Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What does it mean when she says she will call, but doesn't?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SteveinHP
Msg: 12
What does it mean when she says she will call, but doesn't?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Wait a minute....You are in love with her, but you have never met? DO you know what love is? What kind of relationship is this? Talks on the phone? Emails?

That is not a relationship. If you were in a relationship you would have found a way to meet. You are basing your feeling on hope, not love....

SHe does not call because it is not a real relationship..it is some kind of fantasy.

She did not call because she is probably out with someone else.
 guyinacorner
Msg: 13
What does it mean when she says she will call, but doesn't?
Posted: 9/22/2008 9:56:10 AM
it means she doesnt like you so much.
your an after thought.
something to occupy herself with when nothing else is availiable
 celts123
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/22/2008 11:12:11 AM
It means that she isn't interested especially since this has happened more than once. This happened to many people on the internet. One time I asked a woman out after some phone & email conversations. She claimed that she was busy that weekend. But we could hang out another time. I called her a few days later. She sent me a text message stating that she would call me back. I never heard from her again. The bottom line is this. In many cases, what people say and what people actually do are 2 different things. Some people simply don't have the courtesy or courage to tell the other person that they aren't interested.
 GuyN3xtDoor
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2009 2:06:24 AM
Hi James,

Many may not admit it, but many men and women have communicated by writing each other and felt they had something with someone. Who knows maybe you will, however I think what I and some others may be saying is that it may seem and feel very real, but until you are interacting in person or atleast talking on the phone regularly, it may not be as real as you think. I would explore the idea of meeting in person, even if it involves travel. And, if it doesn't happen then you will have a better idea what you have together, if anything.

And, as far as the phone calls go, if a woman does not return your phone call on the first message, then she may not be interested. If she doesn't return your second message, then it's highly likely she's not interested. When I was in my 20's I used to use the 3 message rule and I would leave 3 messages before not leaving any more. But, what I've found is that if she doesn't return your call after 2 messages, it is best to move on since she's not reciprocating. Believe me, if she's genuinely interested, if you have left a message or two and stop calling her, she will eventually call you.

My rule of thumb is very much like a salesman approaches his or her prospects. Not that a romantic relationship is like sales, but sort of. I focus on the prospects that are reciprocating and showing interest. The rest are a less productive use of your time and efforts. Pursue them, but let them pursue you back or you may be wasting your time. Always ask yourself, is she reciprocating or am I doing all the work here?

Hope this is helpful and best wishes!
 GuyN3xtDoor
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2009 2:20:08 AM
James,

One other thing I meant to mention. The reason many men and woman do not call is because they may not be interested, but they also don't want to hurt your feelings or be the "bad" guy or girl. It is kind of code for I'm not really interested. Honestly, I have a lot of women friends and have dated way more than I should have and most women will tell you that if you call a third or more times, they are usually thinking, doesn't he get the hint?

So, just know that it happens to everyone and you are not alone on this one. Trust me. So, just know that most people are kind hearted and just don't want to be blunt with you about how they feel. Really, if you leave two messages, they will call you if they are interested.

Take care.
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2013 6:06:38 PM
I personally don't understand the mentality of telling someone they will call you back and never do so.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What does it mean when she says she will call, but doesn't?