Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin [CLOSED Thread]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 packleader
Msg: 801
It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah PalinPage 33 of 104    (19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59)
"Now we have confirmed reports that her husband was a member of that party, and witnesses who claim to have seen her at their convention. Now, she could have been a guest, that's possible , right ? Just being by her husband's side ? "

This kind of reminds me of a certain Senator sitting in a certain church pew for 20 years and not hearing the sermon,would`nt you say~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 802
It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin
Posted: 9/3/2008 8:04:48 AM
Dance,

It's veterans like you that I feel for the most. Soldiers keep dying to "defend democracy" and McCain has the nerve to tell the free press, if they want information on his appointed running mate that no one's ever heard of, they should get if from John McCain and no one else.

sigh.
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 803
Posted: 9/3/2008 8:09:01 AM
And no one defending Palin on these boards for being a reformer and maverick is wondering why the GOP is defending her, her abuses of power, her anti-american activity, she's violated all the sacred cows of their membership yet they defend her without even having met her.

Guess what guys, sees not a "maverick" she's an actress tapped to play the role of republican croney.

She's going to argue that government shouldn't play a role in people's lives, then she's going to keep all your tax money.
 gentalltheway
Msg: 804
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2008 8:18:14 AM

Actually with all the squawking and crying those on the left are doing in regard to McCains VP pick, I think it just shows they are scared.

Considering everything that was written in here alone, the only ones who are scared are the republicans.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 805
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2008 8:19:00 AM

This kind of reminds me of a certain Senator sitting in a certain church pew for 20 years and not hearing the sermon,would`nt you say~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ah, but Wright never wanted to break up your country now, did he ? Palin seems to support a separatist viewpoint.

Especially with political candidates inserted into the mainstream ones, as that YouTube video shows......

YouTube:

Sarah Palin Membership in Alaska Independent Party

Sarah Palin and the Alaska Independence Party. AIP - Part 1

Sarah Palin and the Alaska Independence Party2. AIP convention pt.2

They speak of inserting people into the two existing parties, under cover, in that one.

Her own video:

Sarah Palin and the Alaska Independence Party. Palin addresses AIP convention

A Republican operative seems to have been behind the decision to edit her Wiki entry, just before the announcement as VP .

NEW YORK: In the 24 hours before the McCain campaign put the finishing touches on its surprise announcement Friday that Governor Sarah Palin of Alaska would be the Republican vice presidential candidate, one Wikipedia user was putting the finishing touches on her biography on the site.

Beginning at 2 a.m. Eastern time on Thursday, a Wikipedia user with the name YoungTrigg began an overhaul of the article. The user added compelling stories about her upbringing, including that "she earned the nickname 'Sarah Barracuda' because of her intense play" as point guard for her high school basketball team and that she and her father "would sometimes wake at 3 a.m. to hunt moose before school."

Many details were culled from, and footnoted to, the book "Sarah: How a Hockey Mom Turned Alaska's Political Establishment on Its Ear," by Kaylene Johnson.

Soon enough, YoungTrigg pivoted from the biographical to the political, adding that Palin had high approval ratings as governor and that, as mayor, she had "kept her campaign promises, reducing her own salary, as well as reducing property taxes 60 percent."

As governor, YoungTrigg wrote, her "tenure is noted for her willingness to take on oil companies" and she has been called "a 'politician of eye-popping integrity."' Both of those statements were attributed to a profile in the conservative Weekly Standard magazine.

In total, YoungTrigg - whose moniker is a reference to Palin's infant son, Trig - made 30 "edits" to the article, all positive and largely unnoticed, since they came at a time when few were discussing her as a possible running mate to Senator John McCain.

The coincidence of the user's name, and the sudden spurt of activity just before news broke of McCain's choice, has raised suspicions that YoungTrigg was a campaign operative tasked to make sure that Palin's Wikipedia article was ready for prime time, much as handlers have been assigned to do the same for the candidate.

The daily page view totals for even well-known candidates are striking. For example, according to a site that tracks the traffic to Wikipedia, the John McCain article had 645,000 page views in June. That month, Barack Obama had 1.35 million page views. Henrik Abelsson, who tracks the traffic, said that on Friday there were 2.4 million page views for Palin's Wikipedia article.

Last year, a graduate student, Virgil Griffith, created a clever Web site, Wiki-Scanner, that made it easy to detect where anonymous editors of Wikipedia were accessing the site.

In the process, companies, government agencies and, yes, politicians were caught in the act of spiffing up their Wikipedia entries, even as many assumed that anonymity would make them safe. Wikipedia, incredibly and mercilessly, keeps a record of every change made to every article.

YoungTrigg made the last edit Friday morning, hours before the news of the Palin selection became official. But in the wee hours the day before, when no one was really paying attention, YoungTrigg did contact other Wikipedians, who were initially impressed by the rapid improvements to the article.

Oddly enough, as YoungTrigg began to tackle editing the Palin article, another editor happened to be working there, too. This user, Ferrylodge, a lawyer who has contributed to Wikipedia for years and describes himself as a independent-minded Republican, was interested in examining the accusations that Palin had used her position to get a trooper dismissed for personal reasons.

He ended up editing YoungTrigg's edits, toning down entries that seemed biased, removing material that seemed extraneous, like the exact unit that Palin's son is serving in that will be going to Iraq.

"A lot of stuff was useful - like citing a biography of her," he said by telephone, speaking under the condition of anonymity to avoid tipping off his clients that he spends time on Wikipedia. "Some was questionable stuff."

By Sunday morning, YoungTrigg came forward, still anonymous, on his or her Wikipedia user page: "It's not true that 'all of my edits made Palin look better."'

The user narrowed down YoungTrigg's identity: "I am not Sarah Palin. I think it is obvious that I am not the 5-month-old Trig Paxson Van Palin. I am not a member of Sarah Palin's family, or even Michael Palin's family."

YoungTrigg was a user name picked for this task; for other editing, he or she chooses other names: "I will acknowledge that I volunteer for the McCain campaign, one of thousands of people nationwide who are working to elect the best candidate for the job.

"Palin was not the nominee when I made my edits, though I am certainly excited about the selection. I don't believe I have a conflict of interest problem."

That said, nobody will be hearing from YoungTrigg again anytime soon. On the bottom was a black-bordered box surrounding the word "retired."

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/09/01/business/link.php

To make that many edits, all highly positive, JUST at the point the decision had been made, and then "retiring" afterwards , when discovered ?

Highly suspicious.

In passing ?

John McCain article had 645,000 page views in June.

That month, Barack Obama had 1.35 million page views.

Henrik Abelsson, who tracks the traffic, said that on Friday there were 2.4 million page views for Palin's Wikipedia article.

Looks like another indicator that more people are interested in Obama, doesn't it ?
 rayzrsharp
Msg: 806
Posted: 9/3/2008 8:21:01 AM
Here's what I find funny about the Palin pick. John McCain is damned either way.
1. If everything about her turns out to be much to do about nothing, it still says his judgement is terrible because he didn't properly vet her.
2. If everything about her turns out to be much to do about nothing, it still says his judgement is terrible because HE DID properly vet her and still invited all this attention and controversy.

Either way he made a piss poor desperate choice.
OH, I also had this funny thought; although I believe her speech will be fine (plain), her voice is going to really turn a lot a people off. Trivial, yes, I know but hearing her last speech, I couldn't help but think of her as a CHEERLEADER! LOL!
GOOOO JOHN!!!
Give me a J, give me an O, give me an H, give me an N. What does that spell JOHN!! GOOOO JOHN!!! WHOOO YEAH!!! LOL! Sorry, couldn't help it.
Now back to our very serious conversations.
 capegardengirl
Msg: 807
Posted: 9/3/2008 8:23:16 AM
just 2...you bet we are scared...But it started when a moron occupied the white house 8 yrs ago with the IQ of an idiot in the most powerful position in the USA....You would have to be brain dead or in dry drunk addict denial NOT to be afraid!..DUH

Obama was working in the trenches in Chicago while Sarah was in a beauty contest and having 5 babies....I like alot of experience in my candidates...any Stepford Wife or my dog or cat can do what Sarah has
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 808
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2008 8:31:23 AM

I couldn't help but think of her as a CHEERLEADER!

Actually, I must confess my sin to all of actually temporarily flashing back to Major Margaret J. Houlihan, when I first listened to her.

Please forgive me.

I will listen to both speeches from the candidates , at the convention, though. I may turn the treble down on my Windows Media Player for her's though.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 809
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2008 8:38:38 AM
I posted sources from AIP party members, and her own video where she spoke to them as governor.

Explain those, please ?

And in 2008, as governor, she submitted a welcoming video to the AIP convention in Fairbanks. "Your party plays an important role in our state's politics," she said. "I've always said that competition is so good, and that applies to political parties as well… We have a great promise: to be a self-sufficient state." She closed by saying, "Good luck on a successful and inspiring convention. Keep up the good work, and God bless you.""

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/02/politics/animal/main4409075.shtml

Sarah Palin, vice-presidential candidate for the Republican Party, was once a member of the Alaskan Independence Party (AIP), and may still be sympathetic with their mission, according to Lynnette Clark, Chairman of the AIP.

The AIP believes that the vote for statehood was invalid, and that there should be a vote on Alaskan secession.

Responding to a request for comment from the Western Standard, Clark wrote:

"Yes, Governor Palin was a member of the Alaskan Independence Party. She joined the Party and attended the AIP Statewide Convention held in Wasilla in 1994, along with her husband, Todd. In 1996 she changed her registration to Republican and Todd re-registered as undeclared, a registration he holds today."

http://westernstandard.blogs.com/shotgun/2008/09/sarah-palin-was.html

The McCain campaign has confirmed she visited the group's 2000 convention, and she addressed its convention this year, as an incumbent governor whose oath of office includes upholding the Constitution of the United States.

Palin's husband, Todd Palin, was a member of the party from 1995-2002 with a brief exception in 2000.

It's worth noting that Vogler isn't just some figure from ancient history. He is still being hailed on AIP's site this year, the same year Palin addressed the group's convention.

http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/09/aip_founder_professed_hatred_f.php
 Kaos86
Msg: 810
Posted: 9/3/2008 9:07:43 AM
The left is running scared...
Every time the experience issue is raised, voters will be reminded that the Republican vice presidential nominee has as much or more than the Democrats' presidential nominee.

Obama walked right into that trap Monday night in an interview with CNN:

“My understanding is that Gov. Palin’s town, Wassilla, has I think 50 employees. We've got 2500 in this campaign. I think their budget is maybe 12 million dollars a year – we have a budget of about three times that just for the month,” Obama responded.

Sen. Obama made two huge mistakes here. First, like other Dems he demeans Gov. Palin by ignoring the fact that she is actually Governor of a state right now, not a mayor. The similar comparison for Obama here is that in his last job, state senator, he probably had a staff of two or three people - not nearly as many as the 50 employees Palin managed. In fact, as Mayor of Wassilla, she probably had a larger staff than Sen. Obama has as a United States Senator.

So desperate is Obama to show executive management experience that he relies on his political campaign staff to show his leadership! This might be a first in presidential campaign history: "I am qualified to be president because I have a large campaign staff."

By awkwardly attempting to prove he has more experience than Gov. Palin, Barack Obama is conceding the more significant point -- his experience doesn't come close to stacking up to the leadership, legislative and foreign policy experience of John McCain.
 exodusi1
Msg: 811
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2008 9:18:43 AM
Give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obama had to MOVE HIS ACCEPTANCE SPEECH INTO Mile High, seating 84,000 people. . . He gathered for one speech approximately 20% of the entire population of the State of Alaska.

Ron Paul's gathering is EVERY BIT as large as McCain's, and HE ISN'T EVEN ON ANYONE'S TICKET!!!!!

Grasping at straws!! Obama is a natural born leader that inspired 38,000,000,000 to watch, ranking just below the superbowl and four playoff games, McCain will be luck to out draw the Antique Roadshow, which is his audience!

Palin is a joke and won't be the VP nominee on election day anyway!
 rayzrsharp
Msg: 812
Posted: 9/3/2008 9:20:13 AM
Kaos come on, man. Now be honest with yourself, IF YOU were running for president and BE TOTALLY HONEST WITH THIS... would you have picked Sarah Palin? Be honest... and if your answer is yes than why did YOUR MAIN MAN
Karl Rove suggest that this about GOVERNOR TIM KAINE... here's a clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4qEynSx19E

Explain. Or try to. Thanks.
 Just_2_b_me
Msg: 813
Posted: 9/3/2008 9:24:47 AM

I posted sources from AIP party members, and her own video where she spoke to them as governor.

I watched the video, and I saw a Governor welcoming a political convention to her State/city.

"Your party plays an important role in our state's politics," she said. "I've always said that competition is so good, and that applies to political parties as well

“Your Party” Not my Party, or Our Party, nope it’s pretty clear she said “YOUR PARTY” did you miss that ?

Apparently you also missed ..

On Tuesday night, Ms. Clark ( of the AIP ) said that her initial statement was incorrect and had been based on erroneous information provided by another member of the party whom she declined to identify. The McCain campaign also disputed the Times report, saying that Ms. Palin had been registered consistently as a Republican

Declined to identify .... hmmmm, you mean maybe someone lied ?

If you want to contest some statement of fact in particular, then you have to tell us which one it is and what your evidence is. Otherwise, yours is no more than a board post without reference to fact.

And your evidence is ………

jelunc
Msg: 814
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2008 9:30:19 AM

Declined to identify .... hmmmm, you mean maybe someone lied ?

Actually, I think that means that just as with any group with a membership list the leadership will not divulge individuals on it.
Until someone is a public figure those things are considered private.
 rayzrsharp
Msg: 815
Posted: 9/3/2008 9:32:09 AM
Your right Dance... I should've known better. Thanks.
 packleader
Msg: 816
Posted: 9/3/2008 9:39:10 AM
"Sure being a church goer where a preacher makes an occasional inflamatory statement is exactly the same as being a member of a seperatist party."

Ah,if you refer back to post #1484~~~it would appear that the New York Times has backed off of that story~~~~~~~~~~
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 817
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2008 9:50:03 AM

"Your party plays an important role in our state's politics," she said. "I've always said that competition is so good, and that applies to political parties as well¦ We have a great promise: to be a self-sufficient state." She closed by saying, "Good luck on a successful and inspiring convention. Keep up the good work, and God bless you.""

Using "Your", in the context of Governor, is the correct way to phrase it if you are talking to a group.

It's a message from the Governor to the party.

Here's the fun part.

We have a great promise: to be a self-sufficient state. Good luck on a successful and inspiring convention. Keep up the good work, and God bless you.

This is a self-admitted separatist party, and she wants them to "keep up the good work" , and thinks Alaska can be "self-sufficient".

Todd Palin, husband of Sarah, was a member of the secessionist Alaska Independence Party from 1995 through 2002. That's the information we just got from the Alaska Division of elections.

Probably not coincidentally, 2002 was the first time Sarah Palin ran for statewide office in Alaska.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/9/2/9529/12780/651/583117

"Our current governor who I mentioned at the last conference, the one we were hoping would get elected, Sarah Palin, did get elected . . . .and there was a lot of talk about her moving up. She was an AIP member before she got the job as mayor . .

AIP Vice Chairman of the AIP,
Dexter Clark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHFY1otOWjQ

Earlier this year, Palin sent a video message to the AIP for its annual convention, where AIP vice chair George Clark told the small crowd that Palin "was an AIP member before she got the job as a mayor of a small town –- that was a non-partisan job. But you get along to go along -– she eventually joined the Republican Party, where she had all kinds of problems with their ethics, and well, I won’t go into that. She also had about an 80 percent approval rating, and is pretty well sympathetic to her former membership."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/09/members-of-frin.html

Rogers says that Palin didn’t attend the AIP convention in 1994, "but she visited them when they had their convention in Wasilla in 2000 as a courtesy since she was mayor."

McCain campaign,
Brian Rogers

The McCain campaign may have hoped that the release of voter registration records would put an end to these inquiries, but those records fail to explain away the following:

* Palin's confirmed attendance at the AIP's 1994 Convention
* Her confirmed attendance at the AIP's 2000 Convention
* Her videotaped address to the AIP Convention in 2008, and
* Her husband's almost decade-long membership in the organization.

Mark Chryson, chairman of the AIP from 1995 to 2002 -- tells ABC News that "Palin was at the convention in 1994. She was there."

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/9/3/9424/97589

Seems to be spending an awful lot of time around them, isn't she ?

...the problem remains you have to be at the table in the existing political realm - you have to a demipublican or a republicrat is what we call it...

"Our current governor who I mentioned at the last conference, the one we were hoping would get elected, Sarah Palin, did get elected... and there was a lot of talk about her moving up. She was an AIP member before she got the job as mayor of a small town... but to get along, to go along, she eventually joined the Republican Party."

- SVR Advisory Board member Dexter Clark

Seems to be onboard, as per him.
 Joeld49
Msg: 818
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2008 9:55:56 AM

...you bet we are scared...But it started when a moron occupied the white house 8 yrs ago with the IQ of an idiot in the most powerful position in the USA....

Bush is not a moron. Please don't insult morons anymore.
 exodusi1
Msg: 819
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2008 10:00:35 AM
At least Forrest Gump was kind and accomplished a few things, plus the only running he did in Viet Nam was saving his buddies!
 exodusi1
Msg: 820
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2008 10:03:14 AM
Obama took on the Clinton Political Machine, which is 10 times more impressive than ANY of her accomplishments!
 laxref41
Msg: 821
Posted: 9/3/2008 10:10:25 AM
John McCain could not stand up to the fanatical right and select either Lieberman or Ridge so he caved to their special interest. Is this who i want for president... someone who will completely cave into the demands of religious special interest because they swear to put up a strong fight?

It's not McCain's lack of experience... it's his lack of character.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 822
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2008 10:17:07 AM
Well, let's look at the Church she was a member of, up until 2002.

Hmmm......that year seems to be a really important one, doesn't it ? I wonder why ?

We looked at Obama's quite a bit, didn't we ?

mission statement
"To Know Him, and To Make Him Known"

Everything we do here at Wasilla Assembly of God reflects our Mission Statement. Our worship, preaching, ministries, outreach, fellowship, all of it should cause God to be revealed and cause us to know Him more.

what we believe
16 Fundamental Truths of the Assemblies of God
These are nonnegotiable tenets of faith that all Assemblies of God churches adhere to. This list is derived from the official Statement of Fundamental Truths.

WE BELIEVE...The Scriptures are Inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.

WE BELIEVE...There is only One True God revealed in three persons...Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity).

WE BELIEVE...In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God's son Jesus was both human and divine.

WE BELIEVE...though originally good, Man Willingly Fell to Sin ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.

WE BELIEVE...Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship with God Through Salvation (accepting Christ's offer of forgiveness for sin). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the A/G]

WE BELIEVE...and practice two ordinances (1) Water Baptism by Immersion after repenting of one's sins and receiving Christ's gift of salvation, and (2) Holy Communion (the Lord's Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ's suffering and death for our salvation.

WE BELIEVE...the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a Special Experience Following Salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times. [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the A/G]

WE BELIEVE... The Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is Speaking in Tongues, as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles.

WE BELIEVE...Sanctification Initially Occurs at Salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christlike.

WE BELIEVE...The Church has a Mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe 'the Church' is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God's offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.

WE BELIEVE...A Divinely Called and Scripturally Ordained Leadership Ministry Serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, and to build up or edify the body of believers the Church.

WE BELIEVE...Divine Healing of the Sick is a Privilege for Christians Today and is provided for in Christ's atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the A/G]

WE BELIEVE...in The Blessed Hope.� When Jesus Raptures His Church Prior to His Return to Earth (the second coming). At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever. [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the A/G]

WE BELIEVE...in The Millennial Reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. At that time many in the nation of Israel will recognize and accept Him as the Messiah, the Savior who died for them and all mankind.

WE BELIEVE...A Final Judgment Will Take Place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.

WE BELIEVE...and look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. 'And so shall we forever be with the Lord!'

Official Statement Concerning Governor Palin

Governor Sarah Palin did attend Wasilla Assembly of God since the time she was a teen ager. She and her family were a part of the church up until 2002. Since that time she has maintained a friendship with Wasilla Assembly of God and has attended various conferences and special meetings here. This June, the Governor spoke at the graduation service of our School of Ministry, Master's Commission Wasilla Alaska.

http://wasillaag.org

How active did Palin become in the Assemblies of God once she was re-baptized?

She was active in high school. She used to sign her yearbook with Bible verses. She was the leader of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes at her high school. She was a basketball star, and as a junior her team went to a state tournament in Juneau and they lost a really close game. The coaches told me a story about the game, where the following morning the coaches met for breakfast and they didn't see the girls. They waited for the girls to come down from their hotel rooms and wondered if they had stayed up all night and partied. And the coaches got up to walk out and saw the girls walking back from somewhere. They had Bibles in their hands. They'd gotten up early to go the church. And Sarah Palin was kind of the ringleader. It was pretty telling.

Today she attends an Assemblies of God Church in Anchorage and a nondenominational church back home in Wasilla, right?

It's a Bible church that she attends in Wasilla, a nondenominational church. So her faith tradition is eccentric in the sense that she's a Christian but doesn't hold one tradition in higher esteem than the other.

http://blog.beliefnet.com/godometer/2008/09/godometer-qa-with-sarah-palins.html

So there you go, the basics of her spiritual beliefs, with the information we have so far.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 825
Posted: 9/3/2008 10:30:56 AM

Isn't there a difference between running a campaign, and actually running a real live government - maybe not.

Yeah, but if you can't run a campaign well you definitely won't be able to run a real live government well.

If you pick the wrong people in the campaign, you're probably going to pick the wrong people in government.

If you can't inspire and persuade on the stump, you won't be able to do it in a State of the Union.

If you can't manage your budget in the campaign, you shouldn't be handling the finances of the country.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin [CLOSED Thread]