Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin [CLOSED Thread]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 faith2565
Msg: 1111
view profile
History
It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah PalinPage 43 of 104    (29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69)
Obama is not losing.
-------------------------------------------------
GALLUP POLL - ELECTION NEWS

Gallup Daily: Obama 47%, McCain 45%
September 17, 2008
The Sept. 14-16 Gallup Poll Daily tracking update shows Barack Obama with 47% support among registered voters, and John McCain with 45%; although not a statistically significant lead for Obama, this marks the first time since the week of the Republican National Convention that McCain has not held at least a slight edge.
---------------------------------------------
CNN's National Poll of Polls

Barack Obama 46%

John McCain 45%
RECENT POLLS: 9/17 | 9/16 | 9/15 | 9/13
CNN's "poll of polls" consists of four surveys: IPSOS-McClatchy (Sept. 11-15), Gallup (Sept. 14-16), Diageo/Hotline (Sept. 14-16) and American Research Group (Sept. 13-15). The poll of polls showed 9% unsure; it does not have a sampling error. More polls

in, Obama tied in 5 battleground states

CNN/Time Magazine/Opinion Research Corp. polls released Wednesday

Poll shows the race for Florida and its 27 electoral votes,is tied
The race, according to the poll, is also tight in Ohio, which has 20 electoral votes
In Indiana, the survey puts McCain up by six points, 51 percent to 45 percent

From Paul Steinhauser
CNN Deputy Political Director

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- New polls in five battleground states that could decide the presidency suggest the fight for the White House between Sens. John McCain and Barack Obama remains a dead heat.

A new poll out Wednesday shows a virtually tied race between John McCain and Barack Obama in key states.

The CNN/Time Magazine/Opinion Research Corp. polls out Wednesday indicate the race for Florida and its 27 electoral votes is tied.

Florida decided the 2000 election between then-Texas Gov. George W. Bush and then-Vice President Al Gore. Four years ago, President Bush won Florida by 5 points over Sen. John Kerry.......................

----------------------------------------------------
Election 2008 McCain Obama Spread
RCP National Average 45.7 45.7 Tie
Favorable Ratings +16.3 +17.3 Obama +1.0
Intrade Market Odds 49.0 48.3 -
Electoral College McCain Obama Spread
RCP Electoral Count 221 207 McCain +14
No Toss Up States 259 252 McCain +7
Battleground States McCain Obama Spread
Michigan 45.2 47.2 Obama +2.0
Ohio 47.3 45.4 McCain +1.9
Pennsylvania 45.7 47.3 Obama +1.6
Virginia 47.6 46.2 McCain +1.4
Colorado 46.7 47.3 Obama +0.6
Florida 49.4 44.4 McCain +5.0
All Battleground States | Senate Polls | Latest Polls

----------------------------------------

Racism is still an issue for Obama, but he can not change his race.
---------------------------------------

For Obama, Race Remains Elephant in the Room
By MICHAEL GRUNWALD Monday, Sep. 15, 2008
Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama speaks during a Sept. 4 rally in Lancaster, Pa.
Chris Gardner / Getty Images
Print
EmailShare
ReprintsRelated
On a swing through Pennsylvania last month, John McCain visited a Manheim Central High School football practice — not to ingratiate himself with the players, who weren't even old enough to vote, but to identify himself with the gritty, down-home, lunch-bucket values of small-town football. "This is a blue-collar town," Manheim's coach said in his introduction of McCain. "We don't have a lot of flashy athletes. We don't come out with a lot of flash." But the coach explained that his team works hard, plays with discipline and comes through in the end. "A lot like John McCain," he said.

-----------------------------------------

Now FoxNews does have McCain in the lead by 3%. I wonder who did they poll.
-----------------------------------------

FOX News Poll: McCain Leads Obama 45% to 42%
A shift in voting preferences among independents gives McCain a slim lead over Obama
-------------------------------------------
Obama/Biden 08
 faith2565
Msg: 1112
view profile
History
It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin
Posted: 9/17/2008 8:28:33 PM
A very good friend of mine just sent me this poll.

McCain is not leading. You guys need to look at more than one poll. I tried to post as many as I could.

======================
Poll: Obama regains lead over McCain nationally

THE NUMBERS: Barack Obama 48 percent, John McCain 43 percent.

----------------------------------------------

McCain is no longer in the lead. Do I need to repost the other polls?

Gallup Daily: Obama 47%, McCain 45%
September 17, 2008
The Sept. 14-16 Gallup Poll Daily tracking update shows Barack Obama with 47% support among registered voters, and John McCain with 45%; although not a statistically significant lead for Obama, this marks the first time since the week of the Republican National Convention that McCain has not held at least a slight edge.

CNN's National Poll of Polls

Barack Obama 46%
John McCain 45%
RECENT POLLS: 9/17 | 9/16 | 9/15 | 9/13
CNN's "poll of polls" consists of five surveys: CBS/NYT (Sept. 12-16), IPSOS-McClatchy (Sept. 11-15), Gallup (Sept. 14-16), Diageo/Hotline (Sept. 14-16) and American Research Group (Sept. 13-15). The poll of polls showed 9% unsure; it does not have a sampling error. More polls
----------------------------------------------

Don't forget FoxNews
FOX News/Opinion Dynamics Poll
Date: 9/8-9
Added: 9/10/08

John McCain 45%
Barack Obama 42%
Source

-------------------------------------

Obama is truly overall in the lead.
 Brizo
Msg: 1113
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2008 10:31:26 PM
Once the debates start I think you'll see the gap widen.

I don't choose my candidate along party lines, race or sex....so being female or black or a WASP doesn't matter....I choose my candidate on their education level, and temperament, their platform, speeches, and how well they debate.

The debates help me decide because they're on their own. You get to see how quickly the candidates think , and how well they can communicate. After all, choosing a president isn't only about domestic issues, we're choosing someone who represents us to the rest of the world, and negotiates our interests.

I doubt Sarah is going to do very well...
 faith2565
Msg: 1114
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2008 12:12:58 AM
They are grooming her as we speak. She is getting the cliff notes of government.
 flawedbutfun
Msg: 1115
Posted: 9/18/2008 4:42:34 AM
I'll take that bet....
 angelsands
Msg: 1116
Posted: 9/18/2008 5:08:13 AM
Ms. reddwine, just for Your information, on average, OUR computers ARE hacked ONCE A MONTH... Probably even more if You are a "celebrity".
 angelsands
Msg: 1117
Posted: 9/18/2008 9:42:45 AM
That You are accusing people with out HAVING factual evidence of it.!! As a matter of fact, I AM SURPRISED IT DID NOT HAPPENED ANY SOONER.. After all the publicity that was created because of her. AND NOT BECAUSE OF HER INTELLIGENCE THAT IS FOR SURE.!! To tell You the truth, I don't believe " the opposition" did it. If You want to believe that, that is up to You. Probably a kid somwhere in Malasya is laughing at the whole ordeal right now. And of course, the media is having a lot of fun with it..
 Thatguy67
Msg: 1118
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2008 3:55:35 PM
Yep, it was the talk of POF yesterday. They're phasing some of the forums out.

Outdoor2
Msg: 1119
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2008 10:27:06 PM

So, if it turns out you're right and I'm off base, I will acknowledge that I guessed wrong. It very well may be a college kid.

A group of them...Anonymous...they've been around before...

Anyhoo...I heard McCain (with how many years in DC?) blame Obama (with how many years is DC?) for the latest financial crisis.

BTW....the last few days are just the tip of the really freaking big iceberg....
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 1120
Posted: 9/18/2008 10:34:22 PM
The Palin effect is over. The polls are all leaning to Obama now.

This link takes you to the NY Times and you can pick every poll out there - they're pretty much all leaning 3 - 7 points for Obama/Biden:
http://elections.nytimes.com/2008/president/whos-ahead/polling/index.html#US_22
 spitfire6844
Msg: 1121
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2008 11:10:58 PM
Even Newt Gingrich didn't want to answer when asked to critique Sarah's bumbling interview with Sean Hannity, turning the question right back to Sean. Hannity himself struggled to describe her performance until he finally came up with "she's authentic".

The truth is that she stunk up the joint.

This election has been a great battle of wits between McCain and Obama. They have both been master campaigners throughout most of the race. McCain may have made a fatal mistake with this V.P. pick, though.
 Eric2008
Msg: 1122
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2008 11:20:40 PM
edit: You sir, are INCREDIBLY feeble-minded!

This is an example according to one of our moderators of flame-baiting and one of the reasons we have lost the current events and politics forums.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 1123
Posted: 9/18/2008 11:33:29 PM
Please, regardless of how strongly your feel, please don't do this.

One poster was just saying that he felt Palin didn't do well in the interview. That's all. Different people can see the same thing and come away with different conclusions.

I never saw it; I haven't seen it on YouTube. I have no idea how she did. But please don't name call because you disagree.
 spitfire6844
Msg: 1124
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2008 11:39:48 PM
Anyone who looks at my posting history would see that I originally thought Sarah would be a good addition to the Republican ticket. Many people had an open mind about her based on her biography and her achievements. That positive opinion of her is quickly evaporating. I watched the Gibson interview; the speech at the Republican convention; and the Hannity interview, and gave her every opportunity to demonstrate that she has a mastery of the economy, foreign policy, and other issues. She does not.

Sarah has performed poorly at every venue.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 1125
Posted: 9/18/2008 11:46:53 PM
On the first page (I think) of this, I also commented that I thought she was a good pick.

I think I said McCain had hit a home run.

But the more we learn about her, the less and less she seems like a wise choice. And the poll numbers are bearing that out - her approval ratings fell by 10% in a week.
 flyonthewall!
Msg: 1126
Posted: 9/19/2008 8:08:22 AM
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ That doesn't work too well anymore. Most cars have daylights now, so the headlights are on 24 hours a day. I know it's a joke, but just saying . . .
 spitfire6844
Msg: 1127
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2008 8:14:51 AM

I want to give her a chance to prove herself. You have to remember only half of what "they" say about her is true, the other half are hoaxes.

She's had chances to prove herself through her own interviews with Gibson and Hannity. Sean Hannity is as sympathetic an interviewer as Sarah is ever going to have, and she still fumbled and bumbled her way through some unprofessional-sounding answers. She is not a star (at least on the national scene), and she's not going to make it.

Sarah Palin deserves respect for what she has done in Wasilla and for being able to get elected Governor of Alaska; but she has reached the limit of her political acumen.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 1128
Posted: 9/19/2008 8:28:39 AM

I want to give her a chance to prove herself.

The thing is, she not taking the chance to prove herself.

If she were up to the job, she'd be out talking to the press. If Larry King scares you, you're not really ready to be a heartbeat away from the Presidency. She doesn't even go back and chat with the press on her campaign jet - they're keeping her in a bubble.

One interview with a journalist and one infomercial with Sean Hannity ain't gonna cut it.
 zabet
Msg: 1129
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2008 9:50:30 AM
I think you may have missed halftime's point which is that Palin has not been taking every opportunity she could to do interviews. If she really wanted to prove herself she'd be talking way more to the press than she is. Maybe she had two off days, maybe if she'd done dozens of interviews in the last few weeks we would find out that she's very knowledgeable and competent. (Personally, I tend to doubt it, but hey, that's just my opinion.) Why isn't she doing more interviews?
 spitfire6844
Msg: 1130
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2008 10:03:12 AM

So, she only gets two short interviews and THEN shes burned at the stake..

No one wants to burn her at the stake. People are saying that she shouldn't be Vice President of the United States. The interviews weren't short. They were comprehensive. The one with Hannity lasted close to an hour, spread over two nights. Both interviewers bent over backwards to give Sarah the chance to define herself, her goals, and her positions. By most accounts, both conservative and liberal, she came off very poorly.

It's pointless to support someone who is obviously not up to the task. The McCain campaign shielding her does her no favors, and the road will get harder for Palin here on out, not easier. What the McCain campaign ought to do (and I'm dead serious about this), is to advise Sarah to pull out of the race, citing the impending investigations in Alaska and personal issues. Then, McCain can replace her with a running mate who will be an asset to that campaign. It's not too late.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 1131
Posted: 9/19/2008 10:56:03 AM

I wonder where I'll be typing this stuff, now that POF wants us to leave.

I think they're leaving this alone if you can get to it. it means nobody new is going to get in.

They also seem to be leaving it unmoderated, so it's actually kind of good that everyone is staying civil since we don't want to lose this access. Kind of a "If you don't stop your bickering I'm turning this car around."

That never worked for me or my dad, but it seems to be working here.
 Eric2008
Msg: 1132
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2008 1:10:38 PM
If she wanted to prove herself, innocent she would cooperate with those investigating "troopergate" instead of appointing new investigators of her choosing. She was a piss poor choice for VP.

You wouldn't cooperate with an investigator who has already implied that he is going to find against you Would you?I mean he has already said to reporters that she better get ready for her October surprise.And he has made no secret of the fact that he is a BIG Obama supporter.So if we dunk you in the water Mrs. Palin and you float you must be guilty but if you sink you're innocent.

Give me a break the investigation is simply an Obama commercial.The guy she fired tried to go behind her back and get the legislature to re-instate the budget he wanted over the one she approved.He needed to be fired because he was insubordinate.Now her brother-in-law admitted to using the taser on his 10 year-old step-son.Now he needs to be in jail.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 1133
Posted: 9/19/2008 1:47:15 PM
Actually, I'm also thinking that most of the really virulent posters were hit and runners - they had no info about themselves on their profiles; just wanted to come in and scream at someone.

So it's just people who disagree here now, but not who want to insult others needlessly. A little taunting is only to be expected.
 angelsands
Msg: 1134
Posted: 9/19/2008 1:53:44 PM
Just wondering why is most of You wasting Your timetalking about someone that is NOT going to be at the position for long. That is, if Mr. McCain wins. Because if you people that back Mr. McCain, thinks that she is going to be in the job for a WHOLE TERM.. uhh..I have my doubts.. IF... and I repeat, IF Mr. McCain wins, she would not be in the VP slot more than a year. She is being use and she doesn't even realize it..!! She is nothing but a dispossable "item" for the guys in Washington that are really worried that they will lose power.. No, I am not talking about Mr. Bush. He is another puppet...

faith2565
Msg: 1135
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2008 2:14:22 PM
My father called me to tell me last night on MSNBC they continued to report that she is calling it the Palin/McCain ticket.

Now who is the real rock star?
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin [CLOSED Thread]