Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Are you intimidated by "pretty" people?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 allInkedup
Msg: 251
Are you intimidated by pretty people?Page 12 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
This concept never made any sense to me.. we're all human beings and just approachable as the next..... would you shy away from a beautiful work of art, or the artist?
 spicynicegirl
Msg: 252
Are you intimidated by pretty people?
Posted: 3/23/2009 5:58:28 PM
Yes if a man is too handsome I feel incredibly nervous and intimidated and would actually walk away rather than towards him.
 azsunshine123
Msg: 253
Posted: 3/23/2009 6:03:13 PM
I'm not intimidated at all. But I find that "pretty boys" are pretty much self-absorbed. The ONLY boring date I've had was with a pretty boy that spent an hour and a half talking about himself.
 Tuneitin
Msg: 254
Posted: 3/23/2009 6:25:10 PM
Look at it this way. The guy inserted himself in to a conversation you were having with the cashier. He obviously wanted to talk to one of you or both of you. Next time just try to relax and go w/ the flow. You're as good as anybody else.
 sammylg
Msg: 255
Posted: 3/23/2009 9:21:37 PM
I think it's more the attitude, than the look. I met Heidi Klum at an event and she was the easiest person to approach and talk to. On the other hand, I met plenty of b!tchy self proclaimed hotties with major attitudes that I wanted to run from.
 cubic_zirconia
Msg: 256
Posted: 3/23/2009 9:26:45 PM
I'm not intimidated by anyone unless they a.)are holding a gun or knife or b.) have rabies.

LOL agreed. No, I cant say I'm intimidated by anyone. I used to be as a kid. When I was younger and I walked by a popular group in grade school I did but then I realized that they are just as insecure as any one else and it stopped. Lucky for me I learned this one at age 9.

Beauty is subjective, my tastes change and people I didnt find attractive before I now do. So I know that some people find them attractive and I know some find me and my flaws attractive and there are plenty for both.

Pretty guys sometimes tug at my heartstrings and I'll get a little nervous but nothing a little vodka cant cure. Mostly I've found that they are very stuck up and typically have no personality (unless they were fat before, in which case they're the complete package, personality and looks) This is why I was always very sweet to the ugly and chunky guys growing up because you never know who they'll be in 10 years, lol.

So no, I do not get intimidated by pretty people.
 js104c1
Msg: 257
Posted: 3/24/2009 10:09:38 AM
Yes, thats why I flinch everytime I have to show my drivers license when I go to a bar.
 archangel001
Msg: 258
Posted: 3/25/2009 7:00:50 PM
azsunshine123:

Good luck with your new bo and just wanted to say that not all "pretty boys" are self-absorbed. Again good luck on your new romance.
 LakeCountyGal
Msg: 259
Posted: 3/25/2009 9:40:49 PM
Sometimes yes. I suppose it's stupid and insecure but sometimes I do feel intimidated if I'm chatting with, or meet someone that is extremely attractive. For example, the "hot girls" at work have their own little click. Hot people tend to hang out with other hot people. I like them and get along with them at work but I would never fit in with them outside of work.

I also blush every time I'm around my boss (I consider him quite attractive) as if I'm not worthy of his presence. I've been told myself, that I'm attractive, but I just consider myself "average". But it doesn't matter what others tell me, if I'm in the presence of someone I feel is much more attractive then me, I do feel a little bit like a troll next to them. LOL. Just human nature I guess to constantly be comparing ourselves against others.
 technohead
Msg: 260
Posted: 3/27/2009 3:44:21 AM
Me to .both men and women and for the same reason as SweetKristine (im not good enough) blah blah blah to help. i make it a point to approach women i normally wouldnt and just introduce myself and maybey ask her name . it gets easier everytime . i remeber the first time ... i saw her sitting at the bar, alone suprisingly anyway i decided right there i was gonna get her name (goal) so threw caution to the wind strolled over and said "hi my names paul" which came out "himynamespaul" she smiled , bent close to my ear & said WHAT ? i almost ran away but instead replied a little more loudly and asked her name She Said "Erica " and put out her hand ... i shook it... mumbled something like "nice to meet you" , "i just wanted to know your name" she smiled & i said "have a Great night" & left for the door ... mission accomplished. i never looked back and to this day i wonder if i had looked back at her , would she have been watching me leave? anyway my "therapy" has worked to a limitted degree it just makes it easier for me on the initial approach. but it failed to address the real problem , why i feel im not good enough for a beautiful woman.

paul

BouncyBall
Msg: 261
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2009 5:06:13 AM
You know I think it just depends on how shy you are in general? When I was younger, say 17 and I met a lass who was dead attractive I would fall to pieces, generally ignore her and walk away haha, these days I'm the complete opposite and love a bit of chit chat with anyone. It's just life experience I guess....
 Leeanne
Msg: 262
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2009 5:16:33 AM
To be intimitdated by anyone or anything would be a detriment to going forward in life. Simply because someone appears attractive certainly does not make someone any better than anyone else!
 NoQuarterGiven
Msg: 263
Posted: 3/27/2009 7:32:24 AM
I am pretty so I don't have to be intimidated.
 COCOLUMPS
Msg: 264
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2009 5:44:17 PM
I see attractive people just like everyone else.I mean, look at them, they have to deal with problems too.Just like normal looking people have their setbacks because they look normal so do pretty people.Less people actually approach them because most people see them as "out of their league".So I guarantee when you approach one of them confidently they'll see you way differently then everyone else.
 tigerlily1
Msg: 265
Posted: 4/29/2009 5:43:34 AM
I am drawn to people by the signals and the feeling they create, that is why I find it impossible to know if I am interested in anyone in the dating sites.........

Looks dont matter, cleanliness and smell matter very much, but actual physical looks dont matter, it is the signals and the feelings they emit to others that draws me to them......
 breeheel
Msg: 266
Posted: 1/13/2010 4:44:50 PM
Well Leeanne

'To be intimidated by anyone or anything would be a detriment to going forward in life. Simply because someone appears attractive certainly does not make someone any better than anyone else! "

There are some fishies who could learn from you. One lady on her profile says " Im very easy on the eyes and if you arent too, dont bother contacting me" And you wonder why they have been on pof for 5 years and still looking. I think for some people its more about getting a partner that will not only make them happy but be able to impress friends as well. Unfortunately looks are a major factor in yeh or ney in the dating world, and Ide say especially online dating .
 HoldingHands27
Msg: 267
Posted: 1/14/2010 3:19:21 AM
Only to ther point that I wouldn't think I'd have a Snowballs chance in Rio that
she'd be interested in ~me~...
But...if she took the initiative, and was impressed with something I did...
(Dance, sing, joke...etc...)
I'd make every effort to keep her interest...
At least till I discovered how severely Conceited she was...!

luckyhot777s
Msg: 268
Posted: 1/14/2010 5:03:56 AM
Not at all....I think its funny to not give them the attention they are used to and see how they handle it....opps, that sounds like I am intimidated....but I'm not....

It hits me the opposite....not all, but some really beautiful people are used to getting a lot of positive attention, but aren't too good at giving it out.....some are self centered and just takers....

Some are very nice though...I'm confident in who I am, and I don't hold pretty above the real important issues...who they are.

It sounds like you are young still, have a confidence problem, and haven't learned yet that pretty is just that and doesn't mean better.
 MISSY65787
Msg: 269
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2010 5:38:30 AM
I had to respond to you. I just checked out the forums first time. BUt anyway one of my childhood friends (looks identacle to Michelle PFeiffer) recently told me that when we go out to the bars or clubs, women like us better than average, however you want to rate it. She said the guys don't approach us because of their fear of being shot down. And that I was straight chicken to not be bold and go make the first move. Well hell, I don't want to be shot down either.
 eattoplease
Msg: 270
Posted: 1/14/2010 5:38:37 AM
Believe it or not....everyone puts their pants on one leg at a time....while im not on here for a life time thing...when i meet someone...REAL is what I look for...in this day and age...thats what counts not a fasade....see it all the time and laugh...you'ill figure it out...good luck!
 kpooks
Msg: 271
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2010 6:42:01 PM
Not in the least! Elevates MY desire to be "pretty", so I attempt, feebly, to rise to their "prettiness"!

"Pretty" begins in the heart. And exercise helps bring the heart to the surface...and shed those unwanted pounds. Hint, hint...

Even though I'm hardly fat, I am getting older, and, in the toughness that is required in the fight for survival, it's getting harder and harder to find that tender, sweet core. I watch the NBC show, Biggest Loser, and it is a huge inspiration for me, as it will be you. Those people are hugely obese, but took on the personal responsibility to push through the hell of their physical appearances and personal barriers to shed those pounds...and, in the process, as they heave and sweat and push, their inner beauty comes shining through.

Another suggestion is: Focus on what they're saying, and decide whether that is interesting to you. A lot of people might be what is considered "pretty", but I find them vacuous and uninteresting. What you need is to be with fellow nerds. I consider myself an athletic nerd. I like to hang with people who think and speak intelligently, and, if they're "pretty" too, great, added bonus, eye candy, fun to look at while we talk! Talking's what's left over when "prettiness" fades.
 bibb66
Msg: 272
Posted: 1/14/2010 6:55:09 PM
I have been through the stage where I wouldn't go up to a person who I felt was extremely beautiful. Now I just wonder why not, if I find her attractive then what's there to lose. Life's too short to sit on the sidelines, go out, if you get shot down, keep going, it's their loss in my opinion. And you never know, maybe once you start chatting you will realize that this isn't worth going any further.
 ***wes***
Msg: 273
Posted: 1/14/2010 9:44:25 PM
Pretty/Famous people tend to be the most insecure... why do you think so many supermodels and celebs are alway's coked up. The reality is for the most part pretty people are probably going to be easier to talk to. The people I don't like talking to are the creepy panhandler types that approach me in the street, dirty, reeking of piss, accosting me for my hard earned money... these are the types that I shy away from... bring me a pretty person any day of the week over one of these.
 brownrice_sugar88
Msg: 274
Posted: 1/15/2010 12:05:16 AM
I get intimidated by pretty people sometimes.. I can def understand not wanting to be the fat friend so sometimes I really recoil myself in social settings...
 Morris Choco
Msg: 275
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2010 2:17:03 AM
A majority of people that say they are not intimidated by good looks at least initially are just trying to delude theirselves.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Are you intimidated by "pretty" people?