Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dustyknight
Msg: 187
Is sex as important to you as it once was?Page 4 of 28    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28)
I think as a young man sex was more than 75% of my relationships..as I age and am wiser ( I hope) sex is now less than 25% of what a true loving relationship is based on.
I know much has changed as we age..and some still act and think like a 25 yr old..and some of us mellow and what took 3 hours to do in our 20s now can be accomplished in 30 minutes of foreplay.
I lost a relationship because of sex not to long ago..I work 10 hr shifts then work at home and am tired at night..explaining morning is best just doesn't get through to some.
Sex is just not a priority in my life at this point..while I still enjoy it alot..many other facets of life are so much more important..
just saying..
 rustytraveler
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Is sex as important to you as it once was?
Posted: 10/29/2008 2:01:13 PM
Can I have both please........plus the little niggling thought that I can have it tomorrow toooo and actually with the same guy ?
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 195
Posted: 10/29/2008 7:56:49 PM

OK now with that all said and done the guys here have to deal with women that are in their Menopause stage of life whether they admit it or not. Those mood swings can be a challange along with changes in libido and other physical factors.

You put all that together and it does not make a for positive dating experience for both parties

...looks to me like you've been dating the wrong woman...every woman I've talked to that is going through menopause has happily been feeling for more amorous than any other time in their life.

...maeflowers
 OldFolkie
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2008 8:56:25 PM
Mae, perhaps you need a love potion???? You already have the entrancing costume!

If you can find two other PoF'ers to complete the coven, then follow the following potion recipe, absolutely, positively guaranteed by Bill Shakespeare to grant your fondest wishes.

William Shakespeare (1564-1616)
from Macbeth

A dark Cave. In the middle, a Caldron boiling. Thunder.

Enter the three Witches.

1 WITCH. Thrice the brinded cat hath mew'd.
2 WITCH. Thrice and once, the hedge-pig whin'd.
3 WITCH. Harpier cries:—'tis time! 'tis time!
1 WITCH. Round about the caldron go;
In the poison'd entrails throw.—
Toad, that under cold stone,
Days and nights has thirty-one;
Swelter'd venom sleeping got,
Boil thou first i' the charmed pot!
ALL. Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and caldron bubble.
2 WITCH. Fillet of a fenny snake,
In the caldron boil and bake;
Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg, and owlet's wing,—
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.
3 WITCH. Scale of dragon; tooth of wolf;
Witches' mummy; maw and gulf
Of the ravin'd salt-sea shark;
Root of hemlock digg'd i the dark;
Liver of blaspheming Jew;
Gall of goat, and slips of yew
Sliver'd in the moon's eclipse;
Nose of Turk, and Tartar's lips;
Finger of birth-strangled babe
Ditch-deliver'd by a drab,—
Make the gruel thick and slab:
Add thereto a tiger's chaudron,
For the ingrediants of our caldron.
2 WITCH. Cool it with a baboon's blood,
Then the charm is firm and good.

I have a good source for hemlock roots, fenny snake, frog toes and newt eyes (don't ask!), but the other ingredients you'll have to scrounge.
The tough ingredients to find nowadays (apparently a LOT easier in Shakespeare's day) are Turkish noses, Tartar (Central Asian barbarian tribe) lips, and Jewish livers (I'm not EVEN going into the PC connotations here!!!).
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 197
Posted: 10/29/2008 9:54:11 PM
Thanks for the advice...but I've never been too fond of frogs toes and newt eyes, besides....

I took my troubles down to Madame Ruth;
You know the gypsy with the gold capped tooth.
She's got a shop down on 34th and Vine
Selling little bottles of....... Love Potion #9.

....I'll let ya know if that turns out like I'm hoping

...maeflowers
 What Grinds My Gears
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2008 11:05:44 AM
Wow, this thread has had an unexpected benefit for me. To hear all the women here who can not find a man as interested in sex as they are - it makes me know that I am not alone. I am a man who has pretty much lost interest - was feeling like I was the only guy who that happened to. Sure, I admit this doesn't make me "normal" in this area but it helps to know it is not uncommon.
 tmtravlr
Msg: 199
Posted: 11/1/2008 11:26:40 AM
No, I want more and better quality now. I still have the same opinion as I did when I was in my twenies, and thirties. If that doesn't work, than nothing else does either. I want both now, and I'm not going to settle- intellectual stimulation as well as physical.
 whytwater
Msg: 203
Posted: 11/3/2008 7:26:57 AM

A dark Cave. In the middle, a Caldron boiling. Thunder.

Enter the three Witches

Witches get me hard!!!
 fancynanci
Msg: 204
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2008 10:18:00 AM
More important than ever.
 *buzz*
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2008 12:12:21 PM
Ohh ... rythm of "Ring my Bell" is still alive
 selfsong
Msg: 206
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2008 1:10:42 PM
I know as we age, certain priorities come to the forefront. Also physiological and mental changes come into play, which may change or need or want for sex. I`m just curious how aging has effected your sexual appetite, and if good and satisfying sex would be considered imperitive to you in a relationship, and has it`s level of importance when weighing the value of a relationship changed? Would you consider a sexless or less frequent or lower quality sex life now , which you might not have considered when you were younger?

Some good questions here!

Has my age affected my sex drive!!!? Yes, now at times I wonder if it is worth it. Oh by that I mean yes I still think sex is great but wonder if a hookup with another is worth the effort! SO in my case (so far) it is more mental than physiological.

Imperative? Uh yes in a way, to me it has to be fun not a motion or something to do.

Yes the level has changed. Now I want someone I can play with instead of someone to do.

Less frequent yes, lower quality no.
 selfsong
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2008 6:20:51 PM
I am also glad you are not a man

Hey I love being a man, a fun gender and (IMO) much easier than being a female
 swtsunlvr
Msg: 219
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2008 4:59:07 PM
Back when my parents were about the age I am now,I thought they were too old to "do it"...lol...much less understand the passion that was burning inside me. I know now that they were enjoying each other thoroughly and without the possibility of getting pregnant to worry them.
As we grow older,it's inevitable that we know more about what we are doing and understand more the feelings behind what we do.I have to say that I don't understand people that can have one night stands,although I don't condemn them for it.But personally,I have to care deeply for the one that I give myself to.My heart and mind has to be there with my body.This is going to limit me for sure,but I can't help how I'm wired.
I feel that it's as important as the food we eat,or the water we drink.It's built inside us to reach out for that most intimate encounter.That's what ALL of us are searching for,is it not? The ability to have someone that you can be that close to and have a relationship of love,trust,honesty,and the feeling of "belonging" to someone.
I hope that can happen again in my life. Until it does,I'll continue to make myself as good a ME as I can be.
 mastero207
Msg: 220
Posted: 11/13/2008 6:45:36 PM
sex everyone does it some injoy it some don't me I love it not only does it keep me healthy but it let me know what kind of person I'm with and if they our realy in to me
 TedJMill
Msg: 223
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2008 8:36:44 AM
Sex wasn't important to me when I was younger, and still isn't important now.
 dustyknight
Msg: 224
Posted: 11/14/2008 11:39:20 AM
ok I lied..yes sex is just as important as it was in my 20s..just doesn't take as long to get to the finish line..lol

besides I am much more choosy than ever before and for a good reason
this messege is too short to post..what's with that?
 cfb62
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2008 3:54:21 PM
I'd have it 24/7 right now.
I wasn't always like this and from what I understand, I'll get to the point that I don't want it anymore, so that frustrates me even more!!!
Whatever that chemical release is you get from it... it is so relaxing.
Makes me a much happier person.
(Haven't been too happy lately )
 hunther
Msg: 245
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2008 6:30:50 PM
I promise to tell you after the third time that night !!!!!
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 248
Posted: 12/4/2008 7:40:28 PM

It's more important, now that having kids is out of the way and fear of pregnancy is gone it is really fun. When my kids were younger I could never relax and the Ex was rarely interested in me.

Yes, I know what you mean, the kids... the ex not being interested...but all that's behind me now.... but I do know now what it's like to be in a very passionate relationship, I truly found out what I had been missing all those years...but as fate would have it...we were not destined to be together...and now that I have all those freedoms.... I'm not in a relationship....aargh

...maeflowers
 Dceeeee
Msg: 250
Posted: 12/4/2008 8:48:22 PM
I have been in a sexless relationship before, so yes, I could do it, if I really loved the guy, and he was affectionate in every other way. In the case I'm talking about, he was very affectionate, very attentive, and he still 'turned me on' very much, so it was much more than 'just friends'.

Now I am in a relationship where sex plays a very important part and there is no way I would 'want' to be without....but....if something were to happen where he could no longer perform....we would get around it. It sure wouldn't break us up.

~DC~
 ariatlady
Msg: 256
Posted: 12/6/2008 11:07:32 AM
Yes, I agree with Read Only too... makes sense to me.
 dustyknight
Msg: 257
Posted: 12/7/2008 2:08:13 PM
worse i ever had was wonderful at least..so yes..
It depends on the person if I want sex with them or not. I think I do get much more picky in my later years.. Although I will say my opportunitys have decreased somewhat as I get older. I prefer to wait until I care for the person before getting intimate.
 marbles3869
Msg: 260
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2008 3:04:06 AM
I feel that I enjoy sex more than ever as I get older. Sex and making love are two different things and I don't think either have to go into decline just because your are older. As long as you are well and healthy sex should be amazing what ever age you are. Enjoy
 tocool39
Msg: 261
Posted: 12/9/2008 8:50:16 AM
To be honest. Yes it is when I am with someone I love or care deeply about.
 fancynanci
Msg: 263
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2008 4:41:18 PM
I love more than I ever did at a younger age when I had to worry about the children hearing me, getting pregnant, etc.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >