Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin [CLOSED Thread]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 51
It looks like McCain's VP pick is................................Page 3 of 104    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
But the big issue is that there is a much better chance that she will be POTUS than Biden will if their respective tickets win.

So she should face closer scrutiny. McCain is elderly, and the job ages you fast if you take it seriously. Reagan was able to skate along; but Carter looked like he aged 20 years during his term.
 capegardengirl
Msg: 52
It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin
Posted: 8/29/2008 11:01:43 AM
Reactionary women like her are women's own worst enemies because they wont support issues and problems important to the vast majority of women...
 flyguy51
Msg: 53
It looks like McCain's VP pick is................................
Posted: 8/29/2008 11:11:56 AM

so now inexperience doesnt count? You guys are confusing me.

People are simply pointing out inconsistencies between words and deeds-- just like pointing out that Obama touts the advantage of being a relative outsider to Washington while choosing Biden, who's an insider, more or less.
 capegardengirl
Msg: 54
Posted: 8/29/2008 11:22:35 AM
There are stats that show up to 25% of all murdered prisoners on death row were later to be found innocent...Thats alot of innocent people being killed.....Just because one is convicted by a biased court doesnt make them guilty...Murder of thousands in war or thru the death penalty is condoned while calling abortion "murder" is being a hypocrite
 rayzrsharp
Msg: 55
Posted: 8/29/2008 11:28:52 AM
Seriously, how does one even CONSIDER McCain as an option given the last 8 years we've all been through? He is promising the same politics that has sunk this country into a hole! Are we that bigoted, blind and misguided? Or just plain dumb? I'd rather take my chances with someone who DARES to change things than someone who PROMISES the same. All you McCain supporters have to be honest with yourselves, is this country in better shape or worse shape? If you agree that its in a worse shape, then why would you support someone who doesn't think it needs change?

As for this VP pick, like most of us we don't know much about her but I'm sure, there were MORE QUALIFIED WOMEN he could've chose. But I believe that the more qualified women would challenge him more if he were actually elected. So he chose someone who HE believes won't challenge him. This is a very, very, very shallow pick. It's a very poor attempt to appease women. It's pandering at it's lowest. Grab any chick, and Hillary supporters will be on board just like that!! This is how this pick feels to me. I almost feel sorry for her because she seems like a good woman who is now caught up in the presidential sweepstakes and is POSSIBLY ill prepared to deal with the pressures of leading the world should McBush kill over. YES I said THE WORLD, because at the end of the day that's what it comes down to. Do we want this woman leading THE WORLD?
 motownmaniax
Msg: 56
Posted: 8/29/2008 11:29:14 AM
Actually, it's a very savvy choice. It may grab some of those 18 million cracks in the glass ceiling (Hillary supporters) that still want to see a woman in the White House, even as Veep. Shows McCain is crazy...crazy like a fox.

Btw, I'm an Obama supporter, but still admire McCain. Mo
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 11:29:52 AM
Simply WOW. I thought Romney was a sure thing to be the new VP, but this came out of no where. I mean, I saw her on the list, but I didn't think much of it at the time. I still think that if Obama picked hillary as the VP, Romney would end up being McCains VP instead. This was a great counter move on McCain's part to try and get the 27% of women still undecided.
 PurpleCrayon~
Msg: 58
Posted: 8/29/2008 11:31:59 AM
All in all it boils down to this:
Let the chips fall where they may. This is electric to say the least. Look at the two tickets.. Republican and Democrat. The rest of the world can sit and take note. History is made in '08 in the USA!!!

Let the battle begin now for the hearts and minds of the American People. Us.
The debates should be extraordinary! for both McCain/Obama and Palin/Biden.

And, it is funny that not much is supposedly known about Palin yet all this stuff is being found via Google. All one had to do was research it...since Palin was a long shot...but, a shot nonetheless for being picked.

Most here know my politics and it goes without saying that I am so happy...absolutely on cloud nine...with the Palin pick! She is so closely aligned with my viewpoint, how could I be nothing short of 'over the top' happy!

And, is anyone else seeing what this could lead to in '12? A Palin vs. H. Clinton run for the WH. with the women at the top of the ticket/one at the top and the other as VP and/or at least both women as VP choices. Talk about historical.

Oh... and I am not..a 'feminist' in the 'PCness' sense of the word. I am what Palin represents in that aspect. My posts have clearly reflected that all along on this forum since I began posting here.

McCain/Palin '08 & '12
 exodusi1
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 11:32:34 AM
If that is why he choose her, it shows more of the same misguided strategies of the republican party. . . . That 20-30% aren't Hillary supporters anyway, they were rupublicans that crossed over trying to get Hillary the nod over Obama because they know they can't beat him based on substance. . . So, they backed themselveds into a corner from their own BS?

How ironic that would be!
 boisegoodbadboy
Msg: 60
Posted: 8/29/2008 11:35:05 AM
i still cant wait for the vp debate....
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 11:38:04 AM
No they were sway voters that have no ties.
 rayzrsharp
Msg: 62
Posted: 8/29/2008 11:41:05 AM
SMART women won't go for this at all. YEP, I'm implying the opposite by stating SMART WOMEN. Again, be honest with yourselves, do you want change or the same? If you want the same then say that your cool with the way this administration has handled things and stick with that. But if you want change... you can't possibly think John McCain who again, as stated earlier, will change things when he supports 90% of Bush's policies. If McCain somehow wins this election, we will have proved to the entire planet (who already hates us, not for our freedoms but for our arrogance) that we are the dumbest collection of human beings in the world. The world is watching. Lets at least make an attempt to say that we're AT LEAST willing to try something new! Then maybe we'll be more respected again.
 exodusi1
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 11:43:03 AM
He would have made Romney cry, just like he did Rudi. . . But making her cry, might not reflect too well, they may have gauged that in their selection.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 11:49:14 AM
Damn with all these VP surprises on both sides its making things a lot more interesting.

I mean, if you would have said to people just a couple of months ago that Obama would pick Biden and McCain would pick Palin as VP's, almost everyone would dismiss those assumptions especially the Palin pick.
 rayzrsharp
Msg: 65
Posted: 8/29/2008 11:49:17 AM
Funny, the more I read about her the more I like her. She seems like a cool chick, I just don't think she's ready for this. Maybe in 2012 with Hillary, but not now. Bad choice for John McCain.
 exodusi1
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 11:51:56 AM
The eagerness of a few of the neocons on here only cements my knowledge that it won't matter. . . If the neocons are pleased, then it really benefits the remaining voting block!
 rayzrsharp
Msg: 67
Posted: 8/29/2008 11:53:18 AM
Your right Apologist, got a little to excited. Shouldn't have referred to anyone as the opposite of smart. I stand corrected and will politely cool off. Hey by the way, you being a supporter George McCain, has this country improved in the last 8 years to you? Just curious what think. Seriously.
 Ezzee
Msg: 68
Posted: 8/29/2008 11:55:19 AM
I like this pick. I think this is a gutsy pick by McCain, which has defined his entire governmental career, and I think it does a few things.

First of all, we already knew that there was this entire race card on the table. Don't deny it, you hear it just as much as I do. With this pick, McCain says here are your two choices, you can either be a racist and vote against Obama or you can be a sexist and vote against Palin. It takes two extremely controversial and touchy subjects and puts them together on the ballot and makes you choose. So it is going to do one of two things, it is going to take the entire controversy of discrimination off the table, either way.

Secondly, I don't think this hurts McCain's experience argument at all. Let's think about this for a second. One of the biggest arguments that many people had about Bush/Cheney ticket was that it appeared that Cheney, the more politically entrenched of the two, took the more well liked candidate, put him as president, and was pulling the strings like a marionette. What do you have with Barrack Hussein Obama but another well liked charismatic candidate with an older more entrenched senator like Biden? Is Barrack Hussein Obama truly the president, or is Biden pulling the strings? (And yes, I am using Barrack Hussein Obama's full name since several people on this forum like to refer to John McCain as McSame. Turnabout is fair play.) With McCain, you have the older rugged entrenched Senator at the front of the ticket, and the younger less experienced Vice President in the back. You know that Palin isn't pulling the strings here. Can you really say the same for Barrack Hussein Obama?

Also, let's think about this for a second. Barrack Hussein Obama has been preaching "Change" now since his candidacy began, granted no one has any clue what "Change" is, but apparently they are all drinking the Kool-aid. And then he picks Joseph Biden as his running mate, which stinks of same stuff, different day. The pick made no sense for "Change." McCain, who most people agree is a maverick and a very well liked one at that, goes and decides to be a maverick again in his decision. The easy choice would have been Romney or Huckabee. Another safe choice would've been Tim Pawlenty. But no, he goes way outside and throws a massive curve ball andpicks Palin, much in his maverick ways.

Again, I think this is a fabulous choice for McCain. I think Biden is a great choice for Barrack Hussein Obama as well, but I have more questions about Barrack Hussein Obama's choice then I do of McCain's.
 exodusi1
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 11:59:15 AM
How jaded some have become to the right wing spin. . .

I don't hate any of you, but I feel sorry for you that you can't experience the euphoria I feel today, the pride I have that my country, my party and my candidate have so much hope and promise. . . We are coming out of a very dark period in American history, we went from the city on the hill, to the playground bully, we went from being a nation of promise and entreprenuers to cronyism and exclusive contracts, we went from a coutry that looks to make a difference, to a country that looks to impose corporate profits. . .

Last night was the first step in a long march towards reform. . Democrats ARE going to pick up at least a half dozen Senate seats and perhaps a dozen more Representatives. . . If we win the White House, as it feels almost certain at this point, that may be enough for us to sweep out the crime infested waters that have been in DC that past thirty years!
 flyonthewall!
Msg: 70
Posted: 8/29/2008 11:59:16 AM

Let's see . . . she has zero legislative experience, zero Federal experience, zero foreign policy experience, and is governor of the only state in the union that pays an oil dividend to its citizens, as if, you know, the people own the nation's wealth. I wonder if that will come up between now and November.

More presidents have been picked from state chief executive officers (i.e., governors) than from the federal legislature in recent years. These Presidents had "no legislative, federal, or foreign policy experience when they took the oath of office: F Roosevelt, Eisenhower, Carter, Reagan, Clinton. Seems most of them did just fine (except for Carter).

This decision was crass hackitude of the highest order. It smacks of the piss-your-pants desperation the McCain campaign must be feeling.

Why would McCain be desperate? He was in a statistical tie with Obama til the convention, and the bump has only been 5 points. That wouldn't make me feel desperate if I were the candidate.

So is Joe Biden's [son serving in Iraq] - it gives nothing. It is a push.

What's he gonna do? Throw legal pads at them? Beau Biden is in the JAG CORP. He's a lawyer. Not much chance of him being killed or injured in that assignment. I'm not belittling the guy's service, but the JAG Corp is not a dangerous assignment.

It is staggering to me that after our country has been under assault for the last 7+ years by these neocons that any one would think of doing it again.

No, what is staggering is that the Democratic party gave its voters such a piss poor choice. Now it deserves what it gets.

If anything happens to McCain, Palin is not ready to take over. She is no Hilary ... no way no how ... not even in the same league. Promote her from Governor to Congress and let her learn Federal for 4 years and then I'll change my mind - depending upon her track record in 4 years of federal.

She wouldn't have been my first choice, but Obama has even fewer credentials than Palin. And Obama's the one voting for President.

Better to have a VP with little experience than a President with NO experience.

BUT....... She has really nice ankles.

Couldn't tell, the podium was in the way. But any woman who goes big game hunting is in pretty good shape.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 12:04:45 PM
OMG, She is incredible! It was not happy with McCain but I would have voted for him but behind every great man is an even better Woman. This is fantastic.

Exodus, your posts are amusing me.. damn you must be just seeething. Its ok darling Vice President Palin will make it alll better.

What a great day!
 exodusi1
Msg: 72
view profile
History
It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin
Posted: 8/29/2008 12:06:51 PM
Or Jack Kennedy?

You may all laugh now, but you won't be laughing on 1-21-09!

This is going to be a landslide. . .

So many people watched and were inspired last night.

84,000 people were there in the stadium, thousands were in the area, thousands gathered at Times Square to watch. . .

But, , , you can STILL get a ticket to next weeks festivities! They won't be moving to the Metrodome any time soon. . . But there's still room. . . Hey I rhymed!
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 12:07:00 PM
FYI her husband is a hotie.. I would have have 5 babies with him too... more.
 MacKevinized
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 12:07:24 PM

The more I think about it the more I see the total irony of it.

McCain is pondering his fling finalé.

By picking and inexperienced, novice ,beauty queen, feminist that's under investigation for firing someone over a personal family issue, McCain will filter out the most gullible women to be his groupies.

Other than that, McCain can send her on hunting trips with Cheney for advise on how to word the misdeeds as to describe an act of heroism.
 exodusi1
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 12:07:56 PM
ewwwwwww

Where's the barf Icon?
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin [CLOSED Thread]