Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 283
Is sex as important to you as it once was?Page 5 of 28    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28)

It's VERY important. Anything that occurs that rarely is important... you know... like Haley's comet

...Well if you keep walking around with no shirt on it's going to happen a lot sooner than you think

....maeflowers
 rustytraveler
Msg: 288
Is sex as important to you as it once was?
Posted: 12/17/2008 12:27:56 AM
[Is sex as important to you as it once was?]

YES, YES, YES .........but NOT exclusively without; a heart, brain, humor and conscience included .
 equuisdancer
Msg: 289
Posted: 12/17/2008 7:37:07 AM

It wasn’t before, for many years.

However . . . ahem . . . circumstances changed.

Um....ahem...
 kilgoretrout103
Msg: 290
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2008 7:48:00 AM
More important, actually. We've reached the age of realism, folks. Frankly, I know that no one's going to want me for my looks, wealth-generating ability, procreative capability, intellectual achievement or hot smelling pheramones anymore, if they ever did. A shoulder to lean on, a pretty good sense of humor, kind and generous spirit, playful attitude and great fun in the sack are what I have to offer and pretty much what I want in a friend. That, and someone who'll tell me when I have schmutz in my beard.
 rustytraveler
Msg: 291
Posted: 12/17/2008 3:00:06 PM
Not so far as I've seen....they all seem to want the sex...or rather to TALK about the sex.....'mature' doesn't seem to enter into it.
Well from this side of the looking glass anyway.
 Moonchild51
Msg: 301
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2008 12:08:21 PM
{quote}Without sex, it's like a part of me is missing. Like a metaphoric arm or leg.

Now if we were like lobsters, perhaps we could regenerate that special appendage....jes thinkin!!!
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 302
Posted: 12/30/2008 1:04:28 PM

I remember having to sneak it in while the kids were little,

...It got worse as they got older, you couldn't hardly enjoy it cause you were so concerned about the noise level

...maeflowers
 rearguard*2
Msg: 303
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2008 2:45:29 PM
That I can relate to. Being able to scream at the top of my lungs at the critical moment is a pleasure that children in the house pretty well completely suppressed....
 Moonchild51
Msg: 304
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2008 6:43:21 PM
Come now you folks! Isn't that the reason why God invented sockies? lmao....
Even at this ripe old age, I much prefer to date a man who has his own "childless" place. There, I am allowed to abandon myself to the heights of unabashed pleasure with absolutely no guilt!!!!
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 305
Posted: 12/30/2008 9:05:01 PM
Many of you don't seem to acknowledge how the "children" problem came about in the first place. I've never been able to have sex with complete abandon because of fear of spawning them in the first place. Menopause will be a blessing, however by then I'll be too old for anyone to want me. I'm noticing that offers are fewer and farther between already. Meeting a 40 something sex addict with a vasectomy and a penchant chubby sassy redheads would be ideal.
 dustyknight
Msg: 308
Posted: 1/2/2009 3:20:05 PM
I am beginning to think it is more important to women than me lately.
The last lady I dated..wanted sex and I wanted a partner..I was basically dumped because I don't perform like a 20/30 year old and sex isn't as important as it once was.
When I was 20 sex was 95% of what I wanted..
When I was 30 sex was 85% of what I wanted..
Reaching 40 sex was 65% of what I wanted in a partner..
At 50 sex was 50% of what I was seekijng from a partner..
So in retrospect..no it isn't..at my age..
Good Attitude, Good health, security and Good companionship is what I value the most.
You Cougars..rock on babes..good luck to you..I'm sure the young men appreciate your attentions as I would have back then.
Just my humble opinion after living the fast life for 56 years, losing most of my family and many friends, losing my wealth and rebuilding myself once again..
I know what's important to me..
good luck fishing to you all...
dusty
 selfsong
Msg: 309
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2009 4:34:02 PM
To OP

uh, I think it is...trying to remember

Ok ok, being single and not get any or willing to go out for a hook up I find it is still on my mind a lot! I have no idea what will happen if and when I uhhh "get some" and really never worry about it. What happens will
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 311
Posted: 1/2/2009 9:39:54 PM
I do think a full conversation needs to be brought up in the early dating stages about sex.

Not necessarily that either should feel "pressured" into performing on a first date or very early dating scenario.

A discussion of how much of an emphasis each puts on sex.

These bits of advice can still lead to disappointment. Many men seem to love to pressure and pursue, but then turn out to be "minute men", then down for the count. They boast about their insatiable sex drive and lament about how they never got enough from their ex(s). This is what I've noticed. Working or non working equipment, the possibilities are still endless with an interested partner when the chemistry and imagination is there.

I'm sure there are women out there who pretend to be more sexual than they are to get what they want and then start rationing once they have what they want.

...and kudos to the men who have admitted here that sex is not a priority for them, but don't think that those who think it is important are necessarily shallow people. Is it shallow to continue to enjoy a favorite food? Sex can be one of the greatest pleasures of being alive - it is such a great gift of being human. It helps me to keep feeling young.
 selfsong
Msg: 312
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2009 10:26:04 PM

hey boast about their insatiable sex drive

Funny, I have found the same with women that brag about how great they are in bed, can you say boring

To me it is fun and I feel a thing two should enjoy and use it t learn (on one level) about each other. True, things are much deeper or get so in the long run but sex , that dance of intimacy is something that starts the ball rolling...well kinda.

(Sheesh I want to say feeling another's vibe and knowing that is the first thing that happens, a taste of what they are so to speak...oh well)
 jeeperspeepers
Msg: 313
Posted: 1/3/2009 4:46:27 AM
Haven't read the 17 pages of answers before me, but to answer the OP's question directly, yes, it is just as important as it ever was. In fact it may be more important. At this point in my life, as I seek a new partner, I want a healthy sex life with that new partner, not a casual sexual affair mind you. However, since I am seeking a new love, I will look for one that can perform sexually. It is a very important part of romance, intimacy and love, and I want the whole package. I would have remained with my partner of 30 years to the end without sex, but he choose otherwise, so now I want the whole package. Many women never stop enjoying sex, in fact, enjoy it more as they mature, so it becomes more important. Those of us in that category are very lucky.
 cfb62
Msg: 314
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2009 5:39:09 AM
Lovin' sex more and more as I age.
It's right up there with food as far as my favorite things in life!
 ItsMargo
Msg: 316
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2009 10:57:42 AM
Yep, still just as important to me. What has altered is my definition of what sex is and my knowledge of myself and men has expanded.
 hunter5859
Msg: 323
Posted: 1/5/2009 9:30:42 PM
Honey its time for a change of pace with you.. its time for a female if you're on DRY LAND... there are woman out here that would satisfy you appetite completely... Im one of them... lol
 hunter5859
Msg: 324
Posted: 1/5/2009 9:34:26 PM
Sex is better now then the age 19 because we're more aware of our needs and desires at this age.. We're a hell of a lot more experienced now... we most likely know how to please more now... I love giving... have my entire adult life... its funny I believe I'm the only Lesbian in this conversation............
 Julyblonde
Msg: 326
Posted: 1/6/2009 2:42:36 PM
" At this point in my life, as I seek a new partner, I want a healthy sex life with that new partner, not a casual sexual affair.

It is a very important part of romance, intimacy and love, and I want the whole package "

I have to agree with Jeepers....

Sex is hugely important to a relationship !!!

If you don't ahve sex, you don't have the intimacy !!!!!

JB

c_deacon
Msg: 328
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2009 5:13:07 PM
Naw......Sex is not important to me anymore, I could care less, I do not date that often, have little to no needs, and I enjoy my own damn company........

Gee.......I think I have that "Mad Cow" disease..........

OT.......Not only is it important, it has become an absolute necessity.......but doing it alone is not half the fun as doing it with someone you care for.......

Now where is that "mad cow"????

Just my opinion.......
 whytwater
Msg: 335
Posted: 1/9/2009 6:20:27 PM

Most guys, my age, have been there, done that, got the T-shirt...It's called ED................a fancy smancy term for......... they can't get it up if their life depends on it...........See what you younger ladies have to look forward to?

Your dance card may be empty now, but to say that most men your age "can't get it up if their life depends on it", suggests that you (1) have threatened men to perform for you, on pain of death, and they failed, (2) have personally tested most of the world's men close to your age (you missed this, btw), or (3) your TV told you this, through all the ads for ED drugs, and you swallowed that pitch whole.
UNLESS, you can actually produce or point to an authoritative source (which would be one NOT underwritten by a large pharmaceutical company), that has performed its own testing, and the research methods have been condoned by the FDA, or better yet, some more legitimate but independent agency. I would request a definitive source, as absolute in its findings as your post is worded, but I believe that may be unreasonable to request.
Your profile shows you to have a graduate degree, offered up, presumably, to evidence your ability to think before speaking.
Your post here suggests otherwise.
Look, I don't doubt that you have run into possible lovers whose sexual organs were less than erect in your presence, whether they have reached your age or not. There could be alot of reasons for that, only one of which is the fault of the men you entertained.
But I, personally, am sick to death of posts spewing this BS, without any citation to authority. If the men in your world, from your own experience with them, are unable to penetrate you, well, sucks to be you. I am sorry to hear that.
When you trumpet your beliefs to other women in this particular pool, especially the "younger ladies" who may read your poison, then you become the problem, polluting the awareness of others, much like the outgoing US administration, which seemed to believe that if a baseless allegation is repeated frequently enough, most people will accept it as true.
 filmcritic1
Msg: 338
Posted: 1/10/2009 10:59:00 AM
hell yeah,its justs as important,if not more now that your seasoned you are ready to embark on an endless journey of fufilment that you wouldn;t experience in the pass,because of your youthfulness or ignorance to the body the oh so sensual body! I AM 50 and i would never consider a sexless life style!
 single at 49
Msg: 349
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2009 12:19:19 AM
Definitely. I've been told in another forum that it's great for us women in the 40's, didn't get any report from those 50+. I would definitely consider a relationship with a "less frequent" sex life than what I had years ago because it would certainly be a lot "more frequent" than the last 10 years have been. There's got to be more to the relationship though than just being compatible between the sheets.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >