Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Tayfire
Msg: 15
view profile
History
women and the blues music?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Up here in Dundee we have a blues festival in july with lots of bands in different pub venues over the last few years that is most popular with both sexes, that has expanded to friday, saturday and sunday.
 bootielicious
Msg: 24
view profile
History
women and the blues music?
Posted: 9/16/2008 3:52:52 AM
Maybe it is just not so the first thing that springs to mind as it doesn't come under the label of 'popular music' but I certainly love the blues. The Blues Brothers is a classic film and I've seen tribute bands live do this too. I adore the saxaphone and think it is the sexiest instrument in the world. I also love rnb (not rap) and think n.e.r.d are brilliant.

So... I guess some of us do love it.
 badge73
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2009 12:36:12 PM
For those that are interested, and the blues bints too, theres a program on bbc4 at 930pm about peter green the godfather of british blues.
 TheRealSoul
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2009 1:10:19 PM
well for starters. blues and r'n'b (rhythm n blues) are not the same thing.

for any blues or rhythm n blues fans or people who dont really know it get ya bootys over to memphis, beale street in particular. youll soon appreciate the true soul of all music . . . and a bloody great portion of ribs too
 TheRealSoul
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2009 1:27:20 PM
sonny boy williamson, muddy waters, howlin wolf, r l burnside, b b king, john lee hooker, billie holiday, dobie gray and even fleetwood mac are all great classic blues artists but blues in this day n age still lives on with the likes of seasick steve and joe bonamassa (harder blues but amazing guitarist)

I like RnB, dancy stuff and rap

scint, do you mean rhythm n blues or that over hyped noise people call RnB these days?
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
 badge73
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2009 3:45:27 PM
Think she means the rnb who ever put it in the blues bracket needs to be put against the wall, flayed, burnt, kicked then shot soul lol i like the british blues with the animals and manfred who are touring at the mo. Did record peter green, now watching jools who i enjoy when merry lol
 badge73
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2009 4:07:58 PM
Dont forget coolant jack bruce and ginger baker were jazz players before cream lol and the drummer from the doors was jazz trained. Jazz i find ok on my ear while reading but carnt shag to it like the blues pmpl
 Cleverkitten
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2009 4:08:11 PM
Myself and my pregnant bump, in a t-shirt labelled BIG, went to the London Blues festival in 1991, had a blast

I spent many a dissolute sunday in Greenwich or New Cross and it's environs listening to great blues/r & b cos I knew a great band that played that way. If they didn't have a gig, a couple of them would busk around Greenwich market, so I would rock up aand enjoy. Happy Days

Bought the t-shirt too
 TheRealSoul
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2009 4:32:16 PM
lol badge youre probably right there.

what you all reckoning to the grizzly bears? very 'doors'y dontcha think? lacking jim morrison's voice obviously but very cool sound

and why oh why has paulo nutini spoiled the special's monkey man?

booker made it all worthwhile though. class
 Cleverkitten
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2009 4:51:54 PM

Women have no musical taste, just look at the spice girls ffs,

I could say nor do the men that bed them lmfao (brainless/dead footballers lol)

But how many musical genius's ( is that right or is it genii ? ) have had a female muse ?
 Cleverkitten
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2009 3:59:46 AM
A friend has just recommended I listen to some Susan Tedeschi (Back to the River) not heard the whole album yet, but what I've heard so far is excellent.

Her husband Derek Trucks ain't bad either lol
 oggers
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2009 5:19:05 AM
Big difference between cotton patch blues and what is / was known as Rhythm 'n' Blues (before some sould diva hijacked the term R'n'B ... )

Love Rockin Dopsie and the Twisters
Albert King
Little Charlie and the Nightcats,
as well as a lot of the more traditional cotton patch stuff , and yeah, even the Blues Brothers Band ...

Last Saturday on BBC 4 was the first part of Blue Brittania, the story of the blues in the UK ... assuming part two (of 4) next week ... dont miss it !
 badge73
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2009 7:31:47 AM
agreed there are a_corn, but they are women who generally know a lot about music and have good tastes in general. but i bet if you went and done some research on the street so to speak only about 1 in 20 will know about the blues and nothing on its history or influences. BUT mention rnb and they think its the crap that played ad2005

have seen blues britainia before oggers and lovely to see the old stars being interviewed and hardly recognised jack bruce never mind his voice, shows singing can be done with out an accent lol
 badge73
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2009 5:37:42 PM
whilst searching the net when after a good night out id thought id teach a few about the blues, and dont mean those who hang around small heath shouting lulu. a treat is what it is as shows the best guitarist in the world imho bb king and his friends who arent that bad either just relax, enjoy and more importantly for the women, realise the blues is a way to a mans heart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4OXrmxDp44
 badge73
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2010 8:55:22 AM
just to let everyone know that theres a treat in store off a british blues/rock way on radio 2 on saturday night with paul rogers teaming up with his old guys and playing his free and bad company songs. i for one am looking forward to it as love their stuff and his interview on radio 2 this week.
 Ska_Voovie
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2010 6:04:03 AM
this thread sent me off on a search for some Robert Johnson ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0ks8Crarlg

Love in Vain - eat yer heart out Ec, Lz, Fmc, etc - dig the old boss - better than the new boys !!
 badge73
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2010 12:17:21 PM

I happened to go on a wee blues adventure long time ago and I stumbled into BB King ,Buddy Guy, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eric Clapton, jj Cale. Its a bit of a sweeper of a statement to say us girls know nothing about Blues.

ahhh were you there?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4OXrmxDp44&feature=related

i have noticed in the last few months other sides of music are making a bit of a comeback, noticeable is folk, no longer in its image of woolly jumpers and warm beer. but still say quite a few bints dont know much about blues, but when introduced .... they seem to like at certain times

then again is it a generation thing? i mean those who are younger are quite pressurised into liking into what their friends like or forced down the necks from the radio stations?
 vlad dracul
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2011 3:20:30 AM
the blues

you mean country music with a harmonica?

check out hank williams who described himself as a blues singer but was landed with the crystal and sean delier crowd.

there is some fantastic country music out there

go on you tube and look up jim white and his album the wrong eyed jesus

also steve earle and the del mccoury band

hillbilly music supreme

so yep the blues? aye fair enough

but there is a lot of music out there made by poor white folk thats just as good if not better
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >