Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Tennessee  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HarleyRider243
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Pet Peeve!!Page 2 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
OK! ENOUGH!
We all know this site is about half full of crazies right? Ok, well I think I hit rock bottom today. Be ready....
My peeve of the day is: my profile says dating or long term it DOES NOT in ANY way say OR imply that I want to father a child to a gay female couple.... please read it, I'm here to meet someone to get to know and maybe hopefully date. NOT the above; peeve is please read profiles...geeeeeezzzzzz I'm now going to go think about whether I really want to be here.
Bobby
 roxyjo
Msg: 91
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 2/5/2009 4:23:50 AM
Hi TnMan, I'm sure it wasn't intentional but could you change the name on your post? (Joe Smith) That's my real name. LOL It was a pleasure meeting you at the party. Had a great time and looking forward to the next one. Take care and happy fishing!!!
 maples01
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 8/17/2009 3:28:58 PM
Want the gov responsible for your health care, have a discussion with an elderly or disabled person, they have Medicare, which is gov run, they'll give you a reason why not.

BTW, if in need of proof of citizen ship, use Hawaii, before a certain year, they didn't have records, just requires a short form and wallah.

If you question the gov, being put on a watch list like a terrorist.

Amnesty for illegals, just the tip of the iceberg, how about the stimulus package doling out millions to move Hammas refugees to the US, paying their housing, food and health care for their entire stay.

Millions for families and survivors of the 9-11 attacks who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, are we guaranteed safe existence in this country, if so why was I not able to sue when my Jeep was able to drive off the side of a bridge due to degraded guard rail, especially with proof of a failed inspection months prior.

Rising gov debt, bailouts, job losses and congress unanimously voted themselves another pay raise.
 maples01
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 8/19/2009 11:27:10 PM
Yeah, the mishap at the VA resulting in Aids being transmitted to others who recieved a colon-oscopy.
Put us all on gov health care, the one we provide the ones in congress, yep, that's the answer.
 maples01
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 8/27/2009 8:37:57 PM
BTW, guy I went to school with, worked on reactors in submarines in the Navy after graduation, recently he got on at a nuk facility in Ohio. He and co workers have gone to Washington recently in protest due to the gov withdrawing the funding/bill for the nuclear power industry. They wave the mighty fist and threaten the coal power facilities with taxes on CO2, as if they want cleaner energy, then pull funding on what can provide clean energy. My friend has argued against solar, revealed the dirty secrets to it, clean it may be, but creation of the solar panels are far from clean, toxic chemicals are needed to make them, so the green society seems to overlook that process.
TVA ash spill, falls under the category, they knew it was coming, it's stored up on a hill, was leaking, but repairs are expensive and require things go off line so just wait till you have to fix it.
Hydro-electric power, supposedly free clean energy, anyone see the news about Russia, three of six generators blew out, flooding the room, water so cold survivors wouldn't live fifteen minutes in it. The three generators remaining will take two years to repair before going online. Lets see, the dam in Ky just up the stream from Nashville is leaking so bad they have dropped the water near 30 feet, not to mention Center Hill dam in TN has leaks in the rock faces and into near by streams from under ground sources, were there ever any plans for this type of failures when they were built?

I knew a TVA employee who was required to be at work with nothing to do because at the end of that month was time for more gov funding, they had to burn through what was left over, to be at $0 on the books. He and the other employees were making rings rings from brass laying around to stay busy and burn the clock out. I know others personally who have been at gov funded jobs where similar things are done, saving money equals less funding next year, so ALL must be spent, by any means legally possible.

I'll leave you with my motto "Close Enough for Government Work!"
 romanticgal61
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 10/30/2009 11:17:27 AM
hey c.w. you won't melt!!! be safe and have a great time this weekend!!!
 RNDB2C
Msg: 129
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 1/31/2010 12:04:31 PM
OLD Man Winter...

He packed a wallop this weekend.
To ALL, hope your safe.
Was very SCARY driving Late Sat, Early SUNDAY Morning.
More like a ICE rink, than a street.
GLAD it warmed up.

TO THE Next POF Event, end OF Feb. Hope weather cooperates.
 maples01
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 2/4/2010 4:36:08 PM
Not sure of others, but I'm shy, or bashful as mom said, so I've not asked for numbers, but think if I had, I'm hopin I'd call it.
 RNDB2C
Msg: 132
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 2/5/2010 3:00:05 AM
Know what I've been seeing lately...
These ads from people WHO you KNOW are not LOOKING for a 50...something...Bald something...OLDER Man with their (asstits) falling out of their, WHAT they call clothes.
I call it out of top braazzsing.

DON'T want to know WHAT you LADIES see on your INBOX email web page from...YOU KNOW WHO.

OH well, blocks going back up today from advertising.

This not a Peeve..Another Valentine, with somebody you rather not really be with. Are because, you think that's better than being alone.....Sad really...LET THEM GO....

maples01
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 2/6/2010 2:54:19 PM
Experiences make us who we are, hate them or not, it's a way god forges us in the furnace, due to the human condition ie:free will, we have to learn from experience, tend to ignore anything else.

I can approach strangers in a store and help them, or just shoot the breeze, but at an event, I shy away to a corner with familiar people and tend to refrain from introduction. Should be a pet peeve of mine.
 RNDB2C
Msg: 135
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 2/8/2010 2:55:33 AM
The Super Bowl Game..

It's only a game. Get over it!!!!

New Orleans Saints went marching into Miami and WON.
Be a good sport, Say nice job.
You COLTS will have a SB Event in your town 2 years from now.
Future Super Bowl host stadiums!!
Funny in a way..The ones coming UP...Hope HOME TEAM in the one, in there HOME TOWN.

* 2011 - Cowboys Stadium, Arlington, Texas
* 2012 - Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana
* 2013 - Louisiana Superdome, New Orleans, Louisiana

FINAL Score!!!

New Orleans Saints...31...Indy Colts...17.

Was one of the better Super Bowls. You didn't know till LATE 4TH Qt.
WHO were going to win.

"WHO DAT"...Why it's the SAINTS.
 RNDB2C
Msg: 137
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 2/10/2010 3:06:50 AM
Not knowing how to COOK Ground HOG Stew..

Really OLD Man Winter needs to take a HIKE back up NORTH.
 RNDB2C
Msg: 139
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 2/13/2010 3:27:54 PM
O.K. A Valentine Day is here.
Another YEAR, no luck at this POF.

Really don't know WHAT you LADIES WANT.
Nope, not buying you a Diamond, just met ya.
NOPE, no flowers, they die TO fast.
NO card, make my own one.

What you CAN have is MY TIME.
Maybe, just MAYBE, in time my HEART.

SO keep not answering my EMAILS.
It just takes ONE, and you will still be here LOOKING For Mr Perfect and JUST PLAIN OLD ME, will be off having the TIME of his life.
With somebody that WANTED me for ME.

RNDB2C
Msg: 141
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 2/14/2010 6:16:58 AM
Ouch... OTD..

How many on here, like THIS TODAY????

Hoping to at least SOMEDAY.
To YA...

Bet BUNCHES..

Well, at least Chocolates go on SALE Feb 15.

MY PET PEEVE.
Longest 24 hours TODAY, if your ALONE.
 RNDB2C
Msg: 142
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 2/15/2010 4:12:37 AM
Get YOUR Shopping cart out of the middle of LANE, GOT TO GET A Chocolate FIX...

OH Boy SALES ON Chocolate and other STUFF, and SNOW to keep those bad drivers at home.

maples01
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 2/15/2010 4:32:26 PM
My pet peeve: It's this white stuff that just wont take the cold weather and leave, I'm ready for spring, warm up already.
 maples01
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 2/25/2010 4:13:32 PM
Obama wants everyone to know, he won, enough said. LoL
Obama is also not concerned with what the people want, he has to get at least one of his plans through to say he did something while he was in office, it's health care reform that was picked. They know what's coming in November, so the wheels are turning and the pressure is on. For all those who voted for "change," hope as many or more of them have suffered with the rest of the voters, the ride isn't over. Jobs are still being lost, just not reflected due to unemployment has a time line, when you fall off the role, you aren't counted as unemployed, even though you have yet to get a job, but Washington boasts the numbers decreasing.
BTW, infastructure, well these jobs aren't forever, when done there will be massive unemployment, and also, I've worked construction, did you know gov jobs have workers who can't speak English, don't think they're illegal do you. Look on the road side, white helmets are workers, yellow is supervisor, most repairs have 4 yellow and 2 white, the yellows are banded together at the truck while the white hats are standing around waiting on instructions. I worked for a private company thank god, I do miss it tho, they gave me a drilling job, instructions as to where, and left me alone to do the work, how many get to set their own pace, mine was always wide open, left me waiting a lot, a chance to work with the blasting crew.
 RNDB2C
Msg: 147
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 3/12/2010 11:43:15 PM
Pet Peeve..

People who think RULES, are for OTHER people to follow and live by.
They get caught their hand in cookie jar, per say and it's.....

"WHY this always happening to me???"

Cause You think you above the RULES.
Follow them, you will be a lot happier and US.
 RNDB2C
Msg: 148
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 3/13/2010 10:17:17 PM
People who think it's ALWAYS about YOU..YOU..YOU.

NO!!!!! IT'S Always about Them..Them..Them..
 RNDB2C
Msg: 150
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 3/16/2010 1:07:34 AM
People not taking time to Read the Rules..

Using POF Forums STATE Forums as a chat board. USE USA Forums!! LOL.

OH LOOK, I found somewhere I CAN Chat 4-5 TIMES a day. LOL.
 RNDB2C
Msg: 151
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 3/21/2010 9:40:40 PM
Being told we will have someone call you, for your POF Event, to be held there.
THEY NEVER call you. Or return your calls
O.K. Lose a hundred extra people for the night, sure the competition WILL liked US COMING for the NIGHT, maybe the NEXT few months, a night a month.

P.S. In a GOOD thought tho....Spring HAS Sprung in EAST Tennessee!!
 RNDB2C
Msg: 152
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 3/30/2010 11:25:08 PM
Forums and finding POF Parties.

NOT making it easier.
 maples01
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 4/12/2010 1:49:45 PM
I noticed, there is no link to the forums any longer, so how many have we lost due to it. OTD gave me a hint on how to find it.
 maples01
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 4/12/2010 11:15:43 PM
So ceecee, you have the farms and crap, the bad side of facebook, I did it to kill time, now it's obsessive.
 maples01
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 4/19/2010 7:54:29 PM
I play farmtown and mafia wars, but thats it. I had bejewelled in my old phone, so when I updated to a new one, I started carrying the old one for the game, now it's my MP3 player, so when mom was visiting, I let her play bejeweled, it hooked her, she had to but it for her computer.
It needs to rain and wash all the pollen away, so it'll quit blowing around, it's ridiculous.
Show ALL Forums  > Tennessee  >