Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Why do you think Sarah will not speak to the media?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 130
Why do you think Sarah will not speak to the media?Page 12 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Yup. I'm a Canadian, and not running for office, and I immediately thought of the Dred Scott decision. It was hardly a trick question. And she took to the media to lambaste the Exxon Valdez decision by the Supreme Court.

I'm guessing it was a brain fart - you know how one thing gets into your head and you can't shake it? I'm betting when the topic of terrible Supreme Court decisions was brought up all she could think of was Bush v Gore.
 faith2565
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Why do you think Sarah will not speak to the media?
Posted: 10/3/2008 6:42:13 PM
She does not speak because she does not know the answers.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2008 2:07:17 PM
I am really happy with how well Govenor Palin did in the VP debate.

McCain/Palin 08
 ManeRider
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2008 3:15:36 PM
^^^^^^^^^^ Perhaps you missed her interviews with Katie Couric
.....or are you just ignoring those gaffes.

I'm amazed how many people just LOVE the idiocy associated with republican politics.
 junipermoon
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2008 4:16:42 PM
imagine if, by some bizarre twist of fate, the neanderthal ended up in a position of power.

imagine if we got hit again by terrorists, what would she say?

something like 'well, doggone it, mr. bin laden. there ya go again! i'll just have to go talk to that general mclellan again.' (nudge-nudge-wink-wink)

sorry. i think we need someone a bit more sophisticated and dignified to handle issues on a global scale. let's try someone who can pronounce 'nuclear.'

Obama
O8
O yeah
 fridayboo
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2008 5:23:01 AM
We can't get her to stop now!!! aahhhhhh
 ManeRider
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2008 8:58:53 AM
Palin's taken a big hit in the media, but then, she stepped up and took the bait from McCain. IF she wasn't ready-for-prime-time, she should have stayed home back in Wasila.

I can't imagine her in office, unless it's a beauty pageant office.

She's been on numerous interviews, now that the campaign is over, mainly to garner support for a run in 2012. What a not-so-funny joke. The whole MCCane/Failin platform was a joke. I'm just so glad this one is over and I'll glibly enjoy hearing all the whining that's going to ensue.

Anyone notice how the political forums have gone down to nothing? Gee, I have to wonder if the ones who spoke so openly for MCCane/Failin are beginning to rethink their issues instead of spewing their rhetoric in here? Could it be the overwhelming consensus? Could it be the possibility of a "Super-Majority" in Congress has put the republican/Bush/Chenyey/Palin/MCain platform where it belongs.....in the toilet?

It is SO time for a change, a revamping of our government and the current policies and special interest we've seen for so long. I don't think this movement is going to be short-lived, either. For 20 of the past 28 yrs, we've been under right-wing politics....and we could be looking at something along the lines of at least a 20 year democratic control of governement. Hillary projected political extinction for republicans and this election is clearly showing promise to her speculations. Now THAT ....... would be a perfect world.

GoBama 08
 where4
Msg: 137
Posted: 11/18/2008 12:45:05 AM
Oh, this piece in the NYTimes by Dick Cavett is just too funny!

http://cavett.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/11/14/the-wild-wordsmith-of-wasilla/?em

geeleebee
Msg: 138
Posted: 11/18/2008 10:52:27 AM
Sarah Palin, speaking about...you tell me.

My concern has been the atrocities there in Darfur and the relevance to me with that issue as we spoke about Africa and some of the countries there that were kind of the people succumbing to the dictators and the corruption of some collapsed governments on the continent, the relevance was Alaska's investment in Darfur with some of our permanent fund dollars.

Again, I wonder what the hell McCain was thinking when Palin was asked to run with him. I guess we'll never know...
 where4
Msg: 139
Posted: 11/18/2008 10:34:14 PM

Wonder what Sarah will do with her 7 million from the future book deal?
Obviously, she'll use it as "qualification" to make her next run for national office! The party of appearances is not missing a beat in grooming her empty head for future contests. It's not like she'll actually be doing any writing or anything. Somebody else will be doing that for her, but she'll sign her name to it and she'll be off to the next race!

Oh yeah - the money. Charles is right: she can buy her own clothes next time.

We all understand that a star was born in 2008! Such is our pop culture. We'll just have to wait and see if the rabid rightwing base of the party will be strong enough to carry Sarah to power in the future. Seems that the more reasonable Repubs gave up and jumped ship in '08 after such a boob was put on their ticket.
 ManeRider
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2008 12:51:46 PM
Sarah Palin, speaking about...you tell me.

(Sarah Palin) My concern has been the atrocities there in Darfur and the relevance to me with that issue as we spoke about Africa and some of the countries there that were kind of the people succumbing to the dictators and the corruption of some collapsed governments on the continent, the relevance was Alaska's investment in Darfur with some of our permanent fund dollars.

I think Palin was just lucky to affiliate the right Country with Darfur.
OF all the politcal arenas Iv'e witnessed since the late 70's, I don't think Iv'e E-V-E-R seen such a knumbskull like Palin. I have a 15 yr old daughter who would shame Palin by answering the same questions she was asked. What further astounds is the fact that Palin just continues on, as if it's nobodies business. I would be M-O-R-T-I-F-I-E-D to have had similar gaffes, and yet..... she plods on like it's nothing. Maybe she needs commendation for her "resiliency"? Nothing sticks to her, like water off a ducks back. It's amazing to witness.

The party of appearances is not missing a beat in grooming her empty head for future contests
We all understand that a star was born in 2008! Such is our pop culture. We'll just have to wait and see if the rabid rightwing base of the party will be strong enough to carry Sarah to power in the future. Seems that the more reasonable Repubs gave up and jumped ship in '08 after such a boob was put on their ticket.

Very succinctly put, thank you.

Palin's intellect , (or lack thereof) is what scares me so much. How does such a person ever even make a governor's seat, let alone, a run for a parties Veep?
It just staggers the mind how stupid you can be and still be in politics, but moreso, the people who support people like her. That;s an even scarier concept.
 junipermoon
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2008 3:51:58 PM

(Sarah Palin) My concern has been the atrocities there in Darfur and the relevance to me with that issue as we spoke about Africa and some of the countries there that were kind of the people succumbing to the dictators and the corruption of some collapsed governments on the continent, the relevance was Alaska's investment in Darfur with some of our permanent fund dollars.

i love this because of the way they taught her some .50 words and catch-phrases to throw around so she'd sound articulate. so, what does the neanderthal do? strings them all together in some sort of demented, rambling babble that almost makes bush seem adequately intellegent by comparison. i really do love it!
 d0rene
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2008 6:29:26 PM
The GOP think that she is representative of Joe Six-Pack and the type of blue collar worker and Clinton supporter in middle class America. How can the GOP be so wrong? They have completely stopped listening to the middle class. They have blocked anyone who remotely disagrees with W from any of his public appearances and they have completely cut the two way communication and turned it to simply trying to manipulate the media to follow their chosen agenda. Look at Palin immediately screeching that she was cleared of all ethics charges in the firing of the Alaska official. If you scream it loud enough maybe they won't look at the written facts. Joe Six-Pack doesn't read, right?

The GOP needs some serious reorginization.
 ManeRider
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2008 8:31:42 AM

(barbe) ^^^ yes, I know the feeling. My question is this? The election is over, she has been vanquished, why is she still bothering you? Feeling threatened are ya?

(southernlass) Careful now, Barbe hon -- some of the barracuda's in these here waters have really bad teeth and they'll run screaming to tell the dentist on ya. lol.

I do think it terribly strange that the left and the media have this obsession with little ole Sarah Palin.

I've yet to see Letterman do a single joke on Obama in the style that he enjoys ripping republicans new arsholes on a nightly basis for the last 8 years.

What seems overtly obvious is that many readers here still cling to their party lines, in spite of some very rudimentary facts, F-A-C-T-S like Palin made some of the most erroneous of gaffes while in the publics eye. If this is the best the GOP has to offer, it's no wonder she's taking some heat and people are making a mockery of her. Like Juniper said, she makes Dubya seem almost intelligent. In keeping with that thought, it astounds so many people that the GOP continue to offer up some of the most anti-intellectual candidates........Bush barely graduated, due to his abusive lifestyle....palin went to 5 different colleges and community schools for a BA in journalism, considered the easiest of degrees, in many circles. McCain finished just above last place in the naval academy...and only then because his dad/granddad were admirals in the navy......they pulled his azz through in spite of the fact that anyone else with as many demerits as he had would have been sent packing.....and then A-N-D- - -T-H-E-N- the same people who aspire to elect such intellectually challenged candidates... would choose to berate one of the most highly accomplished of academias...that of Barack Obama....who not only graduated Columbia and Harvard, 2 of the most prestigious universities in the Country, but who went on to graduate magna cum laude in Harvard Law School, as well as being nominated the first black president of said law school. That's the top tier of the highest order.

It's just so cute to watch people who see only what they want to see...
the party of appearances is failing miserably....and the consensus over this F-A-C-T .....visible in the "Super Majority" arising in Congress....and across the Country... seems pale in their eyes. Sorry, but that's laughable in any and every regard.

People, and the media, have an obsession for Palin.....ha.... they've never had such a bozo to make fun of.

There's no barracuda teeth lurching in here, there are genuinely concerned people who are sick and tired of politics that the GOP have brought forward in recent years, and it's comical to make the assertion that those who speak against the likes of Palin are barracudas. IF the GOP is tired of the immense criticisms, they should rethink some of their decision making, stop giving people an opportunity to exploit the obvious, and start putting people in line that are deserving of respect, not the baffoons we've come to know as republicans.

The only threatening ideas are that people like Palin "could have been" elected into office.
 cotter
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2008 7:11:17 PM

Like Juniper said, she makes Dubya seem almost intelligent. In keeping with that thought, it astounds so many people that the GOP continue to offer up some of the most anti-intellectual candidates........
It's what apparently appeals to the "highly intelligent" population of our country ...

It's just so cute to watch people who see only what they want to see...
I've noticed that really smart people have problems keeping the "blinders" on ...

Her latest deal with the turkeys is going to get her still more "UNDESIRABLE" press. Even after the camera man told her about it ... she was so stupid she didn't think it would matter. Now that's dense. No I take that back ... that's just plain pathetic.
 geeleebee
Msg: 145
Posted: 11/21/2008 8:37:28 PM

A reporter asked Palin if she was okay with the backdrop. The Alaskan Governor answered, "no worries." As the bird's head was removed, the man looked over his shoulder at the governor and reporters and flashed a toothy grin.

"I was happy to be invited to participate in, in this, and, uh, and, you know, for one, you need a little bit of levity in this job, especially with a, uh, so much that has gone on in the last couple of months that has been so, um, political, ah, obviously, that it's nice to get out and, and do something to promote a local business and, and to uh, just participate in something that isn't so, um, heavy-handed politics that, uh, invites criticism," said the governor in what appeared to be a single sentence.

"Certainly we'll even invite criticism for doin' this too, but at least this was fun!" she pronounced.

This video is from MSNBC's Countdown, broadcast Nov. 20, 2008.

Benefit of the doubt: I honestly don't think that Palin knew what was happening behind her--she's the mother of a little girl, and was probably horrified when she realized what happened.
At the same time, this is the same kind of thoughtless behavior I observed on the campaign trail--speaking before thinking.

Pretty sure the turkey losing its head wasn't the 'levity' to which she referred.
 d0rene
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2008 8:52:30 PM

some of the barracuda's in these here waters have really bad teeth and they'll run screaming to tell the dentist on ya. lol

Oh, how classy, what a 'lil sweetie you are.
 where4
Msg: 147
Posted: 11/22/2008 1:25:45 AM
I'm no Palin fan but this turkey story and all the overblown coverage it's gotten are just stupid. When you get right down to it, maybe those of us who eat meat ought to be a little more aware of where it comes from. I say leave Sarah alone on this one. Shame on the PR and media people who set this one up.

Dorothy, you're not in Kansas anymore!
 geeleebee
Msg: 148
Posted: 11/22/2008 8:27:39 AM

Me, I'm beyond ready for the public embarrassment that is Sarah Palin to go away.

Not so hasty, my young friend--she's given us some of the best SNL in years!

I do wonder, though, wasn't anyone from her staff with her? Couldn't they see those turkeys being dispatched?

This just reminds me of Dan Quayle...
 where4
Msg: 149
Posted: 11/24/2008 3:44:55 AM
Ok, ok! I confess! I'm still visiting the Anchorage Daily News sometimes, since I got into the habit during the campaign!

http://www.adn.com/opinion/view/story/596689.html

Our view: Dropouts
Alaska's efforts to keep kids in school are substandard
Published: November 21st, 2008 12:21 AM
Last Modified: November 21st, 2008 02:45 AM

(I am not including the text of the op/ed story here. You can follow the link if you’re interested in reading it. What really made me start shaking my head was some of these comments! – Where4)

truthNak wrote on 11/21/2008 0354 PM:
"Liberals" and their sick views of how to raise EVERYONES children is what has caused public schools their ability to correctly deal with problem youth. The old saying: "The teachers are afraid of the admin. the admin are afraid of the school board, the school board is afraid of the parents and the parents are afraid for their kid. The kid however is afraid of nobody!" This is what happens when dope smokin hippies run the community and school systems.........kids run the joint (no pun intended). But no worries......the liberals will go do what they always do: Blame someone else and try another smoked up idea to save everyone from themselves again and mess things up worse.....nothing new.......ROTFLMAO!
Recommend (0) Report abuse

crbypass wrote on 11/21/2008 0431 PM:
truthNak - Yep, it's liberal's faults, for sure. The conservatives sure know how to raise kids. That's why uber-conservative Sarah Palin's oldest children have turned out so well. They've both finished high school, are going to college, and have illustrious careers ahead of them, all thanks to their conservative upbringing and their schooling in super conservative, no-dropouts-allowed Wasilla. Oh, wait....
Recommend (1) Report abuse

• bosshog wrote on 11/21/2008 0602 PM:
truthNak -- so I guess the evil liberals are to blame for Sarah Palin's two high school drop-out children (one pregnant and one forced to choose between the military or jail), as well as her high school drop-out son-in-law-to-be Uh-huh. Where does the parent's responsibility come into play? And by the way, Sarah Palin was an admitted dope-smoker in her younger days. Hmmm....maybe we could give her the new nickname of Reefer Barbie.
Recommend (1) Report abuse

I can’t help but continue reading about Governor Palin since we were so close to having her a heartbeat from the presidency; and, more importantly, since the right wing of the Republican party seems to think she’s viable for winning the White House back for them in the not-too-distant future.

I also went back recently and viewed video from Charlie Rose, October 12, 2007 - way before Palin dreamt of being McCain’s pitbull with lipstick. Charlie was featuring interviews with powerful women. This program he hosts Governors Sarah Palin of Alaska and Janet Napolitano of Arizona (recently named to be in Obama’s cabinet). Two times Charlie tried to get Palin to discuss education issues in her state. Both times she avoided saying much about the issue. If you go and watch this interview you’ll see that her technique (so appallingly used in the VP debate) of ignoring the question asked and instead launching off on the answer she has practiced--namely, energy development in Alaska--is nothing new for Sarah.

(The contrast between these two female governors is incredible! It's easy to see which one was NOT able to ride the beauty pageant route into high office! )

http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/8736

I only wish Sarah Palin WOULD just disappear from national politics. Don’t count on it.
 gizmosellschickens
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2008 5:02:47 AM
Media keeps doing this it gonna make Palin wanna run for office more lol Remember the Republican party base has core princples they will stick by thick and thin. Palin should only speak to local media will 2012. Palin Bashing is probaldy not good long term because it only excites the base more to go vote her in 2012 as presidental candidate. Elitism is turnoff for the redmeat eating masses in heartland.
 ManeRider
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2008 6:14:50 AM

Wow Mane, for someone who is so party biased, I can't help but chuckle that you would try to point out someone elses bias, a bit ironic if you ask me . Let me be clear so that hopefully you can grasp my point of view. I have no political allegiance to Sarah Palin, I did not feel like she was a good choice for Vice President, however I do admire her as a strong woman in a very tough business. I find her engaging, and I'd probably like to be her friend.

The issue, in this particular case, isn't as much party affiliation, so much as it is credentials and mere logical thought. AS an American, I've been rather "ashamed" that the world watched those same gafffes from Palin that I did. AS a member of her party, I'd have to just go hide my face and stop trying to carry the torch, admitting that she was a miserable mistake to begin with. My Gawd, what part of stupid is so hard to comprehend. (?) I'd like to hang out with Palin, I've made that statement several times, but on issues of national defense, budget, foreign policies, et al, like I've said, I've got a 15 yr old daughter who would give Palin a run for her money, and there's very little exageration to that. Now, in terms of appearance and style, Palin's a winner, hands down.
People have "attacked" Palin because there's so much about her that's laughable. Obama? Well, he's got some seriously big ears, but.....otherwise, he's blue chip all the way. Trying to compare these two tickets (Obama/Biden-Palin/McCain) is like trying to compare steak tar-tar and lobster newburgh with a Big Mac and an order of fries. There really is no comparison. And if people want effect change and relief, there's a clear choice based on merit, alone. That's not party affiliation, it rudimentary fact, reason, and logical thought. BTW, Obama's already asked McCain to help in his administration, so he's already shown the initiative in reaching across those party lines.
 cotter
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2008 4:39:42 PM
I think the reason "Sarah will not speak to the media" ... back then and now as well ... she's an idiot and needs to be babysat every time she opens her mouth. Of course we all know that now, but back when this thread was started ... we had no idea what a fool she is/was.

Look at all the problems she made for McCain ... he was constantly having to clean up her messes and apologizing for her.
 ManeRider
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2008 7:39:47 AM

Look at all the problems she made for McCain ... he was constantly having to clean up her messes and apologizing for her

I dont' think she realizes her dumbfoundedness...... I think she's really that dense....and I would surmise her IQ is at or less than Shrubs. Neither are what we'd call a sharp tool in the shed. What they lack in intelectual prowess they make up for, at least in some part, by being gregarious and having a flair that certain people identify with, the party line holders who only seek to further their own ambitions.
They both amaze me with how ignorant and ill-informed one can be and still hold high office.
More amazing to me was the joint interview MCCain/Palin did with Couric to try and turn it around....but it was too late....even then, she managed to say something that MCCain had to fend off for her. And she negated the notion that she'd lost him any votes, but apoligized if she had lost him even one vote. Considering the nation was awaiting his veep pick, I'd say he handed them a choice they simply could not live with unless you're the base of the party, the evangelicals. Those hardcore thumpers loved her.... idiocy and all.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Why do you think Sarah will not speak to the media?