Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Why do you think Sarah will not speak to the media?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 junipermoon
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Why do you think Sarah will not speak to the media?Page 2 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
i suspect the campaign management needs to script her every utterance.

hearing her campaign speech put me in mind of a petulant pre-adolescent shrieking schoolyard taunts.

the powers that be don't want her to make a fool of herself. or them. again.
 mjk21258
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Why do you think Sarah will not speak to the media?
Posted: 9/6/2008 6:12:13 AM

Surprise..surprise... another thread on Sarah Palin. Could this not have been included in one of the others? I think it could have. It's looking like everyone wants their own name associated with Palin news... even if it is a handle on a forum within a web site.

Come on People... look at the threads congestion. Combine some of these topics. I could care less what questions you pose about any of the Candidates.. have at it. Just group it all together better is my suggestion. Nothing more or less. Just a simple suggestion.

It shouldn't be a surprise that there are more threads on Palin lately. She is the most unknown of the four candidates, people are curious as to who she is, what she stands for, her background, etc

As for why not put this in another thread. Well quite simply, I believe this is important and would be buried if in another thread. Palin not speaking to the Media because she is ready (prepared) is important, if she isn't ready to sit down with anyone from the media it indicates to me that she isn't ready to run for Vice President. So as far as her being as qualified as Obama, Biden, or McCain, no way. I am sure with enough pressure the campaign will have her do an interview or two, but I wouldn't be surprised if it done by someone very friendly to the McCain camp and with questions approved or submitted by the McCain camp.
 MacKevinized
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 6:35:36 AM
You mean. sort of like Obama with all his scripts? Nahh.. Probably not. I don't think she's anywhere near that aloof, and she's a lot more personable and approachable by nature.. They are just being cautious for now, because she certainly has a huge political bullseye on her back at the moment. I have a feeling when they actually let her go, to be herself, she'll be just as amazing as she has been to date.

More lies. Obama is quite in touch with his own mind and knows fact's off the top of his head and McCain is the one fumbling for his cheat sheet to deliver his 'spontaneous' answers.

But... This thread is about Palin not speaking with the media, If you wish to compare the PittBull in Lipstick to Obama you might say how Obama isn't afraid to face the press, even a hostile guy like Oh!Rilled from faux.

I have to admit you're right she accepted to carry that huge political target and has nothing but a PittBull bark to fight back with.

Biden will muzzel her in quick order.
 fridayboo
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 7:03:34 AM
They're micro-managing the whole campaign....They are afraid that she's going to show her ignorance of the issues.....It's purely a fashion show for the republicans...she's more like a show dog who's bark is worse than her bite right now....and the right wing loves all that barking...Obama has come to Rick warrens session, "which was McCains environment" and he sat down with Bill Oreilly! He goes into the fire........and the media better start calling these republicans out on it and quit trying to help make it a close race!
 MacKevinized
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 8:36:27 AM
Just taking a wild guess... but based upon McCain's lack of temper and what their campaign has gone through the past few days, I'll take a wild guess that McCain probably blew his cool and told her to shut up

Here they try to set her up as some sort of beautiful rock star to combat Obama's status and she put's on a set of heel's to deliver some 'red meat' to get attention for McCain but instead kept all the attention for herself and made that pitt bull with lipstick comment and:

Now everybody thinks she looks like a dog without all that makeup.
 faith2565
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 8:40:17 AM
Last night on Fox they were acting as though the democrats put her business out there. In fact it was the republicans. We will see in the end. But, she has helped McCain's ticket. He has had a rise in the polls.
 cncgandolf
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 8:50:19 AM
"She new and is learning her party's platforms and what she should and shouldn't say."

She doesn't even know the platform? OMG ... this is even more frightening.
 MacKevinized
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 8:52:25 AM

He also denied drinking on the job. Palin's sister was his third wife, and since that marriage he has been married and divorced one more time, so obviously this man has relationship issues...but he was open and not proud, laid it all out there for all of America. And where's Palin?

The drinking story was that he stopped at his neighbor's house after work one day and the wife thought Wooten took a beer from the fridge and drink it and maybe he got another one before he drove to his home a few hundred feet away.
These are the same neighbors that were on the report Palin made to the state police. The state police did not find Palin's report credible and so Palin's vendetta just shows she's pissed off her sister got dumped and the courts wouldn't take Wooten's kids away from him.
 cncgandolf
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 8:53:04 AM
"She's popping out of the tour bus every once in a while for a 15 minute speech that she delievered 20 times already and quickly scuttled back inside the protective shell of the bus. And why is that?"

According to the pro-McCains on here it is because she is being taught what to say and not to say ... aka becoming their puppet.
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 35
Posted: 9/6/2008 8:53:54 AM
And while she's sequestered, Biden is giving 3 talks a day, off the top of his head.

Here's some great Biden talks. The guy is a walking history book of every personality in the Senate in the last 35 years.

If you want a little soft politics for a change, curl up in your favorite chair and enjoy the carefree stylings of Joe Biden.

http://www.mydd.com/story/2008/9/4/222232/7719
 faith2565
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 8:55:18 AM
Yes, the night it was announced that is what I heard 'she is hot'. We will see.
 faith2565
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 9:03:13 AM
I guess she did not realize the internet is a form of media. They may shut down the sources, but it appears those that know her are starting to talk.
 Optimistic for 2008
Msg: 38
Posted: 9/6/2008 4:35:58 PM
Fear from being so unquallified.......though I'm sure she'll be a good little parrot to all the cramming she's doing with Bush's economic and world affairs people before they finally let her face the press....that is the days I'm waiting for....
 MacKevinized
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 4:36:39 PM
She must be afraid of the enhanced interrogation techniques of the liberal media.
It seems the liberal media's quest for truth is getting in the way of the republicans right to ignorance.
Trying to run a country off of a cram sheet is not the picture of confidence.

Seems to me that a creationist view of reality makes trying to understand complex issues kind of difficult.

With Palin afraid to answer questions, doesn't that make Obama look fearless in front of OhReally in contrast?
 H2OLuvCoco
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 6:02:30 PM
that's exactly what i think...

i can't wait to see her debate : )

i'd LOVE to see someone fire questions at her...
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 41
Posted: 9/6/2008 6:20:47 PM
There are so many useless controversies built up in the press right now, that if she ever did sit down with anderson cooper, or whoever, she would never get a chance to get to her "platform" that she's taking such care to study right now.

And obama on oreilly three days this week is, as usual, the smartest move he could make. Palin polled higher with independent men than women and that, I would guess is the oreilly demographic.

Meanwhile, the longer she makes herself scarce, "fans" who are excited by the palin "buzz" are building higher expectations of her every day. She hasn't even gotten her first big mistake out of the way yet. (The first affirmative mistake) and everyone makes them, misspeaks, or whatever.

The only thing she has going for her, really, is she's capitolizing on "obama resentment" which, frankly, I don't get. The man worked his behind off for 19 months. He's been on the trail or on tv everyday it seems except for that one week in hawaii, so notable, because it seems to be the guys only days off in almost two years. I can understand not agreeing with his policy or just not agreeing with the guy, but does it make sense to resent the guy so much for being "polished" and because his own base finds him "likable" that you'll give an instant credibility to his opponents vp pick, when she's done nothing to deserve it yet?
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 42
Posted: 9/6/2008 6:31:22 PM
And all this radio silence pretty much confirms mccain just picked her out of a hat.

The timing of his announcement was very good. He stole o's thunder and made a big MEDIA sensation (yes, he relied o them for exposure and to spread the excitement of his pick)

But if he had been vetting her prior, would it take this long to hit the trail with her? What does this say about mccain and his strategizing? That he can't think past upending his opponent? Then after he strikes, he's standing there with nothing for a week?
 faith2565
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 7:03:33 PM
I guess that is why she will not go out on the trail alone. Obama was in Indiana and Biden was in Penn. We will see.
 junipermoon
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 7:13:56 PM
i'd LOVE to see someone fire questions at her...

amy goodman would crucify her. man...would i love to hear that!

Obama
O8
O yeah
 faith2565
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 7:20:48 PM
No, on that I disagree. If she is the VP candidate and he is 73 with a terminal illness we need to see her in action NOW! This is not an internship. This is the real thing. Obama has been under fire for almost two years and people are still giving him a hard time. She needs to feel the fire. Steel strengthens steel. Get from under daddy McCain and 'show us what you got'.
 junipermoon
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 7:25:33 PM

If she is the VP candidate and he is 73 with a terminal illness we need to see her in action NOW! This is not an internship. This is the real thing. Obama has been under fire for almost two years and people are still giving him a hard time. She needs to feel the fire. Steel strengthens steel. Get from under daddy McCain and 'show us what you got'.

bingo.

enough with the cutesy bullsh*t. she obviously doesn't have the intellect required for the oval office.

she proved her dishonesty. she flip-flops. she hopes to destroy the environment.

need i go on?
 Simlasa
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 7:26:18 PM
I was just watching some old video of her on the Charlie Rose show...
Like I keep saying... the woman isn't stupid and she's not afraid of the media...
We are going to have to do more than make fun of her and call her names if we are going to have a hope of getting people to see what a bad idea she is for the country.
Underestimating her will only serve to make her look all the better when she does go under the media microscope...
 faith2565
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 7:33:03 PM
I am not making fun of her. I think she needs to show us what she is made of. The reason McCain had so many people watching is because we want to know who she is. Now, to have her shut down, because of bad press, PLEASE. That is part of the process. If you are going to fight in a man's world you have to hang. Now, let us see what she is made of. Get away from the speeches and sarcasm because many women are tired of that and talk about the issues.
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 49
Posted: 9/6/2008 8:21:26 PM
I think it is healthy to be sceptical until she proves voters should feel otherwise. Scepticism is particularly important of your own party, so all the die hard palin fans seem worrisome. I understand, "I like what I see so far" or "I'm intrigued" or I agree with her on the issues, as they've BEEN FRAMED BY HER so far, but I want to see her questioned, want more in depth explainations of views, not just bullet points that all republicans are forced to agree with without question.

I would expect the republicans to be tougher on her until she wins their trust, NOT the dems. Obama has been low in the polls and is only now pulling ahead of mccain because dems and independants have be critical of him, even in their enthusiasm.

And I would think, if palin went on a conservative show, like chris mathews, mathew's viewers would want hard questions asked of her and not a scripted dance. That is the conservative media's responsibility to their own viewership, to help you get answers to questions important to conservatives, NOT to just make your candidate look good, and take it on faith that they'll do a good job. The "liberal" media has the same responsibility to "liberals."

The media bias shouldn't be that they put a positive spin on their "team"
It should be to get the questions answered most important to their philosophy and that of their viewers.

In a way, a blowhard like o reilly is more effective at that, because the viewers identify with him and he attacks the candidate, not the other way around, where the viewer identifies with the candidate and gets mad if anyone asks them a question that makes them look bad.
 flyonthewall!
Msg: 50
Posted: 9/6/2008 8:37:25 PM

No, on that I disagree. If she is the VP candidate and he is 73 with a terminal illness we need to see her in action NOW!

HUH? First of all, he just turned 72 last Friday, and he doesn't have ANY illnesses, much less a terminal one. Where do you get this stuff?

McCain had stage 0 or stage 1 melanoma years ago. The lesions were very small, removed, and the man has been cancer free for 6 years. That's CURE in the cancer world.

My guess is McCain has a better chance of living out his first term than Obama does. At least he doesn't have any crazy people trying to kill him.

I am not making fun of her. I think she needs to show us what she is made of. The reason McCain had so many people watching is because we want to know who she is. Now, to have her shut down, because of bad press, PLEASE. That is part of the process. If you are going to fight in a man's world you have to hang.

Oh please. She gave her speech on Wednesday and here it is Saturday and she's out stumping. She's hardly being hidden. I don't have any doubt that Palin can (and does) make it in a man's world. In fact I can see Obama and Biden saying "yes mistress" while she holds a cat-o-nine tails above them.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Why do you think Sarah will not speak to the media?