Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 questing41
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Would you marry a bisexual woman/man?Page 12 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
blah, that's not quite right. (referring to my above)

The sex of a person in a completely exclusive (mind, body, spirit) relationship can be important... but in that case they're not really hetero, homo, or bi.

And certainly in such a relationship you can love others in a different fashion, parents, pets, etc.

But to uhm, get back to the main point :p A bisexual is no more unable to be monogamous than a heterosexual.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Would you marry a bisexual woman/man?
Posted: 9/12/2006 2:09:38 PM
If the woman was responsible of course, but a man would always be out of the question. would you marry a hobbit if it had enough money to burn a wet mule?
 Robbbyg
Msg: 102
Posted: 9/12/2006 9:29:54 PM
I am interested in BI women and i have always wanted to have 2 or 3 in a fulltime relationship, because sometimes one woman just isnt enough
 firstladyiam
Msg: 112
Posted: 9/13/2006 9:28:34 AM
I'm with you, lonertx63 - I'd say "bye" as well............................
 t-gurl
Msg: 113
Posted: 9/13/2006 3:52:56 PM
Well, looks like I came into this at the end but who cares? The funny thing is that both of the major posters on this page (or the last page if I didn't count right) are correct and actually arguing the same thing.

First off, it's been said many times in this thread but I'll say it again. Straight, bi, gay and lesbians can ALL be monogamous. Just as they can ALL be promiscuous and cheat. So there is no point in thinking that a bisexual is going to automatically look outside the marriage. Just as there is no point in thinking that a heterosexual is automatically going to be faithful.

Completekaos stated her preference. And that's fine for her. She can marry whoever she wants.
Gay men are not considered closeminded for not wanting to marry a woman
Lesbians are not considered closeminded for not wanting to marry a man
Straight people are not considered closeminded for not wanting to marry the same sex

Closemindedness comes into play in not allowing others to make their own choices or for berating them or humiliating them for those choices.
 Timbucktwo_
Msg: 117
Posted: 9/13/2006 4:39:36 PM
I like chocolate cake.
 t-gurl
Msg: 121
Posted: 9/13/2006 5:03:08 PM
^^^^^^ and that right there is the perfect answer
 Ready2Mingle2007
Msg: 128
Posted: 8/6/2007 10:14:59 PM
There is no way I would marry a bisexual woman. Then again, I probably would not marry any person regardless of orientation or gender.

It seems to me though that I would not even have a serious relationship with a bisexual because bisexuality and monogamy are at odds. If a woman was with me then her need of being with a woman would never be satisfied. I cannot even come close to meeting her need for women, so I would not even try. I think bisexuals are more for weekend flings than anything serious.
 chickalina
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2008 4:38:09 PM
For one thing you cannot make a person become gay or straight. They are what they are and no one is going to change them. You must have some interest in finding out if you asked the question. If you are straight and thinking of being with a woman don't worry she is not ghoing to change you. It is just probably something you have been thinking about hence the question. No I personally would not because I would wonder if I was the front guy and who was the back guy.
 music_fan
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2008 9:00:13 PM
Tough question to answer but I'll try my best.

I would marry a bi girl if we both love each other and if she can be monogamous, I don't like sharing my girl, when I'm married, she should be with me only, no girls (other than friends).
 lucky_sevans
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2008 9:33:01 PM
So here's the thing...

I have historically always had more women than men friends. When I get into a relationship with a woman this can sometimes cause trouble. One of the first things I do is introduce them: because I have great appreciation for woman's intuition and I want my potential to see[feel] for themselves that they are truly friends and non-threatening. Usually I will back-off my friendships a little... I dont give them up, but I dont stay all night and sleep on their couch anymore either... and I guess I back-off a little emotionally as well. I suppose this isnt so much intentional but just occurs naturally as the emotional and time bond increases with the SO.

So I don't have any problem with my SO having a boyfriend(s). On the other hand, I'm not sure if I would be ok with her staying the night over at his house after going out for drinks. But if it were after a night out with the girls - "yeah, don't drive home" . Now what if she's bi? I know that doesn't mean her friend is bi, etc... I'm just sayin' that a LTR/Marriage could have lots of complications or potential rough-spots.

Personally I would be leery.

/ thinks its a good idea though!
 shamrockguy
Msg: 156
Posted: 9/14/2008 10:20:33 PM
Yeah, right, instead of worrying that HALF the world wants to steal my girlfriend I can start worrying that the WHOLE world wants to steal her........I think I would have to say no.
 lucky_sevans
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2008 11:44:01 PM

Are all bi-sexuals considered meat eaters?

Made me laugh!

/made me think too.
 lucky_sevans
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2008 12:24:36 PM

I laugh when people immediately assume that bisexuals are more likely to cheat/"switch sides" as if it's something that can be put on and off like a jacket....

I suppose it goes to the whole adage that people fear what they don't understand.

I can totally see that just a person's orientation doesn't make them automatically a nymph. I mean I like women, and if I am with a woman, I can get through my "unexplored relations" with other women... why would it be different?

But I stand by what I said earlier about long term. You wouldn't think it was a good idea if your husband stayed the night or went out drinking with another woman right? Now would it matter if said woman friend was confirmed lesbian? Me? I say "maybe"... In essence, in this context she would be no different than one of my husbands male friends.

Now I have a wife who's bisexual. I probably dont feel comfortable with any wife being in situations that could be potentially troublesome with the opposite sex... problem is, with her, everyone is the "opposite sex". I am not a jealous/possesive person by nature, and I wouldnt want my lovely wife to not "have a life" but I also wouldnt want to have that personal discomfort of that "potential" lurking around all-the-time, I mean we are talking LTR/marriage.

I cant figure out how to express this w/o infringing on "trust". I know what trust is. And I wouldnt say that a bi person is less trustworthy. What I am saying is that unless you really have an "open" relationship (I wouldnt/couldnt) you just wouldnt want to live a life where your partner was constantly in those situations as described above with your hypothetical husband.

/clear as mud huh?
 Drobot
Msg: 180
Posted: 10/10/2008 10:45:48 AM
Not only would I, I did.

My wife and I have been married for almost 18 wonderful years. Neither one of us have cheated on the other and everything we do is with the other person's consent.
 tonyyarusso
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2008 11:46:38 PM
Sure. A past girlfriend of mine has actually since come out as bi (long after our relationship ended), and I don't see why it would affect a relationship with her. Obviously once in a relationship and when married you would expect fidelity, but that's no different from anyone else. The only difference is that there's twice the competition to get to that point! :P

It should be noted that it is somewhat common for someone to consider themselves bi as part of the process of concluding that they're actually gay (I think it's easier that way), so you'll want to take enough time to find out if that's the case or if they are actually bisexual and are going to remain that way. However, this should be pretty easy since if you wait a reasonable amount of time before taking the step into marriage this will take care of itself.

Also, a large number of posts in this thread make me very, very sad and angry. Grow up and learn about the world around you. That's all.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 187
Posted: 6/11/2009 10:52:09 PM
OP; not in a million years; so many people cheat and they are just into one sex; can you imagine marrying a girl and her not being able to be with a woman when she wants too? no way/

not in a million years.
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 7:19:29 AM
About 25 years ago when I was in my late 20's I had worked in a hotel doing maintence for two years and recieved a room as part of the compensation of the job. There was a very good looking women always walking around my view and smiled a lot at me. One evening she called me on the phone system(room to room) and said she was bored and wanted to know if I was up to some board games she had. I agreed and about an hour afterwards she wanted to do more than board games so we ended messing around. It was about two in the morning she said she had to leave. I found out the next day that she was checked in for a month with another women and it turns out they are lovers and I was used as a one night stand. She was cheating on her girlfriend that worked the night shift. I had no idea, and the fact that she liked **** as much as I did was not a turn off but realizing she would want a women over me a man was something I just couldnt compete over. I dont feel discusted by her choice, cause women can be very loving and giving individuals, what I had a hard time with was the blow to my manhood of a women wanting a women over me.
As for a marrage, I personally dont think I, a heterosexual monogomous male, could have enough confidence that I could filfill a bisexual womens needs to take the step to marrage. I would always have doubts in my mind that her needs are being unmet by me.
 DianesBuffet
Msg: 197
Posted: 11/4/2010 4:10:03 PM
YES YES YES both my husband and I are both bisexual and it`s great. We pratice safe sex all the time and we enjoy a third person in our bed.
I think it is great that we were both able to be honest with each other about our sexuallity. Not like the thousands of men and women out there not telling their partners.

Diane and Dave
 Walts
Msg: 198
Posted: 11/4/2010 5:35:14 PM
Almost to the point of switching teams.
Does that count....for something?????

Vannili
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2010 6:39:36 PM
I would not date or marry a bisexual man, for that is worse fate than death. Imagine if a man leave me for a man, the whole community will be wondering what is wrong with my mouth to pleasure him, or if he leave me for the other way around, I can not be explaining to every body that the back rear tunnel is off limit ,that is a passage for waste, only the front tunnel to enter...
( I'm serious on this).....
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2010 6:54:32 PM

Sure. A past girlfriend of mine has actually since come out as bi (long after our relationship ended), and I don't see why it would affect a relationship with her. Obviously once in a relationship and when married you would expect fidelity, but that's no different from anyone else. The only difference is that there's twice the competition to get to that point! :P

It should be noted that it is somewhat common for someone to consider themselves bi as part of the process of concluding that they're actually gay (I think it's easier that way), so you'll want to take enough time to find out if that's the case or if they are actually bisexual and are going to remain that way. However, this should be pretty easy since if you wait a reasonable amount of time before taking the step into marriage this will take care of itself.

Also, a large number of posts in this thread make me very, very sad and angry. Grow up and learn about the world around you. That's all.

It is quite refreshing to hear words of wisdom from this poster, even if my assessment exposes my "ageism"

but diannnnne is actually the perfect example of the real world as opposed to "in theory". In my experience, those who are bisexual are apt to desire an alternative lifestyle. To each their own, but to think that being attracted in a sexual way to members of both genders doesn't inhibit one's ability to be in an exclusive relationship is to fool ones self. I have yet to see a lasting relationship between two bisexuals or a relationship where one party is bisexual remain exclusive. If you are not good at sharing, it won't work, despite a liberal view. Grow up & learn about the world around you.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 201
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2010 8:05:21 PM

I have yet to see a lasting relationship between two bisexuals or a relationship where one party is bisexual remain exclusive.

I have.

To each their own, but to think that being attracted in a sexual way to members of both genders doesn't inhibit one's ability to be in an exclusive relationship is to fool ones self.

Comes down to the individual and their morals and values, not their sexuality.
 DianesBuffet
Msg: 202
Posted: 11/5/2010 4:43:47 AM
Well we have been married for 5 years now and I love this man more now then I did the day we married. Personally at this point, our marriage is great, excellent, perfect and I cant see it changing any time soon. some marriages work and some don`t and that is the way it is.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2010 4:44:49 AM
It's not the ambiguous sexual orientation that matters, it's the character of the person. There is no real difference between marrying a HETEROSEXUAL person, who ALSO IS ATTRACTED TO OTHER OPPOSITE SEX PEOPLE, and marrying a BISEXUAL person, who is also attracted to SAME SEX people. In either case, all that matters is that once the commitment to "cleave only unto" is made, that it is kept.
I have seen people express the idea here and elsewhere, that a bisexual person's "sexual needs" will FORCE them to find BOTH a male and a female companion to boff, throughout their lives. This is obvious nonsense, if you stop and recognize what I said above. It attributes a magical difference to bisexuals, such that THEY must be DRIVEN to seek out both kinds of sexual partners, while heterosexuals are capable of making CHOICES. Clear cut, thoughtless prejudice, I'm sure.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >