Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 95
Would you reject someone because of something in their profile?Page 10 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Of course we reject people because of what's in their profiles:

An atheist isn't going to date someone who references their Christian faith as central; who in turn isn't going to want to date a Wiccan; who isn't going to want to date a hunter; who isn't going to want to date a Vegan; who won't want to date.....
 whytwater
Msg: 96
Would you reject someone because of something in their profile?
Posted: 9/5/2009 5:26:01 AM
She can be beautiful and sound great until the mention of a Harley motorcycle. I've nothing to complain about the motorcycle itself. It's a fine piece of machinery.

Lol. I've had bikes off and on since college, and they're a kick. BUT-

Nascar. Or Jesus. If she's wearing those t-shirts, or shows them on her to-do list, I pass. I believe in informed choices, but this matching thing is difficult, and those two obstacles have just been insurmountable, ime. I could explain, but it'd be long. lol
 cuddleygirl
Msg: 101
Posted: 9/8/2009 8:32:00 AM
I have been separated for 13 years and I am in no hurry to get a divorce. The divorce is just a piece of paper and $1000.00 bill (if you're lucky it's that cheap). My closure happened a long time ago and until I have a reason to get divorced I'm not forking out the money.
 forum101
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2009 11:27:32 AM
The profile is the only thing we have to gauge another person.
I have passed up profiles because of long nasty untrimmed beards, age, hobbies, ex-ranting, child support ranting, distance, inability to type a coherent line, disability, certain health problems, obvious hygeine deficits, no job, atheists, smoking bashing. Also drugs, or not enough info on the profile. I figure if they are too lazy to fill in a profile, they arent going to put forth much effort in dating.
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 104
Posted: 9/8/2009 11:10:44 PM
It's funny that you would look at it as rejection. It is not rejecting some one to simply decide you have no interest in them based on what is shown on their profile. You don't drink wine so some wino is not interested in you, sounds like a time saver to me.
 jacob8088
Msg: 112
Posted: 9/14/2009 9:28:08 PM
I wouldn't reject a woman just because she doesn't drink wine.

drusurfer06...no sh*t. tell me something I don't already know..LOL
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 113
Posted: 9/14/2009 11:52:21 PM
For me first things i look for is smoking and kids. if she has one or both i dont even bother with the pic or profile. Then i read the profile, If it has a long list of wants and the "wont settle" or "im happy alone unless i meet the perfect guy" then i move on.. You just know there would never be the perfect guy for them . Same way that if we guys would look for the perfect woman we wont meet her as well. It would be nice to meet a good woman, Even if she is not perfect.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >