Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Christian Men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Christian MenPage 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Well, as a practicing (born of the spirit) Christian, I think these posts in this thread are another good reason to have (relatively) long dating/courtship periods. During which time each person gets to know the true character or the other. As one who is most comfortable viewing the beauty of sex from within a committed marital relationship, I am ashamed for those men and women who put Christian in their profile and then talk and act contrary to those norms recorded in scripture.

I liken such behavior to that of the fig tree Jesus cursed. When He came upon the fig tree and it did not have the promise of the fruit it should have, He cursed it and it withered. Similarly, it should be for all those who wear the label of Christian: if you don't show the promise of your label nor bear the promised fruit then you too should wither. Otherwise you are being as a false prophet and leading others astray - and for that there is only eternal separation from God.

MissM, I wonder why this is so important to you. You list yourself as non-christian, yet you spend a lot of time fretting over those who do not bear the fruit they promise.

TK
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 37
Christian Men
Posted: 10/31/2009 4:44:51 AM

MissM, I wonder why this is so important to you. You list yourself as non-christian, yet you spend a lot of time fretting over those who do not bear the fruit they promise.

Integrity is not exclusive to Christianity. I have standards for my own life and desire someone who is true to their own words.
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Christian Men