Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Are you intimidated by "pretty" people?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Wylde
Msg: 136
Are you intimidated by pretty people?Page 15 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
Here...borrow my lip gloss
 Wylde
Msg: 137
Are you intimidated by pretty people?
Posted: 8/30/2005 1:15:38 AM
You're too pretty there guy.....Gimme back my lipgloss you're acting a little un-hetero now LOL
As for Dragon...I do NOT intimidate you...I set you up for challenges *post-related of course*
 Wylde
Msg: 138
Posted: 8/30/2005 1:18:30 AM
Tusk...fleetwood mac...hey wait...i'm in the wrong thread LOL
 Wylde
Msg: 139
Posted: 8/30/2005 1:21:18 AM
We're too pretty
 Wylde
Msg: 140
Posted: 8/30/2005 1:35:26 AM
And ugly people are ugly...but who's to judge on what's pretty and what's ugly? Right? Right.
 Wylde
Msg: 141
Posted: 8/30/2005 1:45:50 AM
I completely agree...but this is where esteem issues get in the way in form of intimidation...ahh the world is a really sucky place isn't it? Thank god I'm no psychotherapist...I'd starve LOL
 Wylde
Msg: 142
Posted: 8/30/2005 1:53:59 AM
Why thank you kindly sir...payments via paypal are accepted as well...for my beer fund of course.
 Wylde
Msg: 143
Posted: 8/30/2005 1:59:22 AM
Yes like my mother said...when i got the tattoo of the shark on my neck.
" what are you gonna do when you're 90?"
My reply was " I'll be a 90 year old saggy tittied old lady with a shark on my neck"
She didn't say much to that..but gave me a real nasty look
 Wylde
Msg: 144
Posted: 8/30/2005 2:07:02 AM
No..I was more concerned that I stumped her ...felt like running really fast tho LOL
Intimidate my mother? JOKES!
 Charming Archfiend
Msg: 145
Posted: 9/3/2005 8:24:46 AM
Nobody can intimated me...Cause we are all special in our own way
 blondegreeneyedgal
Msg: 147
Posted: 12/15/2005 8:22:08 PM
I dont get intimidated easily except by those tall gorgeous blue eyed men whose eyes make your heart skip a beat,lol maybe thats not intimidated but just a turn on lol

so on topic id say no and let the gods bring him back into the bar lol
 mycorosso
Msg: 148
Posted: 12/19/2005 4:35:42 PM
only if I am cuffed to the headboard and the pretty girl is threatening me with anal penetration with a foreign object. Intimidating.
 ohio07
Msg: 149
Posted: 3/23/2009 5:49:03 PM
No, I'm disgusted by them. Especially the ones who are SO spoiled that they walk right over you and don't even feel the need to show the slightest amount of respect.

I don't care how "pretty" you are, THAT attitude makes you ugly as HELL! And I will gladly pass you by! Even if you are my ideal ten physically... lol!
 sammylg
Msg: 150
Posted: 3/23/2009 9:21:37 PM
I think it's more the attitude, than the look. I met Heidi Klum at an event and she was the easiest person to approach and talk to. On the other hand, I met plenty of b!tchy self proclaimed hotties with major attitudes that I wanted to run from.
 technohead
Msg: 151
Posted: 3/27/2009 3:44:21 AM
Me to .both men and women and for the same reason as SweetKristine (im not good enough) blah blah blah to help. i make it a point to approach women i normally wouldnt and just introduce myself and maybey ask her name . it gets easier everytime . i remeber the first time ... i saw her sitting at the bar, alone suprisingly anyway i decided right there i was gonna get her name (goal) so threw caution to the wind strolled over and said "hi my names paul" which came out "himynamespaul" she smiled , bent close to my ear & said WHAT ? i almost ran away but instead replied a little more loudly and asked her name She Said "Erica " and put out her hand ... i shook it... mumbled something like "nice to meet you" , "i just wanted to know your name" she smiled & i said "have a Great night" & left for the door ... mission accomplished. i never looked back and to this day i wonder if i had looked back at her , would she have been watching me leave? anyway my "therapy" has worked to a limitted degree it just makes it easier for me on the initial approach. but it failed to address the real problem , why i feel im not good enough for a beautiful woman.

paul

BouncyBall
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2009 5:06:13 AM
You know I think it just depends on how shy you are in general? When I was younger, say 17 and I met a lass who was dead attractive I would fall to pieces, generally ignore her and walk away haha, these days I'm the complete opposite and love a bit of chit chat with anyone. It's just life experience I guess....
 Leeanne
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2009 5:16:33 AM
To be intimitdated by anyone or anything would be a detriment to going forward in life. Simply because someone appears attractive certainly does not make someone any better than anyone else!
 NoQuarterGiven
Msg: 154
Posted: 3/27/2009 7:32:24 AM
I am pretty so I don't have to be intimidated.
 breeheel
Msg: 155
Posted: 1/13/2010 4:44:50 PM
Well Leeanne

'To be intimidated by anyone or anything would be a detriment to going forward in life. Simply because someone appears attractive certainly does not make someone any better than anyone else! "

There are some fishies who could learn from you. One lady on her profile says " Im very easy on the eyes and if you arent too, dont bother contacting me" And you wonder why they have been on pof for 5 years and still looking. I think for some people its more about getting a partner that will not only make them happy but be able to impress friends as well. Unfortunately looks are a major factor in yeh or ney in the dating world, and Ide say especially online dating .
 HoldingHands27
Msg: 156
Posted: 1/14/2010 3:19:21 AM
Only to ther point that I wouldn't think I'd have a Snowballs chance in Rio that
she'd be interested in ~me~...
But...if she took the initiative, and was impressed with something I did...
(Dance, sing, joke...etc...)
I'd make every effort to keep her interest...
At least till I discovered how severely Conceited she was...!

luckyhot777s
Msg: 157
Posted: 1/14/2010 5:03:56 AM
Not at all....I think its funny to not give them the attention they are used to and see how they handle it....opps, that sounds like I am intimidated....but I'm not....

It hits me the opposite....not all, but some really beautiful people are used to getting a lot of positive attention, but aren't too good at giving it out.....some are self centered and just takers....

Some are very nice though...I'm confident in who I am, and I don't hold pretty above the real important issues...who they are.

It sounds like you are young still, have a confidence problem, and haven't learned yet that pretty is just that and doesn't mean better.
 eattoplease
Msg: 158
Posted: 1/14/2010 5:38:37 AM
Believe it or not....everyone puts their pants on one leg at a time....while im not on here for a life time thing...when i meet someone...REAL is what I look for...in this day and age...thats what counts not a fasade....see it all the time and laugh...you'ill figure it out...good luck!
 kpooks
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2010 6:42:01 PM
Not in the least! Elevates MY desire to be "pretty", so I attempt, feebly, to rise to their "prettiness"!

"Pretty" begins in the heart. And exercise helps bring the heart to the surface...and shed those unwanted pounds. Hint, hint...

Even though I'm hardly fat, I am getting older, and, in the toughness that is required in the fight for survival, it's getting harder and harder to find that tender, sweet core. I watch the NBC show, Biggest Loser, and it is a huge inspiration for me, as it will be you. Those people are hugely obese, but took on the personal responsibility to push through the hell of their physical appearances and personal barriers to shed those pounds...and, in the process, as they heave and sweat and push, their inner beauty comes shining through.

Another suggestion is: Focus on what they're saying, and decide whether that is interesting to you. A lot of people might be what is considered "pretty", but I find them vacuous and uninteresting. What you need is to be with fellow nerds. I consider myself an athletic nerd. I like to hang with people who think and speak intelligently, and, if they're "pretty" too, great, added bonus, eye candy, fun to look at while we talk! Talking's what's left over when "prettiness" fades.
 ***wes***
Msg: 160
Posted: 1/14/2010 9:44:25 PM
Pretty/Famous people tend to be the most insecure... why do you think so many supermodels and celebs are alway's coked up. The reality is for the most part pretty people are probably going to be easier to talk to. The people I don't like talking to are the creepy panhandler types that approach me in the street, dirty, reeking of piss, accosting me for my hard earned money... these are the types that I shy away from... bring me a pretty person any day of the week over one of these.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Are you intimidated by "pretty" people?