Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > my boyfriend still has profile up on POF, what do I do?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Qadeshnow
Msg: 227
my boyfriend still has profile up on POF, what do I do?Page 11 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Luckee, he is addicted to this and possibly other website on the net. He has developed the habit of getting positive feedback from lots of women, as he needs it for his self-esteem. And without 'logging on' and getting that feedback, it's like a drug, and it makes him feel horrible. Unfortunately, unless he will realize and admit he's hooked, he won't give it up. In fact, in an addict's mind, why should he. He gets to have a great woman in real time, and get his fix whenever he wants to. By telling you he won't give it up, even if it means hurting your feelings, he's telling you he loves to have you, but he loves to get his attention from other women more than you. If you say he spends all that time with you, he obviously DOES feel alot for you, but he wants to have a girlfriend and act like a single man at the same time. And by you not acting on your discomfort over this, you're telling him it's okay. I've seen this many many times. People get so hooked on these things, as soon as no real human contact is immediate, they RUSH to the computer. It's sad, but you have a decision to make. Either accept him the way he is (you don't have to, some women do though), or don't and walk away. I think you'll probably do the former and stay because it looks like he's addicted to POF, but you're addicted to him.
 Kat007101
Msg: 228
my boyfriend still has profile up on POF, what do I do?
Posted: 4/24/2009 9:20:28 PM
I have to agree with badkitty718...this is very familiar to me too...after 6 months, he told me he was networking..after 8 months, I gave the ultimatium..take your profile off the dating website or I'm outta here... he took his profile off (that website)...apparently last week (after 10 months) he has been secretly on another dating website...and his networking turned into meeting women.. our relationship was a discussed, committed and very happy one...but one that was to be committed...and well..he broke that trust with his lies. If he is out there "dating" other women behind my back..online or otherwise...well... not worth my time of the day... these sites are good for meeting other people, dating, but always searching for the next best thing while keeping one on the burner...soooo not cool! Keep your guard up ...but keeping an eye on him online will eventually drive you crazy!
 HuneyBear69
Msg: 229
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2009 3:47:38 PM
Well, in all seriousness.. you should let me at least have it for right now.. maybe the women he is talkin to on here are still his friends. You have to give him some trust or your relationship is doomed to fail..
 army3
Msg: 230
Posted: 5/24/2009 3:55:05 PM
I'd give him the ultimatum. Places like business wbsites and myspace are for networking. This place is a dating website. Not ragging on people that are here for just friends or anything, but he needs to go to a different site for networking. You may be happy, but that don't mean he's not still trying to have his cake and eat some on the side.
 sarsss
Msg: 231
Posted: 5/25/2009 9:56:04 AM
Ah, I had one guy, who is just kind of friend, take me to dinner and, then, introduced me as his girlfriend to some of his friends he saw there!

Many of my friend shock me like this, when, in fact, they just like to show off even after I tell them that we are just friends...

You can't make someone want only you if they do not or make someone stop searching if they feel they haven't found the one! However, if he does not consider you the one, you should not consider him the one. If he is still searching, you should continue your search too...
 sends
Msg: 232
Posted: 5/25/2009 7:09:14 PM
Let him go..as his actions speak louder than his words. Seems to be alot of this bad behavior going on.
 StillBoredFme
Msg: 233
Posted: 5/26/2009 1:13:45 AM
I know I'm younger but from a nice guys perspective... If I were you'r boyfriend and I knew it bothered you, I would do what I had to do to make that happy. I would probably still want a profile, but I definitely would not have it say I'm available for dates. If having the profile up still upset you, I would just go ahead and delete. That is my two cents!
 notdesperate36
Msg: 234
Posted: 5/27/2009 12:04:00 PM
ok...this makes 2 that i've read today....
what are you on here talking about you're bf having a profile on pof...and you do as well...should he not kick you to the curb as well?
get real....
if you can't handle it, but an end to it...but don't sit around and whine about it.
 ShadowGal4u
Msg: 235
Posted: 5/27/2009 3:13:31 PM
Um, worrying about this will eventually tell him that you are no longer "the coolest woman" he's ever known.

some of us make friends on here and like to chat just like any other forum.

if the sex is as good for him as it is for you.....then what's wrong?

I don't know the whole story but it appears you have or are having some insecurities about your relationship.

My only advice is to sit down and talk with him rationally about how you feel. DO NOT point fingers at what YOU think HIS behavior means. Simply tell him how you feel.

PS. After said talk, DO NOT bring it up again. And don't go looking for problems when there aren't any.
 NiceBlkGuyOhio
Msg: 236
Posted: 5/30/2009 5:46:03 AM
Dump him if he still has a profile on here
 hotsoccermom1
Msg: 237
Posted: 5/31/2009 5:40:10 AM
You know there is a nother way you can im your friends without downloading yahoo messenger. I had the same problem at work. Yahoo has a beta version and requires no download. It is http://webmessenger.yahoo.com It works just like yahoo without a lot of the bells and whistles...
 advance4000
Msg: 238
Posted: 5/31/2009 6:30:50 AM
....what does your "gut" or your "instincts" tell you?
 Sweetheart1021
Msg: 239
Posted: 5/31/2009 8:31:33 AM
A couple years ago I met my ex on a personals site. I had a profile on POF and another site as well. When we decided to go exclusive, we both deleted eachothers profiles as a token of our commitments to eachother.
You can suggest you two do the same. If networking is a major concern, there are plenty other sites for that. Tell him to try FaceBook, MySpace, Twitter, etc.
 MissMinnieMoose
Msg: 240
Posted: 6/14/2009 3:35:20 AM
I would have to say... -touche-
 stargazer11997722
Msg: 241
Posted: 2/9/2012 12:38:09 AM
I have the same story. I have been dating my bf for a year and a half. He talks and acts very much like he's in it for the long haul. Gave me the same story about having friends here and stuff. I had some friends he does not know try and chat him up but he either declined them or told them he had a gf. OK, so what the heck? Is this proof positive that he's really here for old friends? He even changed his profile to say he was only looking for friends....well what now? It hurts because I don't really know what he's up to here. I'm taking a huge chance and my kids are involved. Either I'll win or lose really big. What do you think?
 timetofindyou11
Msg: 242
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2015 7:53:19 AM
I wonder how this all turned out for you. I went down this road you did, and it was a slippery road.
 Ainen
Msg: 243
Posted: 3/6/2015 11:20:26 AM
Seeing this thread title near the top made me realize we've gone surprisingly long without a new thread by an insecure, possessive gal who expects a guy to delete his profile. Invariably she still has her account and logs on to see he's online. She's a hypocrite! At least the one who started this thread did things to justify exclusivity. Some of the gals who start this type of thread haven't even met him in person yet!

Because men send the vast majority of first messages, it is safe for a man to maintain an account without leading on any women or getting tempted by a first message from a woman. Meanwhile, any woman who has any type of account will still get significant numbers of online advances. Therefore, she's the one who should delete her account.

This thread began in 2008 and the first post refers to a lame feature that's been removed. In ancient times, profiles revealed how many people have named you as a favorite. Anyone can name someone a favorite, so that doesn't mean he was cheating with those people. The closest thing to that now is the feature that shows what gifts they've received in the past 30 or so days.

I appreciate the long time we went without one of these threads. Another category of oft-repeated topics we've been free for a while are the ones about messaging: what kind of messages do girls want to receive, why don't I get responses, why do I get messages from the wrong people, etc.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 244
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2015 6:19:47 PM
It has been only a few weeks since he has mentioned you are his girlfriend. But it is still FWB at this stage, I feel. I dont feel it is time for ultimatums.

He may be leaving his options open but until he has made commitment noises and it has been some months at least, he is entitled to do that. He will say whatever to keep the sex going of course. You are "open minded" he says. In other words you are happy to have the hot casual sex whilst he has his profile up. I would be doing the same and leave my options open. If you press him about your concerns and act too possessive, he may disappear. Early days...
 clooneystutor
Msg: 245
Posted: 7/9/2015 4:28:41 AM
Keep him happy, and he'll commit eventually :)
 LadyLuvsBlack
Msg: 246
Posted: 8/7/2015 5:50:26 PM
Im sorry but what hes saying is BS......Who comes onto a dating site to network? let me get sarcastic here for you...whats he networking for? potential future dates? come on people?!
networking happens on sites like linkedin or other professional sites not a dating site, hes leaving a line of communication open with his flirts
If these two are dating now? and are a couple? then the profiles should come down! stop making excuses for the excuse guy that still wants to leave his options open! hes not committing to her! hes using her by what shes saying!getting every need met! along with his selfish need to still continue in conversation with women still looking to date! He's disregarding her issues with it and continues on with the site...what hes doing is disrespecting her and what he has with her....she has two choices....agree to his selfish ways or stand up for her own dignity and self-respect ...she needs to respect herself enough to say what hes doing isn't acceptable if that's how she feels.....why do women settle and tolerate disrespect in relationships? is it because she feels she cant do better ? and he knows it as well?
 sweettea091
Msg: 247
Posted: 8/8/2015 12:17:07 PM
"My boyfriend still has profile up on POF, what do I do?" You can't be serious... Why would you want to stay with a guy who's just settling for you for the moment? Cause that's what he's doing! Get some confidence and toss his butt to the curb!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > my boyfriend still has profile up on POF, what do I do?