Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 172
ABC's Charles Gibson lands First interview with Sarah PalinPage 6 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
I find it fascinating that people who are all keen on voting for her, don't want her asked any tough questions or portrayed in a bad light.

I also think its funny that you don't think obama gets asked these same questions a lot. Do you just turn off the tv if obama is on?

That's a very smart voting strategy, don't listen to the other guy and don't criticize your own.

Anyone who keep voting this way deserves to have the worst schools and the most forclosures. Your elected officials realize you won't hold them accountable.
 mjk21258
Msg: 173
view profile
History
ABC's Charles Gibson lands First interview with Sarah Palin
Posted: 9/13/2008 6:31:08 AM

Sarah Palin is damn if she does, damn if she doesn't.

When she does interviews, etc. people will say...she will get easy questions.
If she does no interviews, she's accused of running from them.

Watch and see.

IMHO, she'll do great at whatever is thrown her way by whoever.

IMO she didn't do well at all.

I am sure Charles Gibson did the interview because he was acceptable to the McCain camp. Why did George Staphanopolous do the interview? I am sure the McCain camp put that out as pre-condition, no George S.
 SwampHunter
Msg: 174
Posted: 9/13/2008 6:46:45 AM
Ya know, the "experience" issue that keeps coming up just tickles me. It backfires on the Obama camp EVERY time! lol! I mean, who is HE to talk about ANYONE being inexperienced!? He served what - 184 DAYS in the US Senate before deciding he should be President of the United States?

As far as a GOVERNOR being too inexperienced - wasn't Bill Clinton a GOVERNOR?

Mark
The Uppity Conservative
 angelsands
Msg: 176
Posted: 9/13/2008 10:39:02 AM
Makes me wonder why people FORGETS the same issues that were applied to the other..side.. Is a little... too covenient... wouldn't You think..??? I mean, EVERYTHING..!! From the INEXPERIENCE, to the economy, to the abortion or the other issues... WHAT A BUNCH OF HIPOCRYTES....! Shoulnd't WE, the voters, instead of discusing (and some people actually FIGHTING) the so called qualifications of the candidates, WE would be DEMANDING them to know what they INTEND to do about those issues..?? And most importantly, HOW THEY INTEND TO DO IT...?? Talk is cheap, as WE all KNOW.. Do WE really want to continue like this..?? Because, let's face it . WHOEVER gets the job, IS GOING TO SCREW THE AVERAGE AMERICAN CITIZEN... WHEN YOU PEOPLE ARE GOING TO REALIZE THAT....?? They are going to work for the BIG corporations. and it will be the same old ove again... Wouln't You think..?

angelsands
Msg: 177
Posted: 9/13/2008 10:42:36 AM
Mr swamphunter... In case You had forgotten.. The sitting president.. Mr George W. BUSH, WAS a governor. .... And look where we are now... Obviously, that is not "experience" enough. NOT EVEN CLOSE...!! Do I need to say more..??

thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 183
Posted: 9/13/2008 11:17:27 AM
Mccain may say the american citizen is "exceptional" (you are refering to his sept.11 interview on cnn, right) but he doesn't act that way. The fact is, america now relies, and will continue to rely on, a steady influx of foreigners in our universities and research labs, since many americans are largely incompetent in basic math skills and we produce graduates from high school AND college who lack the training in the sciences to do advanced research. Our universities offer the best opportunities in the world, however our own citizens often fail to take advantage of them, because they don't have sufficient training from high school, lack curiousity and discipline and, more and more often, avoid criticism and debate, prefering instead to only hear praise.

So please continue to blindly repeat that we're the greatest, avoiding any knowledge or sensitivity to world affairs. Continue to vote your party loyalty and avoid scrutinizing issues and solutions, or hold your party responsible for mistakes they've made. Pump your fists along with mccain palin and keep believing that it is not government's function to pay for education, just to collect your taxes and spend them on foreign wars. Eventually china will run this country in every respect.

The choices are not that hard this year. The answer is regime change. After 4 years of regrouping a bit and investing in our OWN country, if you want to vote again for republican adventurism, wars over strategic oil pipelines in iraq and georgia, then by all means, go right ahead, but please notice that our treasury, as well as our human capitol is running very low this year, and needs to be replenished.

Whether you think palin had a good interview or you think charlie gibson was "rude" or "mean" or whatever, please notice that palin's position is very clear: she wants to continue the current administrations policy of using military force all over the world to secure advantages in areas strategic for the oil business. All our money will go to that, not alternative energy, not infrastructure or education. Certainly, no energy will be spent repairing aliances with the countries we have broken with and we will continue to act unilaterally with no regard to anyones interests but americas, and only a small percentage of americans at that.

Take a step back and absorb what Palin said in her interview, and the consequences of what she said, not whether or not you like how she said it.
 itechman63
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2008 11:34:07 AM
Thanks for that breakdown Rayz.

I was most irritated by those belittling Obama's time as a Community Organizer. Ever see a Community Organizer work in causes that matter and without them those causes would seldom be heard?

No, you can't count that as "executive experience" but it does show certain sincerity and work ethic that you won't see in those who just sat in offices. Add that experience to the time that Obama has served as a legislator and you are looking at a better rounded individual than anyone else on the ballot.
 angelsands
Msg: 185
Posted: 9/13/2008 11:44:05 AM
Mr. Rayzrshrap. I am glad You asked. That is a very good question.. I have been asking myself that for some time now. And I happened to remember what happened in California a few years back. When Mr Swarzeneger got the gubernatorial chair. EVERYONE WHO WAS INTERESTED, PUT IN AN APPLICATION.... make them some test to find out about the capabilities of every individual and start a PROCCES OF ELIMINATION. Because, trut be said, A HARVARD LAW DEGREE (or ANY other college for that matter) is no help when it comes down to deal with items that pertrain to the EVERYDAY AMERICAN CITIZEN.. Even if that person had all the honors in the world.. OR 25+ YEARS IN CONGRESS IS NOT GOING TO HELP EITHER. If You were so stuck on yourself that all You could talk about was "your time as a prisioner" and You could not care less about ANYTHING ELSE... including your old comrades. If We are REALLY looking for CHANCE, If we WANT CHANGE, we have to stop looking in our pockets to see how much is there. I know what i stated above is a crazy idea, but it might work. It worked for the CALIFORNIANS..to an extent. And the BIG kicker is that it will be a WHOLE LOT CHEAPER.!!!! The way these guys are running the campaings now. NEXT ELECTION WILL COST JUST AS MUCH AS THE NATIONAL DEBT...!! The amount of money spend is OBCENE....!! They talk about "change" but they do NOTHING to change!! Should that money be better spend in homeless shelters..?? What about orphans..??? People with disablities, specially those WAR VETERANS which we owe so much and THE SYSTEM has screwed and FORGOTTEN..?? SPECIALLY BY AND BECAUSE OF POLITICIANS...!! And that includes Mr. McCain . Yet, here WE are trying to defend the AS..OLS. Meanwhile they just keep laughing at us. Someone said this is turning into a CIRCUS and that person got it right. We the only difference that WE are the clowns meanwhile they all politicians are being entertained.
 mjk21258
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2008 1:01:41 PM
{quote] Ya know, the "experience" issue that keeps coming up just tickles me. It backfires on the Obama camp EVERY time! lol! I mean, who is HE to talk about ANYONE being inexperienced!? He served what - 184 DAYS in the US Senate before deciding he should be President of the United States?

As far as a GOVERNOR being too inexperienced - wasn't Bill Clinton a GOVERNOR?

Mark
The Uppity Conservative

It is the GOP that brings up the experience issue. To me it is a mute point especially now with Palin on the ticket, like or not she could be President as early as Jan 2009 or never.

Oh BTW Clinton was a Governor for 10 years.
 faith2565
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Hannity set to interview Palin next
Posted: 9/13/2008 2:06:03 PM
She could not handle a realy interview. Look how she performed on a hand picked interview. Hannity that will be a joke. The fire is dying out. The gap has closed. How are the republicans going to protect her when she has to step out on her own.
 faith2565
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2008 3:13:09 PM
If she burps and it is caught on the television it is a conspiracy. I thought the Ron Paul supporters were the kings and queens of conspiracies. Well, they are republicans.
 faith2565
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2008 8:11:47 PM
Sorry, I did not mean to offend any Ron Paul supporters.
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 198
Posted: 9/15/2008 9:01:06 AM
Half of America loves her, because they identify with her.

They don't understand the issues, and neither does she.

Praise God!
 bliss serendipity
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2008 4:27:31 PM
[.quote]WOULD SOMEONE... please explain to me why Ms Palin keeps telling the "Bridge to nowhere" lie over and over and over and over again when theres VIDEOTAPE PROOF, documented proof etc[/.quote]

She's been programmed; that's the only explanation I can come up with. Anyone know how to deprogram her?

Bliss
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 200
Posted: 9/15/2008 6:20:48 PM
Has anyone heard the part of the Gibson Interview where Palin talks about the economy?

She's a complete bullsh1t artist and hasn't got the first clue what she's talking about.

I feel sorry for all you red states that are teetering on the line between middle class and poor.

You're all going to loose your homes and probably starve to death too by 2012. That will be an easy election for the Dems. You'll all be too weak to make it to the polls, plus, you won't be able to afford the gas after 4 more years of this.
 johnnyprice
Msg: 202
Posted: 9/16/2008 3:22:52 PM
So, what have we learned about Palin do date?

When she's not giving a speech full of lies, she strains to answer questions (because instead of giving her own opinion, she's being told what to say and has to remember what she can and cannot say). This sums up her interview best:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/13/opinion/13sat1.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

She leans toward or is in favor of Creationism, anti-abortion, is against stem cell research, teaching abstinence over sex education, likes to hunt and kill animals to control other animal populations although scientists say there is no evidence for this, has a husband who joined a seccessionist groups, doesn't care for polar bears that get in the way of drilling and wants to take them off the endangered species list, taxes oil companies to give money to her constituency, spearheaded earmarks in Alaska, ran up $20 million in debt while mayor of a city, is pro-Iraq war

She governed in a style of loyalty and secrecy; nepotism - giving jobs to unqualified friends:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26691018

Supported the bridge to nowhere then backed off after it was already killed by Congress after national outcry:
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5ici5RhMkh6-9V07yckpLBEEjzf6QD932MU100

Supported the road to nowhere costing tax payers over $40 million:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/04/palin-also-supported-the_n_123991.html

Keeping fledgling business afloat on tax payer's dime
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122152654971140245.html

Her campaign along with McCain's is run by some of the largest corporate lobbyists in the country:
http://mclobbyist.com/

She's and McCain are comfortable with running the sleaziest ads of any campaign in history, even according to Republican smear King Karl Rove. McCain, once an honorable soldier is an old sleaze bucket today.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/14/campaign.wrap/index.html
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/belittling_palin.html
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/mccain-palin_distorts_our_finding.html
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/off_base_on_sex_ed.html
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/maverick_misleads.html

Inflated enthusiasm:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601070&sid=a1J0tfV3XJYs&refer=politics

The rest:
http://www.grizzlybay.org/SarahPalinInfoPage.htm (Palin smiling over dead bloodied animals she just shot)
http://www.dailysource.org/palin
 johnnyprice
Msg: 203
Posted: 9/16/2008 3:32:16 PM
Oh, and she's stonewalling the troopergate investigation.
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 205
Posted: 9/16/2008 3:47:45 PM
Oh, you forgot that Alaska is the rape capitol of America and she was kind enough to try and turn a profit on that by charging rape victims 300-1200 dollars for their "rape kits" which consist of a plastic cup and some cotton swabs.

She's entrepreneurial though, I'll give her that.
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 207
Posted: 9/16/2008 3:51:36 PM
Discouraging poor women from reporting how that blessing came about is the biggest blessing of all!

Praise the Lord!

*bows head*
Dear Jesus, please help the city of Wasilla to be a family friendly town of good morals, by helping us to report a lower rape statistic this year. Amen.

Praise Jesus.
 faith2565
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2008 4:18:19 PM
Hannity's interview should be a piece of cake. He loves McCain.

Biden needs to be interviewed on TvOne or BET.
 johnnyprice
Msg: 209
Posted: 9/16/2008 7:00:38 PM
Oh, and she supports a bogus $600 million bridge project. This is YOUR tax dollars. AND she has already requested over $150 million in earmarks THIS YEAR. AND she lied about the trip to Iraq and trip to Ireland was a fuel stop. AND she fired and rehired a librarian over some dispute about books. AND she fired those who weren't "loyal" to her. AND she rules Alaska with an iron fist so people are scared to speak out.

Exactly what we need. More corruption, more doubletalk, more hypocrisy.

I'm a fiscal conservative, social liberal. Palin and the entire NEOCON party she is running with is NOT Conservative. Sadly, conservatism died 30+ years ago.
 johnnyprice
Msg: 210
Posted: 9/17/2008 7:22:52 PM
Oh, and she falsely keeps claiming Alaska is responsible for 20% of America's energy when it's actually 3.5% So much for being the expert of energy.

Anybody that isn't ashamed of McCain choosing Palin out of political expediency (met her once, talked to her once, chose her because she's a woman) rather than careful assessement for the benefit of the country (she's one step away from President) isn't thinking straight. The RNC slogan was Country First. Actions speak louder than words, and it's not adding up.
 johnnyprice
Msg: 211
Posted: 9/18/2008 1:43:47 AM
Yet more dirt on our Alaskan Maverick. Spendings tens of thousands of tax payer dollars on redecorating her office.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/17/palin-spent-50000-in-city_n_127098.html

Where does it end? Those closest to her saying she has no executive abilities?

"Executive abilities? She doesn't have any," said former Wasilla City Council member Nick Carney, who selected and groomed Palin for her first political race in 1992 and served with her after her election to the City Council.

WHY did McCain choose Palin when there were so many better options (male and female) available???
 johnnyprice
Msg: 216
Posted: 9/18/2008 12:39:33 PM

Holy cow! Just read the article from the Huffington Post (msg 267). With “friends” like Nick Carney, who needs enemies? What credence should we give someone who practically boasts that Palin was his protégé, who “selected and groomed” her, and now… well, since years ago, when she ditched him, he implies that he’s one of whom she “cut off at the knees”… and now seemingly wants to rip her a new one? Geeeee… thanks, Nick.

Now, regarding the $50,000 “bordello” makeover: if it was “illegal”, as he claims, why no lawsuit or uproar? And conveniently, he can’t recall the expenditures, which in this reader’s humble opinion, makes his allegations worth ZIP! And even so, what if the majority of the expenses were repair of faulty wiring or asbestos removal?!

I’m neither defending nor accusing Palin of anything… just pointing-out that it’s way too late for Carney to cry over spilled milk. And I would have thought that the Huffington Post would have a little more journalistic integrity than to publish this drivel – only serves to divert people from the bigger issues of today.

Why do so many others share corroborate the same view about Palin's history?

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2008/09/17/palin_mayor/

Other local officials -- who lack Carney's acrimonious history with Palin -- share his dim view of her mayoral reign. When Palin ran for mayor, she dismissed concerns about her lack of managerial expertise by saying the job was "not rocket science." But after a tumultuous start, marked by controversial firings and lawsuits against the city, Palin felt compelled to hire a city manager named John Cramer to steady the ship.

"Sarah was unprepared to be mayor -- it was John Cramer who actually ran the city," said Michelle Church, a member of the Mat-Su Borough Assembly, who knows Palin socially. "As vice-president she'll certainly have to rely on faceless advisors with no public accountability. Haven't we had enough of that in the past eight years?"

Other officials in the borough government -- the equivalent of county government in other states -- point out that Palin actually had very little executive responsibility, since the borough oversees many of Wasilla's vital functions.

"After all her boasting about her executive experience, what did she do?" asks a longtime borough official, who, like many in local circles, requested anonymity because of Palin's reputation for vengeance. "The borough takes care of most of the planning, the fire, the ambulance, collecting the property taxes. And on top of that she brought in a city manager to actually run the city day to day. So what executive experience did she have as mayor?"

Palin does have two major accomplishments to her name as mayor: the by now highly publicized sports complex on the outskirts of Wasilla, which she pushed through city government, and the less well-known emergency dispatch center, which she also brought to her hometown.

The sports complex, however, is seen by many local officials as a budget-busting white elephant.

"I feel sorry for our current mayor, because of the mess that Sarah left behind," said Anne Kilkenny, a respected government watchdog in Wasilla. "And the sports arena is still a money loser for the city."

"Sarah was very focused on the sports complex," said Wasilla council member Dianne Woodruff, who began serving after Palin's tenure. "But somebody forgot to buy the land before they started building on it. Somebody dropped the ball. It was the fault of the people running the city at the time. As a result, we've spent well over a million dollars more than we should have. And we're still paying for it."
http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2008/09/17/palin_mayor/

The bridge to nowhere bunk only reaffirms that this woman has no credibility. She can see Russia from her house so she has foreign policy experience. Get out of here.
 faith2565
Msg: 223
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2008 8:07:28 PM
We will see after the debates.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >