Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Why do you think Sarah will not speak to the media?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ahoytheredave
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Why do you think Sarah will not speak to the media?Page 3 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Maybe she is hiding her association with a domestic terrorist.

Maybe she doesn't want anyone to know about her decades of spiritual guidance from a racist anti-American preacher.

Maybe she has financial deals with a convicted felon.

Maybe she is hiding contributions from Middle East terrorist organizations.

Maybe she doesn't want any questions about a brother in Africa living on pennies a day that she doesn't help.

She may not want to discuss her idea of eliminating the secret ballot in union elections so union bosses can know who is not supporting them.

Maybe her idea of change is to return to the policies of Jimmy Carter and she doesn't want that to become public.

It could be that she fears the media will make her wear a halo and walk on water and unlike her opponent, it wouldn't go with her hairstyle.
 faith2565
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Why do you think Sarah will not speak to the media?
Posted: 9/6/2008 9:08:16 PM
If he is 71, 72 or 73 so be it. I get my information from the same place you get all of your polls.

She needs to get from under his thumb and hit the ground running like everyone else.
 flyonthewall!
Msg: 53
Posted: 9/6/2008 9:19:49 PM

Talk about oh please. She's reading a speech written for her that she has to literally follow with her finger. If she's not capable of handling an interview or real questions then she's clearly not capable to be President.

Actually, truth be known, the teleprompter didn't stop for applause like they are supposed to, and by half way through her talk it was totally out of sync. The woman gave the entire talk from memory.

You should see what happens to Obama when his teleprompter breaks down; he starts stuttering like Porky Pig. There are plenty of examples on You Tube if you'd like to see some.

You couldn't even TELL she had a teleprompter problem. It happened during Giulian's speech too, but he's a pro.

Sarah was awesome.
 faith2565
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 9:37:12 PM
No, the teleprompter only broke temporarily. She stated the part about a 'pitbull wearing lipstick' off the cuff. The teleprompter started working again. You could see the teleprompter on the television.

Let us tell the truth.
 faith2565
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 9:43:01 PM
You are correct she is one of the angry Hillary people that is not worried about what Clinton represented just hates Obama. And since she has an ivy league education everything she says is suppose to be true. I will stop. I just can not take the lies any longer.

Here are the latest poll results.

-------------------------------------
Gallup Daily: Obama’s Edge Shrinks to 2 Points
September 6, 2008
Barack Obama’s lead over John McCain has been shrinking since the start of the Republican National Convention, and he now holds just a two percentage point advantage -- 47% to 45% -- making the race too close to call.

-----------------------------------------

Obama/Biden 08
 faith2565
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 9:59:36 PM
You are correct the electoral map is truly in Obama's favor. That is one of the reason's she needs to get from under big papa and do some campaigning.

Obama/Biden 08
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 60
Posted: 9/7/2008 5:01:25 AM
Oh, I know, she so full of it that the media is mean to her. Yet carefully planned spreads in people and ok, don't seem to violate her anti media stance.

She wants privacy for her family, yet she put it right in her convention speech, all about her baby's down syndrome. No one could tell a a 4 month old baby has downs. Why is she making that part of her only 20 minutes of public air time since the nomination?

So the media can later inform us she cut spending to families with special needs kids as gov?

Then she feels compelled to tell us track is leaving for iraq sept 11, the media did not go find this out, nor would they have been allowed to report it.

What they did report is many army officials and other army families have said that stating troop deployment dates is a major security no no.

And as for bristol, sarah announced the pregnancy, and she dragged the girl out on the campaign trail. I don't see mccain's kids at every speech, so she had the option not to make them the focus.

She also had the option not to release levi's first name, and then fly him to the convention when the media inevitably discovered the one guy named levi at bristols school. (Too bad she didn't give him the heads up so he could take down his my space with all the underage drinking photos and how he doesn't want kids)

She's a total hypocrit, she's been milking the media for attention, pimping her kids out worse than the lohans, and it just keeps blowing up in her face.
 MacKevinized
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2008 5:47:08 AM

Actually, truth be known, the teleprompter didn't stop for applause like they are supposed to, and by half way through her talk it was totally out of sync. The woman gave the entire talk from memory.

This is where a good education can help someone. Educated people don't get caught making stuff up as easy as non educated.

The DNC said the promptor worked just fine.

There's an operator that controls the speed that has to determine the speaker's rate and pause and start when the audience applauds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGCRncVOkS0

I think they're having trouble with her loud mouth, and I'm seeing it come out she's a bigot.

It takes a lot of training to remain a bigot in private while trying to have a public life and that's why she's got to stick with the script.

I heard about the scrape with Oprah and when my GF heard about that she suggested Palin get a spot on ellen's show.
 flyonthewall!
Msg: 62
Posted: 9/7/2008 6:21:39 AM
Faith, don't lose heart sweetie. The electoral votes are WAY in Obama's favor. National polls are useful, but they don't reflect the votes that will decide this election.

No electoral votes have been cast yet. Electors vote after the popular vote is totalled. The state-by-state tabulations are compiled from statewide polls. Those polls are much older than the nationwide polls which are done on a daily, weekly and monthly basis -- and therefore are not as accurate.
 Imported_labor
Msg: 63
Posted: 9/7/2008 6:35:32 AM
Mrs. Palin will have a tough time facing the mainstream media because those reporters tend to ask difficult questions, and sometimes they have a follow-up questions, and they let the politicians know that they may have a follow-up question. That is a very disarming technique when interviewing people who try to give incomplete or twisted answers.

Independently of the fact that she may memorize a speech well enough to deliver it to an adoring crowd, even though she doesn't know how reach for the climax in the final sentences, and aside from the fact that she may have a few ready made answers for the type of questions that the right wingers from Fox may ask her, she will not be able to control the questions from other reporters.

If any of the Palin's supporters think that she can face the media, or if you would like to help her prepare for that, let's try this:

You volunteer here to take Mrs. Palin's place and we would be the reporters who are anxious to ask you a few questions.

Maybe you will come up with a winning strategy here and then you can relay it to your heroine!
 MacKevinized
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2008 6:41:57 AM

No electoral votes have been cast yet. Electors vote after the popular vote is totalled. The state-by-state tabulations are compiled from statewide polls. Those polls are much older than the nationwide polls which are done on a daily, weekly and monthly basis -- and therefore are not as accurate.

What does this have to do with the PittBull in lipstick and not being allowed to speak to reporters.

McCain is keeping her leash very short.

But since you brought it up
Obama has 238 to McCain's 176 electoral votes locked up
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/
 flyonthewall!
Msg: 65
Posted: 9/7/2008 7:12:42 AM
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ And the same answer still applies. NO ELECTORAL VOTES have been cast or LOCKED UP. This is not the primary. Electors only cast their votes after the popular vote has been cast and tallied.

All the electoral maps base their tally NOT on electoral votes, but on statewide polls. So for example, let's take RCPs map and look at Florida as an example. The map shows it as a toss up, but if you look at the polls, most of them (5) show McCain with a 2 to 7 point advantage and one has Obama with a one percent advantage giving McCain 3.1 which is just above statistical significance, making it barely GOP.

And in some of the states the polls are OLD. If you look at Montana there are three polls taken from February through July.

This has NOTHING with electors, they are just statewide polls and overall they are not as accurate as the national polls because in some cases the polls are very old.
 faith2565
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2008 8:06:51 AM
This morning on CNN Reliable Sources Palin was the topic of conversation. It is so good to see it not being Obama for a change. Bottom line she is going to have to eventually talk to the media and stop hiding behind McCain. The conventions are over and the real games are beginning. She can not wait to long, because the tabloid news has already started on her and they will not be ignored this time because of what happen with Edwards.
 MacKevinized
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2008 8:17:16 AM

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ And the same answer still applies. NO ELECTORAL VOTES have been cast or LOCKED UP. This is not the primary. Electors only cast their votes after the popular vote has been cast and tallied.

And the same answer applies your comments have nothing to do with the PittBull in lipstick having a muzzle and a leash.

This has NOTHING with electors, they are just statewide polls and overall they are not as accurate as the national polls because in some cases the polls are very old.

Huh???????

Just stick to the subject.
 faith2565
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2008 8:33:35 AM
Jack you know I love you, but that is not true. Obama is on the campaign trail and was one of the first to defend or come to her rescue. He is not afraid of her. He is trying to meet with people and win this race. But, I still love you Jack.

The bottom line. She needs to speak to the media and get from under McCain's shadow.
 faith2565
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2008 8:58:04 AM
The bottom line. Sarah is not just facing Alaska, but the country and the world.

There is a big difference and can she 'hang'.

If you say you can hand with the men, then we treat you like a man.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 72
Palin Offers First Television Interview to ABC
Posted: 9/7/2008 12:54:22 PM
It's going to be a fight between her handlers and ABC.

They'll want a puff piece - holding it in Alaska gives them home ground. They'll want to show her walking around showing off her pride in her state. Nothing wrong with that, you want to show your candidate in the best possible light.

ABC will want to be able to ask real questions. It'll be interesting to see how much each side gives way. My money is on the GOP; they have the media wrapped around their fingers.
 faith2565
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2008 1:46:33 PM
Yes, I heard that today as well. I wonder if they will really be able to ask her questions or will they protest. If you are hanging with the men then play by the men's rules.
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 74
Posted: 9/7/2008 8:12:07 PM
Well, let's hope they address the gymnasium she built in Wasilla and the budget there as well as these earmarks on the bridge to know where. Those are the two internet stories that emerged which actually mean anything at all.

The rest is less compelling to me, frankly. They all have to do with her stand on the issues, which, I already know I agree with, and most americans know if they agree or disagree, so why discuss it further.

and then there's stuff like this, too, but it's best to hold this for the second interview. Wouldn't want to scare away the baracuda for good.

http://www.palinsalaska.com/
 faith2565
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2008 8:31:13 PM
I know they are going to blame this on Obama, but they are saying she had to attend six schools to get her B.S. from the University of Idaho. Please tell me that is not true.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Why do you think Sarah will not speak to the media?