Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Only dating for attention, validation and free stuff?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 8inscrew
Msg: 50
Only dating for attention, validation and free stuff?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Pontiac, maybe she noticed you noticing the waitstaff's derriere.... which she undoubtedly noticed first anyway.

I don't see anything wrong with dating for these reasons. Just these reasons? Yuck.
Also, honesty is huge. Acting like things are more than they are is wrong.

Casual dating often becomes a competition between suitors.
What's wrong with that?

When I was dating, women often got me gifts or did things for me, took me on get a ways.
It was validating. The attention was nice. Flattering sometimes.
From rich Daddy's girls to more mature professional women... make no mistake.
Ladies are ruthless in their stalking of their pr... I mean competition for mates.

What I don't get, is showing an interest in a gal and making the effort of dinner, movies, ect...
then griping about how much you spent. When it's "my treat" I feel good about that.

I got stood up some years ago by a gorgeous blonde. Because she liked me too much..um?
But it was a very fancy place. I looked like an ass. So I said eff it, and had dinner anyways.
Full course meal.. beers while waiting, tapas, entrée, dessert, 2 bottles of wine, then I ordered for her.
And ate that too. After espresso the owner gave me the bill and a cigar.. along with a healthy discount.
It was still like $400 with tip. What a treat.

If you just want sex... tell her to come over in sweats for pizza and a movie.
And to pick a pizza and a movie on the way over...

If you want to get out on the town and show off your woman.. get clean, dress well, smell nice
and hit the atm. Don't begrudgingly part with your clams with the hopes of sex. That is dishonest.
Destined for disappointment, maybe?
 abc1129
Msg: 51
Only dating for attention, validation and free stuff?
Posted: 1/3/2016 12:01:38 PM
Spend more time talking to them before going out on a date. If you feel there is no chemistry don't waste your time and money.
 gtomustang
Msg: 52
Posted: 1/3/2016 12:16:34 PM
well, insurance crew, she's a friend of 15+ yrs who prefers guys she can't have so she can win 'em over. Had she caught me checking out the waitstaff, she probably would have helped me try to get a date :) As for people who have what others want, and can get something out of that....why not? if they can live in that world, bully for them. not everyone dates to gain the same goal. For example, someone might want eyecandy, and it no longer costs a nickel.
 abc1129
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/3/2016 12:17:22 PM

what I'm saying is that there are just as many men who are looking for "free stuff" aka sex as there are women looking for free meals.

Well, sex is actually free as opposed to a meal at a restaurant.
 50ThousandAnd1
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/3/2016 12:46:49 PM
I'm not dating, but if I did you better bet I'd wanna clean up w/ all kinds of goodies until I met a man I fell in love with! Oh, that $20 lunch at a chain restaurant does not qualify a woman as a gold digger.

POF does not have men w/ gold, period!
 Anand_scientist
Msg: 55
Posted: 1/3/2016 1:26:02 PM

Spend more time talking to them before going out on a date. If you feel there is no chemistry don't waste your time and money.

I don't consider any of my dates a waste of time and money.
 Frank4575
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2016 1:53:10 PM
I would think you should be happy with so many responses,some of us don't get any.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Only dating for attention, validation and free stuff?