Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > IQ is a garbage tool for determining intelligence      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 scorpiomover
Msg: 226
view profile
History
IQ is a garbage tool for determining intelligencePage 10 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
RE Msg: 220 by desertrhino:
Just for the record: Abelian generally (and in this case) makes sense, and Scorpio generally (and particularly in this case) doesn't make nearly as much sense.
Can I just add, "in your opinion"? Not everyone agrees with everything you believe, you know.

I think it has to do with Scorpio's self-proclaimed non-standard world-view and information processing...
I agree. I do think of things from angles few have even thought about in the present time.

He gets off on these incredible tangents that mean nothing to anyone but Scorpio,
I agree that I'm not as clear as I could be. I can explain them clearer. But that usually involves either condensing them to a single point, which no-one but me understands, or expanding them to several pages, which is more than most are prepared to read. Getting the right balance between the two, seems to take me an incredible amount of time.

and he CANNOT let go of them or admit they might be skew or outright flawed. That's pretty clearly what's happening here.
I just wrote that I'm going to read Stephen Pinker's book before I post on the topic, to see if I am wrong.
 nipoleon
Msg: 227
view profile
History
IQ is a garbage tool for determining intelligence
Posted: 7/30/2010 12:23:38 PM

Not intelligence but accomplishment.

Van Goethe was undoubtedly more intelligent than Newton but Newton is better remembered for his accomplishments.
Newton did more with what he had.
 Translation
Msg: 228
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2010 1:45:44 PM
Oh yes. Because calculus is less complicated than painting.
 sosdd
Msg: 229
Posted: 7/30/2010 2:40:33 PM
Can't say as I ever met anyone that scored high on the IQ test that wasn't intelligent. I have met people pissed off that they didn't score high and so they said the test was a bunch of crap. They felt they were so much more intelligent and superior, so they knocked the test instead of comprehending that it is just a tool to measure where you are.
 nipoleon
Msg: 230
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2010 6:00:40 PM

Oh yes. Because calculus is less complicated than painting

Perhaps you misunderstood.
I was talking about the great German poet, philosopher, scientist, Johann Van Goethe.... not the Dutch painter Vincent Van Goth.
 Translation
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2010 6:13:32 PM
No, but I am glad that you got part of my plucky comic relief.
 aremeself
Msg: 232
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2010 10:06:58 PM
a person with high IQ improperly channelled would suck, as opposed to an average properly channelled individual.

proper to me does not mean a crowd follower
 SoldAsIs
Msg: 233
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2010 11:13:00 AM

sounds like someone didn't do very well on their IQ test.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > IQ is a garbage tool for determining intelligence