Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would you marry a bisexual woman/man?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lucky_sevans
Msg: 251
view profile
History
Would you marry a bisexual woman/man?Page 11 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
So here's the thing...

I have historically always had more women than men friends. When I get into a relationship with a woman this can sometimes cause trouble. One of the first things I do is introduce them: because I have great appreciation for woman's intuition and I want my potential to see[feel] for themselves that they are truly friends and non-threatening. Usually I will back-off my friendships a little... I dont give them up, but I dont stay all night and sleep on their couch anymore either... and I guess I back-off a little emotionally as well. I suppose this isnt so much intentional but just occurs naturally as the emotional and time bond increases with the SO.

So I don't have any problem with my SO having a boyfriend(s). On the other hand, I'm not sure if I would be ok with her staying the night over at his house after going out for drinks. But if it were after a night out with the girls - "yeah, don't drive home" . Now what if she's bi? I know that doesn't mean her friend is bi, etc... I'm just sayin' that a LTR/Marriage could have lots of complications or potential rough-spots.

Personally I would be leery.

/ thinks its a good idea though!
 quietjohn2
Msg: 252
view profile
History
Would you marry a bisexual woman/man?
Posted: 9/14/2008 10:02:52 PM
Is there an assumption in the question and many responses in the thread that a bi person would be less likely to be monogamous than a heterosexual?

Is that sexist?

Would you marry a heterosexual partner who would date other people?

Can anyone explain why the answer should be different for a bi person? Am I missing something?

Just a naive heterosexual.
 shamrockguy
Msg: 253
Posted: 9/14/2008 10:20:33 PM
Yeah, right, instead of worrying that HALF the world wants to steal my girlfriend I can start worrying that the WHOLE world wants to steal her........I think I would have to say no.
 WisewomanGoddess
Msg: 254
Posted: 9/15/2008 8:52:34 AM
Date? No. Marry? Hell, no.
 carolann0308
Msg: 255
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2008 9:05:12 AM
No, I would not date or marry a Bi-sexual. It would be like dating a vegetarian far too many fundamental differences.
Are all bi-sexuals considered meat eaters?
 TakeMeTheWayIAm
Msg: 256
Posted: 9/15/2008 10:07:43 AM
If things work out for me and my girlfriend, yes I'll end up marrying her and she's bi. You don't choose to be a particular sexual preference--your only choice is in the individual actions themselves whether to *do* something or not.

I don't fear that my gf will be attracted to some girl, I'm counting on it. And she and I will talk about her attraction, what turns her on about that other girl and then we'll fuck like rabbits afterwards. It's the best of both worlds: she's like a guy friend, comparing notes on the kinds of breasts we both like and yet she's my lover as well. As long as you're not insecure it's a perfect arrangement.
 lucky_sevans
Msg: 257
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2008 11:44:01 PM

Are all bi-sexuals considered meat eaters?

Made me laugh!

/made me think too.
 BrianN23
Msg: 258
Posted: 9/15/2008 11:53:42 PM
This isnt a topic Im gonna be kind about. I dont believe in alternative orientation and I wouldnt go near anyone in that lifestyle. People can do what they want I suppose but theres no way of denying the problems associated with it. Im really bothered by how some men can figure they can swing both ways, i.e. be lovey lovey with a man and then go find a woman next week. My reason being things like the hiv virus. Its a fact that in canada the gay community carries more than 50% of it. Before anyone gets all righteous on me look it up. God intended a man and woman to be together, nothing else.
 becky1205
Msg: 259
Posted: 9/15/2008 11:59:11 PM
As a bi-sexual woman, everyone's post is making me think that marriage is out of the question for me.
I call myself bi-sexual due to the fact that I have been involved with a few women. In fact all my relationships have been with women. Is that what I want out of life, no.
It was after those relationships and dating a few men, that I have relized that I want a man. I want a husband. So for those out there that have posted they wouldn't marry a bisexual person, are you that insecure that they will leave you?
As for would I marry a bisexual man, yes. I think that sexuality is a healthy part of a relationship and if that was part of their past, great. If there are unexplored feelings, I would ask that my partner explores those feelings before marriage or even engagement. If they are ongoing feelings, I would have to second guess marriage, I know that when I get married, it will just be my partner and I.
 Dig Dirkler
Msg: 260
Posted: 9/16/2008 12:00:06 AM
I couldn't deal with it. I'd always be worried that I'd come home from work and she'd be licking the legs of the next door neighbor. lol
 Damon0028
Msg: 261
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2008 12:01:59 AM
Amen, Brian... For the record, I just can't see what one man can find to love about another one's hairy @ss!

I have a couple who are my best friends in the world, and she is bi, with a predilection toward women. Joe is fine with it, but the difference between he and I is that he can't always get it up(she told me) and I'm always ready to go, like, NOW!

I dated a bi chick for a couple of years, without realizing how big a deal, or how troublesome it could be. Her lover, Betty, looked like Broom-Hilda, and acted like a possessive man. She recently told me that it took a year and a half to get rid of her, lol... They were together for about 8 years. That was enough for me- I felt like I was being cheated on. So, the answer here is unequivocally NO! No way in hell I'd date or marry one, given that I have first-hand experience with the bullshit and knowledge of the associated emotional risks.

While we were in the drawn out process of splitting up, I would get showered and dressed to go give her what she still wanted from me, and my buddies would ask them where I was going... I would reply, "I'm going to refill Betty's feeder."

-damoN-
 Puma0622
Msg: 262
Posted: 9/16/2008 12:29:05 AM
I laugh when people immediately assume that bisexuals are more likely to cheat/"switch sides" as if it's something that can be put on and off like a jacket....
 geocacher69
Msg: 263
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2008 7:27:10 AM
As a bisexual male I get really pissed off when I tell someone whom I am in a relationship with my orientation and they immediately get insecure, thinking I'm gonna cheat or that I have an STD. It's not like that at all! I'm simply attracted to both and could love either, I don't NEED both to be satisfied!
 retired67
Msg: 264
Posted: 9/16/2008 7:32:21 AM
No way in hell!!!!!!!
 Artistee
Msg: 265
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2008 9:10:13 AM
I suppose it might work with some...but I couldn't do it...I couldn't take her seriously, and would look at it as a possible potential for threesome fun...

I don't mean to sound like a prick, but that's how I'd see it...just not marriage material...

...And if I were a woman, that's about how I'd feel about marrying a bi-man as well...I probably would paint an even more disgusting picture!

...Sorry!
 lucky_sevans
Msg: 266
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2008 12:24:36 PM

I laugh when people immediately assume that bisexuals are more likely to cheat/"switch sides" as if it's something that can be put on and off like a jacket....

I suppose it goes to the whole adage that people fear what they don't understand.

I can totally see that just a person's orientation doesn't make them automatically a nymph. I mean I like women, and if I am with a woman, I can get through my "unexplored relations" with other women... why would it be different?

But I stand by what I said earlier about long term. You wouldn't think it was a good idea if your husband stayed the night or went out drinking with another woman right? Now would it matter if said woman friend was confirmed lesbian? Me? I say "maybe"... In essence, in this context she would be no different than one of my husbands male friends.

Now I have a wife who's bisexual. I probably dont feel comfortable with any wife being in situations that could be potentially troublesome with the opposite sex... problem is, with her, everyone is the "opposite sex". I am not a jealous/possesive person by nature, and I wouldnt want my lovely wife to not "have a life" but I also wouldnt want to have that personal discomfort of that "potential" lurking around all-the-time, I mean we are talking LTR/marriage.

I cant figure out how to express this w/o infringing on "trust". I know what trust is. And I wouldnt say that a bi person is less trustworthy. What I am saying is that unless you really have an "open" relationship (I wouldnt/couldnt) you just wouldnt want to live a life where your partner was constantly in those situations as described above with your hypothetical husband.

/clear as mud huh?
 NOLA Chick
Msg: 267
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2008 12:44:45 PM
I was married to a bi-sexual man for 13 years. It wasn't his bi-sexuality that bothered me. It was him using it as an excuse for why he "had to" cheat, repeatedly. Oddly enough, he cheated with more women than men.

I don't think sexual preference has anything to do with fidelity. If a man is gonna cheat, he's gonna cheat. If he's bi-sexual, that just means there's more of a variety, but he has to be inclined to be unfaithful in the first place, regardless of the temptation.
 GothamGal
Msg: 268
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2008 12:52:03 PM
Hell no!

For me marriage means fidelity. If one's husband you KNOW want to bed men, there's no way one can count on his being faithful to you or any other woman.

In this day and age male homosexuality carries the AIDS risk with it, too -- a "present" no one should have their spouse bring home. It's an STD one cannot recover from.

Since I am not both male and female, but female only, there is no way I could keep a bisexual spouse pleased without a transgender series of operations.

A husband who wants guys? My ego just could not handle it. I wouldn't marry him in the first place. Nor date such a guy, either.
 blairskimo
Msg: 269
Posted: 9/17/2008 1:02:58 PM
Well as you may already know bisexuality has become a "trend". So you get these pathetic wannabes running around screaming "look at me im bi" and ****ing everything in site. And this is where people get the idea that all bisexuals are whores, sluts, cheaters etc. buts its not true! I mean I know there are gonna be bi's that sleep around but straight and gay people do to. It all comes down to what kind of person you are not your sexuality

Absolutley true . I have met bi / gay men and women and the majority are decent and actually upstanding people who are geniune and honest .

BUT

If some one doesnt want to marry/date one cause they have an issue with their sexuality or fears or concerns ; beating the shit out of them with passive agressive emotional and verbal barrages like your "ignorant" , and stop being so stupid and blah blah blah is just as pathetic and vile as the people who are abusive towards those that are "different" from them.

Now I am not reffering to then one I am taking this quote from . I am not reffering to any one in particular . I am just saying that when it comes to this topic EVERY ONE deserves respect .
 TrinB
Msg: 270
Posted: 9/17/2008 2:47:34 PM
um..................................................................no
 Twohawks67
Msg: 271
Posted: 10/2/2008 6:46:32 AM
no because it crosses the boundries of being true to one cheating is cheating weather it with your own sex or the other
 Rustmouse2000
Msg: 272
Posted: 10/2/2008 10:57:21 PM
Generally speaking, yes...

It does kinda depend on the person, but it wouldn't be a concern that they're going to "cheat" per se. Going into the relationship knowing that your partner has partners of both sexes, you just have to come to an understanding of what is acceptable and what isn't.

For example; If I was dating a bisexual woman - one who had to have partners of both sexes, rather than one who is content with a single partner, regardless of their gender - It would be important to discuss what kind of relationship is acceptable - would your partner be allowed to have 2 separate relationships - one with you, one with a female?

I've dated bisexual women of both types. Having a relationship with one who wished to have a single partner, though it didn't matter what gender, was pretty much the same as dating a straight woman - we were dating and that was it, though she could appreciate the female form as much as I did, which was a bonus - she never got pissed if I was looking at other women - unless I didn't point them out to her.

Dating a woman who has to have a partner of both sexes is a bit tougher, and I learned that the relationship worked out best if all parties were involved in a relationship together - which makes it tougher to find someone compatible, but better for long-term stability in the relationship. When it was two separate relationships, inevitably problems arose with the other (third) partner, because she was completely monogamous and couldn't understand why the bisexual girl wasn't.

Bisexual guys tend to be a different story (though I've never dated guys) - they tend to be far less monogamous and more likely to have multiple partners - causing all sorts of problems with relationships. I wouldn't recommend marrying a bisexual man.
 The_Bachelor63
Msg: 273
Posted: 10/5/2008 10:36:18 AM
I am a one woman man,but
i would marry a bisexual woman,
if i fell in love with one, and as love as she only
had feelings for one individule that she really cared about
i could except that.
 SirPaladin
Msg: 274
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2008 12:50:01 AM
Absolutely I would. In fact, that's what I'm looking for. To dismiss it as simply a fantasy belittles the fact that there are people out there that believe in polyamory, the ability to truly LOVE more than one person. This does not make them perverts. On the contrary, they are pragmatic. Some studies show that more that 80% of men cheat in relationships define as being 'monogamous' while over 70% of 'monogamous' women cheat. That can be lethal. I would rather know if my wife was attracted or loved another person, and rather than try to futily control her to deny her feelings, BECAUSE I loved her, I would rather free her to explore her feelings. Some would argue that would open up the possibility that she would find herself loving another more than me (whether that someone else was male or female). But if I truly loved her, why would I want to prevent her from being with whom she would be happiest? If someone else would make her happier than I could, I would want her to be with them instead of me. The best that I could do is give her every reason to prefer me over all others. Therefore, I should have no fear of her loving another, whether male or female, and I would hope she would want the same for me. Personally, I know that I would LOVE more than one person (women only for me since I'm not bisexual). So, rather than trying to pretend that that is not the case, why not be honest with each other, and create a situation where people are not likely to 'cheat.' Besides, if my wife had a "sister-wife," then she would have additional emotional support to supplement me. Of course, it takes a high level of self-confidence to pursue this kind of polyamourous relationship, but then again, that's not a problem for me. Ladies, if any of this sounds like something you would be interest in exploring, please contact me. :)
 SomeoneLoveYou
Msg: 275
Posted: 10/7/2008 1:12:01 AM
Genral speaking,
MAN would love to marry bi
Woman dont like to..

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would you marry a bisexual woman/man?