Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Are you intimidated by "pretty" people?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NattiCat
Msg: 326
Are you intimidated by pretty people?Page 14 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
Very much, cuz I can't compete with such prettyness.
 NattiCat
Msg: 327
Are you intimidated by pretty people?
Posted: 8/30/2005 9:30:45 AM
Very much, cuz I can't compete with such prettyness. Not saying I'm ugly, just not pretty.
 Charming Archfiend
Msg: 328
Posted: 9/3/2005 8:24:46 AM
Nobody can intimated me...Cause we are all special in our own way
 OptimumTaurus
Msg: 329
Posted: 9/3/2005 8:41:21 AM
I'm not really intimidated by "pretty" people as much as I am apathetic to their beauty. I see "pretty" people as just people. You just convince yourself that people are people and you don't have to worry or be intimidated.

An alternate method of making sure you're not intimidated is to try to scare other people. If you scare other people, they don't see how scared YOU are.
 Jetplague
Msg: 330
Posted: 9/3/2005 8:46:57 AM
Sometimes I am....but then again my instincts are usually right anyway. Beautiful women are only looking for equally beautiful men.
 Belladona
Msg: 331
Posted: 9/3/2005 8:49:26 AM
How you look has absolutely nothing to do with what you can contribute...and don't let anyone ever tell you different. It's like the old getting over a major fear of driving over bridges or getting on boat, things that you may need to do in your life and you have no way of getting around them...the only way is by conquering the fear. So, it's one step at a time and going slow...pretty soon...you're driving the boat.... have built self-confidence, and know and understand that you have a lot to contribute.
 UnluckyGirl
Msg: 332
Posted: 9/3/2005 8:53:33 AM
My twin sister is dead up like that she wont even go in stores cause she is worried people are looking at her and stuff......I have learned throughout time "pretty people" come in all diff looks....yah they may be smoking on the outside but if they are judging and just wanna be jerks to people not like them then they are one of the ugliest people out there.....If I worried about talking to some hot guy then I would not have the friends I have today....my best friend he is like my brother is one of the nicest looking guys I know....we got close as friends and he is like my family now...He is extremely good looking and not judgemental in the least....Just because someone is a supermodel doesnt make their thoughts any better than yours or mine....Online talking to "cute" guys will prolly help your intimidation factor the best I mean you dont have to do it face to face and you can just talk get to know personallitys....But yes alot of people have that fear ALOT.
 SXXXYLICIOUS
Msg: 333
Posted: 12/13/2005 10:59:14 PM
No, looks don't intimidate me...

However, a man who is highly educated and naturally smart puts me in a good intimidated mode. I am competitive and I usually like people to challenge what I know...but if a man can succeed in doing so, it's highly intimidating in an exciting and sexy way.
 racontour
Msg: 334
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2005 2:32:39 PM
When I was young and inexperienced, I was intimidated by a drop dead gorgeous babe who really liked me. I was a hopelessly stuttering wreck.

Today, I am comfortable with them as I am with anyone esle.
I have seen some of these gorgeous girls date and marry average joe type of guys.
It makes them more approachable.

I used to think the babes only dated and married the beefcakes.
It turns out that if you treat them with respect and make them feel good,
and be entertatining with them, you have just as good a chance dating and keeping them.
 racontour
Msg: 335
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2005 2:53:55 PM
I think the "pretty" people become like that not only through the genes, but also through good nurturing. If a person started out attractive, and had parents that gave them confidense and a sense of well being that later gives them the courage and qualities we all deem as attractive.

Best thing to do is observe the competition and make the charge to break the ice.
You wiull be amazed how human these beautiful people are.

I have seen a studmuffin date a plain jane, and hot babe marry an averfage joe.
It depends on the personalities and the inner compatibility.
 abella79
Msg: 336
Posted: 12/15/2005 3:58:08 PM
some people are pretty on the outside but ugly on the inside so I don't feel intimadated at all !! Everyone shines in their own ways and thats what is important!!!!
 dbndon
Msg: 337
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2005 5:31:20 PM
Nope, never. But there are two good reasons for that:

First, I am never intimidated by anyone. Second, most of the people who think of themselves as the Pretty People are the type of people I dislike being around. Especially, for instance, women when they are overdressed for the occasion and applied a face full of makeup. All the women (including family) in my life are rather tall and good looking. Some even approach the very pretty mark. A couple of them even modeled in their younger days. But, there is not even one “glamour girl” among them. They always seem to look nice, just don’t push it. Of course, they are not shopping for men, either.
 Racer71
Msg: 338
Posted: 12/15/2005 6:18:49 PM
nope, I'm not intimidated by them
 unique1952000
Msg: 339
Posted: 12/15/2005 6:50:35 PM
NOPE I LOVE PRETTY PEOPLE..
NICE FACES ARE MY THING!
 Sparda7
Msg: 340
Posted: 12/15/2005 6:59:34 PM
I wouldn't say that I'm necessarily "intimidated" by pretty women. Maybe back in the high school days or some junk, but not now. HOWEVER.... I just tend to have this impression of alot of them. Like if they look stuck-up or they seem like they just "know" you want them, I try not to look in those broads direction too fast. I guess because them even getting the "idea" that I want their snotty asses just pisses me off.

Now, I might look sometimes if it seems they are staring at me as if "waiting to see how they just KNOW I'm gonna look their way or approach them".... and I might look at them like they are the most vile things on Earth. But more often.... I'll just look at them, look behind me, and look back at them as if to say "um, what are u looking at?" But whatever. If they are one of those people that think they are all that, I generally despise them.

But a humble and down-to-earth gal is good for me!
 TheGoon
Msg: 341
Posted: 12/15/2005 7:54:20 PM
I've approached a handful of women in my life. One of which I married. Each and every one of them was beyond georgeous to me. A couple of them where married or in a relationship, but the one's that weren't I at least went out with for a while.

If it's something that I think I might want, I'm going for it. I'm not going to be intimidated by someones' looks, that seems a little backwards to me.
 blondegreeneyedgal
Msg: 342
Posted: 12/15/2005 8:22:08 PM
I dont get intimidated easily except by those tall gorgeous blue eyed men whose eyes make your heart skip a beat,lol maybe thats not intimidated but just a turn on lol

so on topic id say no and let the gods bring him back into the bar lol
 racontour
Msg: 343
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2005 11:37:32 AM
Here is my take on this matter:
The proportion goes like this....the more make up needed the more uglier the perosn is and needs to hide stuff.
 xneo19
Msg: 344
Posted: 12/16/2005 11:47:39 AM
Yeah, I difinatly can be !
 Teresa19691
Msg: 345
Posted: 12/16/2005 11:59:06 AM
Yeah most of the time I feel intimidated but I do appreciate good looks, as do most people, but as it,s been pointed out before me, it,s whats underneath that really counts.
 Rosetti
Msg: 346
Posted: 12/17/2005 6:11:24 AM
I work in 2 jobs ..... one is customer service in a contact centre, where it is full of so-called "pretty people" and the other is working in a nightclub.
In both jobs I have found that these "pretty people" are so far up their own a***holes it's quite unbelievable.

Example 1: One of the training staff (male) goes up to a customer advisor (female/pretty person), who is incapable of stringing a sentnence together with sounding like a complete bimbo, whose sales record is zero .... "We'll have to get dome side by side coaching with you !!!!" ........... 2 seats down, a customer advisor (female/plain looking person), who has a very good sales record, is obviously having a bit of a bad day, and has only made 2 sales that day, gets told by the same training staff member ....... "Start selling or we'll sack you!!!"

Example 2 : Working on the door of a very busy nightclub ..... three girls, all students were waiting in the queue, all in jeans and trainers ....... 2 of the so-called pretty people (females) walked up and sweet talked their way in ...... the students in jeans and trainers, you could tell had somehere to put their money and who could pay for their drinks were kept waiting while these 2 (wearing very little to the imagination, so where they had their money was their business !!!!!!!) were let in.
As soon as the sudents came through the door I let them in for free ....... which was my way of saying that everyone should be equal irrespective of looks/race/gender/sexual orientation.

You will find that 99% of all so called "pretty people" have no conversation skills and are so shallow you could almost pity them ....... because when they have to do something for themselves , they cant.
 racontour
Msg: 347
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2005 3:46:51 PM
What rarity would it be if the person was pretty and smart.
Coupled with humility....even rarer yet!
 mycorosso
Msg: 348
Posted: 12/19/2005 4:35:42 PM
only if I am cuffed to the headboard and the pretty girl is threatening me with anal penetration with a foreign object. Intimidating.
 sexyshooter
Msg: 349
Posted: 12/19/2005 4:37:17 PM
God no.......in fact, i try and be with pretty people as much as possible....makes me look prettier myself.....
 DutchIndo
Msg: 350
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2009 11:56:19 PM
If your talking about arrogant pretty people like a miss barbie who walks on water forgetta bout her. There are so many pretty people who are nice and when speaking to them will make you feel great. The ladder I was talking about the gold digger who thinks she is all that, "look at my pic can you see yourself walking with me" attitude, do you think she is genuinely happy? They usually attract there own kind thank God!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Are you intimidated by "pretty" people?