t clear ??? Really??? Reddwine: (Perhaps too much of it…wouldn’t you say?) So sorry about that. I will try to be more explicit the next time.

Anytime you hear someone call someone else an idiot rest assured you are standing within earshot of the true idiot.

Well, I suppose it’s a poor way at attempting to insult posters but then, when one has nothing intelligent or (funny) to come up with, what else is to be expected?

Looked to me like he was looking more at her speech laying on the podium, not her a$$.

I thought of it as well but then, why would he look at a speech when he cannot read a word without his glasses? Either way, it was funny nevertheless…well…maybe not for diehard republicans

There is only one possibility. Out of your pocket and mine!

So true! If people expect that none of these two candidates will eventually raise taxes, you are living in dreamland for sure. The debt needs to be paid and unless it rains money, higher taxes is certainly lurking in the horizon.

I guess the main question should be: Who is most likely to be able to reduce the debt?

And another one comes to mind...which candidate will most likely force the oil industry to reduce prices?

As far as I am concerned, most certainly not one who is a warmonger!

Seems some here are having fun with calling Palin...'what's her name'

Pa who? Ohh right! The one who seem to have a nice butt? McCain AAA approved!
 rayzrsharp
Msg: 521
Posted: 8/31/2008 2:49:22 PM
Alright, this article sums up best why I personally feel this was an awful pick. This is the best, most clear and concise article that's fair and balanced that I've come across thus far. If those of you are honest with yourselves, you'll agree on what's written.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/31/some-conservatives-air-co_n_122822.html
 rayzrsharp
Msg: 522
Posted: 8/31/2008 2:54:23 PM
My apologies, wrong article. Sorry!! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-j-elisberg/the-worst-vice-presidenti_b_122491.html

Okay, I'm tired and done posting. DISREGARD PREVIOUS POST OF ARTICLE, this is the one above.
 PurpleCrayon~
Msg: 523
Posted: 8/31/2008 5:37:33 PM
Campaign Trail Update:

McCain and Palin had approx. 20,000 to show up at a campaign stop today. Reports said more wanted into the area but, there was no room so they lined the streets leading in. Little advance notice and McCain/Palin can pull off this many...while with many months advance and a lot of hoopla, Obama and Biden get 84,000 into a well staged event which holds 90,000.

Looks like the Republican ticket is doing very well indeed!

Obama and Biden must be seething.

McCain/Palin!!
 exodusi1
Msg: 524
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2008 5:45:08 PM
American Football Conference (AFC) West
Denver Broncos INVESCO Field at Mile High, Denver, CO 76,125

National Football Conference (NFC) North
Minnesota Vikings Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome, Minneapolis, MN 64,121

There's a challange there. . .

http://encarta.msn.com/media_701500856/INVESCO%20Field%20at%20Mile%20High.html
 mungojoe
Msg: 525
Posted: 8/31/2008 6:11:04 PM
I'm waiting for the political ad criticizing McCain & Palin that uses "Barbie Girl" for the background track.

Make me walk, make me talk
Do whatever you please
I can act like a star
I can beg on my knees

Life in plastic, it's fantastic
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin [CLOSED Thread]