Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > I need an excuse to get out of it....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 1Fish2Fish RedFishNewFish
Msg: 66
I need an excuse to get out of it....Page 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
wizardofossington,

Congratulations on telling her the truth - (the truth will set you free, LITERALLY in this case! )

Enjoy the time with your son.

To those who are judging him for backing out of his promised attendance, I retort "To thine own self first be true." Whether I would have backed out (no) or not, or whether anyone else would have is NOT the point. He came here looking for an excuse, was offered advice, and took it. Admirable for doing that rather than fabricating a lie. The best part is that his ex is OK with it. So, I believe that all's well which ends well. It sounds like this ended well. Now, let this thread die, it's already way overdone!
 Goldie Girl
Msg: 67
I need an excuse to get out of it....
Posted: 9/3/2008 4:40:30 PM
Be honest tell her the truth ...I am a football fan but I can miss one game , next time don't be so fast on saying yes to her invite....
 boggie1984
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2008 4:50:55 PM
HONESTLY, I THINK YOU CAN GO TO THE WEDDING, THERE IS NO WAY IN HE.. THAT THE NEW YORK JETS ARE GOING TO WIN A GAME AGAINST THE NEW ENGLAND PATS!!!!!!!! SO YOU WILL NOT BE MISSING MUCH OF A GAME. GO ENJOY YOURSELF AS YOU MIGHT MET YOUR ONE AND ONLY.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2008 4:59:58 PM
OP, I think what you did was fine. Told her how you really felt and were still going to be there if she couldn't find a date therefore not leaving her in the lurch. You don't have any reason to feel badly, you can enjoy the game and she will not be going to the wedding by herself.

What is ridiculous about this whole thing after reading what transpired after the comment about your son is that if this had been about your son to begin with, which is not what you stated on the thread, I'm sure that this woman and everyone else would have seen that as an actual conflict of interest and reason for bailing on the wedding. This whole deal should have been a no-brainer.
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 70
Posted: 9/3/2008 5:10:23 PM

Not a soul, except for my ex....And she probably would have wondered off into crowd, while I'm sitting there twirling my thumbs.

My GAWD, you dodged a bullet! Have you EVER gone to a wedding under those conditions? It's HORRIBLE! The only saving grace is if there is free booze.

The Chicken Dance, the Macarena, and other stupid group dances.... *GAG". Weddings are for women and all about the women. I say stay away and let the women go all by themselves.

karma1160
Msg: 71
Posted: 9/3/2008 6:01:24 PM
Dear wizard you have yourself a deeeeeeeelema lol so when appoached with the impossible win all you can do is FESS UP and beg for mercy lol
She will respect you more than if she finds out later.
Maybe there is a tv in the reception hall somewhere she will probably be mingling. lol or if you test the water and it looks like the boat isn't going to float have one of your freinds tape the game.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 72
Posted: 9/3/2008 6:22:20 PM

OP, I think what you did was fine. Told her how you really felt and were still going to be there if she couldn't find a date therefore not leaving her in the lurch. You don't have any reason to feel badly, you can enjoy the game and she will not be going to the wedding by herself.

Thank you....And I mean that in all honesty, since you were quite tough on me early on.

The only saving grace is if there is free booze.

That would probably be the only thing that would have saved me....But no need to worry now. You're quite comical and I truly have enjoyed your posts. Thanks....

Get some plaster of paris and make a fake cast and then take a picture of it.
Email it to her.

This would have been the greatest fib, but too late.
 YeahHonestly
Msg: 73
Posted: 9/4/2008 12:04:01 PM
Tell her that unless she can throw 40+ touchdowns in a season she just isn't going to hold up to your expectations lol
 A_Playful_Guy
Msg: 74
Posted: 9/8/2008 10:32:40 AM
Thanks for being the poster boy of why women think most guys are jerks.

Probably tack on "stupid" as well for asking a banal question like this in a public forum...
 betterlate
Msg: 75
view profile
History
I need an excuse to get out of it.... try the truth
Posted: 9/8/2008 10:53:08 AM
try the truth and do it fast as you can to give her time to get another date.

enjoy the game
 MGMLION
Msg: 76
I need an excuse to get out of it.... try the truth
Posted: 9/8/2008 11:09:55 AM

enjoy the game

Tell her you can go to the wedding now and the rest of your Sundays are now free to attented more weddings. Tom Brady is out for the Season.
Won't be any games to enjoy with Matt Cassell as their new Quarterback
Right Wiz?
 OvrAcheiver
Msg: 77
Posted: 9/12/2008 7:25:14 PM
Bro you just gotta bail on her and worry about the excuse later lol . I know it sounds like a prick move but **** it its Brett versus the Pats what more could you ask for on a sunday afternoon
 nikinikaia
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2008 7:28:13 PM
Gee, indehills, I didn't know there was a rule about reading ALL the posts before posting to the OP's original thread.

Why don't you take a chill pill and let others speak their peace in peace?
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 79
Posted: 9/12/2008 7:34:47 PM
It's so too bad about the Patriots losing Brady.
I can't think of anything that could have made the season worse this year...with the possible exception of Favre staying retired and NOT playing football.

Now that would have brought the world to an end!

Bet now you're wishing you were going to the wedding and doing the chicken dance don't you?
 MGMLION
Msg: 80
Posted: 9/12/2008 7:37:31 PM

Bet now you're wishing you were going to the wedding and doing the chicken dance don't you?

Yes he does you could not have worded that any better.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 81
Posted: 9/13/2008 12:51:12 AM
I'm quite upset with the lost of Brady for the season, but I still wouldn't want to miss the game.

And please excuse MGM....He's my little forum stalker. He's not all there in the head. If you check his history he goes where ever I go....
 carolann0308
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2008 5:03:58 AM
If the wedding was in a hotel, then chances are they have a bar and half the guys there will be watching the game anyway. It happens all the time.
But always tell the truth, you may look like a big ***hole when you do but at least you are an ***hole with integrity.
 CJ8Rock
Msg: 83
Posted: 9/13/2008 5:29:48 AM
Guy, don't be that low. You said you would do it, so cowboy up and go. DVRs are a wonderful thing - and as posted above - if there is a reception - you can catch parts of the game anyway.

Matters not - as some are going around - WHY you said yes to your ex. That is your routine, and you can evaluate your relationship with her in the future. For now - You agreed.

Oh - and personal quirk here - I ever get the "hospital' excuse from a woman? She will never hear from me again (which was likely her wish anyway) and will not speak with her further. Sure, I would imagine somewhere along the line there was a real hospital involved, but seriously - that is completely utterly lame. I agree with poster above - that sort of 'negative' lies build up.
 MGMLION
Msg: 84
Posted: 9/13/2008 9:24:04 AM

I think that its really immature of you to be thinking of an excuse at all. It shows that you're a selfish person. You said that you were be there for them and now your backing out because of a hockey game, can't you see why your the ex now. I also think that its pathetic that you decided to come and ask a bunch of strangers on a dating site about what excuse to use. You sound like a 15 year old teenager, stop being a baby and just tell her the truth. Oh and I'm sure with you bringing this up on this site it should score alot of points for you with the ladies lol. We all know how much women loves a guy that lies(sarcasm).

Wizard is a Big fan of the Dallas Stars
He also Loves them Dallas Cowboys to they have 2 Shiny Stars on both sides of their helment. Go Cowboys Go Stars Right Wiz
 wizardofossington
Msg: 85
Posted: 9/14/2008 4:28:27 PM
Today, this was much better than going to a wedding....
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > I need an excuse to get out of it....