Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > This is for the guys. "would you date a virgin?"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Agallah005
Msg: 12
This is for the guys. would you date a virgin?Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
nope, I couldn't take that chance......
 acgoat
Msg: 13
This is for the guys. would you date a virgin?
Posted: 5/10/2007 5:15:30 AM
Op

I see you posted this almost 2 years ago.
You really a +40 yo virgin at that point?
No man expects a 40 year old virgin.
Unless she was locked away somewhere, just doesnt seem right.

Hope you finally found someone to sleep with.
 Billywiz1
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2007 5:20:08 AM
Yes I would date a virgin dont see why anyone wouldnt
 TedJMill
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2007 11:35:38 AM
A 40 year old virgin in this day and age? Wow!! How the heck did you manage that? That is pure will power! You've missed out that's for sure...not that I'm saying there's anything wrong with it. I'm just thinking, you better use it before you lose it. You must be a saint

I'm a 40+ virgin, too; male and age 48 in my case. It wasn't a matter of will power, just lack of interest; I'd date, sometimes find people I liked to talk to and spend time with and do things with, but that never translated into wanting to get more physical than that with anyone. I'm not "saving myself for marriage"; I just never bothered doing what it takes to not be a virgin.
 totum_spirit
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/4/2007 5:07:18 PM
I didn't date them when I was a teen and am not about to start. But that is MY choice so do as you all want.
 totum_spirit
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/4/2007 5:22:44 PM
One guy said a male virgin is a real man? That was f***ing funny to hear that. Anyone that is so immature, so insecure, so ashamed of them self that they become holier than thou ...just curious is you last name"BUSH"??? To post that a virgin is more than any other person on this planet is dreaming total BS this is the problem... I am not out to disrespect you but when you make a statement like that you lose any respect you would have normally gotten. To be a virgin is your own decision no one elses ...it makes you no less a human nor does it make you above any other human. It is just you and only your choice... no one elses. So look up respect in the dictionary and learn it. Don't judge others by your own small window of the human race. This is just to let you know you crossed a line by showing disrespect for anyone other than a virgin. If you can not accept any other opinions other than your own maybe posting on the web is not a good idea.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2007 2:41:42 PM
I would date a virgin only if she would date me. Fair is Fair.
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/15/2007 10:48:17 PM
Ummm... nope.

And certainly not a 44-year-old one.

I prefer my women with a bit of life experience in them, and this includes plenty of sexual experience as well.

Whilst you are entitled to do what's best for you, contrary to what you inferred in your profile, being a 'good girl' has very little to do with not having sex and having sex does not make a woman a 'bad girl'.
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/15/2007 10:58:37 PM

A real male virgin would be a man and save it till marriage like a real man would. Second of all i cant believe how desperate these these men were to date a girl that would give it up so quickly , why wouldnt they just try to find some real women?????????????/

'Save it 'till marriage like a REAL man would'?, 'Why wouldn't they just try to find some REAL women'?

These 'desperate' men are dating and having sex with gorgeous, experienced, engaging REAL women, and not conforming to your apparrently narrow, paternalistic, judgemental and mean view on this.

At least I come from a secular country where people can make up their own mind about what they do with their bodies instead of being spoon-fed from the fundamentalist pulpit.
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/16/2007 4:37:53 PM

I have dated a virgin. For 14 months I dated a virgin.

You deserve a medal mate.

It took you 14 months of your life you'll never get back to discover you really mean't stuff-all to her in the scheme of things.

I think you should have had the 'moment of truth' conversation way earlier than you did.
 kitten23xox
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/29/2007 9:02:27 AM
To jesus.........fact that she's a virgin or not does not determine her sexual appetite!
However, perhaps if she's nearing her 30s and still is a virgin she may have a low sex drive......although this is 1 of many reasons she may be a virgin.
And, not all virgins become really clingy after their first and some girls who've had guys before may become clingy as well. You have to get to know the person.
Besides, how can you have a physical connection if there is no emotional connection.
Also, I think a lot of men have stereotypical ideas about virgins/nonvirgins. Frankly, stereotypes are extremely broad generalizations and to make them a rule would be false.
 Vannili
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2008 9:04:02 AM
Advertising that you are virgin ? Huh! the long line of men is up to my street, to deflower you..
 godliketoaster
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/16/2008 9:05:45 AM
What does that matter?

I mean...who actually cares?
 aprincelyfrog
Msg: 26
Posted: 8/16/2008 11:42:33 AM
In the past 30 years I've not seen anything even resembling a virgin that I would date.

I dont date women under the age of 25 period.

I dont normally date women under the age of 40 and I think the last 40 year old virgin was a man and they made a movie about him!... and I dont date men (or nuns).

And I have no interest in deflowering you... too much trouble for too little pay back. I prefer a woman with skills.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 27
Posted: 8/16/2008 12:22:45 PM

For the love of gawd.... very few people read all the pages in a 4+ page thread

Honey ~ are you OK? I totally agree with the post. Virgin threads (pun intended) should remain, the oldies need to auto delete after designated period of time.

~OT~ I thought the movie The 40 Year Old Virgin was the dumbest thing I've ever wasted my time on. NO WAY. I have no interest in venturing down the path of "ut oh" "ewwww" "ick" "is this OK??" etc., with a complete and utter novice.
 thwipp89
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2009 5:10:29 AM
i wouldn't have a problem dating a virgin...as long as she wasn't waiting til marriage. i see you're in your 40's, tho- that would set off flags for me, however.
 Mben1986
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/21/2010 11:15:46 AM
This is coming from the perspective of a 23 year old male.

Provided she's around my age and there are no other red lights to speak of, virginity is not a deal breaker for me. It just means you have to work her in slowly, progressing one stage at a time. Get her used to physical intimacy and loosen her up over time. She might even be good once she gets a bit of practice. If she's a virgin by choice (maybe religious) and is opposed to getting into any kind of serious physical intimacy before marriage, I might as well friendzone her.

Everyone has to start somewhere and I, for one, know what it's like to be judged on the basis of your virginity. I think the stigma is much worse for men. We're categorized as being childlike, obsessed with videogames, nerdy, incompetent, and having no future prospects if we're virgins. Or if you don't fit most of those stereotypes, everyone just assumes you are a virgin by choice (religious) or wonders what's wrong with you.

P.S. I'm really surprised at how many guys in this thread are so anti-virgin. I thought that was more of a female phenomenon.
 Mben1986
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/21/2010 4:33:24 PM
Just throwing this out there, but what if the person was technically a virgin (no intercourse) but still has experience doing everything under the sun below that on multiple occasions? (i.e. oral sex, hand action, etc)

I would think that this would be an easy transition compared to someone who hasn't done anything sexual at all.
 Archangel_07
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/15/2011 6:19:48 PM
I would not have a problem with going out with a virgin. There are other ways of being intimate besides sex. Hell, even if she was a really good kisser and proved that she's have me coming back for more kissing. she's a keeper in my books.
 TedJMill
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2011 6:44:52 PM
If a woman near my age is a virgin, that hopefully means she shares my lack of interest in sex.
 Vannili
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2011 1:41:38 AM

If a woman near my age is a virgin, that hopefully means she share my lack of interest in sex.

Brother Ted, I am near your age and virgin by cosmetic surgery, but I don't shared your lack of interest in SEX because my River has not dried up yet.... Sexually,I don't tell the guys, I dated if I am a virgin or not , they have to find that out in action.

JOke.
 charlie_girl_2
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/17/2011 2:45:41 PM
I'm not a guy... in case you couldn't tell. But I can say that I've been a Virgin... more than once.
No problem with the guys who know this.
 charlie_girl_2
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/6/2011 5:44:17 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I was joking!
 diamondprize
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/26/2012 7:22:10 PM
Wow, i go through the same thing. I am 24 years old. In 8months i'll be 25, and still a virgin. Guys would show so much interest in me because of my appearance, and then also fall for my personality, but once they find out i'm a virgin everything shifts. I really don't understand why.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > This is for the guys. "would you date a virgin?"