Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LG2727
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Does Anyone Else Worry About Growing Old Alone?Page 10 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Growing old alone isnt that bad of an idea. SO, if no one comes along who can compliment you then make the most of your single life! You can do what you want, when you want, spend your money on what you want, go where you want, etc. You cant do that with a husband. So, unless you only want the money and SS benefits from him, why be so depressed if you dont have some guy on the couch that you have to cook and clean for and probably change his depends eventually?
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 186
Does Anyone Else Worry About Growing Old Alone?
Posted: 3/24/2013 5:49:38 PM
I think a lot of people assume that if they have a SO and/or kids, they won't have to worry about "growing old alone". There are no guarantees that they won't lose their partner first, nor that the kids will be willing or in proximity to take them in. There's also no guarantee of living long enough to grow old, alone or with someone else.

If a person has the habit of really living their life each day, that habit will stay with them no matter what age they attain (barring a cognitive disease, of course) and they'll still enjoy life whether they're alone or not .
 Maleman999
Msg: 187
Posted: 3/24/2013 6:57:26 PM

LG2727, Msg 226:
You can do what you want, when you want, spend your money on what you want, go where you want, etc.

It makes me wonder if this statement is coming from an adult or a spoiled brat pre-teen who is shouting from the roof tops declaring their independence.
 melodyof_k
Msg: 188
Posted: 3/24/2013 11:43:39 PM
well I do not want to grow old alone. But I am not worried about it. Its just that I would rather spend this next part of my life with someone who I care about and love and he cares about me and loves me.
I cant worry about it because I dont know if that will happen or not. I do think about growing old alone at times,...and thankful that I have children and grandchildren.
But I do hope that one day soon I will meet a man to spend my life with.
I also love being in love but realize now that there has to be chemistry and a lot more than just that to spend a life together.

afitdancer
Msg: 189
Posted: 3/26/2013 3:07:35 PM
No. I have too many friends and work hard to stay in contact.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >