Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 61
I am really starting to hate datingPage 6 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)

Seems to be alot of judgemental folks around here

Yup, I am always judgmental about men who say continue a date because they are horny and might get lucky.

I am looking for ltr.

But until you get one, you'll have casual sex with women whom you don't know and don't like? Dude, you can back pedal now, but you were the one who said as much in your post--in fact, you said it TWICE.

.And If you ladies knew how often I have sex you'd be embarrased at the bitterness of some of your post.

I am not bitter: I am merely pointing out that you were willing to have sex with a woman whom you didn't know and didn't like. Why all the protestations about your sex life now?

Sex is good,but I'd take a nice evening holding hands in the park ending with a sweet kiss goodbye anyday.

Unless, of course, the sex is with a crazy tofu lady because she is off her meds and you are horny.

Remember I'm still a guy...

Are you insinuating that all guys would have sex in the same circumstances???
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 65
I am really starting to hate dating
Posted: 9/20/2008 3:50:06 PM

You can twist it any way it suits you,I don't mind.

I REALLY don't see how this can be twisted into anything other than you were hoping for sex with her:

BUT I haven't had a date in two months and I think this girl may be off her meds and I might get some tonight.

,Then comes a foul ball(It would have been a strike but I was pretty horny)"

I am sure you intended it to be funny, but considering the number of forums where women complain about men who date them only for the possibility of sex, for some of us, the humor falls flat.

And the women who think it is funny would be insulted if you took them out and continued the date only because you think you might "get some."
 willowbunny
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2008 4:29:00 PM
Hahahahahaha, thanks for that. We all have tales to tell about nightmare dates but that's a great one. Maybe you should spend a bit more time emailling and chatting on the phone before you meet the next one though. Weirods often give themselves away beforehand and can then be avoided like the plague.
 Miss W
Msg: 70
Posted: 9/20/2008 4:40:01 PM

Maybe she was on to you and used that to get you to pay for her IKEA purchases. You're both users, but it would appear she was better than you. You're more alike than you think. A classic case of the user being had. Karma is a biatch, lol.

I was thinking the same thing. It is amazing at what you were willing to endure all in the name of being horny.

I wonder why people don't automatically touch base on a few simple things before even meeting:
food preference
religion
politics
style / clothing
Music / movie genre
health / exercise

Great advice. People would stop wasting their time if they would "do their homework".
Then, if they are lied to or something is amiss....they are free to at will.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 71
Posted: 9/20/2008 4:44:44 PM

I find it funny all this comming for a person who,s whole profile is about her boobs

There is nothing wrong with sex or sexuality--until it becomes one person taking advantage of another, which is what you intended to do with the woman who was "off her meds."

And I am not surprised that you didn't see the deeper purpose of my profile post: my "whole profile" is not about my "boobs" (and I never referred to my mammary glands as such), but about not conforming to the dictates of society and bucking the system.

You, on the other hand, wrote a tale that belonged in the locker room where men like you snicker about taking advantage of women. You tried to rationalize continuing the date because you wanted to "get some." I wonder why you did this? Was it because you take sex so lightly and have such low respect for women that you would take advantage of a woman off her meds, or was it because you needed a reason to put yourself in a "better" light? For example, you COULD have explained that you continued the date because you are a polite man who cares about the feelings of others, but nope, you continued in hopes of getting laid.

This is not bringing sex out in the open where it, like breasts, can be discussed honestly; it is, instead, demeaning to women and reducing them to objects.

Read my profile again, notice the parts about breasts throughout history. It is an honest categorization, not a standing on the street corner catcalling about "boobs." I am not a prude, but I do protest the humor of a man keeping company with a woman he doesn't like because he might "get some."

By the way, do you have a daughter? A sister? How would you feel if you were in the grocery store and heard a man talking about a female who is close to you, saying that he took her out and though he didn't care for her, hung in there in hopes of "getting some"?
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 78
Posted: 9/20/2008 5:18:08 PM

I write funny stories

Ya know, I COULD have laughed right along with you . . . right up to the "off meds" so maybe "I'll get some."
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 82
Posted: 9/20/2008 6:04:24 PM

Actually gwendolyn your entire profile is about 'mammary glands'...eight full paragraphs to be exact. Your feeble attempt at social commentary is at best silly and at worst pathetic.

I fail to see how an essay on breasts relates to this guy's hanging out with a woman because he wanted to get laid. It is not only throwing a red herring into the "conversation," it is comparing apples and oranges: does discussing breasts equate with wanting to sleep with someone whom one doesn't know or like?

I have also written essays about my sister telling me to cut my hair--the same type of commentary on not bowing to social pressure. If I had THAT essay on my profile, you wouldn't have made the comment you make though my intent would have been the same.

If I had written about taking advantage of men and having casual sex with them even if I didn't like them, then the comparison between what I wrote and what he wrote would be apt.

I also suggest that you develop your reading skills; you fail to see the social commentary in my essay, yet you think his blurb was "satire"?

Oh, wait! What the hell do I know? I have an MA in Lit and Writing and teach writing for a living. Who am I to analyze writing???

Silly me.

Oh, and by the way, my profile blurb is a wonderful way to weed out the idiots who only see "BREASTS" and those who understand my point.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 85
Posted: 9/20/2008 6:19:58 PM

the satire to which I refer is yours not his

Had I been writing satire, perhaps I would have understood your comment.

all in all feeble commentary on a dating profile is like viewing the execution of a chicken...lot's of flying feathers and pandemonium but in the end...nobody truly cares.

You care enough to have made two comments about my profile and you cared enough to rise to the defense of the OP.
 webweebil
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2008 7:45:28 PM
I am insulted and offended!

That you're voting for McCain!!!

(He lives in the next town over and we have about 10 times more police around.)
 vivaciousvixen2
Msg: 101
Posted: 9/20/2008 8:29:58 PM
I believe that the moral to his story is that he shouldn't try to man whore a vegan lady with his swizzle stick Too funny.
He wanted a quick lay and his suave gentleman ways sure didn't work that night
hahahahhahhaha
 Xcen
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2008 8:46:26 PM
Tunes back in after a long day:
Adds more new names to his list of people with issues:
Adds another mark by the regular (or is that irregular) folk with issues:
Laughs and goes to the next forum:
 webweebil
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2008 9:07:55 PM
Honestly, I wonder if you threw in all those qualifiers of hoping to have sex, just so you wouldn't come off like a chump. You are really too funny to be that rotten. (I hope)

Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2008 1:47:33 AM
Wow, I guess she was lucky that she got into that fight, otherwise, you would have continued to pretend you liked her, just to use her for sex and then never see her again, and she would have had sex with someone who had no respect for her and didn't even like her but would still be willing to use her for sex because he "was horny." Reading about that from your point of view makes me start to hate dating. So she had different taste in music and food from you and has prescriptions, at least she wasn't trying to deceive you.

So how is a girl supposed to tell the difference between a guy who really likes her and one who is pretending to like her to get into her pants (and waiting until later dates for sex helps, but maybe there are guys willing to pretend for longer to just get laid).

Quadrider44
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2008 2:53:04 AM
Just caulk it up to the dam hot summer we had this year and her meds were probably out of date ...lol.. by the way what end of town was she in so I can avoid that part of town,Thanks for the warning I think I might have met her sister a few months ago ...lol...
 nikinikaia
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2008 5:12:10 AM
OP - Your first clue was the drugstore in the pantry.

Your first mistake was letting the little head do all the talking and thinking.

Try the one between your shoulders next time you go out on a date.
 ________
Msg: 112
Posted: 9/21/2008 5:27:28 AM
Well -- let me explain exactly what happened here -- since no one is ever completely innocent (there's always Original Sin after all) -- the frustration and anger at having to go on a 'date' with someone totally incompatible and obviously wrong in every way -- who failed over and over to be honest and authentic with this person as to how they really felt built up like a pressure cooker of frustration and rage until the trigger of the improperly parked car tripped the switch...

It's classic sublimation -- the one she really wanted to beat the crap out of of course was you.... And I should add you would have richly deserved it -- given all you really wanted was a *uckdoll and not a relationship of any substance with this person. (Who due to her various eccentricities has likely had to deal with this dating outcome her whole life.... )
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 114
Posted: 9/21/2008 8:22:47 AM

Why shouldn't he have hoped to get laid?

As usual, someone else who missed my point. There is NOTHING wrong with hoping to get laid, but being willing to get laid by someone who is distasteful to the hopeful person is . . . how should I put it? I'll use the vernacular: it is gross. Furthermore, getting laid because someone is "off her meds" is unethical.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I only sleep with men whom I like, whom I have talked to in more than one or two emails, and whom I will see again. Meeting a man and finding that his lifestyle is not appealing to me and who is unacceptable to me in other ways is NOT a candidate for sex.

No argument from me on this one, but I still feel compelled to point out that this is not all that much different from young hotties marrying old rich dudes just for the money: both sexes are equally capable of being vapid and venal, being the salient point here.

I agree wholeheartedly, and if those things had come up, I would have agreed earlier. I was sticking to the forum topic: the OP's experience.

if we apply your reasoning here then at what point would it have been more appropriate for the OP to ditch the bìtch instead of holding out hope for some nookie?

The only thing he had good to say about her was that she offered to drive to IKEA (and I live in backwoods MO, I don't even know what that is). He began by noticing her "pharmacy" and the idea that she was "off her meds" formed the hope in his mind. At no point did he say, "I really liked her," or "she had some great qualities," "despite her eccentricities, she had a good personality," nothing to indicate that they were "grooving" at all; it seems that he was willing to overlook her negatives because he wanted sex. In fact, he states as much by the "horny" comment.

Or should the OP be so emasculated as to never ever hope for nookie and instead just be oh so grateful whenever such a wondrous and precious gift is bestowed upon him (after a suitable amount of groveling, supplicating, and, most importantly, having his debit card on him when his date forgets hers

He can hope for nookie as much as he likes, but if the next date wants to go to IKEA and he agrees, he has no grounds for complaints. If she takes him to a vegan restaurant, drags him about a store, and then has no money to pay for her stuff and he still plans on having sex with her, then really, he is asking for trouble. If it takes the sight of a woman beating a neighbor to make him back off, where is his discernment?

I have been on some BAD first dates, including a man who stopped at every yard sale on the way to our destination, shouting, "How much to you want for this? Will you take a quarter?" and then took a different route home so he could hit other yard sales. I had a first date where the man tried feeling me up in the pub. I have several first dates where the men were so boring, I thought I was going to fall over face first into my eggplant parmigiana. One guy was so short and skinny (nothing like his picture), I thought about taking him home and placing him on the mantel as a figurine. I share these stories and make my friends and acquaintances laugh, but I knew within a VERY short time I wasn't going to see these men again and I was NOT going to have sex with them.

But then, I have never considered having sex with someone I don't genuinely like.

I also understand that the OP is being humorous, but my humor doesn't extend to those who disparage others while simultaneously hoping for sex from them. I would have found his piece amusing if he had omitted those aspects.

Are people really so desperate for sex that they would consider a liaison with people whom they don't know and don't like?

Rhetorical question--no need to answer.
 spitfire6844
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2008 10:19:29 AM
OP: You're making too much out of the failed date. You and the woman weren't a good match. There's nothing wrong with that and it's nobody's fault. All of us run into a lot of bad matches while dating. Your original post is overdramatic and attention-seeking. It's really not a big deal to have a less-than-ideal date. Reframe it into a learning tool and move on to other prospects!

Good luck, dude.
 spitfire6844
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2008 12:57:32 PM

The story was'nt ment to be a candy coated aww poor me I can't find anyone thread or pity me for my dates are never like the movies.

Of course it was, OP. This was a comedic rant about how you put up with a crazy b*tch for an entire date and then didn't even get laid for it. It was a "poor me" post disguised with a thin veneer of humor. Let's clue you in on something. Dating a girl who takes a ton of meds is no big deal. Dating a girl who's a vegan is no big deal. Dating a girl who digs around for her credit cards in her purse is no big deal. Dating a girl who doesn't like the same music you like is no big deal......and, last but not least, dating a girl who gets into a fight with another girl is no big deal. You act like you both got followed in a helicopter by the FBI and then got in a shoot-out or something.

None of the things that bugged you about your date is worth a thread.

What would have made you a stud was not bailing as soon as the fight started. You were trying to get in her pants, right? If you had hung around until that fight was squashed, and then gone inside with her and made your moves----then you would have had something that at least the raunchier guys among us would appreciate.

You blew your opportunity. You wasted your time with someone you had a lot of disdain for (a woman who is not really as bizarre as you made her out to be); and now you're trying to get points on here for making fun of the girl. Not cool at all, man. Not funny at all, either.
 ImAHotMess
Msg: 129
Posted: 9/21/2008 1:51:49 PM
Never date anyone who does not eat meat. LOL Well, I am kinda serious. I do find the vegans and such a bit nutty. Do not be afraid to date again....but that is weird. I do not get the prescription drug mess either. I won't even take advil, but that is me. It seems a lot of people are on all these meds and act differently. This girl just sounds like an extreme nut case. We are not all that way. And nice to see someone else loves a bloody rare steak. I am game for that!! As far as having sex with someone who is acting like a freak? That part I do not get. But at least you admitted what was going on in your mind. Personally, instead of thinking about that, I would have been thinking about when I could get the hell away from her!!!
 SmartSassyBBWinLA
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2008 7:20:06 PM
This was the best entertainment I have had all week....lol
Yep staying home has its benefits.
 mm143
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2008 8:55:43 PM
that was funny , but i feel your pain .so when you were talking on the phone you didnt hear anything strange she might of said? i think talking a few times on the phone might help well good luck
 mm143
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2008 9:01:51 PM
Thanks for the gutteral laughter!
Your story writing skills are fabulous!
I don't mean to laugh at your pain, but I've had a few dates from hell too so can relate. I've met Mr. Squishy Balls, The Nutty Professor, The Horndog from Hell, Howey Halitosis and the ever present entity on POF... Mr. "my picture is 10 years old, I've lied about my age and my height, but I think you won't notice all of that when we meet". (duh!)

Don't give up on dating! Don't let a few bad apples spoil the bunch. Look at it as a very unique learning experience! iam glad iam not the only one this happens to.
 Kramersmom
Msg: 146
Posted: 9/21/2008 9:17:08 PM
Read your post. We know why you are single. Nuff said.
 Miss W
Msg: 149
Posted: 9/21/2008 9:36:47 PM
Now, if you'd have gone out with me, we would have went to Texas Roadhouse, and then listen to some country music or put the ipod on shuffle and went to Fleet Farm! :)

Fleet Farm? Aren't these the people who make the enemas?

I just wanna know...how much did she end up charging on your card?

I believe that a page or 2 or 3ago, the OP said that it was around $20, which included his shower curtain.
Message 171... Rock on Darlin'!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >