Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Tennessee  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 maples01
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Pet Peeve!!Page 6 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Experiences make us who we are, hate them or not, it's a way god forges us in the furnace, due to the human condition ie:free will, we have to learn from experience, tend to ignore anything else.

I can approach strangers in a store and help them, or just shoot the breeze, but at an event, I shy away to a corner with familiar people and tend to refrain from introduction. Should be a pet peeve of mine.
 RNDB2C
Msg: 135
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 2/8/2010 2:55:33 AM
The Super Bowl Game..

It's only a game. Get over it!!!!

New Orleans Saints went marching into Miami and WON.
Be a good sport, Say nice job.
You COLTS will have a SB Event in your town 2 years from now.
Future Super Bowl host stadiums!!
Funny in a way..The ones coming UP...Hope HOME TEAM in the one, in there HOME TOWN.

* 2011 - Cowboys Stadium, Arlington, Texas
* 2012 - Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana
* 2013 - Louisiana Superdome, New Orleans, Louisiana

FINAL Score!!!

New Orleans Saints...31...Indy Colts...17.

Was one of the better Super Bowls. You didn't know till LATE 4TH Qt.
WHO were going to win.

"WHO DAT"...Why it's the SAINTS.
 RNDB2C
Msg: 137
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 2/10/2010 3:06:50 AM
Not knowing how to COOK Ground HOG Stew..

Really OLD Man Winter needs to take a HIKE back up NORTH.
 RNDB2C
Msg: 139
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 2/13/2010 3:27:54 PM
O.K. A Valentine Day is here.
Another YEAR, no luck at this POF.

Really don't know WHAT you LADIES WANT.
Nope, not buying you a Diamond, just met ya.
NOPE, no flowers, they die TO fast.
NO card, make my own one.

What you CAN have is MY TIME.
Maybe, just MAYBE, in time my HEART.

SO keep not answering my EMAILS.
It just takes ONE, and you will still be here LOOKING For Mr Perfect and JUST PLAIN OLD ME, will be off having the TIME of his life.
With somebody that WANTED me for ME.

RNDB2C
Msg: 141
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 2/14/2010 6:16:58 AM
Ouch... OTD..

How many on here, like THIS TODAY????

Hoping to at least SOMEDAY.
To YA...

Bet BUNCHES..

Well, at least Chocolates go on SALE Feb 15.

MY PET PEEVE.
Longest 24 hours TODAY, if your ALONE.
 RNDB2C
Msg: 142
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 2/15/2010 4:12:37 AM
Get YOUR Shopping cart out of the middle of LANE, GOT TO GET A Chocolate FIX...

OH Boy SALES ON Chocolate and other STUFF, and SNOW to keep those bad drivers at home.

maples01
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 2/15/2010 4:32:26 PM
My pet peeve: It's this white stuff that just wont take the cold weather and leave, I'm ready for spring, warm up already.
 maples01
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 2/25/2010 4:13:32 PM
Obama wants everyone to know, he won, enough said. LoL
Obama is also not concerned with what the people want, he has to get at least one of his plans through to say he did something while he was in office, it's health care reform that was picked. They know what's coming in November, so the wheels are turning and the pressure is on. For all those who voted for "change," hope as many or more of them have suffered with the rest of the voters, the ride isn't over. Jobs are still being lost, just not reflected due to unemployment has a time line, when you fall off the role, you aren't counted as unemployed, even though you have yet to get a job, but Washington boasts the numbers decreasing.
BTW, infastructure, well these jobs aren't forever, when done there will be massive unemployment, and also, I've worked construction, did you know gov jobs have workers who can't speak English, don't think they're illegal do you. Look on the road side, white helmets are workers, yellow is supervisor, most repairs have 4 yellow and 2 white, the yellows are banded together at the truck while the white hats are standing around waiting on instructions. I worked for a private company thank god, I do miss it tho, they gave me a drilling job, instructions as to where, and left me alone to do the work, how many get to set their own pace, mine was always wide open, left me waiting a lot, a chance to work with the blasting crew.
 RNDB2C
Msg: 147
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 3/12/2010 11:43:15 PM
Pet Peeve..

People who think RULES, are for OTHER people to follow and live by.
They get caught their hand in cookie jar, per say and it's.....

"WHY this always happening to me???"

Cause You think you above the RULES.
Follow them, you will be a lot happier and US.
 RNDB2C
Msg: 148
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 3/13/2010 10:17:17 PM
People who think it's ALWAYS about YOU..YOU..YOU.

NO!!!!! IT'S Always about Them..Them..Them..
 RNDB2C
Msg: 150
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 3/16/2010 1:07:34 AM
People not taking time to Read the Rules..

Using POF Forums STATE Forums as a chat board. USE USA Forums!! LOL.

OH LOOK, I found somewhere I CAN Chat 4-5 TIMES a day. LOL.
 RNDB2C
Msg: 151
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 3/21/2010 9:40:40 PM
Being told we will have someone call you, for your POF Event, to be held there.
THEY NEVER call you. Or return your calls
O.K. Lose a hundred extra people for the night, sure the competition WILL liked US COMING for the NIGHT, maybe the NEXT few months, a night a month.

P.S. In a GOOD thought tho....Spring HAS Sprung in EAST Tennessee!!
 RNDB2C
Msg: 152
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 3/30/2010 11:25:08 PM
Forums and finding POF Parties.

NOT making it easier.
 maples01
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 4/12/2010 1:49:45 PM
I noticed, there is no link to the forums any longer, so how many have we lost due to it. OTD gave me a hint on how to find it.
 maples01
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 4/12/2010 11:15:43 PM
So ceecee, you have the farms and crap, the bad side of facebook, I did it to kill time, now it's obsessive.
 maples01
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 4/19/2010 7:54:29 PM
I play farmtown and mafia wars, but thats it. I had bejewelled in my old phone, so when I updated to a new one, I started carrying the old one for the game, now it's my MP3 player, so when mom was visiting, I let her play bejeweled, it hooked her, she had to but it for her computer.
It needs to rain and wash all the pollen away, so it'll quit blowing around, it's ridiculous.
 maples01
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 4/26/2010 4:13:03 PM
Some people on here got no sense of humor, I comment on a persons profile messaging them, telling them the pictures they put up as a joke were pretty good and they take it as an insult.
Here's a hint, if you do something as a joke, and claim it as such, if you get a reply that it was funny, how are you bent out of shape? Of coarse I couldn't explain, I've been blocked, perhaps if you take things so personal, you may not want to be here.
 maples01
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 4/29/2010 6:36:54 PM
Sears, buy something (made in China) take an hour to put it together then notice it's bent out of shape, now I'm bent out of shape for being stupid and assembling it before looking it over with a microscope.

The positive side, I learned to look before getting out the tools, and I got practice for the next one? I wonder how they'll feel when I open the replacement up in the store, shoot, I can drag it closer to the tools needed to assemble it.
 maples01
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 8/21/2011 9:42:21 PM
My biggest pet peeve is ignorance, go to the picnic area by Cades Cove in the Smoky Mountains, there happen to be only 2 tables for the disabled, happen to be on the stream side, where everyone wants. Very few times do I get it, healthy people unload their stuff to claim it, and when I roll up in my chair they act put out that they have to move. I can't tell you how much I loath gravel, it's a manual chair, it takes a lot of effort to maneuver and keep from the uneven terrain tipping me over! When I do get the paved table, it's wonderful to have people bumping into us as they stroll through while we're cooking, so much for your own space!
There happen to be areas in life that are set aside for the less fortunate, they are marked, you should be thankful that you don't need it, rather than taking the space and boasting about how nice it is! Leaving your buggy's in stripe zones by the handicap parking spaces at stores, not that anyone knows or cares, some disabled people have vans with a lift that deploys out of the passenger side for them to exit/enter, it removes access for them. I'm true amazement I sit and watch, it's laziness at times, but others is ignorance, many will walk out of their way to put a buggy there when the rack designed for it is beside the door of the car they exited.
You park in the front door of a store to return a movie or pick something up, you're in a hurry, I am too, but your time is more important. You park in front of a curb cut or wheelchair ramp, you didn't see it, that doesn't matter it's a "NO PARKING" zone, missed that sign on the post too!
Handicap people, and those in wheelchairs are seem like jerks or disgruntled people, picture this: You get up in the morning, the dress routine is tough, extra work is required, going places is tough, there are a lot of parking spaces, but few with the requirement that meets your needs, them you have to deal with all of the ignorance from above. It's hard to be cheerful when you are met with a day full of obstacles, thank god it isn't this way everyday, but it is more than I care to count.
 maples01
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 11/13/2011 3:18:59 PM
I just moved 200 miles, I'm closer to family, I have a bunch of movies, video games, and family to visit, I'll not be playing games or bothered with them, got better things to do.
I don't think the drama of dating is worth it, I was trying, but had no interest.
 PlatonicISfineTOO
Msg: 168
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 12/27/2011 12:58:21 PM
hmmm

it might be a"peeve" to keep seeing the same ole women postint the same ole crap on this and other sites for 4 to 5 years ! lol....I can come back 2 years later even with a new invisible profile, and see the SAME women with a profile, or STILL spending time in forums all over the web ! (and you can easily track them all over the web...LOL)

Another "peeve" might be meeting and just seeing women who are well over say 44 or so, and older, that don't realize that they can not successfully get away with trying to adopt the "look" of a young woman in her twenties or early thirties ! it's almost laughable at times, sad at other times because they don't realize that they can not get away with doing that stuff ! it's crazy....hip-hugging jeans, 5 inch spikes/boots, micro skirts, layered tops, long long hair resembling that of a college coed with bangs, and wearing "poster tees", anythingAeropostale...lol....or with "Guess" or "Pink" on it...lol

it's not really a "peeve" , but what it is, is "stupid", and does an attractive woman over 45 no good ! stop shopping in the Juniors Department and go get an updated hair do !, and put your best foot FORWARD.....you can't go "backward in time" ladies...mature
and thoughtful women know better than to attempt this rubbish...foolish women only continue to pretend.
 maples01
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 1/1/2012 5:30:57 PM
Suthn Boy it's impossible to start a topic because this vote crap, if you don't like it, either don't open or comment, but many might be interested, the stupid moderators don't give anyone enough time to see it!
 maples01
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 1/8/2012 10:00:58 PM
I'm betting the voters have no real profile with pictures and aren't from Tennessee, they just surf the site to cause issues!
 maples01
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 1/11/2012 7:57:36 PM
I used to be active in many forum, the one thing constant is the number of people who's daily life revolves around stirring up crap, they must feel it an accomplishment to agitate others, the ones likely doing this are upset with the site and feel silencing communication it necessary. Look at the other states, there is little to no activity, is it due to new topic deletion, causing others to just give up?
Would be nice if the moderators would stop it by cutting the powers from those who aren't registered in our state, as what reason do they have coming here!
 maples01
Msg: 173
view profile
History
Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 3/24/2013 2:58:17 PM
My peeve is the weather, is it Spring, winter, or fall right now?
Show ALL Forums  > Tennessee  >