Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TryAgan
Msg: 473
view profile
History
Is sex as important to you as it once was?Page 21 of 28    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28)
^^^
I agree completely with Mr. Rearguard.
So do most of the women here who use every opportunity to emphasize the importance of chemistry.
 TryAgan
Msg: 476
view profile
History
Is sex as important to you as it once was?
Posted: 2/12/2010 5:31:19 AM
^^^
Sex becomes extremely important ..... whenever you not having it.
Then it becomes your main focus. You think about your lack of it all the time.

Not really.
When I'm not having it, I don't think about it, I don't dream about it, I'm not wondering why am I not getting it, it doesn't become my main focus.
However, when the object of my lust is close by, then it becomes extremely important.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 477
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2010 5:42:09 AM
Well, of course I don't necessarily wish to get into the private details of a relationship, however, sex is a broad term, and any relationship in which there has been or is any form of sexual involvement is, to me, a sexual relationship. Just because a couple are, for some reason, unable to achieve male/female penetration does not imply their relationship is not sexual. There are loads of other ways to share physical intimacy, and while a somewhat sloppy use of the term, the loving relationship between a couple can also be a sexual one.

One that is not sexual is one where the participants have not engaged in physical intimacy. One presumes that emotional intimacy can slowly drift towards physical intimacy as well, and at some point it may be reasonable to consider the line having been crossed, even if the act has not taken place. That would be a mutual decision.

What I have found is that many people presume the nature of relationship while denying the reality of it. Sexual desire it to me a biological urge that proceeds independently of other considerations, and unless and until physical intimacy occurs, this desire leave the partners open to other options. Physical intimacy tends to cement the relationship. Until that happens, the biological need will cause people to continue the search for gratification, and they will feel quite psychologically justified in taking such opportunities as arise.

My only point is that if the facts do not include physical intimacy, the relationship is one of friendship, regardless of the thoughts, feelings, hopes and desires of the participants, and that "physical intimacy" has a broad definition.
 TryAgan
Msg: 482
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2010 7:38:58 AM
blueyes - msg 614

So I am lusting over everything not nailed down.

Go, girl. I suspect that your last two posts will create overbooked conditions and havoc for all airlines heading for Springfield this weekend.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 483
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2010 8:00:01 AM

If that was true we would not be so darn picky who we might choose to partner with..

We are not particularly picky. The perception of being picky is related to the plethora of choice in which we live in this particular part of the world in a relatively free society. If you happened to find yourself alone on a deserted island with a male, you would form a sexual relationship with him regardless of his particular qualities.

There is any amount of evidence to support this view. Just as you go about mating cats by putting a male and a female together, the human animal will behave the same given limited choice. Picky behaviour is not an aspect of humanity, its an aspect of the situation you find yourself in. While its certainly mitigated by other issues, both social and societal, sexual desire does proceed independently of those considerations.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 484
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2010 8:02:54 AM

Not really you could really detest one another.. then how would you define it?

I think it quite naive to posit that couples that hate each other do not have sexual relationships. If literature is any indicator, strong emotions of all kinds result in strong sexual bonds between couples.
 Hippiekinkster
Msg: 485
Posted: 2/12/2010 9:55:25 AM

TryAgan: So I am lusting over everything not nailed down.

Go, girl. I suspect that your last two posts will create overbooked conditions and havoc for all airlines heading for Springfield this weekend.
hehe... I'm thinking, "Blueeyes, you've heard of self-gratification, ja? My god, woman, do I have to come to Missouri and Show you?"
 StevieCashmere
Msg: 486
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2010 10:59:32 AM
sex is overrated& a cliche..making love is where a relationship beomes alive

~sc~
 moraima
Msg: 489
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2010 3:15:51 PM
"I think it quite naive to posit that couples that hate each other do not have sexual relationships. If literature is any indicator, strong emotions of all kinds result in strong sexual bonds between couples. "

Gag me

The sad day that I have to have sex with some one I hate will never come.

"Unfortunately, it was the (lack-of) sex that made it crumble...a real Pity, too..."

My guess (yes, just a guess) is that something else was in play before the sex got bad.
 HarrNels
Msg: 493
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2010 11:40:41 PM

If you happened to find yourself alone on a deserted island with a male, you would form a sexual relationship with him regardless of his particular qualities.

Nope. Not me. If I'm not attracted to a man, there's absolutely no way I'd have a sexual relationship with him. The majority of my female friends feel the same way. Sex is important, but I would go without it than have it with someone I'm not attracted to.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 495
Posted: 2/13/2010 10:02:05 AM
well i've got to say yes it is but also as i've got older i've realised a relationship isn't built just on sex

...Yeah but it's a damn good start.

...mae
 Moonchild51
Msg: 496
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2010 10:07:09 AM
^^^Miss Mae! Get yourself under control g/f! lol.....although, have to say I would tend to agree.....
I think it is more important now than it ever was! We have more time, more experience, more of pretty much everything except the sex cuz we are single! lol
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 500
Posted: 2/15/2010 2:25:09 PM

Within 15 minutes he reached in his shirt pocket and brought out a lone blue pill. (I'm serious, he really did!) Showed me the pill and said "I brought this for just in case".

Please tell me you didn't let THIS prize slip between your fingers?
 vapeninsula
Msg: 503
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2010 2:31:09 PM
Yup, just as important as it always was.
 moraima
Msg: 504
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2010 3:22:16 PM
" I guess thats the reason I am on here now, had a girlfriend of almost three years. started off great but the sex life backed off to once a week sometimes once every two weeks . When I asked her about it she said she felt that sex was all I cared about......."

Sex slows when other thing are lacking is my opinion.
 haywiresue
Msg: 505
Posted: 2/16/2010 4:11:18 PM
Interesting question, and some very good answers. For me intimacy is more important than just getting laid. I was once told that intimacy is a dance and intercourse is the bow/curtsey at the end, and I have used this line on numerous occuassions.

Relationships change as time goes on and by the time people are noticing that intimacy has evaporated, means the relationship is in trouble. I have found through my past relationships that not all people are interested in keeping the home fires buring and believe that doing work to pick a mate and then get married is the end of it. To me relationships need to be tended to as one tends their garden. I have always believed that if you want love to endure, you must make it endearing.

This is one of those moments, where one gets smarte wih age. Good luck to everyone.
 URXO2
Msg: 509
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2010 9:19:42 AM
It's important, but not as immediate a need as it once was..what I'm saying is I'd prefer to keep it within the confines of a relationship with someone I've become close..
 Hippiekinkster
Msg: 513
Posted: 2/22/2010 8:55:16 PM
@Hollis: Dude, I'm almost sure her avatar pic is a good 20 years old. Tell me why I think this.
 ThirdTimeAround
Msg: 514
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2010 9:50:10 PM
yepper !!!!

i think as we get older we appreciate sex more.

the longer i am single and the older i get, the more better quality sex i want.

i also feel sexual communication is vital.

no quickies for this lady.
 dd3va
Msg: 515
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2010 12:44:43 PM
It is in the sense that I enjoy it more now than ever because I understand it more now that ever. I know what I like and am comfortable about expressing it. As hot as a good throw down is, isn't love better? Love and great sex, does it exist?
 lateā„¢
Msg: 516
Posted: 2/23/2010 1:02:07 PM

Love and great sex, does it exist?

Most definitely, and these two things when nurtured and expressed with mutual purpose and harmony tend to increase the intensity of the other.

i also feel sexual communication is vital.

To quote Marshall McLuhan, "...the medium IS the message."
 Rythmn
Msg: 520
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2010 12:17:51 AM
only hot, writhing, endless, sensuous sex is important! the rest? i can take it or leave it. alas, it does start with what is between the ears and ends with "who exactly?" is under the sheets!
 StevieCashmere
Msg: 525
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2010 6:30:23 AM
'sex' is a 'chiche, 'making love' is where it's at

~sc~
 dangit1961
Msg: 526
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2010 10:09:48 PM
I like the way you think Baby Girl! For me,we can be good friends, laugh together, enjoy being in each others company, but if we are not good in bed together, the relationship as as good as gone.. It is very important that we enjoy each other's touch. And the way we kiss together is equally important. Usually one can tell by that first kiss.
 dancindeny
Msg: 529
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2010 11:31:48 AM
i like your answers to Is sex as important to you as it once was.i think it is very important to a good relationship. i believe foreplay is the important thing.i am a Scorpio so i love sex and more important is the closeness. i look forward to hearing from you.
Denny
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >