Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Co - Worker Caught BF "Wrestling" With her Mom. Should she be worried      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OneMoreTimeWithFeeling
Msg: 17
Co - Worker Caught BF Wrestling With her Mom. Should she be worried about more? Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
When did this scenario take place. This sounds like last night's Gossip Girl.
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 18
Co - Worker Caught BF Wrestling With her Mom. Should she be worried about more?
Posted: 9/23/2008 4:51:18 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh NO FREAKING WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So being being curious, she pushed the door open and found her bf "wrestling" with her mom in the mom's bed. She said that they both looked shocked. The mom said that they were just having some fun and for her to "lighten up." Then her bf said that they were just playing and that he was in the room with the mom because he was looking for her. LOL. Then he told her that all guys have wrestled with their gf's mom once in their life.

This is so FREAKING heinous I cannot stand it!!!!!!!

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!

Right.
Swamp land anyone?
 OneMoreTimeWithFeeling
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/23/2008 6:41:47 PM

I'd be far more pissed off at my Mother than the guy. He's a pig, but how do you handle your own mom being a skank?

Wishes Granted
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2008 8:41:49 AM
^^^^^ ^^^^^^^

Funny yet Sad.
 palmer f
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2008 9:35:36 AM
Here's some more background the family situation that I was able to coax out of her.

Her Mom had her when she was 14 . She and the dad satyed together until the were in the late teens. Her mom told her that her dad just up and left and that she had all but raise her alone.
So I'm guessing that the mom feels that she missed out on her youth because she had to raise a small child all alone. But back to more of the background.

The daughter said that her mom always wanted to hangout with her friends when she had sleepovers and stuff like that. Then she said that her mom always use to wear skimpy clothes when she had any guy friends over at the house. So got so tired of them looking at her mom that she stop bring them home.

Going to get some more info from her. I bet there is a lot more that she's just willing to say just yet.
 palmer f
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2008 9:43:40 AM
Response to Message 25

I'm not actually all that worked up about it to be honest. She wanted some advice and I gave it to her. It's just that simple. But I also posted it to let her see what other ppl thought of it, especially other older women with children. Don't have any kids so I don't know about all of that. LOL. I'm a good listener and I do find that by listening and observing, you can find out a lot about ppl.
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2008 10:06:13 AM
Your friend should tell her mother to lay off the "special" interaction with her boyfriend, and then introduce Mom to POF... Kheeeerist.. there's enough youngons on here that would be willing to wrestler with her without her having to entice her daughter's guy.. Mom's dysfunctional.. she'll have a tag-team going in no time here on POF.
 palmer f
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2008 10:12:49 AM
Response to Angel Eyes

I have actaully been on her for a while, but don't feel a need to post or troll. Trolling is boring to me. I actually enjoy reading the forums. I believe what she is saying is real. I've seen some pretty wild stuff in my short life and if I hadn't seen some of it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believe it either.

She's a sweet girl. Shy and booksmart. But she's not what you would call streetsmart. I just hate to see someone getting worked over.
 sleepsafe
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/24/2008 2:24:14 PM
This thread is useless without pictures.......GF and mother
 palmer f
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2008 8:13:44 AM
Beartheart UK said,

Maybe she should hook up with you because you're the only one who seems concerned about her welfare.

She's a beautiful girl, don't get me wrong, but she has too much going on in her life with her mom and that to me is too much drama. I care, but not to that extent. I would rather not have to deal with a nutjob of a mom on a daily basis. I'm just not interested in her. Besides, no woman is worth that much hassle. Well not for long that is.

Bearheart UK said,

This lady should ditch her mum because she's obviously flirting and sending out the signals.

I also suggested that she give her mom the boot or atleast have less contact with her. She said that she would feel really guilty because it has always been just "her and her mom." She also said that her mom taught her that it is a daughter's "duty" to be loyal to their mom above all else.

I don't get that either. Are women that tied into their moms? I've know that there is a love hate relationship between them at times, but is that really true. Do moms really expect that type of loyalty from their daughters?
 palmer f
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2008 10:51:13 AM
She said she talked the BF and her Mom yesterday. The Bf said that he' sorry that she has issues with her mom, but he was just having some fun. He told her to either get "over it or he's going to leave." Her mom told her that the person she should be mad with is herself for thinking poorly about the "2 ppl she claims to love."

Mom's a piece of work and so is the Bf. I told her that she should start thinking about herself and get some female friends besides her Mom to hangout with. She's worried about losing the "2 most important ppl in her life. "

I told her that they are selfish and could really care less as to how she feels. But she keeps defending their actions anyway. I wouldn't really say defending, but more like making excuses for them. Wow, I'm trying to hold on and help her, but this is starting to annoy me and I don't want to be mean hurt her feelings.
 ChocolateNutt
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/25/2008 11:34:41 AM

The Bf said that he' sorry that she has issues with her mom, but he was just having some fun. He told her to either get "over it or he's going to leave."

Why would she want a guy who's going to be wrestling with her Mom. He's no big loss, dear.

Nutt
 palmer f
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2008 12:03:02 PM
Navigator 6 said,

WOW, dysfunctional manipulation! Is this girl in therapy? If not, she SHOULD be, because to even consider ANYTHING that the mother & BF told her as being acceptable, would indicate to me that the whole lot of them need professional help. This is just NOT normal. I can only assume that the mother has been this "screwy" all of her life so, it's probable that the girl is emotionally damaged already.

No, she's not in therapy as far as I know. But I'll pass your suggestion along to her. But I do think from what she has said about her Mom, I believe she has issues that are beyond out there. She keeps saying that she feels like she's "letting down her Mom." I asked her what she meant by that and she said that she should have more "faith in her Mom." WTF? Unconditional Love I guess.
 ChocolateNutt
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/25/2008 2:06:38 PM
Why are you going back and forth with this woman? Seems like this has gone beyond a question about appropriate behaviour you're not familiar with and turned into entertainment for you. Not nice.

letting her mom down? Is she to go out finding boys that attract her and bring them home for mom to bang? Yikes!
 Amma63
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/25/2008 8:42:59 PM
No boyfriend of mine EVER 'wrestled' with my Mom...........(although I have an es-husband that she enjoyed verbal sparring with...............)

I've never 'wrestled' with any boyfriend of my oldest Daughter............

2 + 2 is so NOT coming out to 4 here.........................
 palmer f
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2008 9:09:15 PM
ChocolateNutt said,

Seems like this has gone beyond a question about appropriate behaviour you're not familiar with and turned into entertainment for you. Not nice.

Actually it's not entertaining for me. I feel sorry for her and I thought she just need someone to help out with some advice and I gave mine and some of the advice on here as well. I never like to see a woman close to tears talking about her problems. A weakness of mine for sure.

I have actually sat and let her go on about all of this stuff and it does seems like it has helped her. But Navigator 6 is right when he suggested a she see a therapist. I think it would do her and her mom some good in the long run.

Fleur_de_Lis said,

She needs to get out of victim mode and work on her self esteem. When her bf threatened to leave she should have showed him the door. They're going to keep treating her like a doormat until she stops letting them.

That's what I was thinking as well. As far as the self esteem, I think her Mom has done a great job of destroying that.

But she did tell me that the bf is a little jealous when it comes to her. She told me of one incident where she and he was in a grocery store and he said a guy was looking at her "too long," so he got into the guy's face and was ready to fight with him.
 palmer f
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2008 8:35:25 AM
Navigator 6 said,

Hey palmer f, you seem like a caring kind of guy - why don't YOU ask her out!?

She's pretty and she will make someone a good gf once she gets gerself all together, but that person is difently not me. I couldn't and don't want to handle all of the drama that her life and mom will bring. I rather like my life drama free like it is now.

Yeah, the BF has classic symptoms of insecurity & self-esteem issues. I know, because a long time ago, I was that way. Although, I never physically confronted anyone for looking, but it made me extremely uncomfortable. NOW, I actually find it kind of flattering - kind of a compliment. No big deal - I just smile about it.

Well I have never cared if guys looked at my Gf. But I know a lot of guys would worry if no one wanted to look. LOL.
 Miss W
Msg: 34
Posted: 9/26/2008 12:47:46 PM

I'd be looking for a new boyfriend and the MOM wouldn't get an introduction!

As would I. There are some women insecure enough to see their daughters as "competition" and have to have all the attention.
 ChocolateNutt
Msg: 35
Posted: 9/29/2008 11:07:15 AM

I love when ppl says that and the go ahead and post the opinion anyways. Seems pointless to me. If you think it's not real then skip by it. Ortherwise just post. Use common sense ladies and Gents.

Who cares what you think? Are you the forum moderator who is making the rules for the rest of us? People continue to post even if they think it's a troll post because each circumstance is happening to someone somewhere even if not to the person who posted it. It doesn't hurt to discuss any issue or opinion.

Nutt
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/1/2008 5:36:52 AM
Wrestling between grown men and grown women is almost always a subliminal (or overt) sexual situation.

The co-worker should be worried, and Mom isn't much of a mom.
 palmer f
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2008 11:19:50 AM
Sorry I haven't updated this. I've been busy working and with life. LOL.

But here's an update on the situation.

I didn't know how old the guy was she told me about him and her mom "wrestling. I thought he was along her age which she is 26. But she told me that the guy is about 35 and unemployed. I asked her why he was unemployed, she said that he got into an accident when someone side swiped him while he was driving his harley. So now he's just waiting on when his Insurance settlement comes in.

She said that it still bothers her when she sees him and her mother laughing at things she think aren't funny. She asked them what they are laughing at and they her that she wouldn't get it and then look at each other and laugh. I told her that is rude and if I was her, I wouldn't put up with that kind of crap for sure.
 TheyCallMeMrAwesome
Msg: 38
Posted: 10/10/2008 12:00:07 PM
Do me a favor, TELL her what I said,. word for freakin word, dump his ass, kick him to the curb or just beat the shit out of him. whatever, next, disown your mom, disown your mom, disown your mom. Move out, get your OWN place, and start a new life. SEEK HELP! and for the love of GOD and all that is holy, take a break from dating and don't speak to him or your mom for at LEAST 6 months. This man is 35 ****ing years old, I don't care if he got hurt or not, karma is a ****, and it is going to bite both of them in the ass.

Lets recap

mom-disown

bf-kick his ass/dump him

coworker-seek help and therapy, don't be ANYBODY's doormat.

Jerry Springer/Maury- call them and bring these two jerks on the show, and talk to Dr. Phil while you can
 palmer f
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2008 12:51:05 PM
The Nightmare Hunter said,

Do me a favor, TELL her what I said,. word for freakin word, dump his ass, kick him to the curb or just beat the shit out of him. whatever, next, disown your mom, disown your mom, disown your mom. Move out, get your OWN place, and start a new life. SEEK HELP! and for the love of GOD and all that is holy, take a break from dating and don't speak to him or your mom for at LEAST 6 months. This man is 35 ****ing years old, I don't care if he got hurt or not, karma is a ****, and it is going to bite both of them in the ass.

I'll pass that thought along to her. Oh I want to say I meant riding his harley, not driving it. LOL. I have told her that she is too young and has her whole life ahead of her. And this guy is too old to be "Wrestling" with your mom.
 bcsofnc57
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/13/2008 8:09:10 AM
There isn't anything normal about what happened between her boyfriend and her mom. Sure they were playing, but what game where they playing?
 pearlj
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/27/2008 9:51:45 PM
Uh yeah, If my Mom and a BF did that I'd dump him and open a can of whoop a$$ on her lmao!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Co - Worker Caught BF "Wrestling" With her Mom. Should she be worried about more?