Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Loose_end
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Do Women go for submissive men?Page 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

men seem to be able to do that.. in an argument they have their ways of making it worse without even friggin arguing!

Women have their own evil methods, much worse than any Man would attempt.

Withholding sex being the most lethal weapon

/sad
 *rem*
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Do Women go for submissive men?
Posted: 4/21/2012 2:16:14 PM

I dont want a lap dog in my life but I do like a subserviant man in the bedroom.one that jumps through hoops for me to have sex with him.I of course like a man that knows how to please a woman.Too many men only know how to just please themselves...I like to give my kisses to a man that deserves them.Too many women give themselves up to undeserving men too readily these days...

Jump through hoops? Firstly if you arent as willing as i am then you can forget it. Second have you considered that if you're crap in bed a man can save himself a lot of time and effort just pleasing himself. Good sex usually means more sex so if its not very good look in the mirror.
 Broken Meat
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2012 10:21:51 PM

I like to please a woman and pamper her, but at what stage do women think that it borders on submissivness or just the willingness to please?

Women being individuals (just as men) there is no definitive answer

It all really comes down to compatability.
 bootielicious
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2012 9:26:51 AM
Some good points made on here. I think a man who is aware and able is far better than a man who gives you 'nice' things repeatedly that mean nothing. Perhaps responding to a problem, helping without needing to be asked and having listened and reacted in a positive way would be far better.

I also think it's nice to give each other time, without cramping each other, allowing each other to be independent so they don't lose their identity, but still working as a team when necessary and appreciating who you are, without trying or wanting to change you, but accepting your differences.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2012 10:24:45 AM
Mazeyh - couldn't have said it better myself - so I wont try
 jaqi
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2012 6:12:43 AM
dominant for me please as I like to be ragged about and controlled ~only in the bedroom of course~ if I am with someone who is not assertive then my nature is to just take over :)

submissive men can take their submissivenesss elsewhere, ~she cringes~
 ControlledFolly
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2012 12:21:37 PM
^^^^^ but what if you dont stop being bossy after hes asked you to? In my experience bossy women prefer to give you a two fingered salute which leaves me no option but to do the same to the relationship. So is my response submissive, assertive or getting away from a control freak?

Why cant people just be laid back, live and let live and dispense with the mind games and power struggles? No wonder there is still a massive gender divide.
 ControlledFolly
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2012 12:38:47 PM
So why be bossy? if you are not fighting in a power struggle, or defending yourself, or playing mindgames why on earth would you do it?

I really cannot see the point... not having a pop kags but the whole concept is preposterous if being bossy for no apparent reason is valid.

So why choose to be bossy over being tolerant?
 jaqi
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2012 1:28:46 PM

Why cant people just be laid back, live and let live and dispense with the mind games and power struggles? No wonder there is still a massive gender divide.

I am one of the most laid back women ever ... liking a dominant man in the bedroom doesn't have anything to do with mind games or power struggle ... it's more playing fun games.

Being bossy doesn't come in to the equation either... I think that must have been a badly chosen word, being assertive is nothing like being bossy but may be intrepetated as such if directed at a less assertive or submissive person. It is all about how the other person perceives it to be!
 *rem*
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2012 3:42:48 PM

I really cannot see the point... not having a pop kags but the whole concept is preposterous if being bossy for no apparent reason is valid.

So why choose to be bossy over being tolerant?

Yep ridiculous but goes hand in hand with what i said on the rape thread. Some women just don't know when to stop and when things get out of hand they play the petit demure victim.
Notice all the racism on the tube videos doing the rounds on youtube? Always some gobby woman who cant hold her drink who then cries that it was all a misunderstanding, or they aren't responsible for their actions due to impairment. Pretty much like those who get themselves into bother on the forums then go running to the mods reporting the person who gave as good as they got.
If you need to be bossed around to stop you from bossing someone around then you have a real problem that needs evaluating.
 *rem*
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2012 4:24:01 PM
I can be a bossy cow sometimes simply because I have become set in my ways and I have to have someone as forthright as myself when in a relationship simply to keep me on an even keel and to remind me that it isnt just my way that is the best way.

Never? Keep me on an even keel? Remind me that its not just my way is the best way? It comes as no shock there are so many women admitting this when its not even an issue to most men.
If a man is submissive then you don't even need to be bossy to get a result. Seems to me that if there is an opportunity to bully their partner there are a lot of women who would jump at the chance because its just part of their makeup.
If you have to be bossy then your powers of persuasion are poor.
 *rem*
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2012 5:09:03 PM

If you wish to cherry pick without reading the reasons behind why a lot of people, including myself, who have lived on their own can be bossy then i can't be bothered to point it out again.
I don't do "powers of persuation". Im honest and truthful. Attempting to persuade people over petty things such as what i want to do Saturday night doesn't interest me. Either you do something you both want to do or do your own thing.

In order to get to the cherries I had to read the rest. I didn't say you needed keeping on an even keel, you did.
So where does being bossy become valid for you then?
My stance is i dont need to boss anyone into anything.. even in a work situation because i can lead by example rather than throwing my weight around. As for Saturday night entertainment, maybe a little give and take might be the order of the day/weekend.. Alternatively you can strop and do your own thing.
Anyone can be honest and truthful. Whats that got to do with being bossy? People scold children for being bossy because its selfish and unsociable. If you see it as an asset or an acceptable part of your personality then fair play to you.
 Jo van
Msg: 125
Posted: 5/4/2012 4:48:34 AM
See..? This is one of the reasons I decided to 'retire' from 'relationships!

I rather suspect that there's several women here, who fantasize about a "submissive" Brad Pitt, George Clooney, or Johnny Depp, and they'd be more than happy with that.

Similarly, lots of ostensibly "dominant" men, would be happy to be "bossed around" by Sharon Stone, Katherine Jenkins, or Kylie Minogue

The problem with relationships, is that there are two people, with entirely different wants/needs and tastes.

When you're in a relationship, invariably neither gets their way, and you compromise by doing something that neither really 'wants', but at least it's a solution. All relationships have to involve compromise. (Unless you're one of those strange couples who dress alike)

I'm glad I don't have to watch "Holby City" anymore, or pretend to have any interest in choosing fabrics.
Admittedly, this means a lot of sitting on one hand, but at least I don't have to be "grateful", to anyone but myself.

*rem*
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2012 2:57:12 PM

Different strokes for different folk... make of that what you will, sadly I don't have the time to run rings round that statement.

Misandry at its finest.
 Here4ForumsOnly
Msg: 133
Posted: 3/3/2013 3:21:02 PM
"If momma ain't happy, no one is happy."

Women want CONTROL, but that it also appears- to the casual observer- that her gentleman is in charge.

"The one with the **** makes the rules."

He is ALWAYS submissive to her but a LION as far as socio-economic proclivities.
 icarusi
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2013 4:41:32 PM
Many women like to 'top' from the 'bottom', ie. they want to be in charge without it seeming to be that way. So they'd like an assertive mind reader to compel them to do, what they wanted to do all along, and surprise them with things they like, even if they don't know they'll like it. TBF I'm ok with that. Anything to avoid an argument.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2013 2:06:56 AM
I think that many women prefer a guy who they feel smarter than so even though it appears the guy is getting his own way,in fact it is her who is manipulating her way by stealth.
I would hate to be a doormat and I would equally hate having a partner who would allow me to have my own way all of the time.
Where is the mutual respect in that?
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2013 2:14:57 AM

I would hate to be a doormat and I would equally hate having a partner who would allow me to have my own way all of the time.
Where is the mutual respect in that?

Wouldn't work for me either, I much prefer a dynamic relationship with both equally involved in all aspects.

Not much one for traditional gender roles either though I do love to cook for my man (when I have one haha!) but I like that to be reciprocated.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2013 2:28:13 AM

Wouldn't work for me either, I much prefer a dynamic relationship with both equally involed in all aspects.

I have walked away from possible relationships because I know that they are too submissive. Such a relationship would test my basic ideal of what a relationship should be and bring out the very worst of my selfish side. I could never fully respect a partner with such little self respect or lack of conviction.
But I do enjoy nurturing and encouraging self respect and conviction in a partner who has lost some of it along the way.
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2013 2:35:45 AM
Ooooh, i quite like the idea of a woman walking all over me ?....

as long as she washes her feet first like ! :O)
 Jo van
Msg: 143
Posted: 3/4/2013 2:44:21 PM
Of course women will "go for" submissive men, they can smell the fear*, you see.
It's the same with Rotweilers (sp?), and probably stoats.
They will go for the throat, it's only natural.
(Or is that rats.>?)

Never let them see you're afraid, is the key thing.

What they really want is subversive men, and probably submariners too...?
It's probably Freudian, or something...

(* Especially if the fear has caused you to 'follow-through' [Med. Term])
 Here4ForumsOnly
Msg: 148
Posted: 3/26/2013 5:34:53 AM
BOTH - ALL WOMEN DESIRE BOTH!

She wants an ALPHA MAN in the workforce, in VANILLA social settings & in chores, around the home, ALL WOMEN WANT AN ALPHA MALE.

But regarding sexuality, at times she wants ALPHA, but she ALSO wants a truly submissive man when she wants submissive.

She's MOODY...

So, she wants BOTH!
 AthenaMarina
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2013 10:35:26 AM
"Judging from the responses of most of the women on here, that caring sharing sensitive emotionally open metro sexual man should stay on the pages of a glossy coffee table magazine...."

Not for me, I LOVE caring sensitive emotionally open men & he can be a bit metrosexual.

And pampering? Yes please!

I want him to feel happy too though & that he can tactfully speak his mind with me.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >