Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin [CLOSED Thread]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Outdoor2
Msg: 651
view profile
History
It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah PalinPage 27 of 104    (13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53)
The link is still there, but the numbers have changed...

Biden 0 %
Palin 100%

Numbers eerily similar to a dictator once coddled by the Republicans....
 rayzrsharp
Msg: 652
It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin
Posted: 9/1/2008 7:23:01 PM
Funny they didn't even ATTEMPT to make it remotely believable like putting up numbers such as:
Palin: 74%
Biden:36%
At least this would've suggested some type of GOP bias based mainly off of mostly GOP voters. But to straight change it to a
cool 100% is hilarious. I learned during the 2000 election that the GOP will stop at absolutely nothing to brainwash their base. If their
candidate said the sky was PURPLE like in Crayons world :) they'd stick to that point even if every scientist on the planet contradict their assertion. There has to be a name for this type of thinking... something other than brainwashing.
 faith2565
Msg: 653
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2008 7:26:12 PM
Where was this poll between Palin and Biden. I did not have a chance to vote.

Biden all the way!

Obama/Biden 08
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 654
Posted: 9/1/2008 7:29:57 PM
To all you guys saying that you think mccains pick was "genius" because it generated so much immeadiate disgust from outside the base and caused the base to rally, I'm glad you value controversy over substance.

Which candidate reminds you the most of britney spears now??????????????????

(And razrsharp, not to be a b1tch er nuthin, but your hypothetical "straw poll" numbers add to 110 percent)
 Outdoor2
Msg: 655
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2008 7:30:16 PM

There has to be a name for this type of thinking... something other than brainwashing.

Blind?....or...."a one tracked mind"? Maybe both???

they'd stick to that point even if every scientist on the planet contradict their assertion.

Just like her stance on global warming....
 faith2565
Msg: 656
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2008 7:36:30 PM
The answer to Palin vs. Biden is

Her voice alone will make everyone

Obama/Biden 08
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 657
Posted: 9/1/2008 7:37:20 PM
The expression you're looking for that is a synonym for brainwashing is "panglossean" or perhaps it is that gop ideology that feature so prominently in the doj firings scandal, "loyalty over ability"
 mungojoe
Msg: 658
Posted: 9/1/2008 7:38:03 PM

There has to be a name for this type of thinking... something other than brainwashing.

Republican?
 designingwoman
Msg: 659
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2008 7:41:28 PM
Biden will chew and spit out Palin in the VP Debates!!! BRING IT ON!!!!! It's gonna be fun watching her get creamed by one of the smartest and best men in US Politics today!!!! It will be SO entertaining!!!!!! Her butt will be SO sore after that serious butt kicking that Joe Biden will surely deliver to her!!!!!!!

OBAMA/BIDEN 2008
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 660
Posted: 9/1/2008 7:42:59 PM
I know the youtube clib you mean, it is a meeting on pow veterans, where mccain is telling a woman who's family never was found, that the inquiry into pows was complete and is now closed. She argues with him on this and he blows his lid.

Yeah, I think after mccain's "hail mary" pass picking palin out of the blue without vetting, many are questioning jonny boy's jusgment. I think obama should run an ad of mccain using that youtube ad of him cursing out some woman with a voiceover:

Ask youself, is this the experienced decision maker you really want in the white house?
 rayzrsharp
Msg: 661
Posted: 9/1/2008 7:46:13 PM
Thanks for the correction THATWHATSHESAID!! Lol! I got caught in Crayon's world for second with my math.
 Outdoor2
Msg: 662
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2008 7:46:28 PM

...it generated so much immeadiate disgust from outside the base and caused the base to rally...

There is a link on McCain's site....
http://www.gop.mfbiz.com/#/hillarysupporters/4530683106
If you read the comments you'll find much disgust from within the base too...

It seems many women are up in arms about the suggestiveness nature of their comparing Clinton to Palin .

Side note: If Clinton had lost early, it's almost certain she would have been picked over Biden....
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 663
Posted: 9/1/2008 7:48:24 PM
Razr, numbers like that in a repub straw poll are not unusual!
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 664
Posted: 9/1/2008 7:57:22 PM
Yeah, her personal story is front and center, so long as your not criticizing it. I read a long article on cnn about how evangelicals are rallying around palin and its 2-3 pages of praise for her daughter's teen pregnancy and how it shows what authentic christians they are...yes, that same pregnant teen that no ones allowed to talk about when it comes to sex ed or abstinence only programs.
 rayzrsharp
Msg: 665
Posted: 9/1/2008 8:11:46 PM
"I've heard so far." Read up on her. Chose a valid news site and do your homework on her. I think you might be very surprised.
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 666
Posted: 9/1/2008 8:14:38 PM
Oh, really? You're concerned about michelle's comment that america is "mean" (and michelle is not the candidate rather an OFF LIMIT family member) but you're not concerned that palin is a member of an organization that think alaska should declare independance and suscede from the union?

And you think its fine to bring up the pregnant teen to talk about how strong palin's pro life convictions are, but not to talk about how her abstinence only convictions are sure to fail our children?
 faith2565
Msg: 667
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2008 8:15:30 PM
Many people were saying that about Obama until the heard about the great Rev. Wright. We will see, but the sad thing is she is already on the ticket. Many desired Edwards on the ticket. What if he had been on the ticket and then we found out about the affair. Just a thought.
 rayzrsharp
Msg: 668
Posted: 9/1/2008 8:38:40 PM
Charlemagne those videos make me miss Tim Russert. Man, I wish he were still around. Especially in these elections. He is SORELY MISSED!!!!!!
Regarding said videos, they are very telling indeed. I wish those who support McCain actually looked at them. They'd probably still say those are digitally altered, or you know hollywood is full of liberals and they'll do anything to smear John McCains good name. Or those are taken out of context etc. I'd be very curious to know what Crayon, Apologist or Reddwine thinks about those videos, but I have a strong feeling they wont look at them. As the old saying goes, Ignorance is bliss.
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 669
Posted: 9/1/2008 8:46:15 PM

The Real John McCain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioy90nF2anI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEtZlR3zp4c

Straight talk indeed. McCain is so utterly full of it, he's got brown eyes. Anyone who doesn't look at that and see it completely delusional. But what else is new. Bush got elected twice. Go figure.
 geeleebee
Msg: 670
Posted: 9/1/2008 8:46:49 PM
McCain videos=frightening.
This is NOT a person I want to determine when/if to push the button. Given the global atmosphere, we are better off with someone who has proven that he/she can keep his/her cool under pressure--the antithesis of John McCain.
 Outdoor2
Msg: 671
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2008 8:47:49 PM

All I was trying to say is that I see soooooo much energy being spent on smears that I think a lot of the issues get blurred.

The boys who really run the show like it that way.

It matters not who gets (s)elected...just as long as their agenda gets fulfilled...
 rayzrsharp
Msg: 672
Posted: 9/1/2008 8:51:45 PM
Sad thing is that GOP party loyalist refuse to see or accept the truth about who this man. I wonder why? Seriously, it fascinates me that
when some people are clearly proven wrong they won't admit it or accept it. I watched that interview with Tim Russert when he caught him in a lie. It was hilarious, because he then tried to accuse Russert of having his facts wrong. Russert then said, here's a clip and showed him a clip of himself. McCain looked pissed and then back tracked like crazy. Man I miss Tim Russert.
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 673
Posted: 9/1/2008 8:54:25 PM
Claudiac,

You misunderstand me. I don't think it makes sarah palin a bad person or a bad mom because her daughter had sex. I think most teens have sex and nothing in the world can stop them, not even god himself.

I think having a pregnant teenage daughter and not being willing to entertain the idea that something other than abstinence ought to be taught to teens, such as CONDOM USE, for both pregnancy AND disease prevention makes palin a bad policy maker and a bad potential president. There are three supreme court spots opening this term, potentially, and laws could be passed that limit a schools ability to teach sex ed or distribute condoms to teens across the nation, not just in sarah palin's home. There is also the issue of abortion, of faith based refusals to supply morning after pills in hospitals and pharmacies, even to rape victims, and this has been working its way through the courts.

The fact that sarah does not want to discuss the failure of abstinence only, not as a moral or personal failure, but as a policy failure is unacceptable to me, because, along with many other americans, I don't share her faith.
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 674
Posted: 9/1/2008 9:25:37 PM
Charlton Heston is jumping in his grave over this pick .
 rayzrsharp
Msg: 675
Posted: 9/1/2008 9:34:26 PM
HEY EX1 looks like the seeds of your prediction are coming true... (I know, I know it's the Huffington Post) http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/01/top-republican-governor-h_n_123057.html

The very IDEA or SUGGESTION or QUESTION that she may be removed from the ticket spells disaster. We are watching a political
train wreck right before our eyes. John McCain, the man with the soundest of judgement.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin [CLOSED Thread]