Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Another heart in desperate need of repair      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Another heart in desperate need of repairPage 8 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Should have stuck to the orignal plan, no contact don't answer the phone. Everyone on this fourm was right. Just a moment of weakness and loneliness. Doctor gave me some happy pills maybe start taking them....not going there yet.
Another heart in desperate need of repair
Posted: 10/25/2008 8:48:44 PM
I am just going to get over it! I need to move on. Time to man up.
 exiss
Msg: 79
Posted: 10/26/2008 5:06:33 AM
Jim, I guess at some point in time you just have to. I once felt the same towards someone as you did to her, but like in your case, she chose a different path. Somewhat different circumstances and even tho I would have done anything to go on with the relationship, I knew deep down that I would never be able to totally trust her, and would always be waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Perhaps that is the bottom line....
The term "move on" is somewhat interesting, and the common thread in the relationships i've been in, is that they all have moved on..... some before ours was finished, others shortly after. In that connotation moved on meant finding someone else.
In my case it meant giving my head a shake and trying to find acceptance.....
Posted: 10/29/2008 11:55:40 AM
Just had to write and tell everyone that I feel great today. Thinking of her is not bothering me at all. I don't know what gives. Nothing has changed, I haven't see or heard from her in almost two weeks. But I am finally getting some stuff done.
I sure hopes this lasts. Have I turned a corner or when I run into her will I crash again?
 ladyc4
Msg: 81
Posted: 10/29/2008 12:01:25 PM
Jim, it's hard to say what will happen when you run into her, but if you live in a small town, you KNOW that's gonna happen, so just keep telling yourself "she chose another man over me,and being her "back up guy" is just stupid."
Cindy O
 A REAL ROMEO
Msg: 82
Posted: 1/9/2011 6:34:46 PM
Yeah, it's like this one woman I met online. I was thrilled but just not convienientloy available to get to her location to meet her... So I spend the next couple years in reclusion, just flirting online but not really putting forth any real effort to meet anyone. She gave me hope that I had found my one and omly, then she just went POOF! Gone from existance....
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Another heart in desperate need of repair