Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 REDRAIN44
Msg: 156
Does Anyone Else Worry About Growing Old Alone?Page 9 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Awe HELL we try to find somone to spend the rest of our lives with,but require the stuff thats only found in fairy tails. Nobody wants to take any chances. people will jump off bridges,airplanes,biuldings. but when it comes to going through some rough times to make a relationship what it is in reality everyone want the fairy tail thats why you see some of them on this site for years, Shit when I die through my lonley ass out in the desert and let the buzzerds eat me. Im not scared to die alone, im scared to be alive alone. IM as ugly as the buzzerds that are going to eat me but when somone comes along that has a little guts and at least wants to try to avoid dieing alone, dosent matter what they have, how smart they are, how rich thet are , if they smoke, if they are willing to give LOVE a try im willing to jump!
 carolann0308
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Does Anyone Else Worry About Growing Old Alone?
Posted: 7/20/2009 7:41:04 AM
I do not worry about it all the time. But after two long term relationships in my life I realize that I cannot make another person value my commitment or my feelings.
 Viperess
Msg: 159
Posted: 7/20/2009 9:16:17 AM
I just figure by the time I am a dead ringer for Yoda I will be living with about 500 cats who will be pissing all over my house, so TECHNICALLY I won't be alone. However, my mailbox will have the name CAT PISS LADY on it, so I am not sure how much human contact I will get. All in all, I do believe that I will meet the right person at the right time and the rest will remedy itself.
 mascot1
Msg: 162
Posted: 7/20/2009 9:27:34 PM
I worry about not being able to find someone like me or with all the qualities I want in a man, or be able to fit all his criteria, seems almost impossible. I don't worry about it as much as I will 10 years from now (I better find someone before that!!)

Otherwise, I'm sure I'll have just as much fun being here with all the fellow plentyoffishers that I enjoy reading their posts and will miss them if they leave! we all have a few, come on!!!
 kpooks
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2009 2:48:48 PM
I'm already growing oldER alone, and, yes--I fear the inevitable...that I'll die alone and no one will care until they notice the stink of my corpse ripening up the place after two weeks lol.

But I have family and friends, so I'm not THAT alone. While it'd be nice to be intimate with someone, friendship and family are more important. Trick is welcoming someone into my family who I can also explore sexual desires and fantasies with lol. Someone to bring home to Mom & Dad who's also a vixen in the sack...THAT's the trick.
 minako79
Msg: 170
Posted: 8/17/2009 7:52:06 AM
just like everyone else, i do worry... but there are other things in life, i should be focusing on...

heck if it happens, then yeah, i'll be willing to pursue a missionary work instead. :) I could meet more people this way.
 Vincent_1984
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2009 12:49:46 PM
Yes, I have worried about this every single day for the past five years now. That doesn't mean that I am just looking to grab the first person that comes along, I am really looking for someone that is right for me, but it is something that I constantly think about.
 jsphn11
Msg: 172
Posted: 8/17/2009 1:47:52 PM
I don't anymore. The way the dating process goes for me that’s kind of a real possibility, and I’ve already adjusted to this idea.
 hyoid
Msg: 173
Posted: 8/17/2009 1:55:40 PM
I don't, mostly because my genetic heritage predicts I'll achieve "deadness" before I achieve "oldness".
 LOVESTRUCK_wannabe
Msg: 174
Posted: 8/17/2009 3:11:45 PM
Women tend to outlive men so I expect that I probably will grow old alone regardless of whether I spend time with someone in between now and my final days.
 Dreamlife
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2009 4:38:54 PM
An elderly couple, Margaret and Bert, move to Texas. Bert always wanted a
>pair of authentic cowboy boots, so, seeing
> some on sale, he buys them and wears them home. Walking proudly he goes
>into the kitchen and says to his wife,
> "Notice anything different about me?"
>Margaret looks him over, "Nope".
>Frustrated, Bert storms off into the bathroom, undresses, and walks back
>into the kitchen completely naked except
> for the boots. Again he asks, a little louder this time,
>"Notice anything different NOW?"
> Margaret looks up and says, "Bert, what's different? It's hanging down
>today, it was hanging down yesterday, it'll be hanging down
> again tomorrow."
> Furious, Bert yells, "AND DO YOU KNOW WHY IT'S HANGING DOWN, MARGARET?"
>"Nope", she replies.
>"IT'S HANGING
>DOWN, BECAUSE IT'S LOOKING AT MY NEW BOOTS!!!!"
>Margaret replies... "Shoulda bought a hat, Bert. Ya shoulda bought a hat."
 colt8301
Msg: 176
Posted: 8/19/2009 4:29:35 PM
when it comes to finding someone now a days , I hate to be grim, but finding a soulmate is rough in the times. I mean the world has gotten smaller, people have the ability to bug each other with all this text crap and cell phones and internets, as far as growing alone, we never truly are alone, think about you and your 3 other personalities are always in the room together with and death, lol.
 msmitzi
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2009 6:56:14 PM
There are no guarantees in life. Just be happy to have each day and take life as it comes.
 jpwrnglrwmn_forumsonly
Msg: 178
Posted: 3/16/2013 1:45:22 PM
With each passing year, and/or less luck with the whole dating process, I wouldn't say I'm worried about growing alone, but rather am pretty sure it will be the case for me. I have friends I see occasionally, but for the most part, am alone. And yes, like one other poster mentioned, I think I would worry more about health costs as I get older.
 sillysarah49
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2013 10:23:28 AM
i work with dementia how very true
 NDN_Shutterbug
Msg: 180
Posted: 3/18/2013 10:52:02 AM
Personally I believe that growing old alone would be very nice. One can do almost anything when one is alone. You can go where you want, when you want, with whom you want. You have no one to answer to, you don't have to worry about being on time to go anywhere. Yes, it's a strange feeling at first, but ultimately one gets to enjoy going solo.

What you must remember is that it's not necessary to be with someone to be happy. It is a bonus to be with someone to share your happiness.
 Peachx22
Msg: 181
Posted: 3/18/2013 4:10:45 PM
Although I'm only 21...yes, I do...
 JoeBnD
Msg: 182
Posted: 3/18/2013 9:50:59 PM
^^^^ I know that I will be alone in the afterlife as well.
 dharmalion
Msg: 183
Posted: 3/18/2013 10:05:33 PM
Sure. But the truth is, you are born alone and you die alone.
 hippy_dude
Msg: 184
Posted: 3/18/2013 10:07:40 PM
im not afraid to grow old alone but being alone most of my life wasnt all good. sometimes i do want the company of a good woman . i know an increasing amount of people who live alone .
most women here choose to be alone . its their decsion . it seems it became normal for modern age women to be independent . which im glad to see they support themselfs and are not dependent on their husband or boyfriend which was normal when i was growing up. when things went bad the women had no place to go . i dont know if some of the women here are victims of abuse which would explain why they live alone . the most diffucult test for a man when he lives with a woman is to never hit his woman. i never hit a woman and hope i never do . id rather be alone before doing something dumb like that .
 LG2727
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2013 9:14:09 PM
Growing old alone isnt that bad of an idea. SO, if no one comes along who can compliment you then make the most of your single life! You can do what you want, when you want, spend your money on what you want, go where you want, etc. You cant do that with a husband. So, unless you only want the money and SS benefits from him, why be so depressed if you dont have some guy on the couch that you have to cook and clean for and probably change his depends eventually?
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 186
Posted: 3/24/2013 5:49:38 PM
I think a lot of people assume that if they have a SO and/or kids, they won't have to worry about "growing old alone". There are no guarantees that they won't lose their partner first, nor that the kids will be willing or in proximity to take them in. There's also no guarantee of living long enough to grow old, alone or with someone else.

If a person has the habit of really living their life each day, that habit will stay with them no matter what age they attain (barring a cognitive disease, of course) and they'll still enjoy life whether they're alone or not .
 Maleman999
Msg: 187
Posted: 3/24/2013 6:57:26 PM

LG2727, Msg 226:
You can do what you want, when you want, spend your money on what you want, go where you want, etc.

It makes me wonder if this statement is coming from an adult or a spoiled brat pre-teen who is shouting from the roof tops declaring their independence.
 melodyof_k
Msg: 188
Posted: 3/24/2013 11:43:39 PM
well I do not want to grow old alone. But I am not worried about it. Its just that I would rather spend this next part of my life with someone who I care about and love and he cares about me and loves me.
I cant worry about it because I dont know if that will happen or not. I do think about growing old alone at times,...and thankful that I have children and grandchildren.
But I do hope that one day soon I will meet a man to spend my life with.
I also love being in love but realize now that there has to be chemistry and a lot more than just that to spend a life together.

afitdancer
Msg: 189
Posted: 3/26/2013 3:07:35 PM
No. I have too many friends and work hard to stay in contact.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >