Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Another heart in desperate need of repair      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Another heart in desperate need of repairPage 3 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Have I had a break through? She just called me and I DID NOT PICK UP THE PHONE!
Another heart in desperate need of repair
Posted: 10/6/2008 2:39:40 PM
Thanks, I hope I can, I really want to know what she wanted. I"m sure she just wanted something from me. The real test will be when she calls back.
 exiss
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/6/2008 5:49:16 PM
Jim, no doubt she did want something, but too bad. Let the other person in her life take care of her needs. They both have made their beds, so let them lie in 'em.....
 Ron9
Msg: 54
Posted: 10/6/2008 6:34:54 PM
Good on you Jim.

It gets easier.

Mine called five times over about 7 or 8 days ...... then ....... she figure it out.

The first time - I was sitting here at my desk - 15 inches from the phone .....

The second time - I was in the front room and piddled around getting to the phone - and did not pick it up.

The other three times I was at my desk - but by then it hardest part was .............. over ....... baby.
Posted: 10/6/2008 7:56:48 PM
I am almost at the point where I don't want to hear her voice or see her, almost. I think I can hold out.
Posted: 10/7/2008 1:05:39 PM
Damn it! she called me again today, still didn't answer, boy I want to know what she wants. I guess if she wants something inportant she will drive the 9 miles to see me. She would never make the drive to see me before. Keep telling me not to answer everybody!
 exiss
Msg: 57
Posted: 10/7/2008 6:34:29 PM
Jim, you can't be her doormat unless you lie down first! Change that phone number!!!
Posted: 10/9/2008 6:08:18 PM
She is still calling, almost picked up today but walked away. If it was improtant she could drive here to see me. She only tries once a day, she has COMPANY after that.
 ladyc4
Msg: 59
Posted: 10/9/2008 6:12:46 PM

she could drive here to see me.

And if she DOES turn up on your doorstep, you are just on your way out the door to a meeting, to visit a sick relative, a date, whatever. Don't get sucked into whatever it is she's playing at.
Cindy O
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 60
Posted: 10/9/2008 6:20:14 PM
Look, Jim I hadn't noted your thread before, but I have read it now...

Be proud.
Be strong.
Know that you are doing the right thing and the best thing for your heart and the hurt you felt when you wrote this post to begin with.

She wants to use you.

Do not respond.

This isn't love based in pureness.

So let her go.
And don't answer.

Here's a helpful tip - unplug all the phones from the wall jacks.
No answering machine or anything.
The endless ringing after 3-4 days will get your point across to her.

Be well!
Posted: 10/10/2008 11:41:39 AM
Hope I can be that strong today when she calls, I really want to talk to her but when I do I think it sets me back, a lot.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 62
Posted: 10/10/2008 11:52:19 AM

How does a person get over a love like we HAD and I remember and move on. I don't have many friends to talk to about it.

~OP~ I tend to be a "suffer in silence" type. I internalize, evaluate, grieve and then move on when I'm ready. It was a very foreign concept to discuss my heartbreaks with anyone. I'd just plaster the smile on my face and pretend to the outter world it was all OK. Fast forward, enter POF. I met the most wonderful women here. I found myself exceptionally close to one ~ who is truly my life-saver most days. I learned then that we do, at times NEED someone. It's OK to need someone, although I wouldn't have stated that 4 years ago. When I started letting some of the burden land outside of my own self and onto her shoulders, I was amazed at how much the hurt lessened. As time went on, I realized something vital. It wasn't that I didn't have friends to tell, I chose not to tell. That is no longer. And, I've moved on finally. I learned to talk to "him" about my fears, past failures, paramount heartbreaks, etc. First you need to avoid her calls at the present time. It's not always healthy to hear from someone you are hurting over or grieving. That can come later. Take someone up on the offer of an ear or even an eye (as is quite often offered here on POF.) Do a BUNCH of self-re-invention and pretty soon you will heal. When the time comes, don't repeat your past, build the future. Good luck to ya.

PS: My step-father and mother were together 24 years. He didn't want the split, and he sooooo suffered. They were never legally married. He finally, at age 55, married for the first time. I think he's a good example of the human condition. He believes in love ~ and he's a wonderful example of healing and moving on.
Posted: 10/10/2008 1:03:09 PM
I am so amazed at how EVERYBODY has such great advice on this fourm. I am trying to follow all of it, but I can be weak when it comes to her. So far so good. Thanks everybody.
 exiss
Msg: 64
Posted: 10/15/2008 3:51:26 AM
Give us an update Jim, how's it going?
Posted: 10/16/2008 1:19:32 PM
I guess I haven't posted because I am a little embarrassed that I can't seem to get over it. Not feeling too good.

When I have something to do I feel better it really helps. But it is hard to keep real busy. I have been cutting and spliting firewood. My friend took me to a fall festival with 50,000 people there. And later that night he talked me into going to a strip club. That was alright until I ran out of $1's, LOL. It really was a hoot though. Out of the eight girls one was 6 months pregnant and fell down, four were too large to be stripping and the other four were so-so. Don't care to do that again. But as soon as I don't have anything to do I start thinging about her again.

Ran into to her yesterday at the grocery store, in was walking in, she was walking out. Said she has been trying to call me and she would call that night. I answered this time, she didn't really want anything just said to see how we (me and dogs) were doing. She did mention needing her gas tank and would come down and get it some night. It is making me feel really anxious and nervous inside, coughing my brains out lately.

I feel OK until I see her, her car, his car. Then I seen mud on the side of her car so she is driving up a mud dirt road he lives on to see him (she told me that). Could never get her to drive 10 minutes to see me on pavement. Oh I forgot I have a CAT. They seem to just about living together. It still hurts bad that she is spending so much time with him and going out of her way to be with him. She never seemed to do that for me. I think that is the worse for me and I am not getting over it.

"Perhapsnow" sent me a great quote that has helped me a lot.

"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned-so as to have the life that is waiting for us".

That rings so true for me. From the first time I kissed her I was planning our future. From that point on I was done looking, I had found the one I would give my life for. I never imagined a life without her after that first kiss. I was planning on forever. Now what is waiting for me, nothing.

So you see, I don't feel any different then when I first posted. I feel that I have let you all down. All I can say is I am still trying and crying.
Posted: 10/16/2008 2:30:10 PM
I never want to feel this ever again. But yet I have so much to give.
Posted: 10/16/2008 2:37:42 PM
"I swear next time I'll hang on for dear life if love ever gives me another try"
 ladyc4
Msg: 68
Posted: 10/17/2008 10:35:55 AM
Jim,dealing with this kind of heartbreak very often IS one step forward and 2 steps back for awhile. And the only way you could totally avoid running into her would be relocation,so you are gonna have to deal with it.
Your description of the strip club visit is hilarious!
Cindy O
 italian_princess71
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2008 11:04:26 AM
I just read what you posted and just wanted to praise you for the kindness you showed, feels good to know there are ppl like you out here i been reading alot of forums and some ppl get really rude and like you said it , the truth is we write in these forums for a reason to get help, get things off our chests, feel better ect not to get attacked but what the person wrote. thanks for being a kind person.
Posted: 10/18/2008 12:26:22 PM
I have to tell you that I found something else today that will take you mind off the ex for a little while. When the Corvette's Heads Up Display speedometer is reading triple digits on a two lane country road that is a great feeling. Not thinking of her at all and I just seen her.
 ladyc4
Msg: 71
Posted: 10/19/2008 2:55:03 PM
Jim
we all love a a fast car,but please be careful about "self medicating " with adrenalin. We none of us want to hear about the FD having to pick you up with a stick and a spoon.
Cindy O
 exiss
Msg: 72
Posted: 10/19/2008 6:16:06 PM

I have to tell you that I found something else today that will take you mind off the ex for a little while. When the Corvette's Heads Up Display speedometer is reading triple digits on a two lane country road that is a great feeling

Jim, I know the feeling, when I found out my ex was had some "side interests" I used to zip around in my 911, triple digits in those type of cars is pretty much like 60 in a regular box. Of course, be careful! Distractions are a good thing.
Posted: 10/21/2008 3:45:14 PM
Help me! She wants me to go with her tomorrow to pick out the correct tires for her car. Her new boyfriend knows nothing about cars (idot). I told her I had a appointment and didn't have time. But I do have the time to do it after my appointment. I want to soooo bad just to be with her and talk to her. PLEASE STOP ME SOMEONE I CAN NOT DO THIS!
 ladyc4
Msg: 74
Posted: 10/21/2008 4:11:48 PM
There are employees at the tire store who can help her pick out the correct tires for her car. Does the car have an owners manual? It should have recommendations in it. Unless she's driven the tires until you can see the AIR thru the sidewalls, the size and brand name can be read right on the tires. It ain't rocket science.
Man, are you that dumb? She is trying to have her cake and eat it too, have both the guy she WANTS to be with, and one who can make her life easier. She's trying to get you rehooked. Don't fall for it.
Cindy O
Posted: 10/21/2008 6:25:33 PM
I know I can't go with her, it is just torture on me thinking about it.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Another heart in desperate need of repair