Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin [CLOSED Thread]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mungojoe
Msg: 602
It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah PalinPage 25 of 104    (11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51)

The Conservatives/Republicans are a female dog in heat.
The Liberals/Democrats are like a pack (30 and more) of male dogs circling that female . (since it's about 30 Liberals to every one Conservative). The male doggies ready to see which one can get their sperm shot off the fastest (negative postings) when the female doggie isn't looking (posting). I do see the firing off of quite a huge number of 'blanks'. But, don't tell the male doggies that. Don't want to hurt their feelings..ya know.

My apologies to the Male Conservatives/Republicans... it's just that was the best example I could come up with...

After 30+ pages of Republicans shouting "neener, neener, neener... loser", it comes down to "Democrats are picking on us"?

StrangerInTheHouse
Msg: 603
It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin
Posted: 9/1/2008 12:03:09 PM
As a progressive second, but an American first in the political sense... I've always been partial to the democrat ideals of egalitarianism and inclusion... but for that reason, I'm aware that Washington isn't helping many rural areas in the US at all, and the more economic help an area needs, the more they become dependant upon one party or other. As little as the republicans have done for rural areas of the US, it appears that republicans are viewed as doing more.. and that may be true... if the other party is doing nothing.

The democrats need to reach out to these areas and help them build economies of sustenance for those who live there. They need education and jobs also. Maybe the "green" and energy efficiency movements are an opportunity to get them more involved in what is currently America's greatest export: technology.
 mjk21258
Msg: 604
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2008 12:03:45 PM
[quotes]
After 30+ pages of Republicans shouting "neener, neener, neener... loser", it comes down to "Democrats are picking on us"?

Well, we know that conservatives would never insult anyone, don't we? Yeah, I was never insulted back in 2003 when I opposed the invasion of Iraq. I only had my patriotism and manhood questioned over and over. And this after serving our great country for over 20 years.
 Kiss_My_Karma~
Msg: 605
Posted: 9/1/2008 12:14:27 PM
Bristol Palin's pregnancy is her own business, not ours, and I agree children should be off limits. I wonder though, were Sasha Obama about 7 years older, what kind of character assassination her parents would be put through? Yes it's her business. Yes thankfully she had the opportunity to make her own choice.

But I think McCain/Palin just lost the evangelicals.

<div class="quote">The left is really sweating McCains decision.

If you or anyone honestly believes that, it's time to wake up. Palin is a joke and an insult.

No Boobs '08
(That goes for men too)
 Kaos86
Msg: 606
Posted: 9/1/2008 12:21:36 PM

say sexist comments are orginating from both camps. ~ and it's small matter ~ however ~ I stand by my assesment ~ where it on this thread or other ~ Bear in my mind, ~ I've lived with strong minded and strong willed women for 18 years and my sense of a sexist comment "could be" miles apart ~ what you think sexist is. ~ When they pocess half the money and all the good stuff ~ you learn well!

Nice dance...Dance!

I new you could not find any.

and I'll take you up on that when I've the time and just as soon you prove your original statement that all sexist comments are coming from "liberals" ~ bear in mind ~ you are ask "Us" to judge what camp one is in ~ plus ~ where it a sexist comment or not. ~

You should read my post again because my original post does not claim that "all" the sexist quotes come rom the left. My use of "all" meant the many sexist posts of the left.
I said nothing about the right either making them or not making them.
Since you have not been able to find any sexist comments from the right then perhapse it is true.
Where is this GOP playbook? How does a Canadian get such a book or did you not notice that "I Am Canadian"!

Keep dancing!
 Kiss_My_Karma~
Msg: 607
Posted: 9/1/2008 12:26:52 PM

You should read my post again because my original post does not claim that "all" the sexist quotes come rom the left. My use of "all" meant the many sexist posts of the left.
I said nothing about the right either making them or not making them.
Since you have not been able to find any sexist comments from the right then perhapse it is true.

Why should he read the post again when you said all but meant some? He was responding to what you said. We answer questions as they are posed. Not how you 'really' meant them.

The true knuckle draggers of that party, the "kill 'em all and let god sort 'em out" type, do not feel threatened by Plain so they have no sexist comments to make. They like her because
1. They saw her shooting a gun
2. She shore is purty
3. She does not put women's issues in their face.

So they don't have anything to say about her, they just like to look at her.
 Kaos86
Msg: 608
Posted: 9/1/2008 12:33:28 PM
You obviously have touble with the english language and sentance structure so their is really no way for you to comprehend the original post.

However that being said the rest of your post further proves my point.
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 609
Posted: 9/1/2008 12:41:22 PM
As usual, the republicans put up their "family values" candidate and their own families, who live by these principles, are off limit to scrutiny. No one is allowed to speculate that little trigg is bristol's, once it is revealed that palin's story of flying 8 hours to alaska while in labor seems unlikely. We may not ask ourselves, how do parents who refuse to discuss contraceptives/abortion with their sexually active teens play out in reality, not just theory. I'm not saying that I think bristol is the actual mother, but I do think this issue should be looked into further and it is NOT totally irrelevant.

And of course, if palin wants to hold up little trigg, her down syndrome son, as an example of her strong principles against abortion in the case of a fetus with down syndrome or other developmental problems, she should be allowed to do so, and argue others in the same predicament must be forced to make the same choice she made, must not have the option to abort. Using her family for that purpose is completely allowed and within the limits, right?

Similarly,****cheney should be able to argue that same sex couples should not be allowed to adopt for the good og the country, but his own lesbian daughter adopts, and no one is allowed to question the impact it has on****cheney's family, whether good or bad.

If republicans insist that their family values should ultimately be adopted by the entire country, then we must be allowed to examine their values more closely than their democratic counterparts, who don't seek to limit our options in building and raising our families.
 mjk21258
Msg: 610
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2008 12:55:53 PM

As usual, the republicans put up their "family values" candidate and their own families, who live by these principles, are off limit to scrutiny. No one is allowed to speculate that little trigg is bristol's, once it is revealed that palin's story of flying 8 hours to alaska while in labor seems unlikely. We may not ask ourselves, how do parents who refuse to discuss contraceptives/abortion with their sexually active teens play out in reality, not just theory. I'm not saying that I think bristol is the actual mother, but I do think this issue should be looked into further and it is NOT totally irrelevant.

And of course, if palin wants to hold up little trigg, her down syndrome son, as an example of her strong principles against abortion in the case of a fetus with down syndrome or other developmental problems, she should be allowed to do so, and argue others in the same predicament must be forced to make the same choice she made, must not have the option to abort. Using her family for that purpose is completely allowed and within the limits, right?

Similarly,****cheney should be able to argue that same sex couples should not be allowed to adopt for the good og the country, but his own lesbian daughter adopts, and no one is allowed to question the impact it has on****cheney's family, whether good or bad.

If republicans insist that their family values should ultimately be adopted by the entire country, then we must be allowed to examine their values more closely than their democratic counterparts, who don't seek to limit our options in building and raising our families

Very good points, as the old saying goes. People in glass houses should not throw stones.
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 612
Posted: 9/1/2008 1:08:27 PM
Dance and vulf, I understand your impulse to limit this discussion of family, but I have to agree with nomatic.

I do think that totally baseless, rove style hit jobs like the one perpetuated against mccain and his adopted daughter in '00 shold be totally off limits, as it is nothing more than a character attack, and should not be endured just because a man chose to serve in public office.

But when the candidate's conduct is related to an issue THEY THEMSELVES inject into the election, namely family planning, contaceptives, sex education and teen pregnancy, then we are entitled to ask these questions.

I too feel quite sorry for bristol, but I feel more sorry for all the teenage mothers who would not have the options of abortion or contraception, even in the case of rape, abuse or simply a naïve, foolish choice.

If palin were simply saying that she believed in a pro-life lifestyle, and still would not legally limit other private women in their choice to abortion and all contraceptives (as the free market provides), I wouldn't be discussing her children or their choices at all.
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 613
Posted: 9/1/2008 1:22:29 PM
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I wrote my last two posts, I did not yet read on CNN that bristol is CURRENTY prgnant, I was talking about the trigg/grandchild cover up rumors.

Yes, if bristol wants to keep the baby and she's getting married, this is private and congrats. It won't be respected due to the parties own facination with this stuff.

Now I really feel bad for bristol, her mom putting her in this sitch. And I only wish that in some cases, it was possible to abort your parents :(
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 614
Posted: 9/1/2008 1:23:26 PM
Seems to me, based upon what I've read here, that the democrats are showing much more compassion here than the "compassionate conservatives". Way to go :)
 exodusi1
Msg: 615
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2008 1:27:59 PM
Let's see, on the left
Me, Stefano, MG, Karma, Nomadic, Slowride, Mack, Vulf, Mtloop, Stella, cncgandolf, Teach, Black Sheep, Sydneericky, wvwaterfall, Nero, Strangerinthehouse, Dance, Where4artthou, Bluesman, Designingwoman

On the right;
you, Ranger, Poco, Dallas, fly, apologist, eeeo4u, Southern, Jack-d-ripper, OddAndy, O4, Hawaiian, Wolves, Jenny, Just Bill, Redwine, Billinmi, Ezzee, tiredofbeinglonely, Dabearsguy, Nefarious, Badgerbill, Wallstreetfarmer, 17456, ready4somethingfun, kaos

Center;
Flyguy51, Steelcity, edisto, Makavelli, halftimedad, Motownmaniax, Southernlass,

I know I missed a few, apologies to them, but NOT 30-1 by any sense of the imagination. . .
 designingwoman
Msg: 616
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2008 1:56:18 PM
Sarah Palin is a joke in my book. She calls herself "pro life" but also supports the death penalty. McCain is the same way. Anyone who is REALLY pro life would respect ALL life, including prisoners'. I am fed up with the hypocrisy of the "right to life" movement which also supports evil politicians who call themselves pro life but also support state sanctioned murder. Bush itself killed 150+ prisoners when it was governer.

McCain is NOT a man who shows respectful family values or respect for marriage--the jerk walked out on his disabled second wife, and married Cindy, the young beer heiress, while still legally married to the first wife! Both Obama and Biden have stable marriages and no history of divorces. They both seem to have strong families that are stable and loving. If you really value family values such as stable marriages, you would support Obama and Biden. Both Obama and Biden also are more understanding of working poor and middle class families. So if you care about families VOTE OBAMA/BIDEN!!!!!

THe right wingers who proclaim supporting "family values" aren't really supporting family values, they are supporting bigotry and hatred against gay and lesbian people. Gays and lesbians are part of our families, and anyone who supports family values would support groups like P-FLAG (Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays) to provide moral support to our family members who happen to be homosexual. Also true family values people would support allowing gays and lesbians to marry, as well. Marriage is the lifestyle that should be encouraged, not the crazy "Sex and the City" promiscuity that is so widely promoted on TV. Promiscuity should be discouraged and marriage encouraged--both straight and gay! And so many children languish in foster care who could be adopted by a loving gay couple. These children would be much better off being adopted by a stable loving gay couple than still being stuck in foster care. "HATRED IS NOT A FAMILY VALUE" is a beautiful bumper sticker I saw some time ago. How true! If we really valued families and monogamy, we should support marriage regardless of the genders of the two people involved. If we valued children more we would allow them to be adopted by gay couples who can provide them with loving, stable homes rather than languish in foster care.

Vote for REAL family values--vote Obama/Biden!!
 faith2565
Msg: 617
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2008 2:01:08 PM
I live in Texas and yes, Bush will fry you in a minute. The more I think about Sarah the more I am convinced Obama/Biden are the best choices. Everyone wondered where did Obama come from and why, well I am saying the same thing about Sarah. Someone on one of the forums stated it has been alleged that she attends a racist church. Honestly, I would not be surprised. So, the tickets would be even in that respect. Obama (Rev. Wright), Palin (Rev. White). Just a joke. But her background does make you think of the ladies of the KKK. Just a thought.
 gentalltheway
Msg: 618
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2008 2:08:59 PM
I think that this is something interesting...

Why McCain selected Mrs. Palin (VP or Ralph Nader) Palinader
News Type: Event — Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:01 PM EDT

Who will you vote for when McCain cries "Gender Bias"?

As it stand right now the McCain Campaign is struggling to the point of losing the election. Even if the polls boaster they are closing the gap, we all know that isn't true. McCain could easily lose in an electoral landslide. I must say, I too, like so many of you laughed so hard , a few times even, at McCain's choice for VP and the speech she gave. That speech seemed to have a juvenile tone to it. It was like a person interviewing for a typical everyday -Joe job. When I stopped laughing I felt sad for Mrs. Palin when I realized how serious this choice is and why McCain selected Mrs. Palin to be his VP while passing on more seasoned candidates. Here's why McCain selected Palin. You see it doesn't matter who Palin is, as long as she is a women. It doesn't matter if she is or isn't qualified. It doesn't matter if McCain doesn't know her or if he disagrees with her. The idea (strategy) was formulated before McCain and his advisers chose Mrs. Palin. The only question was which woman will he choose. A pipe line from Canada to Alaska made the choice easier. The McCain strategy is to select a women (any women) to implement a well thought out plan. McCain's secret weapon is (a women ) operation "Tear Drop". To understand this plan, you have to understand the full impact of the plan. McCain doesn't only want HRC's defectors, as so many are suggesting, he also wants Obama loyalist, the undecided and the independents. By choosing a woman, immediately a very small unintelligent group of women will vote for McCain because he chose a women. This is a small group but worth mentioning. On the larger scale women don't vote for women because they are women, and simply putting a woman on the ticket won't compensate for their policy positions. The McCain Campaign is not worried about the larger scale of women who are intelligent and has high expectations concerning the broad issues on the economy, domestic and national security and health care. The McCain strategy is of no respect of a woman's intellect but her emotions. Here is the gamble of the McCain campaign. Not if, but when the McCain campaign provoke the Democrats to attack Mrs. Polin, or when the McCain campaign plant a man in their audience to heckle Mrs. Palin with a gender remark like " Go home and raise your five kids" or when the Obama campaign says anything to Mrs. Palin, the McCain Campaign will continue to cry foul by reason of gender bias. women all over will get upset, take offense and think that the democrats are attacking her because she is a women. Then the women all over the U.S. will throw their votes to McCain and Palin. Thus making it a good game play that lead to victory for McCain. Sadly Mrs Palin would have served her purpose and so would the American women also be of no more use to McCain. It will happen. So will the American women be ready to stand firm and don't fall for the McCain sneak-attack hype?

Perhaps it is the plan. By attacking Palin, it will give tools to the Republicans to show that it's not about politics but gender. When you think about it, McCain only met Palin once before she was selected...an unknown that couldn't come close to better candidates available. It's clear that it's a game and like it or not, this is about gender and nothing else!

For those who are crying about sexist comments, here’s a tip…It is probably the reason for McCain to select her in the first place therefore, be vewy vewy quiet!

If (and that’s a HUGE if), McCain is elected, Palin will be force to resign. There’s just no way the republicans will keep her in as Vice-President…no way no how!

She’s just a means to an end…Nothing more!
 mungojoe
Msg: 619
Posted: 9/1/2008 2:15:24 PM

So rayzrsharp, looks like according to your logic, you are judging Purple Crayon a racist.
According to your own sick and twisted logic, anyone who makes a statement about another without backing it up to YOUR standards of validity is a racist.
Oh sorry, that rule only applies when we are talking about Obama, right?
You are the one who needs to leave this place now.

No, he's right on the money with that one.

Having grown up in the south during the tail end of segregation and immediately after, I can attest to the strategy of providing spurious and ill-considered "rationales" (often preceded by statements like "I have nothing against blacks but..." or "Some of my best friends are black but... ") as a cover for what were fundamentally racist viewpoints. When challenged sufficiently on the spurious nature of the "but... " it almost always falls back to an overtly racist rationale.

He is merely exposing a pattern that still exists quite strongly in political/social discourse in the US.
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 620
Posted: 9/1/2008 2:17:10 PM
No ones gloating about bristol palin's condition. I'm actually sick to my stomach that her mom put her knowingly in the middle of this press storm, sacrificing her for ambition, to fly to the whitehouse on icarus wings.

(Dance, I think I'm absorbing your way of writing, minus the tildas)

I sincerly wish the repubs wouldn't frame their rhetoric and power grabs of wealth, oil and control in such a way as to trample 17 year olds' delicate lives underfoot, but the sad fact is, they do.
 faith2565
Msg: 621
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2008 2:23:09 PM
mtloophiker,

That is even scarier. I can deal with a racist ( grown up in Texas, parents from East Texas, live in Katy were some still sport the confederate flag). But, a fear-monger or end of timer, can really be scary. Have you ever met one. You mean fire and damnation. Give me a good klansman any day over the fire and brimstone. I will argue and fight with the klansman, but the fire and brimstone one you really can not reason with at all. I am a proud Christian. That is deep. Just a scary thought.''

Obama/Biden 08

rayzrsharp
Msg: 622
Posted: 9/1/2008 2:49:13 PM
To Skyblujeep... how long have you been reading this particular thread? Your coming in on this conversation waaayyyy late!! Way late! So your comment is completely off base because you clearly haven't been reading the threads that lead me to make my comment. Go back to page 1 and read up here THEN come back and critique or at least look at my history AND Crayon's history. Thanks.
 Kaos86
Msg: 623
Posted: 9/1/2008 2:49:17 PM

But, a fear-monger or end of timer, can really be scary.

You mean like Al Gore and the rest of the Global Warmining cabal?
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 624
Posted: 9/1/2008 2:49:35 PM
Politics as usual. Seems no one is immune.
 Kaos86
Msg: 625
Posted: 9/1/2008 3:06:13 PM
It is truly amzing how the left on here is trying to discredit her by attacking her ;

A. for being a woman and
B. through her daughter.

The issues of her qualifications and political actions I understand but not these two issues.
Thank God a couple of you have refused to do so and even have spoken out against those types of posts.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin [CLOSED Thread]