Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Steels488
Msg: 195
Why do some younger men want to have sex with an older woman?Page 6 of 35    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35)
I am an older man and I always have liked older ladies. I think they are so much easier to get along with. Most know their bodies better then young woman. They know what really excites them and brings them to climax.
 spitfire6844
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Why do some younger men want to have sex with an older woman?
Posted: 10/18/2008 9:39:16 AM
There are some good posts on the thread, and the question, if obliquely, is getting answered. Here is what older women need to know about younger guys:

They're playing you. It's about conquest and bragging rights. It's not about attraction, respect, love, compatibility, or common interests. It's about chest thumping and high-fiving the bros after one of the many booty-calls.

We guys have seen it (and many of us may have BEEN the chest-thumpers) more times than we can count. It's duplicitous, and it's disgusting. I would not want my sister, or niece, or any woman I care about to be in a "relationship" where the young guy is playing the role in front of her, only to disrespect her behind her back. And that is what's happening 95% of the time. You need to wake up.

Have some dignity, class, and self-respect, ladies. Do not become a laughingstock in your town.
 spitfire6844
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2008 2:07:01 PM

These things can happen regardless of the age difference.

Some serious denial here. No, there aren't too many guys in their 30s and 40s who go around saying "YEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHH, I f****d that b***h!!!!!", while high-fiving their buddies. That is an activity that younger guys do, especially after being intimate with a woman who is not in their peer group. It's common in the college-age and young adult crowd. You don't see 30+ year old guys chest-thumping like that-----don't be ridiculous.

The guys on this thread are trying to state the truth, and it seems like some posters just aren't ready to hear it. If you're not a guy, then it's probably not wise to tell those of us who ARE guys what guys talk about amongst ourselves.
 ladyyfingers
Msg: 200
Posted: 10/18/2008 7:32:53 PM
You have GOT to be kidding...lol..work on her vanity and "mommy pleasing" behaviors?...I have that young man booted out before he could say "Boo" ..that is really immature...
 ladyyfingers
Msg: 201
Posted: 10/18/2008 8:12:08 PM
Oh..that was too funny for words...you must know some terrible men..and yes, I know it CAN be like that...also with younger women as well...It is the man's behavior not the woman's which is called in to question here...
 ladyyfingers
Msg: 202
Posted: 10/18/2008 8:24:25 PM
I had a lover 10 years younger than I for about the same time period. It was a mix of good and not so good...there was a slight generation gap there..our conversation was not as satisfying as our sex..which was extrodinary. We were comfortable with each other because of the time period...and i did not deny the fact that he was using me....in my way I used him also...but gently..I did not think of age as an issue with him.
Now that we have broken off...I am dating men my own age and older...I have more in common with them.....and must confess...I do miss my boytoy...shallow though it may be...I miss his youth and vitality.
I may be missing the boat...I happen to think younger men with any smarts...like older women because they are less of a complication and they may learn a thing or two.
 spitfire6844
Msg: 204
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2008 11:46:19 AM
^^Very good post, boredwithpgh.

Other posters have maintained that older women are rarely naive or unaware about the motives of younger dudes. That may be true. However, it's apparent that some older women are unaware of how this type of "relationship" can damage the reputation, status, and respectability of the older woman. I've seen it more times than I can count.

Yes, we all like to think that here in the 21st century, no one makes judgments about consenting adult relationships anymore. However, that's definitely not true when it comes to older/younger liaisons. These things are invariably damaging to the woman---they damage her respectability and credibility among family, friends, and colleagues. Even a fling which is understood by both partners to be a fling is unnecessarily demeaning and damaging to the older woman. Therefore, unless a given connection really is a loving relationship (which would be rare, but is sometimes possible), it's just not worth it, IMO, for someone to put herself in that position. I've known many good professionals (doctors, engineers, etc.) who suffered huge setbacks in reputation and stature because of involvement with boy-toys who couldn't keep their mouths shut. The damage can be extensive and hard to fix.

Just something to think about. Flings aren't worth the complete loss of respect in your town.
 Kevinc!
Msg: 206
Posted: 10/19/2008 4:32:29 PM
ok here is my saying i actually love older women always hav always will my reason is this when i was 18 i was with some one who was 32 and she showed me all experinces about woman what they like what they need and how they like to be treated and i owe her alot for showing me that i ahve no damage nore do i say that i dont like younger women but younger women tend to still be a bit inmature like they dont know what they want in life even though they say they do i tryed dating a younger woman who said they were strong willing to commint and wantng and life well after three wwks she was already looking for newma so i say older know what they want need and not afraid to go after it and thts why i like oldr women.
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 207
Posted: 10/19/2008 5:23:01 PM

Because they aren't getting it from younger women?
 spitfire6844
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2008 6:22:34 PM

Um-unless these professionals were married or the "boy toy" was a minor, how could there be extensive damage?

I explained that in my last post. When you have a 40-year-old female professional dating a 24-year-old hothead or punk, things get chaotic real quick. It's not a good match, especially if both parties are not discreet and mature, and you can count on the 20ish dude NOT being discreet. There are 50 different ways that that kind of relationship can intrude upon her life and wreck it----the guy calling incessantly or showing up to her workplace......running into clients while she's out with the boy-toy, etc. It just doesn't work for a woman who wants respectability.

The strong, independent and smart women of today do not fear these lame double standards anymore.

LOL @ this. You wanna bet? Most women with something to lose are very concerned about those "double-standards" when gossip or chaos threatens to put their reputations on the line. Only women with absolutely nothing to lose wouldn't care about damage to their careers and reputations.
 wvmike_1999
Msg: 212
Posted: 10/19/2008 8:24:37 PM
Personally, I believe most older women lack the drama of younger women, which is definitely a good thing. It gets tiring quick. Older women also are more interesting to just spend time with just hanging out, and then when it comes to bedroom activties, lik everything else, varies person to person lol
 JustMary65
Msg: 215
Posted: 10/20/2008 5:33:46 AM
OT: Happy Birthday Sweet Lori!!!

And many more------meet you around the water cooler later for some chit chat..lol!!!

blacsteal69
Msg: 216
Posted: 10/20/2008 9:29:05 PM
older women are more openminded
 Bejazzenwithme2
Msg: 217
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2008 2:02:56 PM
Well lets see im about to hit age 55 i still have 35 year old
men that want to date me or do other things with me.lol
Not saying i do the other things,wink Ive have found i love
sex and forplay way more now then when i was younger.
And when i was younger oral on a man was a no wayyyyyy,lol
But now i go with the flow, hehe
The reason, i am not in a hurry ! One gentlemen said we are in a hurry us
older ladies to get it done quick, tis not true at all !!!!!!
I now love to take my time and i love to please and adore the man im with
in every way possible. So thats just my thoughts why younger men love us older ladies!
 spitfire6844
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2008 9:24:58 AM
I was downtown the other night and saw yet another cougar (sloppy drunk) stumbling around and hanging all over some kid who had to be at least 15 years younger than she is. Disgusting. It's a farce....can't people get that?

Hey, being 45 and trying to act like you're 25 just looks ridiculous. Date an age-appropriate partner and be respectable.
 spitfire6844
Msg: 220
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2008 10:31:16 AM

Are you upset because the younger men are getting the women you are wanting?

Fair question. I'm not mad about it from a competitive angle at all. I can compete with guys in any age-range for women. I stack up well against 20-year-olds or 60-year-olds, or anyone in between.

Someone wanted to know why I'm all over this issue? I'll tell you. I've known several 40-something women, whom I respected, who made complete asses out of themselves over a younger dude. It's hard to watch a woman that you respected self-destruct and grovel/prostrate herself to some kid who doesn't give a fùck about her and never will. These women weren't people whom I was interested in from a dating standpoint at all. They are professionals and friends whom I thought of highly, until they showed the bad judgment and lack of common sense in falling in love with some kid who just wanted to shoplift the pùssy. It's ridiculous. When you think highly of someone and then they show that they habitually lie to themselves about fundamental relationships, it 's hard to watch.

The converse often happens, too. The older woman realizes that the situation doesn't work for her and she tries to break it off, only to have the kid act like an idiot and show no boundaries and no class by not taking the hint. The older woman is the one who will lose her reputation over that. Either way, whether the older woman or the younger guy freaks out; it's a colossal mess, and one you're less likely to find between age-appropriate partners.
 TheArmyLife
Msg: 223
Posted: 10/27/2008 2:32:31 AM
I personally think that women rock. In my age group, there are too many girls, and not enough women.
 mickyf
Msg: 225
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2008 3:56:03 AM
lots of answers for this ?.they learn better techniques.how to treat a woman.just prefer older women.and lets be honest most older ladies look fantastic.and they do attract the younger men,and some love it.so it works both ways.my last girlfriend was 25.that doesnt make me an expert.it was 6 years on off,so i must have done some thing right haha.im finding it hard to get some one my age.because the ladies now,that are divorced are attracting the youthful men.so im in limbo,and with having a younger girlfriend,its had to get some one my age.we all find love in all ages.live and let live i say
 mickyf
Msg: 226
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2008 4:05:18 AM
theres no hunt left for a man,the women just give in straight away,an older woman can be a challenge.playing hard to get is fab.what you have wrote is vertualy spot on.
 18percentgrey
Msg: 227
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2008 1:43:03 PM

"Right on Julie!! You hit the nail on the head, no pun intended.
A lot of us older ladies are smart, long passed the drama stage and are fully aware what we want and how we want it. But we also know what we want to give in return and don't play games.
I truly believe for some younger men it's all about sex. But for some, I believe their own maturity level is why they will choose an older woman, and not just for sex."

Personally, my last relationship went wonderfully - I am 25, and she is 44. We are still wonderfully close friends, and our love for eachother has transcended normal boundaries as we have been able to establish an emotionally rewarding and intimate friendship.

I found that when I was in relation with April, she knew what she wanted, and so did I. We were able to act on these wants and needs and establish the dynamics we wanted within the constructs of our relationship. We communicated any issues we had using NVC (amazing communication modality), and were always happy and fufilled afterwards rather than not having reached a resolution..

All of this however are means to my end point which is, when two people have enough functional commonality, and soul experience - the age becomes quickly irrelevant. To me, age simply indicates a rough feel on one's "life process," and where they may be, or have already gone.

let there be love, no matter what.
 18percentgrey
Msg: 229
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2008 6:12:01 PM
Lori - Thanks for the wonderful series of compliments! Totally made my day.

Do you see why I have difficulty finding a contemporary among my peer group?

Buh. I know there are people out there that think similarly, they're harder to find though! :-)

cw35
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2008 8:35:13 AM
That's such a stereotypical load of garbage. There are just as many older guys who are good sex partners and there are probably just as many bad ones. The same goes for physique. I notice more older men in shape than younger men. Older men tend to start worrying more about keeping up their appearance where a lot of young people would rather play video games constantly and don't seem to worry about it as much. There's tons of out of shape and/or lazy people in EVERY age group and the numbers for obesity among younger people are growing all the time so obviously your way of thinking is skewed. You make it sound like a woman should be able to look any way she wants to, yet still expect some 20 year old adonis to chase her around. That's very arrogant in my opinion.
 Applette
Msg: 232
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2008 3:01:53 PM
I get a fair bit of attention from younger guys ... and I asked a couple of my associates who are younger then me what would be age appropriate for me as they know my age ......... and their question to me was "are they over eighteen" ........ anything goes apparently but I am still not comfortable dating in the "fountain of youth" ..
 N10SE
Msg: 234
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2008 6:46:17 PM
I haven't figured that one out either, but I raised my kids and certainly don't want more to take care of! I've had them as young as 23 coming on to me. I did ask my youngest son though.. he's 19 and says that it's because older women are less inhibited, more experienced, easier to talk to, and were cleaner.. yea, that last one threw me for a loop too.

The reason that younger men are more appealing for women from their early 40's on, and maybe why younger men have better luck with them, is that the older men aren't functioning as well sexually. The timing couldn't be worse since women don't reach their peak until they hit about 40. The women feel they aren't sexy anymore because the man doesn't get an erection at first glance and the man shies away from sex because of ED.

What I found is that it simply takes more patience and time for older men. That in itself can really be good for the woman when arousal is an all day thing and making love is taken slowly and not rushed. I prefer older men because you don't get a wham, bam, thank you ma'am from them! Never did like the 5 minute wonder anyway.
 spitfire6844
Msg: 235
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2008 6:46:18 PM

The scenarios that you are describing can just as easily happen if both people are around the same age. I have seen and heard many examples of that...

No. The scenarios that I was describing are not nearly as common when both partners are around the same age. Almost any 25-year-old guy who is dating a 25-year-old woman will try to play it cool if there is a breakup. His friends and peers will laugh him out of town if he gets desperate and tries to get her back afterward. That's why age-appropriate relationships don't have this type of chaos as often. (Yes, you do have chaos or excesses from time to time, even in age-appropriate relationships; but it's just not as frequent.) When that same 25-year-old dates a 40-year-old woman, the normal rules go out the window. His friends are not going to tell the guy anything to help him avoid making a fool out of himself. The dude is on his own. If the punk kid wants to chase after the MILF (after the fling is over), and act like an idiot, his buds will tend to sit back and watch the train wreck. I've seen it happen before.

It's the same situation with the older woman's girlfriends. They are much less likely to give her a reality check if the guy she's "dating" is 10 - 15 years younger, rather than being of the same age as she is.

So no....it's not the same. The weirdness and chaos of older/younger relationships is on a scale that you don't find with men and women who are peers.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >