Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin [CLOSED Thread]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 176
It looks like McCain's VP pick is................................Page 8 of 104    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
McClain gets my big Mac Daddy award. Yeah, his VP pick makes his inexperience whine seem even more silly. Yes, she is currently under investigation in her tiny(pop)state for corruption. Yes, her position is opposite that of most women in the USA on many if not most issues. Yes, its an obvious and utterly insulting and pathetic ploy to induce "Hillary supporters" dispite the fact that she has no similarities to Hillary in any area but gender! But hey, even at 72 Johnny boy cant pass up wanting to be in the company of a pretty woman. The McClain croonies must have been saying RRRROUf Roof Roof Roof YOU Go Johnny Mac!
 Barredbard
Msg: 177
view profile
History
It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin
Posted: 8/29/2008 5:25:56 PM
I agree. I'm just not in alignment at ALL with what he's preaching. But on the other hand too, I'm not as afraid of him and what he's preaching any more the way I was say a few months ago when I didn't even have a sense of him and first heard him

It is gratifying to find a conservative who is not afraid of Obama or his preaching - other than a nascent tingling in his posterior. Being fearful, of course, is not to be confused with being unaccountably uneasy, or being somewhat nervous at Obama's prospects for gaining the White House. And as far as 'doing nothing' is concerned, a President who remains quiescent is infinitely more appealing than one who is filled with a zeal to do something without having a clue about the right thing to do. W. Bush did do something. How I wish he hadn't.
 o4
Msg: 178
Posted: 8/29/2008 5:26:16 PM
Able hands capable of doing great things. Let's not shortchange America any more! Life is life. I repeat: GO SARAH!!!!!

(I guess maybe your point of view works if you see everyone walking around as a nothing more than ever being capable of being a welfare recipient....I have higher hopes and expectations myself)
 nipoleon
Msg: 179
view profile
History
It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Pain
Posted: 8/29/2008 5:32:09 PM
Former beauty queen, eh ?
I wonder if there are any stray nude pics of her anywhere ?
 o4
Msg: 180
Posted: 8/29/2008 5:35:33 PM
^LOL! Miss August of 1983....ALL THE MORE reason to vote M/P!
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 5:37:38 PM
She looks better looking then Hillary’s old wrinkly ass, that's for damn sure. God, just the thought of seeing Hillary nude made me throw up a little in my mouth.
 rayzrsharp
Msg: 182
Posted: 8/29/2008 5:37:39 PM
Interesting..... check it out. ... http://www.blog.newsweek.com/blogs/tamcam/archive/2008/08/29/tamcam-hoyer-palin-worse-than-quayle.aspx
 flyonthewall!
Msg: 183
Posted: 8/29/2008 5:37:51 PM
Down boy. She was a beauty queen, not a stripper.

Plus she's a fundamentalist Christian married to her HS boyfriend. I bet you couldn't even find a cleavage shot, much less nude pics.
 Ezzee
Msg: 184
It looks like McCain's VP pick is................................
Posted: 8/29/2008 5:38:14 PM

Hell, McCain can't even fill up the 12,000-seat Nutter Center (yes, it's called the Nutter Center -- evidently the GOP is tone-deaf, too).

This means absolutely NOTHING.

Au contraire. It means John McCain's campaign is dying. Obama can pack a 75,000 seat stadium to standing-room-only, but McCain couldn't even bring a small college athletic center to capacity. The camera angles couldn't even hug McCain tight enough to keep from seeing the empty bleachers.....

Or it means that his supporters are out working and making an honest living instead of sitting at home making more babies to either abort or collect a large portion of welfare on.

Either way, I think we still are not sure about one thing.

As democrats have claimed for the past 8 years,****Cheney was pulling the strings on George W. Bush. But yet, no one has yet to question whether or not Joe Biden is pulling the strings on Barrack Hussein Obama. Similar situation, you know it is quite possible.

As for the question why I won't vote for Barrack Hussein Obama, its quite simple. His message of "change" to me is a joke right now. Let's think about this, redistribution of wealth helps no one (cause lord knows that the energy companies won't find a way to make up the losses from his "taxes"), I think he is completely wrong on abortion. His plank on disabilities which states "And fourth, support independent, community-based living for Americans with disabilities." is completely sickening tome as a person with disabilities. Can anyone say group homes? His America Opportunity Tax Credit in Higher Education would barely cover the costs of education for the first semester at most public universities. He wants to provide all these cuts to working families and others, but then wants to increase spending in other areas which financially makes no sense.

These are just a few problems I have with Barrack Hussein Obama's platform.

Are there some things I agree with him on? Sure. But I disagree with him more than I agree with him. That is why I will not vote for Barrack Hussein Obama.
 cncgandolf
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 5:43:35 PM
" He has opposed the free provision of emergency contraception to rape victims. Would she?"

Excuse me... question.... it has been standard emergency room practice as part of rape treatment to prevent impregnation .. a D&C is standard procedure. I've checked this with every emergency room doctor I have met for the last 3 decades.

Are the extremist anti-abortionists trying to stop this? Even the majority of Republican women are not part of such an extremist group.

ps. On the news, they are saying Palin is not a girly girl and is sensitive to women's issues because she hunts and fishes. Sorry, that is totally out of touch. Nomadic stated it well. She is not sensitive to women's issues if she is an extreme anti-reproductive responsibility. Extremist do not reflect the views of the majority of women in either party .

check back ... I am not pro-abortion ... but I do NOT align with Palin in the least. We need a new word for the pro-moderates who want pregnancy prevention (which is possible for 9 days after having sex) without being for abortion as a primary form of birth control. I do not believe it is a slippery slope. I think it is possible to set some limits. No rights are meant to be unlimited. That's one of the reasons why I like Obama's position he stated in his speech.
 o4
Msg: 187
I LIKE McCain's VP pick in Sarah Palin!!!
Posted: 8/29/2008 5:48:47 PM
She's getting better by the minute!
 exodusi1
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 5:49:19 PM
Fundamentalist Christian. . .

Strike one!
 o4
Msg: 189
Posted: 8/29/2008 5:52:54 PM

Fundamentalist Christian. . .

Strike one!

umm....So have you seen all of the bible in Obama's presentations? You can't escape it this year Exi. Trouble is though, oh never mind, we've done the abortion discussions...just another case of where your candidate can't come through with an inspired decision...
 o4
Msg: 190
Posted: 8/29/2008 5:54:57 PM
^ That's not "in the sand", - THAT'S called real change!
 exodusi1
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 5:56:33 PM
What about the 18,000 that die EVERY year because they don't have health insurance? Are their lives not worth saving?
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 5:58:27 PM
It's called polititans slappin each others asses. You slap mine, i'll slap yours. Everyone knows the real reason why McCain picked her to try to pull in the undecided women vote. If hillary was the VP to Obama then McCain would have picked Romney.
 o4
Msg: 194
Posted: 8/29/2008 6:01:43 PM
First, your numbers are out of whack if I'm following correctly. We're comparing OVER A MILLION A YEAR vs 18,000 a year ????

Second, I'm still looking for fundamental rights to health insurance as being one of the things the constitution talks about as being one of the things that the government is supposed to furnish upon request.......Oh ya, here it is.....under the "yet another unfunded mandate" section.
 exodusi1
Msg: 195
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 6:10:05 PM
Where does it say in the Constitution that life begins at conception?

The Constitution is a living document, designed to adapt to the times. To promote the General welfare can be interprested as healthcare by our generation. . . Doctors were little more than charlatons in 1776. Today they perform what our founding fathers would have considered miracles. CPR is only 50 years old, they didn't know what a virus or bacteria was in 1776. If the founding fathers could have increased their lifespans from 40-75 years, they would have done so without hesitation!

You cannot disregard that PURE greed kills 18,000 Americans every year. Your argument against abortion is invalid if you don't value all human life. It is just pontificating. You HAVE to be willing to put your money where your mouth is.

I am on the high road on this. I have a great job, with great health insurance. I don't pay a very large premium. So, a national healthcare system would likely cost me far more than I am now paying. However, I am willing to do so to reduce the senseless deaths. I am also willing to have some of my hard earned dollars go to social programs to help a poor woman raise her child, instead of aborting. Saying she has to have the child, but being unwilling to assist with their living conditions is not a Christian Value.

None of them, Bush, McCain, et al; are Christians. Obama is a Christian, he wants to help the poor rise to be self sufficient, wants to reduce abortions by reducing unwanted pregancies or by providing assistance if they have the child. Thoise are Christian Values, not the republicans!
 flyonthewall!
Msg: 196
Posted: 8/29/2008 6:10:19 PM

VP who has NO national level exposure at all?

Better a VP with no national level experience, than a PRESIDENT with no national level experience.
 PurpleCrayon~
Msg: 197
Posted: 8/29/2008 6:10:22 PM

You slap mine, i'll slap yours. Everyone knows the real reason why McCain picked her to try to pull in the undecided women vote.

Kinda like Obama choosing Biden to make up for Obama's lack of experience?

McCain made a smart and savvy move by choosing a bright, well grounded person who has executive duties experience...in Palin.

McCain/Palin '08 & '12!
 exodusi1
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 6:19:13 PM
I think he will do so well, he gets four more years to do more!
 o4
Msg: 199
Posted: 8/29/2008 6:20:06 PM
To promote the General welfare

I expect the government to put practices into place that will protect me and you from plagues and contageous diseases (ie: airborn/waterborn type commonly communicated, etc). The problem with the government guaranteeing healthcare beyond that, is where does it stop? Does anyone that needs one at the drop of a hat get millions of dollars in treatments as a part of a government sponsored freebee just get it?

Saying she has to have the child, but being unwilling to assist with their living conditions is not a Christian Value.

Exi, as Christians we are called to help and assist everywhere we can when we see need. You and I are in full agreement that people who need help should get help. Where you and I are in FULL DISAGREEMENT however is just where that help should come from. You are looking to government to deliver everything. I'm not prone to support everyone sucking off of that *** for everything however. It's not the correct place nor the correct agency. Human to human is the way Christ taught it, not government to human. There's also reasons that it is that way too.............it allows the act of giving and not just the act of taking away (by Ceasar).

The last paragraph is so upside down, I wouldn't know where to start. First, Chirst taught self-responsibility...should we just start there first? Oh, of course though, I also remember him endorsing all about fornication and adultery though too....... PLEASE don't pick and choose your verses out of the bible. I will bring you a full book personally in Phoenix before the end of the year if you really need one.
 exodusi1
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 6:27:51 PM
O4;

It works in EVERY other industrialized country. EVERY ONE. Is America so much worse than ALL of our rivals that we can't find a way to take care of all of our citizens? I believe in America enought to believe we can take care of all of our people.

He taught relying on one another. . .

We the people of the United States of American, in order to form a more perfect union. . . We are the government. . . We can chose to use our wonderful system to ensure that everyone is provided with quality healthcare. It should be a right, not a privilidge to Live.

Is it ok for a dad to die, because he didn't have a good enough job? Is it OK that a family is now going to struggle to survive, much less save their house, because the dad got sick, but couldn't go to a doctor. I'm sorry, there is NO viable excuse against UHC. If you are truly a Christian, the extra 5-6% of your income, that AT MOST you would have to pay to ensure that 18,000 fewer Americans would die each year should be worth it to you.

I don't doubt your sincerity or your values, but they have been skewed and tailored by spin from the right wing. UHC isn't this eveil thing that will bankrupt our nation, or cause more deaths by delays. . . It is an obtainable goal, if we care about our fellow citizens!
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin [CLOSED Thread]