Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Arkansas  > PLENTY OF FISH PARTY, Little Rock,AR. Sept 27, 2008 - Legion Club      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 numlet
Msg: 8
PLENTY OF FISH PARTY, Little Rock,AR. Sept 27, 2008 - Legion ClubPage 4 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Hey Guys the Ladies are signing up and now it is your time to respond. Look what happened last time. We had 157 people and the group was fairly evenly devided both men and women. The ones that emailed, said it was one of, if not the best, party they had ever attended, and it will be no less, in fact we expect it to be more this time. We are still planning the event. We have several ideas we are toying with, trying to decide which one You as the attendees will like the best. We will let you know as soon as we decide so keep watching the Bulletin Board in the Header Page of the Party Profile . Men it is time for you to let the ladies know you are coming by signing up, After all it is YOUR Party for there wouldn't be one without you. The more men that sign up the more ladies will follow.
Lets Get Ready To Fish on Sept 27th at the Legion Chuck and Mary
 numlet
Msg: 9
PLENTY OF FISH PARTY, Little Rock,AR. Sept 27, 2008 - Legion Club
Posted: 9/10/2008 11:31:09 AM
Hi Teapot: Jan and I are discussing things of that nature right now. The Legion really didn't show a profit off the meal at the 2nd party as they did the first. She is thinking about that. Also the entertainment before the dance is still being planned. We are talking about a lot of things and all of them are exciting. I will let you know but mid- week next week. We are definately going to have a good party. We will post here on the thread and in the Party Profile Header Page. Watch both next week. Thanks

Also: Welcome to the ones who have signed up early. Thanks for your eary post you won't be disappointed with your choice. It is still over 2 full weeks until the party and we hope to make YOUR party the very best. We are here to serve you if you have anything we can help you with just let us know. Chuck and Mary
 numlet
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/12/2008 8:26:08 AM
We now have conformation from both the Comfort Inn and the Holiday Inn for over night accomodations. Both these Quality Motor Hotels are located at the 6th street exit off Interstate 3o and are only 3 to 5 blocks away from the Legion Club and both offer Shuttle Service. Please check the Profile Header Page for your special over night price and Make your Reservations as soon as possible. Thanks Chuck and Mary

Thanks to the new signees. We are glad to have you choose OUR SCHOOL OF FISH at the Legion. We will be glad to make the ones that attended with us before feel at home again and are anxious to meet the ones that haven"t partied with us before. We are delighted to have you and we will try to see that everyone has a great time.
FISHING TIME IS ONLY 2 WEEKS AWAY. GET YOUR TACKLE READY, GET OUT YOUR BEST LURES, CHECK YOU LINE, MARK YOUR CALANDER, BUT MOST OF ALL, LET'S GET READY TO FISH ON THE 27TH AT THE LEGION.
 numlet
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/12/2008 9:56:56 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOO PIG, WOOOOOOOOOOPIG, WOOOOOOOOPIG SOOIE HEADS UP GUYS AND GALS , THE REAL DEAL PLENTY OF FISH PARTY HAS JUST BECOME A REAL DEAL WOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE, RAZORBACK FOOTBALL PARTY. THE LEGION HAS A 10 FOOT, I SAID A 10 FOOT, TV SCREEN IN THE DINING-LOUNGE AREA AND IT WILL BE TUNED TO THE RESCHEDULED RAZORBACK - TEXAS FOOT BALL GAME. WE WILL HAVE CHEER LEADERS ON HAND TO HELP US CALL THE HOGS. The time of the game has not been announced yet, but that doesn't matter. Whatever the time, the game will be going hot and heavy at the Legion. THE LEGION WILL BE SERVING STADIUM FOOD FOR YOUR DINING PLEASURE, ie, Hot Dogs, Nochos, FrenchFries, etc. BE SURE AND WEAR YOUR RAZORBACK RED AND COME ON OUT AND JOIN US. What more could you want in a party than Razorback Football, Plenty of Fish Ladies and Gentlemen, Beer and Food? We will fill in the Details as they come available, So stay tuned to this thread.
P.S. Before someone asks, Your $500 cover includes all except your food and drinks.

WHAT A DEAL, FISHING AND RAZORBACK FOOTBALL ALL IN ONE PACKAGE, AND AGAINST texas, NO LESS. GO HOGS - BEAT TEXAS Get ready to Fish at the legion on the 27th.
 numlet
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/15/2008 7:55:19 AM
Hey Folks the Arkansas-Texas Football Game will be in Austin, Not Little Rock. There was talk about moving it to Little Rock because of Ike but it is on in Austin. That makes our party even more important because you can watch the game on a 10 foot TV screen, Live.
I would like to welcome sexynana6 -Bonnie and sweetcheeks61 - Mary as Hostesses. They accepted my request and we now have a crew.

Thanks to all of you who have signed up. Our party is coming together and it is going to be a Great One just like the last two. We had 157 at the last party. I believe we will beat those numbers at this one. Come on out to YOUR party and let us know you are coming by signing up. Men we need you to sign up because the ladies are waiting. If you post that you are coming then more ladies will do like wise.
Your Crew: Mary, Bonnie, Mary and Chuck
Lets get ready to fish on the 27th at the Legion

Thanks Mary for the nice comments and undeserved atta boys. Chuck
 numlet
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/15/2008 6:07:56 PM
Hey Jd. Haven't heard a word from you, I'm glad you signed up. What do you think about the Razorbacks on the large screen tv? I f there is anything I can do for you just let me know. This is going to be another good party. Chuck
 numlet
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/16/2008 11:55:38 AM
Hi Ridge Runner: You might as well get on board and sign up. Lots of fun to be had. This is our third one and we had loads of fun. Go ahead and post that you are coming.
Chuck and Gang

Hey Little Rock Dancer I had been wondering where you were. Welcome and we are delighted to have you. See you on the 27th and let your friends know. Chuck and Gang.

Hi ellen too Glad to have you aboard. This is going to be one great party with people like you attending. See you on the 27th. Thanks Chuck and Gang
 numlet
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/16/2008 7:16:25 PM
Jd this is shaping up to be a good party. A lot of the old hands have not signed up yet. I will be glad to see you again buddy. Chuck
 Madymae
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2008 3:42:08 PM
Hi Y'all--

I'm new to POF so this is my first POF party. I'm excited about meeting others who dare advertise that you are lookin' for love, fun, someone, something ... whatever!

I have a plan. Why don't we make this the most fantastic POF party yet (& fill the room!) by each of us contacting several of the nicest, more interesting people we have been chatting with to let them know that this party will be the ideal time and place to meet--no strings--but those on the band's guitar! Cheers, Madymae
 numlet
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/17/2008 6:16:08 PM
Hi Madymae: We are very glad to have you join us for your party. There are still nine days until the 17th and most of the people who attend our parties haven't signed up yet, but they will. You are certainly welcome to email or call any friend you have and invite them to come. They Don't have to be POF members, It would, however be good if they would Join POF. Anyone else that wants to contact Thier Friends can do the same. We will be glad to have all of them and will make them feel right at home.
This is what is in store for our guests. We have a Smoke Free Facility that can accomodate 320 seated guests. We have Razorback Football on a 10 foot tv screen, starting at 2:30 pm. Karakoe, Dance starting at 8:00 with A LIVE Band. Free Door Prizes, Stadium Food. Safe Secure Parking on Premises. And Last but not least the Most Courterous and Congenial Party Guests You Have Ever Met. What a Deal.
LET'S ALL GET READY TO FISH ONE THE 27th AT THE LEGION.
MEN, THE LADIES ARE GETTING AHEAD OF YOU, YOU NEED TO SIGN UP AND KEEP OUR ATTENDEES BALANCED. YOU SIGN UP AND THE LADIES WILL FOLLOW SUIT.
 numlet
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/20/2008 6:30:00 PM
Ms: Maddie; We are certainly glad to have you join our school of fish. I don't have to tell you about POF Parties so come on out and have some fun with us. Chuck
 numlet
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/21/2008 2:11:58 PM
Hi Gun happy: I own a small fire arms dealership and have federal fire arms license. We are glad you decided to attend our party. You are certainly welcome. If we can assist you in any way just let us know. Chuck and Bonnie
Check your tackle put on a new hook and lets get ready to fish on Sept 27 at the Legion Club.
 numlet
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/21/2008 5:15:27 PM
Hi Ruthie Darling: I believe the kick off is at 2:30. It is ARKANSAS AND texas. May change those capitol letters around after the game. My belt buckle need a little shine put on it so bring it on. Se you Saturday. Chuck
 jan12781
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2008 8:44:00 PM
Sexynana....just trying to sign up for the party and having trouble......looking forward to the party....wearing my razorback red and bringing a couple of friends
 numlet
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/23/2008 7:37:55 AM
Ms Maddie we are glad to have you attend. I believe you will have a good time.
I also want to welcome Good Guy aboard. Thanks for signing up guy we need more men to step forward and post thier intentions of coming. The ladies need to see you posted.
We have 5 teacher, and 2 professional ladies coming from Texarkana that I know of that have not signed up. Also others have said they are bringing friends. We are shaping up to have a great party. It would, however, be nice if more of you would express your coming by posting that you are doing so. The more we have posted the more will attend and the Legion Seats 320, so we have room. Come early and watch the Razorbacks on the 10 foot TV screen and stay late till the Band Plays The last Cheaters Watlz. This party could be 12 hrs long if you take advantage of all events. Bring a bag and a toothbrush and stay all day. There is plenty of free parking with a security guard. Smoke Free and good friendly people t chat with. Just doesn't get any better than this. MEN YOU KNOW YOU ARE COMING AND WE NEED YOU TO POST SO THE LADIES CAN CHECK YOUR PROFILE AND BE WAITING TO MEET YOU. STOP CUTTING BAIT AND GETTING YOUR BEST TACKLE IN SHAPE AND POST NOW AND WE WILL HAVE EVEN MORE LOVELY LADIES THAT POST ALSO. LET'S ALL FISH AND FISH AND FISH AT THE LEGION ON SATURDAY AFTERNOON AND NIGHT. YOU MIGHT CATCH THAT WALL HANGER YOU HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR. Chuck and Bonnie are ready to assist you if you have questions, just ask.
 numlet
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/24/2008 6:31:27 AM
Well Issabee: I am delighted you ask. This band can play anything from Tiny Tims, Tip Toe Through the Tulips to Beethoven"s 5th. But being a Plenty of Fish Party they will Play Soft, Gentle Slow Songs that make people want to move up and touch one another, Beautiful, Romantic Waltzs, Fun Country Two Steps, Boot Scooting Boogie for the line dancers, Precision Swing Songs, Lively Fast Dances, Rock and Roll and have been known to throw in a little Latino for a good Rumba, Even do a medley of Elvis. I hope I didn't miss something, but I bet you get the drift. So, as I said they do play everything. It doesn't matter which era music is taken from, It just needs to fit the mood and the Warren Crow Band Fits the Mood. They are not just guitars and drums blowing the paint off the walls, but one of the finest party or dance bands in this country. The old saying goes, If you can"t be good be loud and they are not so loud that you cannot enjoy you new found friends company with conversation. They enjoy entertaining thier audiance. I don't believe I remember you signing up for a party before but If you haven"t had the pleasure of dancing to the Music of the Warren Crow Band you need to push that old sign up button and be at the Leagon on Saturday Night.
Oh Yes: They do take requests if you visit the tip jar first. See You at the Party Saturday Night. Thanks Chuck
 numlet
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/24/2008 7:28:12 AM
Hi lduster. Welcome to our party and Thank you for responding to our call for more MEN to sign up and come. Gentlemen we have a virtual flower garden of beautiful ladies just ready to be picked by you to dance with and start a new friendship. You need to do as lduster did and hit that old sign up button and let these fair ladies know you are coming. The Legion will be open at 1:30 pm for the kickoff of the Razorback-LongHorn Football game at2:30, come on out early and watch on the 10 foot tv screen. Some of the ladies have indicated they will be there also. We have at least 7 ladies coming from Texarkana and part of them are coming on Friday to Shop and Eat as they put it. Only 2 of them are signed up. They will be there early. Come on men, Let's see your Handsome faces along with the rest of us, so the ladies can choose you and be looking for you. It is almost Fishing Time. Let"s get ready to FISH.
 numlet
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/24/2008 2:09:56 PM
First I would like to welcome harley wade to the party. Hey guy, like the bike. We are glad to have you. If we can assist you in any way let us know.

O.K. LADIES; LISTEN UP. HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO RE-LIVE THE PAST AND FULFILL A LIFE LONG DREAM. THE LEGION HAS ASK ME TO FIND SOME CHEER LEADERS. WE HAVE ONE ON BOARD AT THIS TIME. IF YOU DON'T RESPOND I MAY HAVE TO RENT A COSTUME AND THAT AIN'T GONNA BE PURTY. THAT SHOULD BE ENOUGH INCENTIVE FOR YOU TO RESPOND. YOU KNOW YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO BE A RAZORBACK CHEER LEADER AND CALL THEM HOGS. YOU CAN WEAR YOUR SCHOOL OR COLLEGE OUTFIT AND IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THE SCHOOL. IF YOU DON'T HAVE A OUTFIT YOUR SCHOOL SWEATER WILL BE FINE. HELP US OUT AND EMAIL ME AT MY PRIVATE POF EMAIL amvetret.

ALSO: THE OFFICIAL TIME FOR THE DOORS TO OPEN IS 2:oo pm BUT IF YOU COME A LITTLE EARLY THE DOORS WILL PROBABLY BE UNLOCKED. LET'S CALL THEM HOGS, DO KARAKOE, AND THEN DANCE AT 8:00. WHAT A PARTY!!!!!
 numlet
Msg: 26
Posted: 9/24/2008 9:58:40 PM
Hi Lookinforlovinu: We ar e glad you picked our party. You will be glad you did. We have the cream of the crop as you will find out. If there is anything we can do to help just ask. Chuck and Bonnie
 Madymae
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2008 3:17:23 PM
issabee---I don't think the band plays metal, top 40, pop, or classical. But the band is certainly easy to listen and dance to. There is also Karaoke before the dance--with many types of songs on the book so choose your favorite and sing it or you can dance if someone else sings one you like! I doubt there is a band anywhere that plays all kinds of music--and if they do--they probably don't play any kind very well. Remember "You can't always get what you want , but if you try sometime, you just might find... you get what you need." So come have fun!!
 numlet
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/25/2008 4:45:01 PM
Hi madymae and bill: We are glad you folks are ready to party. Madymae you had been so quiet I thought maybe you were out of town. good to hear from you guys. I now have 2 cheerleaders that I know of and I thought maybe you two could help us I would but man I have a Bad Back.

TO ALL YOU OTHERS THAT HAVEN'T SIGNED UP, JUST TONIGHT AND TOMORROW NIGHT AND THEN WE ARE OUT OF HERE TO PARTY, PARTY, PARTY. REMEMBER ALSO THAT THE LEGION HAS AMPLE IF NOT PLENTY OF FREE PARKING AND AN ATTENDANT ON DUTY. SAFE IN AND OUT EVEN IF YOU ARE ALONE. LAST TIME WE HAD MORE THAN DOUBLE THE GUESTS THAT WE HAD SIGNED UP AND HAD A BALL.
MENU: ARKANSAS FOOTBALL AT 2:30, KARAKOE AT 7:00 AND THEN THE DANCE WITH THE WARREN CROW BAND AT 8:00 . WHAT A PARTY. WHAT A DEAL. TIME TO PUT THE CHUM BUCKET ASIDE AND YOUR TACKLE SHOULD BE ALL READY. LET'S GET READY TO FISH AT THE LEGION.
 funvac
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2008 7:55:50 AM
Thank you for the welcome. I look forward to meeting new friend's and dancing Saturday. Funvac..
 numlet
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/26/2008 6:09:09 PM
Hey FunVac: Glad you are coming and you will enjoy yourself, i know. I am in the process of getting my things together for tomorrow night. I am getting excited. There are a lot of ladies coming and We still need more men. I believe we will have a large crowd just like last time. See you tomorrow night. Chuck

Hey bill are you going to ride that harley hog. The Legion has good secure parking. Should be a good night for a ride.

Hey Jd and Jim, you got your dancing shoes all shined up and ready to get down.

It"s Almost Party time. Shure seems like a long time.
 numlet
Msg: 32
Posted: 9/26/2008 9:02:26 PM
Hi Robin: Thanks for the post. The way this party is organized all you have to do is show up wanting to be entertained. Parking, No Problem, Venue, No Problem., Attendees, No Problem, All the events plus Dance Band starting at 8:oo No Problem, Karakoe at 7:00, No problem, Now Arkansas playing Texas could be a Problem but we don't expect one. fingers crossed. You just put on your party dress and dancing shoes, Caus we are going to Fish, Dance and have loads of Fun as we always do.
Will be nice to meet you tomorrow night. Chuck
 numlet
Msg: 33
Posted: 9/27/2008 4:52:57 AM
WELL THE 27th IS HERE AND YOU ARE STILL NOT SIGNED UP FOR THE PARTY. THE BIG "D DAY" IS HERE AS IN DANCE DAY. YOU STILL HAVE TIME ALTHOUGH VERY LITTLE. WE WILL ALL BE WAITING FOR YOU AT THE LEGION TODAY TO PARTY AND HAVE FUN. THE LADY OR GENTLEMAN OF YOUR DREAMS MAY BE WIATING ALSO, BUT HOW WILL YOU FIND OUT IF YOU DON'T ATTEND. WE WISH YOU WELL BUT MOST OF ALL WE WISH YOU WOULD COME TO THE REAL DEAL PARTY AT THE LEGION.
CHUCK, BONNIE AND THE WHOLE PLENTY OF FISH GANG!!!!!!!!!!

RAZORBACK FOOT BALL AT 2:30 ON A 10 FOOT SCREEN, KARAKOE AT 7:00, DANCE WITH THE WARREN CROW BAND AT 8:00, OH YES. DID I MENTION, PLENTY OF FREE, SECURE PARKING AT THIS EVENT, ALL THE WALKING YOU WILL HAVE TO DO IS FROM YOUR CAR TO THE DOOR. SEE YOU THERE.
Show ALL Forums  > Arkansas  > PLENTY OF FISH PARTY, Little Rock,AR. Sept 27, 2008 - Legion Club