Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin [CLOSED Thread]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kiss_My_Karma~
Msg: 626
It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah PalinPage 26 of 104    (12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52)
What's wrong with Taylor? Actually I heard that one of her sons stayed with a family in Pontiac (I think it was Pontiac) for a year or so, so that their son could get some better hockey exposure. Why that would make them rednecks is beyond me.....
 rayzrsharp
Msg: 627
It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin
Posted: 9/1/2008 3:28:15 PM
SKYBLUEJEEP --- DUDE!!! Go back and read my history of comments and you'll see what I'm talking about. READ my original post about this. DO YOUR HOMEWORK before you comment. Man... your exactly what I'm talking about. Read, read, read what I originally said about this! Then maybe you'll understand. Or is it that you DONT want to understand?! "Yeah rayzrsharp, I really don't care to UNDERSTAND about your comments, I just want to point out that YOUR post made me feel uncomfortable because I think, act and feel EXACTLY what you pointed out." Amazing.
 mungojoe
Msg: 628
Posted: 9/1/2008 3:32:17 PM

Mungojoe, nice try to deflect the truth by throwing in yet another race card.
That statement by razrsharp remains ridiculous, as you have now shown yourself to be as well.
If anyone refuses to see the absurdity of such a statement as that, then I feel sorry for them for having gone through past experiences that have twisted their perceptions of the truth, in regards to disallowing them the ability to interpret very simple and blatantly sick statements properly. Thats how the cycle of racism continues. I encourage you to get help.

No deflection in it at all.

It has been and is a strategy employed by those who are attempting to avoid highlighting their underlying racism. It is used by anti-semitic/white supremacists to hide their racism (they try to latch on to pro-palestinian arguments to hide their anti-jewish feelings), it is used by those who wish a return to segregationist policies (they try to hide behind statistics about crime and welfare to hide their anti-black feelings).

The evidence is found in their inability to support the reasons they give for being opposed to Obama, their focus on spurious claims (like Obama's anti-American, he's racist, he's a terrorist/terrorist sympathizer) despite all evidence to the contrary. When the facts don't support your claim and yet you stick to it unflinchingly, there is obviously another agenda at play (unless one wants to accept that all the anti-Obama BS is just the result of irrational stupidity but, even that is not much help as racism also results from the same irrational stupidity).

Sorry but, human nature and the history of racial politics in the US just don't support your contention.
 gentalltheway
Msg: 629
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2008 3:34:59 PM

As for being taken seriously, anybody willing to take a lesser qualified candidate as the top of one ticket and has problems with a better qualified person on the bottom of another (then citing their own lack of knowing who they were as a negative issue) needs to do some catching up if they want to be taken seriously.

I know...McCain will have to catch up eventually if he wants to be taken seriously.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 630
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2008 3:42:08 PM
So it begin's, Iam sure the people who think that they can see in to the future as to the fate of Vice Presidential Nominee Sarah Palin do not want to realize the strength and integrity in this woman. She will see this out till the end with Grace and she will continue her fight for what is right.

McCain/ Palin 08
 Kiss_My_Karma~
Msg: 631
Posted: 9/1/2008 3:53:05 PM

So it begin's, Iam sure the people who think that they can see in to the future as to the fate of Vice Presidential Nominee Sarah Palin do not want to realize the strength and integrity in this woman. She will see this out till the end with Grace and she will continue her fight for what is right.

I'm not really sure what you mean by 'the people who think they can see into the future', but as far as her strength and integrity, good for her. I know a lot of people with strength and integrity, doesn't mean they should be standing up next to the man who wants to run this country.

If by see into the future, you mean people who are saying she's a heartbeat away from the Presidency, well we've had I think nine presidents die in office? out of 43, that's a pretty high percentage. Sure McCain could live to be 100, but what if he doesn't? Not everybody dies of old age, you know, we almost lost Dubya to a pretzel. I don't want that woman anywhere near the Oval Office if McCain were to pass on, and anyone who thinks she'd be ok at it needs to seriously rethink the weight of this matter. I've said it before and I will say it until 11/4, this is a joke.

Obama/Biden '08
 rayzrsharp
Msg: 632
Posted: 9/1/2008 4:10:55 PM
Wow... with every passing news cycle more and more is coming about Sarah Palin. And the stuff I'm reading is factual! Direct quotes, actions, documents, etc. This is getting more and more crazy by the minute. John McCain clearly didn't do his homework. Poor woman. I sort of feel bad for her. She is clearly in way over head and it hasn't even been a week yet!
 exodusi1
Msg: 633
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2008 4:12:01 PM
She has already served her purpose, if 47 pages of thread, trying to figure out who the hell this woman is and what she represents, is any indication.
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 634
Posted: 9/1/2008 4:34:05 PM
So, obama stated unequivocally that gov. Palin's daughter and her pregnancy is off limits as far as he's concerned...yet fox news continues to run coverage on it...and what a blessing pregnancy is!!!!

As usual, off limits to criticize or discuss as an example of how their policy positions (abstinence only) will effect women/teens, but it's perfectly fine to discuss it, as long as the political implication is positive; has a pro-life spin to it, and shows how palin puts her money where her mouth is and embraces pro life values for herself and her family.

What a blessing, what a blessing, what a blessing.
 exodusi1
Msg: 635
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2008 4:39:38 PM
That's why I never watch faux noise.

They are a jouranlistic joke.
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 636
Posted: 9/1/2008 4:41:30 PM
Fox may be a joke, but they're an effective one.

Bristol is pregnant...
Life is a blessing...
Sarah supports and loves her daughter...
She's a good mom...
Bristol will grow up fast, learn about responsibility...
She chose life, sarah raised her right...
Sarah is pro life...
Three supreme court slots opening next term...
Sarah is ready to lead!!!!!

Fox coverage makes it seem like bristols teen pregnancy make palin that much MORE qualified to be president, in the event mccain cannot finish his term.

BUT PLEASE DONT CRITICIZE BRISTOL, SHE'S JUST A LITTLE GIRL!!!!!!!!!
 packleader
Msg: 637
Posted: 9/1/2008 6:18:48 PM
What I had to say about 20,000 post`s ago bears repeating.......................
John McCain and working mom as VP.........Stroke of pure genius.........................
Consider the working moms in this country who feel left out and under appreciated.
Do you think this will resonate with them regardless of all the other aspects to his choice? Think about the significance of McCain`s choice!!!!!! Who in the hell in this country is less appreciated than working mom`s.............................
They work all day to help bring home the bacon,return home tired to the bone,the next thing she knows,she is thrust in the position of short order cook,bottle washer,house cleaner,toilet lid lowerer,{hell,I dont even know if lowerer is a word,but I`m sure you get the point}and not to mention two dozen other wifely and motherly roles that I`m sure that I must have left out.Then when the lights are out,she must perform some of the most delicate ego-boosting known on the planet.
So,the question is................do you think she has the ability to soothe relations with world leaders in time of crisis in the event that she becomes the Commander in Chief of the greatest nation on earth?
Bottom line.If I was a horse bettor,I would bet on this filly........................
 rayzrsharp
Msg: 638
Posted: 9/1/2008 6:27:10 PM
Yeah, Palin's laughing during that interview is wayyy overblown. That wasn't a big deal. The lies that are coming out now are. I can't help but feel a bit sorry for this woman. She should've turned this offer down. It's going to be sad when she is eventually forced out of this race. I wonder how it will affect her career back in Alaska? Or her future in politics in general.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 639
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2008 6:38:15 PM
Interesting....

WHAT IS THE ALASKAN INDEPENDENCE PARTY
The Alaskan Independence Party is, according to their website, "no longer a fringe party." Its views include:

* A belief that "the vote for statehood was invalid because the people were not presented with the range of options available to them" and that "the federal government has since breached the contract for statehood on numerous occasions in over a dozen serious and substantial instances."
* A belief that there should be a vote on Alaskan secession.
* Remaining "steadfastly opposed to environmental regulations and actively promotes the private ownership and widespread development of Alaskan land."
* A platform which includes:

[A]mending the Constitution of the State of Alaska so as to re-establish the rights of all Alaskan residents to entry upon all public lands within the state, and to acquire private property interest there in, under fair and reasonable conditions. Such property interest shall include surface and sub-surface patent.

[F]oster a constitutional amendment abolishing and prohibiting all property taxes.

[S]eek[ing] the complete repatriation of the public lands, held by the federal government, to the state and people of Alaska[.]

"I'm an Alaskan, not an American. I've got no use for America or her damned institutions." - Joe Vogler, founder of the Alaskan Independence Party

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/9/1/84544/50180

Oh oh, it's Wright back to the start...... DAMNED INSTITUTIONS ?

WHAT IS THE EXTENT OF PALIN'S RELATIONSHIP TO THE AIP?
Clearly, the AIP, although claiming it's no longer a "fringe group," advocates for some pretty radical ideas. As Liz Arnett's diary sets forth, Sarah Palin recorded a nice message to the AIP Convention this year, saying that the party "plays an important role in our state's politics" and that "we have a great promise to be a self-sufficient state."

In this clip, AIP Vice Chairman of the AIP, Dexter Clark reveals that:

"Our current governor who I mentioned at the last conference, the one we were hoping would get elected, Sarah Palin, did get elected . . . .and there was a lot of talk about her moving up. She was an AIP member before she got the job as mayor . . ."

- Ibid

This last clip is a continuation of the speech from Dexter Clark, the Vice Chairman from the AIP. In it, he talks about the necessity of infiltrating the major national parties in order to further the goals of the AIP.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/9/1/4231/18477/878/581881

Obama-Biden 08 - Because 57 is better than 49
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 640
Posted: 9/1/2008 6:38:49 PM
I think all the posting activity, here and across the internet generally is a sign of just how divisive this pick is. Palin is 100 percent divisive across the old cultural conservative lines, no other substance about her positions have come out yet, and she either has ardent supporters or those who are terrified she will help the gop lead the country back to the dark ages.

I guess this is mccains way of ending the old "politics as usual." Or if the rumors that he wanted lieberman are true, its a sign of how badly he's sold out to the sensationalist election machine, the same one that knocked him out of the race in '00.
 PurpleCrayon~
Msg: 641
Posted: 9/1/2008 6:38:52 PM
48 Pages and Counting. Gotta luv us Neocons for the Libers to have something to talk about...

Ahhh well, good company... (as stated on TV today), I'm a Neocon in good company... with Sarah Palin, Bruce Willis, Clint Eastwood, etc. etc.

Ever notice the 'character' of the most neo of neocons and the most lib of libers... might take a minute to sink in... but, do give it a try.

Yes, yes, McCain made an excellent choice in Sarah Palin.
80% Approval rating in Alaska
Took on big oil and won the battle
Gave mucho money back into the hands of the Alaska Citizens
Middle America background

And... McCain knew about the ongoing deal with her ex brother-in-law and that her daughter was pregnant... before he asked her to be his running mate. Even Mitt Romney and most other Republicans knew about it all. Guess the Media lagged behind.

Obama and Biden and the DNC are sweating bullets. I know it, Most here know it and most important, both Political Party Rank and File know it.

McCain/Palin!!!
 Kiss_My_Karma~
Msg: 642
Posted: 9/1/2008 6:40:58 PM

What I had to say about 20,000 post`s ago bears repeating.......................
John McCain and working mom as VP.........Stroke of pure genius.........................
Consider the working moms in this country who feel left out and under appreciated.
Do you think this will resonate with them regardless of all the other aspects to his choice?

No. I think many of the working moms in this country have so little in common with Sarah Palin it's not even funny.....especially the single ones.

Think about the significance of McCain`s choice!!!!!! Who in the hell in this country is less appreciated than working mom`s.............................
They work all day to help bring home the bacon,return home tired to the bone,the next thing she knows,she is thrust in the position of short order cook,bottle washer,house cleaner,toilet lid lowerer,{hell,I dont even know if lowerer is a word,but I`m sure you get the point}and not to mention two dozen other wifely and motherly roles that I`m sure that I must have left out.Then when the lights are out,she must perform some of the most delicate ego-boosting known on the planet.

And this qualifies her for a VP slot how? Yes I think women are wonderful, and working moms are great multi-taskers who care for everybody, quite often putting themselves last (I'm a single working Mom, so I can say with confidence that we are wonderful)....but again--Hillary was a working mom for a long time, Michelle Obama is a working mom, Jennifer Granholm (Gov. of MI), my boss, 4 of my 6 co-workers...all working moms. It does not mean that picking Palin makes us feel validated.

So,the question is................do you think she has the ability to soothe relations with world leaders in time of crisis in the event that she becomes the Commander in Chief of the greatest nation on earth?

No. Not in the least.

Bottom line.If I was a horse bettor,I would bet on this filly

You just called her a filly. Barf. And someone applauded it. Double barf.

And here all this pretty talk about how wonderful women can be. Yikes!

**edit** I cannot let this one go.

Ever notice the 'character' of the most neo of neocons and the most lib of libers... might take a minute to sink in... but, do give it a try.

What exactly might that mean? That you think the character of the conservative side is superior to that of the liberal side? That is a flat out insult and a lie. Take a look at your candidate for starters. Talk about character. Let's see...he said that this would be a no mud campaign. Yet I'm sure you've seen his ads, you quote them enough, and they are nothing but smear and mud slinging. Did you see Obama's response to the news that Bristol Palin is pregnant? He said back off that topic. He had a very easy chance to go for the jugular there, yet his character dictated otherwise. If you're talking about us posters, well, I can't speak for many of them, but neither can you, and you certainly cannot insult them in the way that you just have.
 geeleebee
Msg: 643
Posted: 9/1/2008 6:43:02 PM

Obama and Biden and the DNC are sweating bullets. I know it, Most here know it and most important, both Political Party Rank and File know it.

Hardly. Simply saying it, doesn't make it so.
McCain's choice of Palin had to have been a shock to many/most Republicans who had never heard of her. They are rallying around, though--gotta give 'em that.
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 644
Posted: 9/1/2008 6:43:30 PM
Alaskan succession? Oh that's perfect! Was no one in this election born unequivocally in the US? Next we'll find out biden's mom went into labor on vacation at niagra falls and through some technicallity, his parents aren't naturalized either.
 mjk21258
Msg: 645
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2008 6:48:35 PM

Bottom line.If I was a horse bettor,I would bet on this filly........................

And even the best gamblers lose at the track!
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 646
Posted: 9/1/2008 6:48:54 PM
HEY PURPLE CRAYON, IF YOU THINK YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BRUCE WILLIS'S OR CLINT EASTWOOD'S CHARACTER, YOUVE CLEARLY BEEN SUCKED IN BY THE CULT OF CELEBRITY!!!!!!!!!!!
 rayzrsharp
Msg: 647
Posted: 9/1/2008 7:04:27 PM
Not very long!! Now the polls read
Palin: 100%
Biden:0%
That was quick. Lol!!
 faith2565
Msg: 648
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2008 7:07:52 PM
We are up to 49 pages because we are trying to find out something about this 'wonderful lady' that is the best pick for VP in the republican party. We all know Biden.

Obama/Biden 08 & 12
 packleader
Msg: 649
Posted: 9/1/2008 7:09:12 PM
"No. I think many of the working moms in this country have so little in common with Sarah Palin it's not even funny.....especially the single ones."
There are approx. 26 million working moms in the US.........Think about that number for a minute.............All of Canada only contains 33 million people total........
I say this is a force to reckon with..................
And Charles,as far as apple pie is concerned ...............the thought makes me hungry,so I`m off to the store.
 flyguy51
Msg: 650
Posted: 9/1/2008 7:09:21 PM
^^^ I just checked and it is Palin 100%. Was it really Biden by 93% earlier today? That is amazing. Amazingly pathetic...

Edit: Palin certainly wins in POF coverage! Not that that gives Palin more validity as some think it does...
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin [CLOSED Thread]