Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GreenEyesGoldenLocks
Msg: 133
men, how do you feel when the woman you love tells you she had many [30-...] f- buddies?Page 3 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
seriously this is one of those dont ask dont tell kind of things.. if you obsess about the number or are just prudish in general about the details then just dont ask and tell her you dont want to know. now seeing that the cat is out of the bag you obviously cant go backwards and to move forward you need to focus on the fact that the others may know her body but if she loves you then you won her heart. besides you know she has a healthy sexual appetite so just be happy about that.
 abelian
Msg: 134
men, how do you feel when the woman you love tells you she had many [30-...] f- buddies?
Posted: 9/22/2008 4:46:34 PM

Apparently you don't settle for anything.

I've always been an all or nothing kind of person.

I just read your profile. You don't want anyone who is not "busy", not "highly intelligent", "just friends" or looking for "long term".
And a a "few extra pounds'' is definately out of the picture since you want an "athletic build" or a "centerfold model" and younger than you.

I want what I want and if you noticed, I'm not looking at the moment.

I can see why numbers don't bother you. It's about all you've got left to pick from.

Uh, could you fill in the gaps in logic which leads you to imply that an intelligent, motivated, attractive, young athletic woman must sleep with lots of guys? I'm having a bit of difficulty connecting the dots.

Your profile comes across as arrogant and kind of pathetic in a way.

How you see it is not my problem.

I'd be surprised that anyone would date you, unless she thrives on low self-esteem.

Since there is obviously no way to address that question in a way that amounts to anything but a pissing contest, you are welcome to your belief. I'm not sure why my preferences annoy you, since you presume the women I date are in some way inferior to you. I would thik you'd be happy that I get what you think I deserve.
 rioisk
Msg: 141
view profile
History
men, how do you feel when the woman you love tells you she had many [30-...] f- buddies?
Posted: 9/23/2008 8:11:03 PM
I'm going to play the odd man out and say I don't like it when girls have been with a lot of men. To me it seems the girl gives out sex too easily and for some reason a trust block is established in me.
 abelian
Msg: 142
Posted: 9/23/2008 11:07:20 PM
'Sound, practical judgement' is an incorrect definition basd on the 'common ' view.

I suggest that you take your complaint to:

http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=common%20sense

and insist that they correct their mistake immediately.

-------------
If the best that you, m_church and Chimera_Obscura can do is attempt to nit pick definitions and misconstrue what I write to continue wallowing in self-pity while trying to make it seem like I'm the one with the problem, that's fine. I'll take whatever problem you'd like to invent for me over your hangups anyday. .
 abelian
Msg: 143
Posted: 9/23/2008 11:13:38 PM
[quite] Would you also assume that an obese person was merely excercising healthy appetite also? Or would you assume they had a problrem?
The same with a person who drank every day? A healthy appetite for alcohol?[/quite]

Since you're into exploiting the logical fallaciy of argument by analogy, here's another one: Would you want to be a passenger on plane with a pilot who has never logged an hour of flight time?
 palmer f
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2008 10:40:08 AM
Well I wouldn't date her simply because she tells you things that you would've never known otherwise. That to me is someone who is loves talking about all the wrong things.
 GregFireman
Msg: 148
Posted: 9/30/2008 2:38:41 PM
I think a man thinks the same thing a woman thinks when a man says "I've had 30-40 f**k buddies"... a woman thinks "this guy just wants me to be his f**k buddy too, and not a serious thing." a guy will think the same thing about a woman. He'll think "...she gets busy quite quickly and easily..." That doesn't mean she does FOR SURE, but that's the impression a guy will get until he gets to know the girl better. maybe she just went through a phase of sleeping with guys left and right....
 itsmillertime6227
Msg: 153
Posted: 10/8/2008 2:33:33 PM
ignorance is bliss...i have the "don't ask, don't tell" policy about past sexual encounters. i would just rather not know. the only things i want to know is what she likes in bed (or alternative places )
 1SpaceCase
Msg: 155
Posted: 10/10/2008 11:41:10 AM
A person's past does not necessarily define their current character and habits.
 abelian
Msg: 162
Posted: 10/16/2008 2:16:41 PM

You meet a slag like that you just keep her around for amusment. Or for other things.

Wouldn't that make you a slag?
 gtomustang
Msg: 169
Posted: 10/21/2008 3:49:26 PM
Alright, let's cut the BS and get to brass tacks:

1) get checked for STD's. The more you do ANYTHING, the more the odds are you're gonna get the benefits, deficits, and whatever else, that activity offers. Period. End stop.

2)It doesn't matter that YOU love her. What matters is, does she love you? IF so, then she had the rest, she choose the best.

Again, end stop. Forget the past. Whenever you see all those other guys, remember, you are the best, b/c she didn't want to stay with the rest.

3) if she doesn't love you....oh oh. I've listened to too many high milers cheat on the one they loved, to think that someone who spent a life in one pursuit, b/c it came naturally, changes their nature.

That doesn't mean they WILL cheat. It just means, there's a reason they didn't stick with any of those past lovers, and call it a day. No one likes to hear that, but its just merely the truth, based on too many examples of human nature. We do what we enjoy, whether it gives us what we say we want, or whether it gives us what we don't want to admit we want.
 gtomustang
Msg: 170
Posted: 10/21/2008 3:53:59 PM
To generalize, you have multiple lover for 3 reasons:

1) you want the attention. A person can learn to change that.

2) you love sex...except you could do it w/ the same person. So, you probably like variety with your sex. Is that something you can change?

3) you have an addiction, lousy impulse control, etc. That can all be changed w/ the help of professionals.

So, yes, multiple partners do not have to mean something. As for hearing all the gruesome details...not a big deal if you had all the sex you wanted in life. If you didn't...then yeah, it just like listening to a rich person talk about normal life to a poor person.
 gtomustang
Msg: 171
Posted: 10/22/2008 6:34:07 AM
Again, its not what she DID that matters...that's just stinkin' thinkin' clogging the big head that eventually gets in the way of the little head.

Its what she's GONNA DO, that matters to you.

Those with a high sexual drive, can scratch it any way they want to, and it doesn't take multiple partners to do it. You can masturbate, have a few partners you wear out, etc.

So, figure out what itch someone tried to scratch with multiple partners....and then see if that itch ever did get finally scratched.

These arguments about high mileage always end up turning into something like the arguments about pot use:those who do, defend THEMSELVES by defending the act, and those who do not, defend their squareness by defending the logic of not engaging.

But it still comes down to the point: you do, or don't, for a reason. Some find what they want, and grow out of it. Others get forced out of it, or think they found it, and later in life get an opportunity to try it again.

Opportunities never go away. Just the itch.

On a side note: living in a small town, I can tell you...gossip never comes out of nowhere. It may go too far, but it always comes from some kernel of truth.
 Mr_Floppy
Msg: 177
Posted: 10/25/2008 3:14:40 PM
Maybe I'm paranoid, but I figure if she TOLD me about it, she's trying to warn me in advance that there might come a problem in the future. It might even be an unconcious thing with her, but for some reason she thought it important to share with me that she was like this. After all, she doesn't HAVE to tell me anything at all about her past, and most don't. So I'd shy away.

"Shimmy one time, she got to wobble again." - Married Man's a Fool, Ry Cooder
 abelian
Msg: 178
Posted: 10/25/2008 6:51:55 PM

Maybe I'm paranoid, but I figure if she TOLD me about it, she's trying to warn me in advance that there might come a problem in the future. It might even be an unconcious thing with her, but for some reason she thought it important to share with me that she was like this. After all, she doesn't HAVE to tell me anything at all about her past, and most don't. So I'd shy away.

You are paranoid. I'd always trust someone who is willing to tell me something she thinks I won't want to hear than someone who won't.
 Blondecharmthe3rd
Msg: 179
Posted: 10/26/2008 9:34:21 AM
How is it a bad thing that someone discloses their history with someone they may see a future with? Isn't that the whole point of getting closer to someone? Its only an issue if you view it as one. If we were all judged by our pasts, we would never improve ourselves knowing that we would forever be judged by small minded people.

Perhaps this was HER way to weed YOU out. Have you thought of that? Its better to find out what you are willing to accept (her past) than plan a future with you only to have something like that tear you apart. I applaud her.

I disclose to anyone I am close enough to. I feel any potential sexual partner has the right to know however some people simply never want to know. I leave it up to them.
 Sweet James Jones
Msg: 182
Posted: 10/28/2008 12:51:23 PM
honestly, i would think that she either has self esteem issues or is the victim of sexual abuse and is messed up in the head.
 ohio07
Msg: 189
Posted: 2/2/2009 8:18:21 PM
If she used protection EVERY TIME and has been checked out and is clean, what's the big deal? The only concern is if she would be willing to cheat on you, and for that you would have to know her well enough to make a judgement call and stick to it, hell or high water.

Depending on her age, I dont think this is that big of a deal. Early 20's, yeah, I'd have to pause. Mid to late 30's-40's? Hell, both of you had sex before you met. As long as your willing to communicate and stick to each other, I see no problem. You have to talk to her, and probe a little and talk about it to see if you can trust her. Good luck.
 Blondecharmthe3rd
Msg: 190
Posted: 2/2/2009 8:38:42 PM
Why the f*** do you idiots keep bringing back these threads when there are others on the board with the SAME FREAKIN TOPIC!!!

Talk about doing it do death.
 Okietokie88
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2009 9:15:59 PM
I'd say whatever number she or anyone's significant other tells them is short.I mean if you have a nice open relationship but it shouldn't be too bad but no one I mean no one tells the truth in that regard.I mean it's not always because they want to lie to you,but hey that's just my two since.

I think whatever the past is it's the past.......
 Blondecharmthe3rd
Msg: 195
Posted: 2/3/2009 7:08:44 AM
Yes m_church... we all know that men want to bang a whore when single but want a "pure" woman to settle down with. What a load of crap.
 m.t.nester
Msg: 201
Posted: 2/4/2009 8:03:05 AM
Shame on you for being so insecure that you had to ask.

That's something that's really none of your business.
 ToLoveYOU
Msg: 214
Posted: 2/9/2009 8:24:30 AM
So what! It is only what lots of men have been doing for centuries!

Thank her for being honest with you and telling you!

She has lots of experience and just might able to teach you a thing or two, if your ego will allow it. Get in touch with yourself man!
 alwayzfocused
Msg: 218
Posted: 4/6/2009 12:58:21 PM
I honestly have to agree with bethiesh because this is my puss.y and if iwanted to slang it all around town i could..I just think it's a double standard for men...cuz i know some men who **** different women almost every night...honestly if you can "put it down" than i wouldn't worry about a damn thing except for getting tested.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >