Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 itechman63
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Obama's Lipstick on a Pig Page 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Gape, I think that was more than a little harsh.

I think Lass is a centrist or moderate that sees Clinton closest to her preference of center and McCain as the now more centrist candidate remaining. I see logic to her preference.

However, how much of himself McCain had to sell out to get this nomination truly will determine if he is allowed to be closer to the center that Lass hopes or if he, like Bush, has to conform to the extremist views of his owners.
 angelsands
Msg: 33
Obama's Lipstick on a Pig
Posted: 9/10/2008 12:15:54 PM
I believe that Mr. Obama and Mr. McCain DO NOT... I REPEAT, DO NOT look good with lipstick. Gee..!! Talking about PIGS!!!!! Have anyone NOTICE that THEY actually USES MOORRREEEE Make up that Ms. Palin..?? AND THE DO LOOK LIKE PIGS specially when they GRUNT.. (a.k.a., when they "talk") !!...
 mjk21258
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2008 12:24:38 PM

Of course it was a backhanded way to take a swipe at Sarah, but I’m sure he was shocked to find out us rubes in fly over country actually caught it.

Barack Obama’s worst enemy is actually Barry Soetoro’s mouth, it seems that guy just can’t help but put his foot in Baracks mouth every time Barry opens it.

Oh here we go one of those folks that buy all the internet garbage about Barack Obama.
 mjk21258
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2008 12:28:55 PM

In my point of view it should not have been said.. and its just one more reason to vote for the Republicans.... UGHHH ... in my case for the very first time..... I feel like a traitor backing this side.... but when the Democrats are so far off base and there is no third party... its the only choice.

The Dems off base, perhaps they are a bit. But no where near the Repubs, record deficits, war, no child left behind, cutting veteran's benefits, .........
 angelsands
Msg: 36
Posted: 9/10/2008 12:29:16 PM
As I said before, sometimes I really believe that some people here GETS PAID to post their coments so they can create a stirr up.....
 want to travel
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2008 12:37:44 PM
as a Canadian living across the river from Detroit,i must say, the mass media coverage has been very one sided, Mr Obama, can't be looked at negatively . Like it or not, he did make the 'pig' remark on purpose. As a Canadian, i am a liberal, our conservative party would be too liberal to be a part of the democratic party, lol, but because of free trade, i will use our oil for an example, the govmt of Canada only makes a$ 1.90 profit per gallon of oil....
i guess what i am saying is what hurts the USA, hurts us.... I would not vote for Mr Obama
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 38
Posted: 9/10/2008 1:47:05 PM
I just saw that one of McCain's chief advisors wrote a book.....

Guess what the title is?

A. Lipstick on a Pig
 flyonthewall!
Msg: 40
Posted: 9/10/2008 2:54:54 PM
Obviously the McCain camp toook the lipstick on a pig comment out of context, but consdering Palin's speech they should have known better. Obama can't seem to resist giving the Republicans a sound bite.

And if that weren't enough, Joe Biden is already out there shooting Obama in the foot further, by stating in public that Hillary was the better VP candidate:

see: Biden: Hillary May Have Been Better VP Pick
http://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/09/10/biden-on-hillary-may-have-been-better-vp-pick/

Having Joe Biden in Obama's corner is better publicity for McCain than he could ever come up with by himself -- and the good thing is that it's FREE!

Edit, forgot everyone hates Fox, so here's the ABC News version:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/09/biden-hillary-a.html
 MacKevinized
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2008 4:18:27 PM
McCain said lipstick on a pig first and because he's used it in an unflattering way himself, that is why he doesn't like it being used on him. He's acting like a girly man, sophomoric, wimp and training the pittbull with lipstick to fight for him. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Besides that it is a stupid little thing to get angry over. It's just showing how quickly McCain gets angry at trivial stuff.

If he gets the job, we have a bully with a temper and a pittbull in the wings putting her lipstick on.

Reminds me of Boris and Natasha from the bullwinkle show.
 junipermoon
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2008 4:47:44 PM
the whackos need to quit pretending to take offense. everyone knows that obama has used this expression numerous times in the past...long before the alaskan goofball emerged.

i heard an interview with a farmer who actually put lipstick on one of his pigs. not only did the other pigs find nothing strange about it, they all turned around and fell asleep.

Obama
O8
O yeah
 cncgandolf
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2008 5:04:31 PM
"Reminds me of Boris and Natasha from the bullwinkle show."

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, Mackevinized, you made me laugh out loud! Shocking surprise! What a great zinger. You are right! that's who McCain / Palin remind me of.
 angelsands
Msg: 50
Posted: 9/10/2008 5:38:43 PM
To all those who it might CONCERN.. and CARE. I don't know if You have noticed, But WE HAVE ALL SORTS OF PROBLEMS.... From the economy, to the war, to international relations, to the energy crisis, to the health care, education.. etc, etc, etc. AND WE ARE WASTING OUR TIME IN SOMETHING AS TRIVIAL AS A LIPSTICK..?? C'on.. I KNOW WE CAN BE BETTER THAN THAT...!!! No wonder MANY other goverments has a saying into our OWN policies. I am starting to LOSE faith in the way people ELECTS OUR GOVERMENT. PLEASE, AMERICA, WHERE IS OUR PRIDE. ?? WHERE IS OUR COMMON SENSE..??? Remember that whoever WINS or LOSES the election. THAT PERSON STILL WORK FOR US, THE AMERICAN PEOPLE..!! Whaterever happened to "FOR THE PEOPLE AND BY THE PEOPLE" ??. Send a message, is time to take AMERICA back!! THAT IS THE "CHANGE" WE NEED...!!
 OneBlend
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Straight Talk
Posted: 9/10/2008 6:00:21 PM

What did Obama allude to in the following You tube?

So he talked about McCains policies ... now if people want to put that off on Palin, I'm with the other poster who says ... if the shoe fits. Palin is no saint and are we forgetting that she is NOT running for president? I haven't heard anything mumbled from the orifice (she surrounds with lipstick) to make McCain any more appealing. More bloody wars to promote NWO is not appealing.
 flyonthewall!
Msg: 52
Posted: 9/10/2008 6:09:26 PM
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Interestingly enough, Schechter has never gotten anyone to verify this piece of trash except for "unnamed sources".

National Enquirer anyone?
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2008 6:24:02 PM
Falsely accusing Obama's "lipstick on a pig" reference to Palin has gone way to far. Many politians have used this reference in the past.

John Mccain using "Lipstick on a pig" reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMHlIfOTS1c&watch_response

Dick Cheney using "Lipstick on a pig" reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjwVEeq7JiQ

Senator Tom Harkin, speaking in 1991 about president George Bush Sr's plan to send military aid to the El Salvador army, said, "To suggest they are guardians of liberty because they have committed fewer human rights violations in the latter half of 1990 is like putting lipstick on a pig - you've dressed it up a bit but you haven't changed the nature of the beast".

Former Democratic Texas governor Ann Richards, speaking of the same President Bush's 1992 call for the Democratic Congress to move on a constitutional amendment to force the government to keep a balanced budget, said, "You can put lipstick on a pig and call it Monique, but it's still a pig."

Anti-abortion lobbyist Doug Johnson in 1992 used the phrase to describe efforts to attach minor restrictions on abortions to a bill that would explicitly affirm abortionrights. He said the amendments would make the bill, which he opposed, more palatable and facilitate its passage. "You don't want to put lipstick on a pig," Johnson said.

In 1998, Republican Ohio congressman John Boehner used the phrase to describe what he said was a rudderless Republican congress that had suffered losses in that year's election."When there's no agenda and there's no real direction, what happens is you can't - you really can't have a message," he said. "You can put lipstick on a pig all day long, but it's still a pig."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/sep/10/uselections2008.barackobama

First it was the left smearing Palin's kid and now it's the right accusing of Obama of sexism towards some one that he wasn't refering to. This nonsense from both parties has gone way to far. When are people going to stop acting like kids and start acting like adults and get back to the damn issues.....................
 angelsands
Msg: 55
Posted: 9/10/2008 6:47:16 PM
See, Mr. Sidney. That is what I do not understand. MR. BUSH also USES LIPSTICK.. They ALL DO!!! Specially when they are going to be on TV!! Is standard on TV bussines to put makeup on the people!! And trust me, some of them ARE OFFENDING THE PIGS!!! I won't say any names. But we all know who they are. TV "personalities" included. Plese people, STOPTHIS NONSENSE>>!! THANKS
 Boricua Papi
Msg: 57
Posted: 9/10/2008 7:03:53 PM
Well, looks like Biden already conceded this elections to the McCain-Palin ticket. He just launched Hillary 2012 campaign!
 angelsands
Msg: 58
Posted: 9/10/2008 7:14:49 PM
That is the whole point Mr.Boricua!!!! thanks for bringing it up!.. Have anyone ever wonder why Mr.McCain had the nomination..?? Has anyone ever wonder why Ms.Clinton did not have the nomination..?? If You believe this is due to lack of support or because Mr Obama and Mr McCain are better "suits" for the JOB, YOU ARE wasting your time..!! I am not advocating Ms. Clinton. I Have issues that I desagree with her policies. BUT SHE WAS OUT BECAUSE THE OTHER PARTY KNEW THEY DID NOT HAVE A CHANGE WITH HER!! Same with Mr McCain. ! Do You really believe that the OTHER candidates on the republican side were LESS qualified than HIM..?? GET REAL.... PLEASE>>!! We have been decieved..!! They are nothing but puppets that are to the orders of the REAL POWER in Washington!! They're working to continue the same BULLsth. that is going on right now..!! If those who suport Ms Palin thinks( if they win) she is going to stay on the job more than 2 years. well.. all I can say is KEEP DREAMING..!! She won't!! They are just using her just like the other two. WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!
 Ahoytheredave
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2008 7:29:09 PM
The libs argue that the remark was innocent but since Obama made the remark so close behind Palin's speech with a reference to lipstick, I don't doubt the gaff really did offend a lot of people. Not exactly a way to unite people. McCain is correct in asking for apology and had Obama been more understanding of the diversity in this country, he would have made a clear and adamant apology immediately and the issue would have gone away. He chose obvious diversion saying he is JUST LIKE MCCAIN by using the remark instead of demonstrating real change and taking responsibility for his poorly thought out comment.

An issue created by Obama is the claim to be able to unite the country with that being the core of his "change". His associations were bad enough and he has abandoned some of them when they become too embarrassing but his own comments are another matter. He has a lot of patching up to do with those he has said cling to guns and religion. Like it or not, they are a very big part of the country, they are independent, not paranoid, and Palin is a perfect example. Obama not only seems inept at reaching out to these people but appears to detest them. You may see the remark as an innocent and even acceptable comment but he has again offended a great many Americans. The polarization from his actions is THE SAME OLD POLITICS, not change.
 geeleebee
Msg: 60
Barack Keeps Killing republican Bullshit like a Matador!
Posted: 9/10/2008 7:33:24 PM
It wasn't a gaffe.
Obama was making a very clear point about McCain's policies.
McCain wants Obama to apologize to Palin--do you think it would be appropriate for McCain to apologize to Hillary Clinton for using the very same words about her? Obama does not owe anyone an apology.
"Enough!" is right; and it's about damn time.
 spitfire6844
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Straight Talk
Posted: 9/10/2008 7:38:46 PM
Sarah Palin likened herself to a pitbull with her comment. "What's the difference between a hockey mom and a pitbull.......LIPSTICK!"----Sarah Palin. No one else did that to her. She is stuck with her own self-comparison. It's on thousands of DVRs forever. When she made the comment, she didn't sound like a professional, nor a candidate for V.P. of the United States. Barack Obama's "lipstick on a pig" comment had nothing to do with Palin or Palin's original comment. The "lipstick on a pig" phrase has to do with the attempt to use spin to make a controversial policy position look better. "Lipstick on a pig" has never traditionally applied to a person, but to a methodology or a policy position. Even a child can grasp that.

Sarah compared herself to an animal. A pitbull. No one else did that. Let me tell you something about Sarah Palin: it looked early on like she could be an asset to McCain because of her conservative, small-town background. I was looking forward to hearing from her, and thought she would be impressive. Then she opened her mouth.....that's why the McCain campaign has been carefully shielding her from the press ever since. Sarah is getting a big media buzz now (because she's new); but it will quickly wear off. The more she speaks, the more she will be exposed as a blundering mess. Sarah is ready to crumble as soon as the McCain campaign cannot insulate or sequester her anymore.
 faith2565
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Straight Talk
Posted: 9/10/2008 8:23:54 PM
He still has my vote!
 faith2565
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Larry Kind dedicated an hour to this topic (Who CARES!)
Posted: 9/10/2008 9:18:09 PM
This is getting ridiculous. Maybe the apocalypse is about to happen and Alaska is the refuge. I would go and be willing to speak in tongues while eating moose meat. This is starting to get on my nerves. I know I am not the only American feeling this. They need to move on!
 Saver1
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2008 9:22:32 PM
McCain said the same thing about Hillary Clinton’s health policy. Obama used the lip stick as a metaphor to reject McCain’s policy – So what is the big deal.
 faith2565
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2008 9:25:10 PM
He is old and can not remember. No, Hillary is a democrat so you can disrespect her, but not Palin. The bottom line is if a person is not going to vote for Obama because he said 'pig wearing lipstick, then GREAT. Who Cares!
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >