Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gentleplus
Msg: 274
view profile
History
 KratosSpawn
Msg: 276
men, how do you feel when the woman you love tells you she had many [30-...] f- buddies?
Posted: 3/20/2011 6:22:45 PM
Depends on the guy.

Some will be pissed because they live in the fantasy world of thinking women are asexual until they get married. But other's won't be as shocked because we both know women get more sex then men do. All a women has to do is stand around naked and her sexual appetite will be filled. All women go through a phase of sleeping around as men do. The problem is for us it is an upgrade our mind that allows to access sex like that while for you it is just spreading you legs and letting every man enter your mind. So to have a lo of sexual partners makes you seem like anyone can be taken by any guy....which makes you seem weak.
 abelian
Msg: 277
men, how do you feel when the woman you love tells you she had many [30-...] f- buddies?
Posted: 3/21/2011 5:03:37 AM

If the woman I was dating told me there had been 70 to 100 before me, I would not be deluded into thinking I was going to be the last. I would assume that I was simply the current guy in a long line of guys waiting their turn.

I'm not sure I understand that attitude. To think that way, you would have to believe that the only way a woman would be satisfied with you would be to get to her before she had enough experience to know better.
 abelian
Msg: 279
Posted: 3/21/2011 8:12:12 AM
That's not necessarily the real reason though...
For some people it's simply the 'Ickkk' factor.... for others, they would prefer a woman that hasn't been with the whole town...

I didn't discount that as a reason for some people. I was responding to the person who wrote:

If the woman I was dating told me there had been 70 to 100 before me, I would not be deluded into thinking I was going to be the last. I would assume that I was simply the current guy in a long line of guys waiting their turn.

in which case, what I posted addressed that.

And in all cases, they are valid reasons to the people involved....

That's fine for people who aren't guilty of the same thing. I've never said otherwise. However, a guy who's been around te block a few times has no justification to complain about a woman who's done the same. It's also not fine to justify personal preferences by making inferences about how having been with lots of partners must be linked to some other negative trait just because the other traits are more socially acceptable to use as excuses to discount someone. If you are opposed to dating someone who's had X number of partners, at least have the huevos to state that as the reason and leave it at that. Rationalizing that by linking that to other traits, only invites arguments for why that inference is misguided.

Since she doesn't care about numbers, I'd be more than willing to sign her guestbook.

If you'd be willing to ``sign her guestbook,'' then obviously you don't care about the numbers either. You can't call her a slut without calling yourself a slut at the same time. How does that make her different from you apart from the ability to realize what you'd be willing to do if you could?
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 280
Posted: 3/21/2011 8:12:40 AM

I am nowhere near that range, so that makes her a SLUT in my book. Since she doesn't care about numbers, I'd be more than willing to sign her guestbook. However a serious and committed relationship would be out of question. I am not in 'save a ho' business. Thank you....

You'd be happy adding to the number, but she's not worthy of more. Now that's rich!! You might not be in the "save a ho" business, but you'd be one yourself. Interesting (or something.) JMO
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 282
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2011 9:39:15 AM
Or it could be lack of opportunity, or low libido, or maybe even that you were in long-term relationships and the issue never arose. But I'll believe you when you say you're secure enough. LOL
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 285
Posted: 3/21/2011 5:48:38 PM

Yes! decent people stay away from prostitutes, sluts and whores because they're insecure. LMFAO! Keep believing that if that makes you happy ...

trash is trash is trash .... We all love sex, but doesn't mean we fuk everything that moves. Some of us actually have self respect... but hey who am I speaking here.... bah!

Truly secure people don't feel the need to name-call, berate and belittle others.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 288
Posted: 3/21/2011 7:12:43 PM

in other words..... trash...

Everyone does have their own opinion. What if you meet someone and she doesn't tell you the truth when you ask the number. What if you have no information at all to tell you how many people she has been with but what she tells you? You date her, you fall in love, one day you marry her. She never tells you and you never find out. You're officially married to a whore/slut/ho. Wouldn't that be a unique thing in your world? It could happen.

~OT~ I have never had a FWB or a FB. Just not my thing. I don't begrudge those who do, however. JMO
 Casper66
Msg: 291
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2011 10:29:58 PM
#412 I am nowhere near that range, so that makes her a SLUT in my book. Since she doesn't care about numbers, I'd be more than willing to sign her guestbook. However a serious and committed relationship would be out of question. I am not in 'save a ho' business. Thank you....
This is so hypocritical, you wouldn't consider her for relationship but would do her and then try and convince yourself you are superior and a decent human being. Then resort to childish name calling, this isn't highschool anymore, grown-ups have sex and it's no one elses business what a person has done sexually in their past. If you have to ask how many partners your SO has had, you better be prepared that you might not like the answer, at least she was honest about it and if you can't handle it, then walkaway, you are not compatible sexually. You are the only one who can decide if it is a relationship deal breaker, if you accept it then never bring it up again.
 mrcs84
Msg: 298
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2011 1:18:24 PM

how do you guys feel when your woman tells you she had lot's of casual sex and f-buddies before you met? [70-100]

I feel that she's "easy." I also feel like I want to direct to to the nearest clinic to be tested before I try hitting on her

cpl_dvldog
Msg: 305
Posted: 5/9/2011 1:26:19 PM
I would think the context of how the information came about should be considered. Did you drag the info out of her? Did you use deductive reasoning to determine the number? Was she bragging about how many "conquests" she has had in her life? Was she bragging about how easy it is for her to find a guy to take home? If you asked, and she told to give you an honest answer then you need to decide if you can live with her answer, without holding it against her.
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 308
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2011 6:04:36 PM
I may have posted on this thread way back when, but...

I'm not likely to ask how many partners she's had as I don't much care so long as she wants to be with me now and we both agree to the same level of commitment for each other.

I lost my virginity 37 years ago. More than half of the time since then I've been single. I've had more than 30 partners yet have still had long periods of celibacy. Any woman I connect with is likely to be somewhere near my age range and may well have a similar history. Or not. What matters in the OP question is the love. If that's shared, the rest is just the long overgrown path that got us to where we are today.

Now if I met a 53 year old virgin, THAT might be cause for concern...

dave
 abelian
Msg: 310
Posted: 5/13/2011 9:44:09 AM

if I met a 53 year old virgin, THAT might be cause for concern.

why would it?....you'd have no worry of getting an STD, no pregnancy issues, and you'd be breaking her into a whole new realm!

Right. A 53 year old woman who wasn't interested in sex for all those years is suddenly going to cut loose? Maybe if she'd been an up and comming nymphomaniac who just woke up from a coma into which she'd laspsed right before she was about to lose her virginity. The odds aren't high enough to pin your hopes on.
 Vannili
Msg: 311
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2011 11:43:41 PM

Now if I met a 53 year old virgin ,THAT might be cause for a concern... dave

LOL!!! If I were a man I would be concern too..
 Vannili
Msg: 312
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2011 10:35:39 AM
^^^^^^^^ You don't cook "cats' You skin them alive in the dark.....
 UnixGrand
Msg: 313
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2011 1:58:01 PM
What's good for the goose, is good for the gander. "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need." -Rolling Stones Why would there be different rules for men, and different rules for women? What's the difference? As long as safe sex was practiced, that's all that would matter. People put too much emphasis on sex. Remember.... it's just an act. That's why it's called a sex act. When your in love, it is something else.
 spot4username
Msg: 315
Posted: 5/15/2011 7:03:09 PM
I can't imagine why a person would even answer the How many people have you slept with? question. I know I never do. If someone wants to dwell in my past they aren't for me. I certainly don't dwell there. Just be glad I know how to do that thing I do and don't ask questions. *innocent smile*
 abelian
Msg: 316
Posted: 5/15/2011 8:42:19 PM

I can't imagine why a person would even answer the How many people have you slept with? question.

(1) It seems to come up eventually, and I get asked.
(2) I'm not embarrassed by anything I've ever done, so as far as Im concerned, it's like asking me where I went on vacations.
 UnixGrand
Msg: 317
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2011 8:47:17 PM

(2) I'm not embarrassed by anything I've ever done, so as far as Im concerned, it's like asking me where I went on vacations.

So where did you go?
 spot4username
Msg: 319
Posted: 5/16/2011 5:20:09 AM

I'm not embarrassed either, it just isn't anyone's business. I would never ask and I never answer. Like I said - why care about what or who I've done - just be glad I'm doing you.
 UnixGrand
Msg: 320
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2011 11:21:41 AM
I'm not embarrassed either, it just isn't anyone's business. I would never ask and I never answer. Like I said - why care about what or who I've done - just be glad I'm doing you.

I respect your privacy. Please don't take this personally, but see your answer is negative meaning you Are hiding something. I am very open I have nothing to hide, because I always tell the truth, and I like honesty. This means I never have to remember the story I told one person, and a story I told another. You should watch Judge Judy. She will set you straight.
 spot4username
Msg: 321
Posted: 5/16/2011 11:27:51 AM

I respect your privacy. Please don't take this personally, but see your answer is negative meaning you Are hiding something. I am very open I have nothing to hide, because I always tell the truth, and I like honesty. This means I never have to remember the story I told one person, and a story I told another.

I am being honest. It is no one's business. Plain and simple. Nothing negative about it. Hiding something and choosing not to share something aren't the same thing. I'm not lying about my number, just don't disclose it. No stories to worry about keeping straight here. If I say it you can bank on it. I'm too busy to lie and have to waste time to sort stuff out.

You should watch Judge Judy. She will set you straight.

*shrug* I don't even have t.v. That stuff will rot your brain!
 UnixGrand
Msg: 322
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2011 11:55:14 AM

*shrug* I don't even have t.v. That stuff will rot your brain!

For some that's true. For others it's not.

I am being honest. It is no one's business. Plain and simple. Nothing negative about it. Hiding something and choosing not to share something aren't the same thing. I'm not lying about my number, just don't disclose it. No stories to worry about keeping straight here. If I say it you can bank on it. I'm too busy to lie and have to waste time to sort stuff out.

Ok.
 want to travel
Msg: 323
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2011 12:11:59 PM
i would say ,i just won the
i much rather have a woman that is comfortable with
 Bookbelle
Msg: 324
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2011 2:05:53 PM
I know guys who claim to have slept with around 100 people. By the OP's basis, are these guys never allowed to settle down/get married etc simply because of their sexual history?
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >