Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin [CLOSED Thread]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BeachlessBlond
Msg: 726
It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah PalinPage 30 of 104    (16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56)
Why offer a person you met once, who has a 4 month old downs syndrome baby, and
a 17 yr old pregnant out of wedlock daughter, and is the target of an investigation, the second most important job in the world, all the while knowing that person is lacking in both knowledge and skill needed to compete in the upcoming campaign? Why would a
person who already has a position,( Gov. of Alaska), a 4month old downs syndrome baby, a 17 yr old pregnant out of wedlock daughter, the target of an investigation, and
lacks the knowledge and skills necessary to compete on an even basis in the upcoming campaign, ever consider accepting the job? Yeah, they are a match.
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 727
It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin
Posted: 9/2/2008 4:26:15 PM
I'm concerned about what VP Palin would do if she had to take over in the middle of such a "covert" op. I imagine Johnny has many of them planned if he wins.

Also, wolf blitzer and mccafferty just reported that McCain cancelled his interview with Larry King because another CNN reporter was too abrupt with a McCain spokesman when the reporter repeatedly asks for one specific example of Palin's executive decision making -- one individual act of all this "executive power" she had, that showed she would be ready to assume the #1 spot if something happened to McCain. The rep just dodged the question 5 times and then they ran out of time.

(She can stay in hiding a week, for all I care, she can't cram for the VP debates if she took a whole month to do it. Too bad McCain couldn't give her advance warning that she'd be tapped as VP. Too bad NO ONE could.)
 Outdoor2
Msg: 728
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2008 4:32:58 PM

ok.. who was it that was complaining that McCain canceled his plans to speak,

Not me, but.....he did cancel an interview with CNN over questions about Palin and the National Guard. (according to the original post)

aaahaha Obama just canceled his plans too.

Indeed he did...a speaking engagement...NOT an interview...and he did it to return to his headquarters to monitor Gustav and mobilize his huge e-mail list of supporters to volunteer or send money if need be.

Meanwhile John and Sarah decided to tour an emergency operations centre...right while they're preparing for an imminent disaster. If I was working there, I'd have likely told them to "...get out of the way...can't you see we're busy here...!"
 Kiss_My_Karma~
Msg: 729
Posted: 9/2/2008 5:00:05 PM

Seems to me that a marriage between two high school sweethearts that's lasted more than twenty years and produced 5 children is a pretty stable environment. The Palins look like a happy family, one that most here on POF could only wish they had. Her daughter is going to have a baby. Another life for the Palin family, a joyous Christmas present for them, something wonderful. I really not seeing the scandle or anything negative about what's going on in their family, I'm sure they can handle another baby.

That's great for them that they have a stable, loving family. So do many Americans, and many of the candidates. I'm not saying it is negative, but if you fail to see the irony in this high school aged girl getting pregnant when her mother, the governor, is on record saying she is against sex ed in schools and against birth control, wants the schools to teach abstinence only education......then I guess you are purposely failing to see it.
 geeleebee
Msg: 730
Posted: 9/2/2008 5:05:42 PM

We open a door of libility in suppling condom or hypo needles. ~ They are all the same to me at this level of public education. ~

I do not know of ONE SINGLE SCHOOL in the U.S. that supplies 'hypo needles' to students. Personally, when I knew that one of my students was having unprotected sex, I called in a nurse/friend to discuss the subject--I've given EPTs to girls who thought they might be pregnant--I sat with a young high school girl while she told her mother that she was pregnant.
Giving high school kids information about the consequences of sex and handing out condoms is in NO way comparative to giving away needles.
 Outdoor2
Msg: 731
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2008 5:41:01 PM

The front-page story in De Telegraaf, published Friday and headlined "Attack on Iran Imminent," claimed that U.S. military strikes on Iran's nuclear and weapons facilities would happen in weeks.

It could be just a propaganda piece...
http://www.countercurrents.org/ulrich010908.htm
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 732
Posted: 9/2/2008 5:51:49 PM
Palin is such a maverick. Here's a great Newsweek blogger taking about how THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION foreign policy people are working with her so she's "up to speed" on what she thinks (?) about international affairs.

http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/stumper/archive/2008/09/02/bushies-come-to-palin-s-rescue.aspx

If it's true, possibly the WORST of all the Palin uh-ohs.
 exodusi1
Msg: 733
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2008 6:29:53 PM
It is an imposition on MY right to freedom from Your beliefs.

Pray in your car, pray in you home, pray in you church, pray before your teast if you want to, for all I care, just don't force my kid to pray!

Religion belings in your space, not mine!
 geeleebee
Msg: 735
Posted: 9/2/2008 6:35:23 PM
You don't think people pray in school? It happens all the time, and no one is any the wiser. I think people are afraid the students will be forced to pray, and that isn't going to happen. However, can you stop a child who sits quietly at his/her desk and sends up a quick one? Should you stop said child? No. It's nobody's business if some want to pray--just don't take up class time, and don't force it on anyone--and DO NOT tell me to which God I must pray.
 exodusi1
Msg: 736
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2008 6:37:15 PM
Exactly!

I couldn't agree more!
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 737
Posted: 9/2/2008 6:40:47 PM
Well, let her come out of hiding and defend herself then.
 Barredbard
Msg: 738
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2008 6:47:26 PM
At the risk of alienating the left - I've never really seen the big deal with allowing prayers in school. A school is a place of learning for everything conceivable. Or should be, anyways. Science, in conjunction with religion. Certainly, some prayers can be actually be literary classics. Like 'Our Lord's Prayer.' If I had children, I'd want them to be well versed in everything. Banning prayers from schools achieves little from my vantage point, and can actually deny children some understanding of the shenannigans that went on in times long forgotten. And certainly, a little humility couldn't harm the wee ones, bless their hearts. They can discard those things they don't approve of as they mature. I had no trouble doing it, but I can rattle off my Hail Marys like a Fransciscian monk. The important thing is exposure. Certainly, US history is intertwined with religion; the puritans that established camps in the US were fervent - if not fanatical - Christians. Our Constitution is criss-crossed with numerous allusions to God. Most noteworthy literary works have one or two such references. Even our money - the tender that replaced good ole solid gold - has a reference to God on it. Where is the harm, as long as these children are not being forced to convert to one religion or the other?
 exodusi1
Msg: 739
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2008 6:51:03 PM
I'm not angry, I just hate ignorance and hypocracy!
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 740
Posted: 9/2/2008 6:51:30 PM
Anger like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdHV-GR0RxQ&feature=related

or this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZJC3678Bt0
 faith2565
Msg: 741
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2008 6:51:48 PM
Today, while watching the republican convention part of the discussion was possibly taking Palin off the ticket. Since her mother-in-law spoke poorly about her and the found out her husband has a DUI not DWI. This is not good.
 exodusi1
Msg: 742
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2008 6:59:15 PM
I've been saying all along, it was just a diversion to get people's minds off Obama's incredible oration last Thursday. . .

A little sidestep like Charles Durning in Best little Whorehouse in Texas!

Now they see me now they don't, doh see doh. . .
 faith2565
Msg: 743
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2008 7:05:45 PM
Red she is hurting the party. They also stated that this was McCain's first big decision as a leader. They kept comparing her to Quayle and some guy name Eagle? that was taken off the ticket in 72. They have also sent investigators to Alaska to see if there is anything else on her before it comes to the light.

Her mother in law speaking poorly of her eloping with her son and her personality will go against her character and support the Sarah Barracuda image. The republican party prides itself in family values.
 Outdoor2
Msg: 745
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2008 7:15:45 PM

...and DO NOT tell me to which God I must pray.

LOL... all the major religions agree that they pray to the same God...they just do it in different ways...they all have the same basic tenets...reminds me of a quote I once heard...

"God gave us spirituality...the Devil saw that...organized it...and called it religion."

His DUI...20 odd years ago...he was 22 or so at the time.....that this story has any legs at all is just another example of the ridiculous lengths people AND their parties will go to in order to avoid ANYTHING of REAL substance!

Kids in a frickin sand box...
 Barredbard
Msg: 746
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2008 7:23:32 PM
Nomadic...I believe everyone would be staunchly against any kind of indoctrination of our young ones. But there are those generic prayers which all Christendom would hold neutral. Like our Lord's prayer, for example. I do not think it detracts from our diversity to allow these prayers to be recited in our public schools. It does no harm, and may enrich the experience our children ultimately derive from their schooling experience by exposing them to mechanisms they would not otherwise encounter in the society. For example, in the boarding school I attended in England, our prefects in the refectory were in the habit of saying in a rather perfunctory voice just before we ate a meal: "for the food we are about to eat, we thank thee, oh Lord." And there would be a thunderous "Amen," from hundreds of kids before we tore into the food with as much gusto as as is only possible from half-starved teenagers. I'll never forget the experience as long as I live, and there was something fundamentally civil, right and proper about such a procedure in a school. It certainly didn't make an Anglican out of me. Now you might ask...what about muslims, and Jews, and so on and so forth... But this is precisely my point. These prayers are so generic in nature that they do not deter the mental growth of any religious adherent or atheist. They could be to any deity at all, including defunct Olympian gods, imported African Gods, Allah, the Force, Isis and Osiris, etc. They are formalistic and reflective of our history in the US, and it would be a great tragedy from my perspective if we lose such reminder of where we came from....
 faith2565
Msg: 747
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2008 7:25:03 PM
No, it shows that he should have done a little more homework and that is why he has sent people to Alaska to investigate. Look I did not ask to come home and hear this. Just admit it, McCain was reacting to Hillary. He did not use wisdom.
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 748
Posted: 9/2/2008 7:27:16 PM
I'm coming around to the argument in favor of Sarah Palin. Here's a great article in support of her nomination...

8 Reasons Sarah Palin is More Qualified than Barack Obama
stumble digg reddit del.ico.us news trust mixx.com Posted September 2, 2008 | 04:16 PM (EST)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read More: 2008 Election, Barack Obama, Breaking Politics News, Bristol Palin, Cindy McCain, John McCain, Sarah Palin, Sarah Palin Reaction, Politics News

Show your support.
Buzz this article up.
Buzz up!
Share Print View Comments Like this story? Get Alerts of big news events. Enter your email address

Sarah Palin (sp?) has ignited the presidential race and fired up the GOP -- as evidenced by three women at the RNC who took the time to print the words "We," "Love," and "Sarah" on pieces of paper and tape them to the backs of their t-shirts. Sarah's even won the backing of the level-headed Rep. Michele Bachmann (R- MN) -- not exactly known for toeing the party line. Clearly, the liberal left realizes that it can't match this kind of unbridled enthusiasm for its candidate. So what are they doing? Attacking her character. Questioning her qualifications. Imagine a political group attacking an opponent because it can't win on the issues or the record. It's disgusting.

So let's set the record straight. Sarah Pahlen (sp?) is not only more qualified for the Oval Office than Barack Obama -- she might just be the most qualified political candidate in our nation's history:

1. Putting Country First - Her membership in the Alaska Independence Party proves that she's exactly the kind of leader America needs: the kind that will always put country first -- even if that country happens to be The Republic of Alaska. Obama claims he loves America -- but has he ever loved it enough to favor seceding from it? It's called tough love, Senator. Look into it.

2. Independence - Sarah hates indicted Senator Ted Stevens, but raised money for him. She hates the "bridge to nowhere," but supported it. She wants to shatter Hillary's glass ceiling, but wears t-shirts touting the size of her boobs. We're dealing with an innovative politician; one who refuses to be categorized. Obama may call himself the candidate of "change," but Sarah Pailen's (sp?) entire political life has been about saying one thing, and then doing another. Now that's "change we can believe in."

3. Family Values - This is someone who's not afraid to preach abstinence for your daughter, even though her own unmarried 17-year-old daughter is pregnant. This is someone who's not afraid to hop on a plane from Texas to Alaska while she's in premature labor. This is someone who's not afraid to hit the campaign trail with a 5-month-old special needs baby. That's what I call dedication to family. Obama, on the other hand? A Muslim.

4. Intellect - Yes, Sarah recently admitted that she didn't know exactly what it was the Vice President did. Yes, she wants creationism taught in public schools. Yes, she doesn't believe global warming is manmade. But I'd like to point out the fact that she wears glasses -- and that's not something dumb people generally do. Obama? No glasses.

5. Military Affairs - As Governor, Pollen (sp?) is authorized to deploy Alaska's National Guard in times of emergency. And while the Guard's Adjunct General admits that she plays no role in national defense, and isn't briefed on military exercises, the fact is -- she's been photographed holding a machine gun, while Obama has yet to wield so much as a .38 for the cameras. When it comes to keeping me safe, that's all I need to know.

6. Foreign Affairs - While Obama likes to take Middle East tours, meet with Europe's leaders, and brag about his running mate being the foreign policy voice of the Senate, he can't hold a candle to Palenn's (sp?) understanding of today's complex, dangerous world. Yes, Sarah admitted that she hadn't paid much attention to the war in Iraq, but she knew enough to rightly call it a "task from God." Yes, she's only left North America once in her life, but her experience as a local sportscaster gave her the ability to follow events as they unfold at lightning speed. And as Cindy McCain pointed out, while Barack Obama was sipping lattes in Cambridge Square, Sarah Pinkston (sp?) was staring down the barrel of Putin's Kalashnikov -- a one woman wall keeping America safe from invasion.

7. Restoring America's Image - Who better than a former beauty queen to add some new luster to America's battered image? Paylen (sp?) will take a proverbial can of Aqua Net to our nation's unruly hair, and apply liberal (no pun intended) amounts of blush to Lady Liberty's cheekbones. In a word, she'll dazzle the world with her charm and style. Even the most anti-Western extremists will melt when they see the People and Vanity Fair spreads of Sarah warming her fur-lined extremities over burning science textbooks. And how would Obama restore our leadership in the world? The question we should be asking is: why does he only have two children, while Sarah has at least twice that number? What does Senator Obama have against America's children?

8. Her Soul - In one 15-minute meeting, and one follow-up phone call, John McCain was able to determine that Sarah was more than his running mate -- she was his "soul mate." Not only that, but that she was more qualified to be a heartbeat away from the Oval Office than any Republican on earth. Yes, this is a testament to the power and quickness of McCain's decision making. But it's also a testament to the power of Sarah Payton's (sp?) soul. As a Muslim, it's not even clear that Obama has a soul.

So is Sarah Pillston (sp?) qualified to be Vice President? To be one bad biopsy away from being the most powerful human being on earth? To lead America back to prominence and prosperity, while keeping us safe from a world of ever-changing threats?

In her own words: "Yup...yup."
 faith2565
Msg: 750
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2008 7:36:20 PM
lar I wondered that also today. I have never said anything negative about McCain until after his annoucement, but something is not adding up. Today, at work everyone that was a starch Hillary supporter and did not know who to vote for state they were voting for Obama because of the anti-gay and anti-choice platform.

This truly sad.

Right now Fred Thompson (Law & Order) is making fun of Obama stated he is pro-choice.

What will happen next?
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin [CLOSED Thread]