Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin [CLOSED Thread]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cncgandolf
Msg: 101
view profile
History
It looks like McCain's VP pick is................................Page 5 of 104    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
"love to hear both Male and Female perspectives on this claim of SEXISM."
"You now claim to know McCain motives?"

No claim. McCain himself said it was the reason. Have to give him credit for being honest that he was trying to pull the disenfranchised vote for a woman democrat primary voters ... who obviously were not voting for Hilary if they think Palin is even a shadow of her qualifications.

Yes, he is pulling the sexist vote. The really powerful women were voting for the powerful candidate they backed. We didn't decide based upon gender. Personally, I would have backed either Hilary or Obama. However, there are sexist women out there who were only voting based upon gender and he can pull them.
 rayzrsharp
Msg: 102
It looks like McCain's VP pick is................................
Posted: 8/29/2008 1:22:34 PM
Reddwine why don't you like Obama? I asked this of Apologist but she backed off. Now, I'm not taunting I'm curious why you wouldn't vote for him. Please be specific. Oh and why is this such a brilliant pick over the other qualified republican women he could've chosen? Ones that will have given Biden a run for his money. What are you thoughts on these questions?
 cncgandolf
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 1:22:35 PM
"How in the HELL can you compare JFK with Obama or Clinton (aside from maybe as a womanizer)?"

Huh? This is the first I have ever heard of any hint of Obama as a womanizer? Please send me the source of this one. Please back this one up.
 exodusi1
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 1:22:45 PM
After that speech last night, I don't think there's any question who has the moxie and intelligence to lead our nation, FINALLY, into the 21st century!
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 1:24:44 PM
Muhahahaha the rights are coming out in full force on this thread.

Awesome. Keep them coming.
 motownmaniax
Msg: 106
Posted: 8/29/2008 1:26:23 PM
Unless Obama/Biden self-destruct they should have this election sewed up. It's there for the taking now.

Mo
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 1:26:52 PM
Muhahahaha the rights are coming out in full force on this thread.

Awesome. Keep them coming.
 o4
Msg: 108
Posted: 8/29/2008 1:27:10 PM
A smart guy with moxie alright, no disagreement there!

Just no experience to really speak of and incorrect vision ta boot.
 StrangerInTheHouse
Msg: 109
Posted: 8/29/2008 1:31:48 PM

You have to be pretty delusional if you think Hilary supports are going to vote republican just because you could have a woman VP.

I'm sure some of Hillary's supporters were swing voters who aren't deeply committed to either party. Those are the ones who determine who's going to win, usually... or at least when it's close...

I disagree that it was a dumb move. I think McCain is making the most of his opportunity. I think there are many voters who'll vote for him and Palin, because women are very underrepresented in government. That's not a dem/repub issue at all.
 Rythmn
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 1:32:04 PM
ugh. another oil puppet. doubt she will get the hillary vote. my first reaction: stupid. upon further perusal: scary, not stupid.
 rayzrsharp
Msg: 111
Posted: 8/29/2008 1:33:27 PM
I'm finding this idea of Obama being all talk very interesting because what else is he to do at this point? All the candidates are all talk right now. What else is he supposed to say if he doesn't make promises? Even if its promises he can't keep yet? He has to offer up something. He's damned if he does and dammed if he doesn't.

I think the truth of those who support McCain is becoming more and more obvious by your thinly veiled reasonings against Obama. Just come right out say why you wouldn't vote for the guy and be specific. Nobody is being specific as to why they WONT vote for Obama. And I mean real hard factual citable reasons why. I'm sure every person posting on these boards can point out with specifics, links, video etc why they wouldn't vote for John McCain, but I have yet to see any links, video or citable specifics why you wont vote for Barack. That leads me to believe the real reason why you wont vote for him is something other than his views which most fail to point out with specifics. And if I'm wrong, please SHOW ME that I'm wrong. I'm all about truth be it painful or not. At least then you can honestly asses a situation, decision or choice even if you don't like it. But basing things off of speculation, assumption and emotional, irrational reasoning is just crazy. So again, why is Barack Hussien Obama not fit to be the President. Specifics please. Thanks.
 exodusi1
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 1:36:32 PM
O4;

His vision is the American dream. . . What is so wrong with that?

He is reaching out for cooperation in running OUR country.

He asked; we may have our differences on issues like guns and abortion, but can't we agree that keeping AK-47s out of the hands of gangs, or work to reduce unwanted pregnancy? He also said, in no uncertain terms that this country is so brokenn, it is going to take MUTUAL sacrifice to overcome. . . He called on all of use to work together to effect change.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 1:38:16 PM
Watching Bob Beckel's face after hearing the news was freaking priceless man! He was in total shock.

I don't know how many times I rewinded that shot just to see his face go from normal to WTF shock.
 rayzrsharp
Msg: 114
Posted: 8/29/2008 1:43:26 PM
^^^^^Agreed 100% !!! That's why it's amazing to me that people would vote against Obama. He's pledging to help the very people who WOULDNT vote for him! And who DONT agree with him. He's reaching to the very core essence of who we claim to be as Americans. Thats transcendental! He addressed every issue at the heart and provide a strong challenge for us all to dig deep and come together. What the hell is wrong with that?!!

I can't wait to see the republican convention as well as the debates. This is sooo fascinating. And I usually can't stand politics.
 motownmaniax
Msg: 115
Posted: 8/29/2008 1:45:27 PM
Reddwine: Shes only running for VICE president. NObama, on the other hand, is the one that will be leading..ummm, wait, or will it be Biden? I get confussed as they were both introduced as the next president.

Redd, you're forgetting if elected, McCain will be the oldest president ever, and as such might not serve out his term. As veep she would take over, so her experience is TOTALLY germane, especially if you're going to attack Obama on the same issue? If McCain attacked Obama on that point now he'd look ridiculous and be easily dismissed.
 The Artful Codger
Msg: 116
McCain's VP pick...
Posted: 8/29/2008 1:47:17 PM
I am neither surprised by the Republican party's strategy of choosing a woman as their candidate's running mate,
nor the timing of the announcement. But it is reactive, not proactive.
Expedient perhaps, in terms of this competition for power...but more about salesmanship, than leadership.
 rayzrsharp
Msg: 117
It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin
Posted: 8/29/2008 1:50:42 PM
Thanks for the correction Apologist. I will do just that!
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 1:51:33 PM
John Edwards future runs are over after that mess he got himself into. It's bad enough to cheat on your wife but it's completely deplorable to do it while she is going through all that breast cancer treatment. Edwards is a complete douche for that.
 exodusi1
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 1:55:00 PM
Rayzer;

You can still get tickets!

flyguy51
Msg: 120
Posted: 8/29/2008 1:57:49 PM

This could be the first time a Presidental candidate with no experience pointed out the other parties vice presidential candidate has no experience and thinks it's a problem.

I haven't heard Obama voice this complaint. If you have, please indicate where. The bigger point is that now McCain cannot chastize Obama's relative lack of experience-- at least not with much credibility at all...
 SwampHunter
Msg: 121
Posted: 8/29/2008 2:06:46 PM
LOL! Wait - HER lack of foriegn policy experience?

TOO FUNNY!

Mark
 badge3939
Msg: 123
Posted: 8/29/2008 2:08:39 PM
Have not read all the posts, yet. It must be a great pick on Mc Cains part.

Just comparing The Obama VP pick tread and this one. He only got 6 pages the first 2 days 15 pages right now on here. Mc Cain is all ready up to 11 pages. The day not over.

Just based on that it must be a great pick. With all the slamming of his pick. The Dems really must be scared.
We know after the new polls come out. How many points he goes up or down.
 SwampHunter
Msg: 124
Posted: 8/29/2008 2:08:51 PM
At least McCain didn't completely DISS Hillary and the millions of WOMEN who supported her!

Now what I wana know is - where are all the folks who said we should vote for Hillary because she's a woman and could be the first female President?

Here's your chance - the next best thing - put a woman in as VP since OBAMA refused to do so!

Mark
 rayzrsharp
Msg: 125
Posted: 8/29/2008 2:11:55 PM
Badger Bill why would you think Dems are scared? Because of pages on POF? This is not a great pick. If Pat Buchanan thinks this is a huge risk, that speaks volumes in itself.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin [CLOSED Thread]