Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Who got one of the "Obsession" DVD's in their Sunday Paper?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 14
Who got one of the Obsession DVD's in their Sunday Paper?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
It's more like, a day off work when friends call each other, that's what I meant to say about Christmas.

Now, her wedding was way way way way muslim...even though she married a catholic guy from Maryland and black at that. After all the crying and pleading of her traditional muslim parents, you know, it's america, they sucked it up.

It's a fine line preserving your culture and being part of america. I don't think people realise that muslims do make compromises, like every other religion that has wound up in the melting pot, and what they are in the end is American.
 WhosDrunk?
Msg: 15
Who got one of the Obsession DVD's in their Sunday Paper?
Posted: 9/16/2008 9:52:24 PM

I read the list of papers it was sent to and knew it was geared for stupid audiences.

Are you saying thats why you recieved one?

I got one...

I also have to get my paper from the box, not delivered...

I get my paper for the coupons, sales papers, and comics along with the idiot box guide...

I may or may not watch the DVD one day...

However, I am smart enough to decide if it is b.s. or not where as you just tossed yours and then decide to comment on it...

Guess your right, it was geared for some stupid people...
 MacKevinized
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2008 6:45:01 AM

So Radical Islam isn't real?

Just as real as gangs that kill 15,000 a year
Just as real as 13,000 drunk drivers killing citizens.
Just as real as the guy in the hoodie with a gun jacking your car.
Just as real as the biggest banks and insurance companies going bankrupt.
Just as real as hunting from a helicopter.

They are criminals, they are all real threats treat them as criminals.

Democrats at all concerned and aware of the real threats of these extremist groups?

They are concerned and aware, it's one of the few things republicans are able to express a false outrage over.

Democrats not only can see the terror problem, they also see the cause of the problem and are just as outraged about us causing the terrorists to hate us.

Democrats are also highly aware of the fear and smear tactics used to recruit members. Terrorists, a vast minority of the population, are drawn in by the rhetoric of extreme idealism and decide they should ban together and be in charge. A lot of republicans fall for the fear and smear tactics and become driven to be spokespersons for the fear and smear.
 Blacksheep
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/17/2008 6:54:56 AM
I say the solution to things which are done in the shadow of night is to bring them to the light of day. this forum is a good start but everyone who received one of these DVD's shoud make a copy and send one to your local news stations along with your views on why its being done.

if enough people from enough states simultaniously send these to their local news along with comments the major news media will pick up the story too.

Hell..... make more than one copy, send one to local news, send one to CNN, and send one to the Barack Obama campaign too along with the names of who's producing and distributing this crap and the papers that willing allowed this.

Lets get this out of the forums and make it a major news story nationwide based on the outrage of the American people who dont want fear tactics being used, and the politicizing of 9/11 and terror to scare up votes.
 tallskier
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2008 12:45:36 PM

So consumers have no right to question the advertising of the paper they buy?

Who said that?

Next question - are you forced to buy that newspaper? Don't like the content? Don't buy it!
 Kiss_My_Karma~
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/17/2008 5:22:32 PM
When I said right, I did not necessarily mean Republicans. There are those on the right who are not repubs. And I have read and heard that this is a 'right leaning' organization. So what.
 itechman63
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2008 6:27:36 PM
Sure there is Radical Islam. It does exist but to recognize why it exists isn't garbage. We do have to defend against what's already been created, but to continue the policies in the Middle East as we have for decades is the equivalent of just putting buckets under the leak and never fixing the leak. It's only going to take more and more buckets unless you fix the leak.

I can show you some Radical Evangelicals that are at least as scary as many Muslim Extremists.

At best it's Rightist Propaganda... it sounds as though the DVD could even be considered inciteful hate speech too. I guess Occultists could distribute Pro-Satan DVDs and these papers would agree to insert them in their publications as well?
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Who got one of the "Obsession" DVD's in their Sunday Paper?